> FFXII.NET: WHERE ARE THEY NOW?, pretty self explanatory, noobz
joesmith123
post Jul 17 2012, 04:17 PM
Post #41

Cor Blimey!
Group Icon

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 866

Wow, I can't believe that this site was back up and running. I just typed in the url as a lark and was shocked to see the forum still alive.

Well, after this site went down I went to ffnext where I took the name Reagan.

After life got a little too busy, I unfortunately stopped being an active member there.

I graduated college with a major in history and a minor in education. From there, it took me the better part of the next 3 years until I landed myself an official position as a social studies teacher. I currently own a house in the suburbs down on the Jersey Shore where I live with my girlfriend.

It was great to read what everyone's been up to these past few years. It's funny how well I remember so many details about everyone here. There were a lot of good times spent on this forum, talking FFXII, life, and debating with all of you.

I wish everyone the very best in life!

-JS123 (Reagan)

--------------------
IPB Image

Thanks again to Snake for another great sig. As always his work on my behalf is greatly appreciated.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Dawn
post Jul 19 2012, 10:19 AM
Post #42

Embrace your dreams
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 126

Good to see everything is being good for you mate. Cheers!!

--------------------
Once known as shyman

QUOTE(Steve Kilbey)
Something must be wrong when weapons are legal and pot is banned

QUOTE(rainbowbrat)
I am a carnivore, though, I eat all kinds of meat :p

member of the Singles family,Hippie family and GOD family

Married to the loving Rainbowbrat
+Quote Post
steiner
post Feb 2 2013, 04:43 AM
Post #43

It's been too long...
Group Icon

Member No.: 1745

I'm too filled with 'oh shit is this really happening' right now to really form a sensible post. It's 4.30 in the morning over here and I've been rereading shit since around 1 (when I randomly googled ffxii.net)

But it was great reading about you guys. In all honesty this feels like another life entirely - especially as I was an alter ego for much of my postings on here. But seriously I'm gonna have to reread this after I get some sleep...

As a snippet of actually revealing something about myself on here. As far as I go, I've been boring and nerdy since last I posted. At least on paper. Got a degree and planning to start a pHD. Not sure in what though....

Man....and yeah....I remember everyone....

--------------------
IPB Image
"Foolish. Picking fights with strangers in a place like this... I used to know someone like that. He was a loser... He refused to find beneficial ways to use his power. Instead, he'd seek out people to fight..." -Amarant Coral, FFIX
Mmmmm....Married to Garlz, Mel and KittenLittle.
+Quote Post
steiner
post Feb 2 2013, 03:17 PM
Post #44

It's been too long...
Group Icon

Member No.: 1745

Got some sleep. tongue.gif

QUOTE(steiner aka God @ Feb 2 2013, 04:43 AM) *

In all honesty this feels like another life entirely - especially as I was an alter ego for much of my postings on here.
No. Just No.

'Alter ego' is probably going too far. It was definitely me - it's just that I never used to indicate whether I was taking the piss or being serious, so some of my posts were somewhat...suspect...shall we say xD (Chicken_Wuss I'm looking at you)

Like most of you guys, I've matured and grown as well. It's good to see we're all doing our best to make the most of the trials and tribulations life hurls at us. I suppose in that respect I've been lucky though as nothing dramatic has happened to me. I suppose my one problem is I lack a bit of purpose in life atm...but I'm hoping that will come with time. Science is now my number 2 obsession, after Final Fantasy IX (of course). Political debates may not be in my top 2 anymore but I can still kick Joe Smith's sorry ass any time, any place. wink.gif
Bush still sucks!

@PG: (You're always PG to me...well that and Bacchus Frog tongue.gif) - glad to see your health is doing good. I sort of...don't do anything online anymore, except very rarely pop in at FXN, so that'll be partly why we haven't spoken.

@Marblefizzle: Holy shit, looking badass man. I would totally NOT bring a legal suit against you.

@Phoenix/Azloah: Glad to see you're handling your life so well. I too feel like a different person from the 16 year old I was when this place closed. (Doesn't it feel far longer..?)

QUOTE(LG aka Leaf Gays @ Jun 25 2012, 04:54 AM) *

Well; I will be honest. Reading back on some of my posts in here. I was a straight complete asshole. I still am though. Very much so.

laugh.gif

Nice reading about all of you. We all have such diverse lives...I don't get to meet people like y'all in real life!

P.S.

And here's a picture of me from last year

--------------------
IPB Image
"Foolish. Picking fights with strangers in a place like this... I used to know someone like that. He was a loser... He refused to find beneficial ways to use his power. Instead, he'd seek out people to fight..." -Amarant Coral, FFIX
Mmmmm....Married to Garlz, Mel and KittenLittle.
+Quote Post
Lady Sora
post Feb 11 2013, 03:12 PM
Post #45

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1677

Awwwwww

Long time no see @.@

--------------------
IPB Image

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Maiden of Rabanastre
post Feb 28 2013, 12:36 AM
Post #46

Ultimate Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1898

Thought I'd pop in and give you guys a wee update.

When I left off here, I'd just graduated from school, and so now I'm a working adult in the graphic design field. My first job, right after I left uni, lasted four months. I was working for an engineering company in my hometown, and it was the pits. I quit when I got a job offer from a design business in the upstate and so now I've officially left the nest and am living on my own. It's a strange feeling after having lived with at least six people all my life, but I'm adjusting well and I love my job. Not much else to report, really. Glad to see all the rest of you are doing well!

I'm on Tumblr these days way more than I'd like to admit, so if you've got a blog there, I'd like to keep in touch!

http://laurenge.tumblr.com/
+Quote Post
NervPoison
post Jul 24 2013, 03:50 PM
Post #47

Il Grande Simoni
Group Icon

Member No.: 924

I graduated this summer (master degree Evolutionary & Behavioral Biology) and am currently on the prowl for a job. Might end up in college again if I don't find one by September.
What else can I say? My gaming library has become larger, my love life is still non-existent, I'm balding, and I never pass up a chance to have (drunken) fun.
Stay classy, forum folks!

--------------------
IPB Image
Thanks to andrzej for the signature!
+Quote Post
Dawn
post Oct 16 2014, 05:23 PM
Post #48

Embrace your dreams
Group Icon

Well, Tomorrow will be my first anniversary as a married man smile.gif

--------------------
Once known as shyman

QUOTE(Steve Kilbey)

QUOTE(rainbowbrat)

+Quote Post
Turquoise Reed
post Mar 7 2015, 04:39 AM
Post #49

MidnightBlue
Group Icon

Member No.: 1674

@ Dawn: Several months late, but congratulations smile.gif

This place was a bit of a refuge for me for a few years after I left my childhood country and moved to where I still am today, so it's heart warming to see that it's been preserved! It's a fun nostalgia trip reading over old posts and messages, and it's good to see that old friends are doing well ^^

There must have had a reason for using Turquoise Reed as my name on here, but I've completely forgotten what it could have been xD

The last 7 years have been... rather eventful haha
I've spent time living overseas since I began university and I'm grateful for the friends and experiences that have come from it. At the moment I'm a postgraduate student training to become a secondary school teacher - a dream of mine for a long time that's slowly turning into reality ^^

It's tiring and the workload can be crazy, but I'm happy and content with most things in my life, and optimistic for the future smile.gif

And I do hope that my old siblings and cousins from the Chocobo Family are well~
Kweh! yess.gif/*

**Edit: If anyone would like to connect over Facebook, please do send a PM and I would be happy to smile.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
BohemianAndy
post Sep 24 2015, 09:41 AM
Post #50

Dentist brah
Group Icon

Member No.: 1071

QUOTE(Kaj @ Apr 21 2012, 02:50 AM) *

Here is me:

IPB Image

So yea, that was last october when I graduated as dentist.. that's right im a dentist now wink.gif Fear me!!

Playing games? No, no time sad.gif PS3 collecting dust.
Party hardy? Yes smile.gif!

For the rest, just having fun wink.gif

Hey mate, and hey everyone else!

I randomly came on this forum after a little google searching. I can't believe it's back online. Talk about a serious nostalgia trip.

It's great to see everyone doing well and HAPPY biggrin.gif

Like you Kajutsa, I have also entered the realm of dentistry! I did contemplate going into medicine years ago, but in my later 20s dentistry fit the bill for me in many ways. Great working hours, salary, lifestyle, flexibility, specialties are fascinating and so on. I've now done a BSc (Physiology), BA (Psychology), Master of Forensics, Grad Dip (Sleep Science), and entering a Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD) program in 2016. I may very well be moving to Sydney! No idea what I'd like to specialize in just yet as it's still early days, but dental surgery and cosmetic dentistry have caught my gaze. Having my own clinic and building my own empire would be sick.

Similar to many of you, in the past 6+ years since I've been active on here... I've been through several relationships, lived at college next to university (good times!), travelled around Europe, been to India, and done other various bits and pieces and grown in many ways since.

Here is a pic of me in Berlin from last year, in front of Brandenburg Gate. I will definitely be going to Europe once again in the future, and hopefully travel many other places that also take my fancy smile.gif

IPB Image

I haven't really done much if any gaming these past few years. I guess it's just been my natural progression in life - concentrate more on study, work and other things in life. I however, will definitely be playing the next great Final Fantasy RPG to be released on PS4 in the future.

I'm more than happy to chat to you guys (those who are not on my Facebook etc), if you're keen too. I got my password back for this site and will be around every once in a while.

I hope you all live eventful, happy, productive, and great futures ahead.

--------------------
<3 FT//GRG2//Sarah
+Quote Post
Lonedove
post Sep 25 2015, 06:21 AM
Post #51

L o s t L u n a t i c.
Group Icon

Member No.: 2164

Hi guys! I can't believe this is up. I literally have the biggest smile plastered on my face at the library. People probably think I'm looking at something lewd. I don't care. It's great to see this place back up. smile.gif I'm reading about you guys and its amazing how much I recall about each individual. I'm so happy to hear about people doing well and I'm extremely sorry to the people who have tasted life's bitterness. I hope it gets better, my friends. Its a bit late but: Congrats, Dawn! I'm incredibly happy for you! Soon it'll be the second anniversary. biggrin.gif

I was 16 when I joined. Now im edging towards 26. Geez. Time really flew by.

My forum life ended here after this place closed. To recap where are they now? -

I graduated college with a ba in psychology. Had my first boyfriend. It didn't work out. Took some time off and did some paid internships. Now I'm back in school earning a masters degree in forensic psychology and working. I write for academic journals and do a lot of collecting data. I really enjoy it. I'm really interested in the intelligence community and I've been trying to get into a certain program. I very recently moved to DC and I'm still unpacking. I'm looking forward to seeing snow this winter. smile.gif

Wishing you guys the best. I've missed you!

*I would be extremely happy to keep up with you guys on Facebook! Please send me a PM and I'll send the link. :3

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Dawn
post Oct 2 2015, 04:18 PM
Post #52

Embrace your dreams
Group Icon

Thanks everyone smile.gif. Good to see you back LD!! Been a really long time!

It will be my second anniversary soon. And guess what? On August 22nd I upgraded from stepfather to father lol

--------------------
Once known as shyman

QUOTE(Steve Kilbey)

QUOTE(rainbowbrat)

+Quote Post
Lonedove
post Oct 3 2015, 12:08 AM
Post #53

L o s t L u n a t i c.
Group Icon

Member No.: 2164

Congratulations, Dawn! This is such wonderful news! Wishing you and your family the best! smile.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
NervPoison
post Dec 15 2015, 08:22 PM
Post #54

Il Grande Simoni
Group Icon

Member No.: 924

Reading all of you succeed at this whole "life" thing despite my expectations really brings a smile to my face. As for me, I've found a job as a prosector at the university I graduated from and like the general direction my life is going in.

--------------------
IPB Image
Thanks to andrzej for the signature!
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2017 - 06:22 PM

Copyright 2003-2007 FFXII.Net - All Rights Reserved - Disclaimer
Final Fantasy XII, FFXII & FF12 are registered trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd.