3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FAQ, Frenquently Asked Questions Topic
Flames
post Nov 21 2006, 01:23 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3546

Apparantly people keep asking the same questions without searching. Thos post can be used as a "read first before posting questions" FAQ for FFXII.

I'll start. to add, post a reply

Q: In the Bestiary, what does the "need" count mean?
A: The number is the number of the certain monster left to kill before you learn more about it, meaning more information will show up in the monster's biography.

Q: How do I get to/beat certain Espers, need help with a hunt, am stuck at a particular point in the game, what are teh materials for this special bazaar trade item-and where can i get them?

A: Visit the following site--it will help you with all these things and more. Note the author wrote this for the Japanese version and 99.9% of everythign is still the same except names but the names of particular things are soo close to each other that you can guess what it mean on the english version. (Eg. Distance Attack= Telekenesis)........

All the Help you need!
http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/fi...ntasy_xii_b.txt

Q: Where can I buy Teleport Stones?
A: Take a ride on an airship, merchants there sell them.

Q: Where can I buy ________ spell / technick / weapon / etc?
A: New equipment, magicks, and tecknicks become available in shops as you progress in the story.

Q: What do battle chains do?
A: You recieve a higher chain the more you kill one type of monster one after another (without visiting a village / town or save point, etc). They drop "bags" that give more items, cast magicks on the party, or drop equipment that is above average. The highest possible is 999, but you only need around 100 to see the full effect of chaining.

Q: Why use one weapon-type over another? (Hammer, Mace, Sword, etc)
A: Some weapons use other elements other than strength to have attack power. Some are faster, some have more critical-hit chance, or combo chance. Some raise MP or magick power, etc. For a full list of what does what, visit a guide.

Q: Should I keep all 6 characters around the same level?
A: Until around level 40 this is a good idea. You can switch party members in and out during boss fights, and its also very helpful when you want to use multiple mist charge technicks (quickenings, summoning, etc). After the 40's area, start focusing on one main 3-man party to get stronger.

Q: How much EXP is needed to reach level 99?
A: 13,741,129

Q: How much LP is needed to fill the License Board?
A: 13,180 (an extra 1,705 if you count quickenings and espers)

Q: How do I get rid of relfect?
A: Use the magick Dispel.

Q: How do I use Quickenings correctly?
A: Check the thread, "The Official 'How to use Quickenings' thread". Here is a link, http://www.ffxii.net/forums/index.php?show...ickenings+Guide

Q: Do I have to buy Magicks and Technicks for each individual character?
A: No, once you buy any Magick or Technick from a merchant, all your characters who have the correct license for them are now able to use them.

Q: How come my First Aid always misses?
A: It is for critical recovery only, when your character's Health is in the red.

Q: How does Charge work, exactly?
A: Wait until your MP is very low, and it will regain mana (not sure what exact formula to base this off of, but try only using it when your MP is below 20%)

Q: What are the Greens used for, are they loot trash?
A: They can be used to rogue chocobos to ride them.

Q: Help! My character seems to be stuck with status effects, such as Silence, or Reflect! Is my game bugged?
A: Check the character's equipment, some armor an accessories give permanent status effects when worn. Some can also cause your MP to be at zero as long as you're wearing the item.

Q: Whats a good way to get money at any level?
A: Steal is your firend. Use it in every battle. You'll start to notice which monsters have higher cost loot, especially when you steal a piece of equipment.

SPOILER SECTION!

Q: How do I defeat the first Demon Wall inside King Raithwalls tomb?

A: The best method is to have your characters at a level above 25, all of them. have them all have at least one quickening. Use one 3-man party use the biggest chain of Quickenings possible as soon as the first starts. Then, once that's done, as soon as you're able to, switch the party members out and use a second Quickenings combo with the other 3 characters. Do the biggest chain you can. You'll need a bit of luck, you'll need to hit some high combos with the Quickenings on him. Hopefully after the Quickenings you can use some high hitters to take out the rest of his health with weapons. try not to cast Cure, or do anything but melee. if someone dies, just switch em out.

Q: What do I get for killing the first demon wall?
A: check the wall where he started. After killing the second demon wall, you'll be able to hit this switch, making a few new paths come available to you. Eaither way you go, it'll will bring you to the same destination. At the end there is a chance for a chest to show up, if the chest shows up, there is a chance for a powerful sword called the Demonsbane to be inside. To make sure you get the sword, save outside once the demon walls are defeated. If you don't get the Demonsbane, reload your game and try again. This might take longer than expected, tookme over a couple hours of trying.

This post has been edited by Flames: Nov 23 2006, 10:01 PM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Revolver Ocelot
post Nov 21 2006, 02:23 AM
Post #2

Ultimate Member

Member No.: 3794

Good thread, thanks for the post!

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
demonbaneXII
post Nov 21 2006, 02:33 AM
Post #3

Royal Member

Member No.: 3783

Q: why cant i beat this certain creature?!
A: you are not high enough in the lvl, or skill department..

Q: what do i do if somebody posts a spoiler without marking it, and it totally ruins the part of the game for me???
A: Hunt them down and kill them..

--------------------

{vaan-51***||balthier-50***||fran-46***||basch-45***||ashe-50***||penelo-45***}
+Quote Post
Flames
post Nov 21 2006, 07:50 AM
Post #4

QUOTE(demonbaneXII @ Nov 20 2006, 09:33 PM) *

Q: why cant i beat this certain creature?!
A: you are not high enough in the lvl, or skill department..

Q: what do i do if somebody posts a spoiler without marking it, and it totally ruins the part of the game for me???
A: Hunt them down and kill them..

I think the first one is kind of obvious, but you're right that we do get asked that question a lot lol.

The second one Is just silly, the correct answer is to report them, if that.
+Quote Post
Di3S3L
post Nov 21 2006, 10:20 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3138

Q: help my item is broken, it won't work / Status effects like silence or sap have become permanent, is my game broken? / my mp won't recharge...wtf?
A: lol

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
TFGoose
post Nov 21 2006, 05:27 PM
Post #6

Holy Member

Member No.: 3167

QUOTE(Di3S3L @ Nov 21 2006, 05:20 AM) *

Q: help my item is broken, it won't work / Status effects like silence or sap have become permanent, is my game broken? / my mp won't recharge...wtf?
A: lol

Alternate answer:

A: Reading, it's not just for school.

--TFGoose
+Quote Post
Snake
post Nov 21 2006, 05:35 PM
Post #7

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 955

*pinned*

Members should use this thread, and post their own Q&A's. If members do post their own Q&A's, then either the topic starter will update his post, or I or another moderator will do it his/herself. smile.gif
+Quote Post
Edwy
post Nov 21 2006, 06:04 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3539

Q. How do I get rid of reflect?

Cast Dispel

(Thanx for stickeying it)

--------------------
Dont Understand Quickenings?? Click Here:

Want To Know The Best Place To Chain/Get Loot?? Click Here:
+Quote Post
Flames
post Nov 21 2006, 06:15 PM
Post #9

QUOTE(kamari-ice @ Nov 21 2006, 12:35 PM) *

*pinned*

Members should use this thread, and post their own Q&A's. If members do post their own Q&A's, then either the topic starter will update his post, or I or another moderator will do it his/herself. smile.gif

I will keep an eye on it day to day, but if I miss something, it's prolly just because i didn't think it would look right in the FAQ. But if you feel something is good, go ahead and edit the post.
+Quote Post
Di3S3L
post Nov 21 2006, 09:39 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3138

Q: How do I obtain a Sandalwood Chop? All I have are Pinewood Chops, the taxi guy won't let me through, wtf?
A: There are Chopmasters in each shop in Archades, located on the second floor. trade your Pinewoods for a Sandalwood there.

This post has been edited by Di3S3L: Nov 21 2006, 09:39 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Basch
post Nov 22 2006, 03:50 AM
Post #11

Royal Member

Member No.: 845

Q: How do I get to/beat certain Espers, need help with a hunt, am stuck at a particular point in the game, what are teh materials for this special bazaar trade item-and where can i get them?

A: Visit the following site--it will help you with all these things and more. Note the author wrote this for the Japanese version and 99.9% of everythign is still the same except names but the names of particular things are soo close to each other that you can guess what it mean on the english version. (Eg. Distance Attack= Telekenesis)........

All the Help you need!

This post has been edited by Basch: Nov 22 2006, 03:51 AM

--------------------
"Insert Signature Here"

UNDER CONSTRUCTION
+Quote Post
ZelasMetallium
post Nov 24 2006, 10:45 PM
Post #12

Royal Member

Member No.: 3754

QUOTE(Sanjiyan @ Nov 24 2006, 03:27 PM) *

I'm actually glad to hear that there is a 2nd spear. As I learned about how to get this spear long after I had already opened many of the chests I was not supposed to open. Guess I will have to work on this 2nd spear when the time comes; Iím still working on some of the other top weapons at the moment. (Freaking Dorsal Fins, I hate those fish)

I figured this one out after a mistake and a lot of banging my head on the wall. tongue.gif

Q: I left Balfonheim, Archades, Nalbina, etc. before activating the Teleport Crystal! How do I get back?

A: You can travel to locations on foot but to save yourself some time and hassle you can spend some Gil travelling to different Aerodomes via air ship and looking for one with an attendant for the area you need.

I'd known there were attendants but after leaving Balfonheim, the place I was at (Nalbina, I think.) didn't have someone at the Balfonheim counter! I freaked, to say the least. lol After a bit of a run around I found counter help for Balfonheim in Rabanastre. tongue.gif

--------------------
FFXII IPB Image 101 Hours
-Ashe-
-Penelo-
-Fran-
+Quote Post
Samimaru
post Nov 25 2006, 08:30 PM
Post #13

Elite Member

Member No.: 3041

Q: I can't Defeat Gilgame cuz I don't have Silence and I can't go back to Rabnaster to buy it, cuz when I do the season changes and it never come back

A: bare with it, your only hope is to Lv. up

( I've asked this question once and I didn't get the answer dry.gif )

This post has been edited by Samimaru: Nov 25 2006, 08:31 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
ZelasMetallium
post Nov 26 2006, 02:02 AM
Post #14

Royal Member

Q: What are Pebbles for?

A: Pebbles are just like any other sort of loot except they can be dropped from almost all normal monsters. They serve no purpose other than to screw up your looting.

--------------------
-Ashe-
-Penelo-
-Fran-
+Quote Post
Balla
post Nov 26 2006, 04:25 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 3971

Here is my question:

I get my butt kicked by the Judge on the Leviathon Ship, he doesn't even show a health bar going down when I fight him, how do I beat him? Is being only lvl 10-11 the problem?
+Quote Post
Fendrus
post Nov 28 2006, 08:45 PM
Post #16

Ultimate Member

Member No.: 3058

Here is my question:

I get my butt kicked by the Judge on the Leviathon Ship, he doesn't even show a health bar going down when I fight him, how do I beat him? Is being only lvl 10-11 the problem?

Exactly,train until you reach lv 17 or above.You should have trained at Lhusu when you had the chance.If you find a way to goto Bhujerba,Lhusu will be your best friend.

This post has been edited by Fendrus: Dec 2 2006, 06:06 PM

--------------------
Proud member of the Chocobo Family.
+Quote Post
ZelasMetallium
post Nov 28 2006, 10:16 PM
Post #17

Royal Member

Spawned from previous question. tongue.gif

Q: This area/boss/Mark is kicking my trash! People tell me to level up more, but how much more?

A: Along the main storyline it is unlikely that the game will throw you into anything that's overly powerful. You are likely only a few levels behind. Play it safe and set a goal five levels above your current. Are you level 15? Come take another crack at the boss only once you reach level 20. Still didn't kill him? Come back at 25.

At the very worst this will lead to overkill, and that's not bad now, is it?

Marks and optional bosses can be much different, as you can wander into optional areas sometimes 20 levels above your current! Have Libra or a Bangle and check the monster level. Come back when you're within three levels of it. (Is the monster level 60? Come back when you're 57+)

This will help you not get beaten too badly. tongue.gif

--------------------
-Ashe-
-Penelo-
-Fran-
+Quote Post
Balla
post Nov 29 2006, 03:10 AM
Post #18

Member No.: 3971

Thank you! biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
OMGWTFitzBEN
post Dec 2 2006, 03:57 PM
Post #19

Ultimate Member

Member No.: 3190

wOOt, nice thread, I hope people read this biggrin.gif, yay my thread is included XD

Oh you should do

Q: What level should I be at ______?
A: If you can progress through the game without any difficulty, you're fine, if you're losing lots of HP from monsters, or if they're tough to beat, you should level up and grind a bit. There is no 'exact' level you should be anywhere, whatever you think is the right level for that area. Also, if you want to be like exact, when you face monsters, they have a level next to their name, you want to be a bit higher than that.

This post has been edited by OMGWTFitzBEN: Dec 2 2006, 05:47 PM
+Quote Post
Xiitharn
post Dec 2 2006, 10:02 PM
Post #20

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 1134

Excellent thread idea.

Good work, Flames. smile.gif

--------------------
QUOTE(Nick @ May 5 2007, 04:05 PM) *
go Roger yourself with a Tuba you flappy-headed Canuck - your humour is hideous and your gayness knows no bounds!
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th December 2017 - 04:09 PM

© Copyright 2003-2007 FFXII.Net - All Rights Reserved - Disclaimer
Final Fantasy XII, FFXII & FF12 are registered trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd.