Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FAQ, Frenquently Asked Questions Topic
Fendrus
post Dec 4 2006, 03:27 AM
Post #21

Ultimate Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3058

Q:How do I know if the monster is strong/weak enough?

A:Cast Libra and check 2 things:

1-The mob's name's color.If it's white,OK.If it's yellow,you still stand a chance.If it's red,a big challenge,turn back unless you want to have your ass kicked.

2-The mob's HP and weakness,if it's HP is acceptable and you have a Magick that corresponds to it's weakness,then just check the item above and if it's name is not red,give it a try.

Q:Are there mobs in the middle of the game that are 10 times stronger than all of my charcters?Do they disappear with the time?

A:Yes,the Wild Saurian and the Werewolves are special examples.No,get used to it.

Q:Is there a way of finishing all of the sidequests AFTER defeating the boss?

A:No but your save file won't be deleted so if you want to finish your sidequests reload your game and do them again right before the last stage.

Q:For what the heck are these Grimoires?Are they worth the cost?

A:They unlock extra and better loot from the enemies.Yes,if you wanna some Gil just buy a Grimoire and do a 100 chain on the mosnter's class and voala,there's your result.

How do I obtain those Ultimate weapons?

A:There you go,wanna something better?Than it's Google for you.

Zodiac Spear:It's inside the secret area of the Henne Mines.Diamond Armlet required (or at least I think so).

Tournesol:(Mithril's,congratulations,the credits are all yours)There's a detailed Tournesol's recipe here inside the Forum,here goes the link: http://www.ffxii.net/forums/index.php?show...mp;hl=Tournesol

Ultima Blade:It's inside the Pharos-Subterra area.Abyssal floor.

Excalibur :It's inside the Great Crystral area,second area.

Ragnarok:Complete the mob hunt Ixion.It's inside the Pharos - Subterra area.The floor's name is Penumbra.The requester is inside the Whitecap,Balfonheim.

Fomalhaut:It's inside Henne Mines' secret area (I think that the Diamond Armlet is required).

Ensanguined Shield:It's inside Henne Mines' secret area (I think that the Diamond Armlet is required).

Zodiac Escutcheon:It's inside the Great Crystal area,3rd area,right after the Taurus 2 Gate.

Whale Whisker:It can be made or found inside the Pharos-Subterra area.The floor's name is Abyssal.I was with the Diamond Armlet equipped.

Dragon Whisker:It's inside The Pharos-Subterra area.The floor's anme is Penumbra.

Ribbon:It's inside Henne Mines' secret area (I think that the Diamond Armlet is required).

Here's another weapon.It's not an Ultimate,but it's worth the bounty(Credits go to Ethereal for the correction):

Platinum Dagger:It's inside Henne Mines' secret area (I think that the Diamond Armlet is required).

I didn't find nor the Rod of Faith neither the Staff,so any help would be apreciated.I couldn't find the Shell Shield too.And I didn't post anything about Masamune because I can't remember where I found it (divided between 2 mob hunts.Actually replaiyng the game,I'll check it and post here.If anyone is 100% sure about Masamune's location,feel free to post).

For the ones that a Diamond Armlet is required you may find Knots of Rust too,but just don't worry,go 3 areas (it is different than the number of areas [2] that you need to go to a mob respawn) further and then go back.The chest will probably be there again.

Always use the Diamond Armlet for improved chances of fiding the weapon.

Q:Why can't I beat Zodiark?

A:Because your levels are too low.Lv 95-99 recommended.Search inside the forum for tactics and the like.

Q:Is that rumor of the game becoming corrupt after you reach lv 80 true?

A:No.

Q:How do I make that damn Blizzard appear inside Silverflow's End?

A:Check this little guide,here goes the link: http://www.ffxii.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=8468

Q:How do I make that weather inside Tchita Uplands change from sunny to cloudy so I can slay that Lindwyrm?

A:Turn ON all of the windmills inside Cerobi Steppe (1 to 9,the 10th is not necessary).

Q:How do I get inside the Henne Mines secret area?

A:Obtain at least 10 Espers and then speak with the Garif Geomancer inside Jahara after the mob hunt Mindflayer.

Q:What level should I be when facing Omega?

A:85-99 strongly recommended.

Q:Do I have to face all of the Judges?

A:No,just 3 of them (Ghis inside the Leviathan,Bergan inside Mt. Bur Omisace's Palace and Gabranth inside the Pharos and inside the Sky Fortress Bahamut).

Q:How do I defeat that White Mousse and that Orthros without the Sluice Control Key?

A:Take the open route and keep it straight.Your map is your best friend.

Q:What do I obtain by completing my Sky Pirate's Den?

A:A Clan Rank and a reward,just don't ask me what reward because I didn't complete it yet,but check the forum for more detailed information.

Uuuf,that's all tongue.gif.

This post has been edited by Fendrus: Dec 9 2006, 06:37 PM

--------------------
Proud member of the Chocobo Family.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Lady Sora
post Dec 6 2006, 08:40 AM
Post #22

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 1677

Um.. do you find Mimic Queen or whatever her name, a strong boss? when she hit the ground, all HP go down. >_<

--------------------
IPB Image

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Ethereal Blade
post Dec 9 2006, 10:09 AM
Post #23

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2570

@Fendrus: I have a couple things to add that you requested.

Shell Shield: Hunt reward for defeating Wyvern Lord, and also a treasure in the Stilshrine of Miriam (one-time chest in the hidden path that appears on the western wall in the area called "Ward of the Sword King") Equip the Diamond Armlet for a better chance of obtaining it (you can get it without though).

Rod of Faith: After completing the Behemoth King hunt, and getting your reward, go to Mt. Bur-Omisace and find the rock formation that resembles a wyrm snout. Unequip Vaan of his weapon and search the rock for the rod (as well as 500,000 gil happy.gif ).

Edit: Also, I didn't know if you realized, but you have the Platinum Dagger listed as the ultimate dagger... it's actually Danjuro (dropped from the rare monster "Larva Eater" which can be found in the Great Crystal Upper Layer). smile.gif

This post has been edited by Ethereal Blade: Dec 9 2006, 03:04 PM
+Quote Post
Fendrus
post Dec 9 2006, 06:32 PM
Post #24

Ultimate Member

Member No.: 3058

It's not exactly a Ultimate Dagger,but a rare weapon.Wanted to type there just because it can't be bought (at least I didn't find it,but didn't search either tongue.gif),but I'll edit the post.Thanks for the corretion.

This post has been edited by Fendrus: Dec 9 2006, 06:38 PM

--------------------
Proud member of the Chocobo Family.
+Quote Post
Sqiggs
post Dec 12 2006, 04:02 AM
Post #25

Member No.: 4463

How do I obtain the Deathbringer in the Barhiem Passage?

Okay from entering from the Estersand with the Barhiem Key, you'll be in the Zeviah Subterrane.

Take the sharp left then right, now just move ahead until you're in what's called the "Great Central Passage"

Just go straight through there in to the "North-South Adjunct" (It's where the gate crystal is, you can warp there)

Save your game and have some Theif's cuffs equip. Head back in to the "Great Central Passage" and where the track splits in to two, take the left one.

You should be in what is called the "Special Op Sector 5" run past the Surianders and the Turtle.

Now there should a rock/boulder on the RIGHT side of the track. If there is there can either be 1 treasure chest, 2 treasure chests or 1 treasure chest.

-1 chest is just a normal chest
-1 chest looks silvery! This is Ithuno who you will steal the Death Bringer from.
-2 chests 1 is normal 1 is silvery, choose the silvery one.

Start your stealing, I recommend setting Gambits to Steal and having a 3 man party. Just start stealing, until you get it. If your health runs low walk only ONE section out a heal if you walk 2 sections you reset every thing. So heal then go back in and steal some more.

Go back and save then quit game. Repeat as many times you wish.

Thanks to goldeneye86 and Arthellinus for this, I just kinda wrote it more detailed.

Hope it helps.
+Quote Post
halflife2x
post Dec 13 2006, 10:02 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 4279

awesome thread
+Quote Post
TFGoose
post Dec 14 2006, 10:38 PM
Post #27

Holy Member

Member No.: 3167

Q: What's this Nihopaloa thingy for?

The Nihopaloa (otherwise known as 'that stupid necklace that reverses item effects') is an extremely useful item. It is capable of inflicting various status ailments on enemies based on the curative items you choose to use in conjunction with it. For instance, if you target an enemy with the Nihopaloa equipped and throw an Eye Drop at it, the enemy will be afflicted with Blind status.

This assumes that the creature is not immune to that status effect. However, as long as it isn't totally immune, it will get it 100% of the time. Resistance doesn't matter. Even if the creature only has a 2% chance of being blinded through the use of the Blind spell, the Niho + Eye Drop will blind it every time. I cannot overemphasize the value of this trick on marks, rare games, and bosses, where getting Blind/Sleep/Silence/Etc. to land is usually a pain.

Here's the kicker though.... The Niho also works with Remedies. If your character has all the Remedy Lores learned, it is possible to throw nearly every status effect in the game at an enemy with one shot by tossing a Remedy at it. The creature will instantly be afflicted with every status ailment that a Remedy normally cures, as long as it isn't immune to it. This is FAR more efficient than spending round after round trying to cast spells to cause these same effects, and watching them Miss time and time again because of the enemy's resistance. Items never miss, so neither does the Niho. It's that simple.

--TFGoose

This post has been edited by TFGoose: Dec 14 2006, 10:48 PM
+Quote Post
Roxel
post Dec 30 2006, 03:20 AM
Post #28

Member No.: 2949

Oh my gosh, thank you so much. Penelo has been stuck on Silence for what seems like months (actually, it may have been). If you didn't post this, I never would have thought to unequip the items. Until I got a reply when I created a new topic at least, but I saw this first. -eheh- Thank youuuu~ ^0^

--------------------
How many people liked Vaan from the beginning?! XD -is guilty-
+Quote Post
Shyshdy
post Jan 2 2007, 10:16 PM
Post #29

Member No.: 3453

Q: I have mirror mail equipped, and it gives my chracter reflect status while it's being worn. I understand that, and it was, in fact, what I wanted. While fighting marks & bosses, their spells still get through. Is mirror mail 'void' during boss fights/mark hunts? Is there a property I'm missing? Sorry if this isn't a faq, but it didn't seem worthy of it's own thread. Thanks!
+Quote Post
Gold Chocobo
post Jan 12 2007, 05:45 AM
Post #30

Royal Member

Member No.: 5308

QUOTE(Shyshdy @ Jan 2 2007, 10:16 PM) *

Q: I have mirror mail equipped, and it gives my chracter reflect status while it's being worn. I understand that, and it was, in fact, what I wanted. While fighting marks & bosses, their spells still get through. Is mirror mail 'void' during boss fights/mark hunts? Is there a property I'm missing? Sorry if this isn't a faq, but it didn't seem worthy of it's own thread. Thanks!

Yeah Kind of what I'm wondering about reflect too. My party gets put to sleep and or blinded even with reflect on them. Is this because they're too weak (at least aginst magic) and the monster's spells are too strong?

--------------------
IPB Image
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
Master Vivi is love!IPB Image
Chocobo caretaker and guardian in the Chocobo Family! Caretaker by day...
+Quote Post
kelanor
post Jan 14 2007, 12:48 PM
Post #31

Member No.: 3530

QUOTE(Gold Chocobo @ Jan 12 2007, 12:45 AM) *

QUOTE(Shyshdy @ Jan 2 2007, 10:16 PM) *

Yeah Kind of what I'm wondering about reflect too. My party gets put to sleep and or blinded even with reflect on them. Is this because they're too weak (at least aginst magic) and the monster's spells are too strong?

I think it's because some of the status effects from enemies, like the Flash attack from some of the skeletons are not actually magic. So the mirror mail wont work on them. At least that's my theory.
+Quote Post
Rfsancho
post Jan 29 2007, 05:47 AM
Post #32

lol

Member No.: 3700

-ra attacks also pass through Reflect in my experience fighting Enties, all the AoE spells passed through Reflect
I think it only reflect single target spells
And does not reflect AoE spells, or when enemy is able to cast through it

--------------------
IPB Image(Im a guy)
...sexy picture...kinda looks like Aya...
~~~
Me
Life's simple don't's:
Don't front! Don't lie! Don't assume shit! Don't start shit you can't handle!
Life's simple do's:
Be nice! Be truthful! Be true to yourself!
+Quote Post
lemonjuice
post Feb 19 2007, 10:46 PM
Post #33

Member No.: 6327

QUOTE(TFGoose @ Dec 14 2006, 10:38 PM) *

Q: What's this Nihopaloa thingy for?

The Nihopaloa (otherwise known as 'that stupid necklace that reverses item effects') is an extremely useful item. It is capable of inflicting various status ailments on enemies based on the curative items you choose to use in conjunction with it. For instance, if you target an enemy with the Nihopaloa equipped and throw an Eye Drop at it, the enemy will be afflicted with Blind status.

This assumes that the creature is not immune to that status effect. However, as long as it isn't totally immune, it will get it 100% of the time. Resistance doesn't matter. Even if the creature only has a 2% chance of being blinded through the use of the Blind spell, the Niho + Eye Drop will blind it every time. I cannot overemphasize the value of this trick on marks, rare games, and bosses, where getting Blind/Sleep/Silence/Etc. to land is usually a pain.

Here's the kicker though.... The Niho also works with Remedies. If your character has all the Remedy Lores learned, it is possible to throw nearly every status effect in the game at an enemy with one shot by tossing a Remedy at it. The creature will instantly be afflicted with every status ailment that a Remedy normally cures, as long as it isn't immune to it. This is FAR more efficient than spending round after round trying to cast spells to cause these same effects, and watching them Miss time and time again because of the enemy's resistance. Items never miss, so neither does the Niho. It's that simple.

--TFGoose

i'm not exactly sure i get it, i have the nihopaloa but i can't target enemies with items
+Quote Post
*Garland*
post Mar 3 2007, 08:40 PM
Post #34

Banned
Group Icon

Member No.: 1655

^ Press R2 i think, to shift through targets. That's how you heal and revive your 2nd team aswell, without them actually being on the field.

--------------------
<3 BG, Azzy & Steiny.
+Quote Post
Joker
post Mar 12 2007, 10:32 AM
Post #35

Chieftain

Member No.: 1868

I just wanted to know about Katana because it also base on magic attack, what happen if i put on the ring that increases your magic when you heath is at critical stages? Because a magic blizzaraga can go straight to 9999 damages, what happen if I were to stab a foe with a katana?

--------------------
IPB Image
Rise from the dead, once more!
+Quote Post
Hidden Hippo
post Mar 17 2007, 10:10 PM
Post #36

Member No.: 6769

For the reflect issue, isn't it because they have the Ignore Reflect augment (your characters can't get it though, although I think the Sage's Ring may give it) rather than their magic is too strong. I'm fairly sure the entites all have it, as do a large number of the higher level undead and general magic users.

--------------------
Average character level: 90
Best Chain: ~225
Best quickening chain: 18

IPB Image
+Quote Post
The One for Balthier
post May 10 2007, 07:38 PM
Post #37

Member No.: 8320

Great guide! wink.gif The only thing that might be a little wrong is the first demon wall. I beat it at level 17 with 4 characters with quickenings and I only needed to use 1 ether. But I suppose it is all down to chance of your quickenings in a way.
+Quote Post
Valefor
post May 14 2007, 08:17 AM
Post #38

Member No.: 8310

QUOTE(lemonjuice @ Feb 19 2007, 11:46 PM) *

i'm not exactly sure i get it, i have the nihopaloa but i can't target enemies with items

You can press L1 or R1 to target an enemy or reserve party member.
+Quote Post
finalbahamut
post May 27 2007, 07:11 AM
Post #39

Member No.: 3364

Is it really a good idea to sell all the loot you acquire or you reserve them for something better in the way?? (loot excempted in my question >> teleport stone. gysahl green, giant snakehide)...

Some says you can unlock equips, items with your loot and it requires a number of loot for each weapon, equips etc.

QUOTE(The One for Balthier @ May 10 2007, 07:38 PM) *

Great guide! wink.gif The only thing that might be a little wrong is the first demon wall. I beat it at level 17 with 4 characters with quickenings and I only needed to use 1 ether. But I suppose it is all down to chance of your quickenings in a way.

I didn't even use a quickening when I beat at around that level I just used berserk on Vossler and Vaan.

This post has been edited by finalbahamut: May 27 2007, 07:13 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
DRaGoN^PRiNCe
post Jun 28 2007, 02:29 PM
Post #40

Member No.: 644

my question-

with everything else on my ps3, surround sound works fine but i can only get the front two speakers for ffxii. even if i choose dolby digital ii in the options

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st September 2017 - 12:09 PM

Copyright 2003-2007 FFXII.Net - All Rights Reserved - Disclaimer
Final Fantasy XII, FFXII & FF12 are registered trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd.