> New Scans (April 4) and RW box art
Diorelli
post Apr 4 2007, 12:39 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7209

RW boxart:

http://img73.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ffxiidsxf4.png

New characters, summons and possible Vaan and Penelo love connection? biggrin.gif

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/8591/77...122893lorz2.jpg

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/3136/77...122477lohl3.jpg

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/9333/77...122490lojh6.jpg

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/5504/77...122499loye0.jpg

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
-josh-
post Apr 4 2007, 01:31 PM
Post #2

Bleh
Group Icon

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 1975

Box arts okai, but a bit blurry.

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/8591/77...122893lorz2.jpg

WHO IS THAT??! Likes penelo?!

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
aorin
post Apr 4 2007, 01:57 PM
Post #3

~ ♥ Double Trouble ♥ ~

Member No.: 2129

I'm rather disappointetd with the the boxart cover. Because I thought FFT new box art was way cooler and they inserted a large cast into the cover. If I am not a FFXII fan, I might not consider buying this game based on the box cover... it doesn't seem catchy enough for me.

The first pic - a new character introduce and a Dalmascan soldier at that. He would have looked cool in my book if he had not been wearing the Dalmasca defult soldier outfit. I still can't get over the sports bra and swimming trunks attire, and I dread the day to see Basch in it.

The second pic - seems like the thong lady, Elza is back (without the thong) with Rikken and Raz. tongue.gif The pic between Penelo and Velis was curious as well but I don't think there is anything to be worried about as she was probably felt attached to him because her own brotehr was once part of the Order of Knights. But I'm glad seeing all this, seems like RW is focues much more on relationship development.

The third pic - Odin (he seem to be working for Judge of Wings), Raiden (young boy, and apprentice of Ramuu), Ramuu (the old man) and Ramii (that ball thingy with a mantle)

The last pic - Interesting locations, very nicely done. For a DS, they seem to be matching up with the standards of the environment in FFXII which was awesome.

Thanks for the scan, Diorelli. It was very informative....

This post has been edited by aorin: Apr 4 2007, 05:11 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
-josh-
post Apr 4 2007, 02:06 PM
Post #4

Bleh
Group Icon

Member No.: 1975

^ who is veus?!

PLEASE TELL ME!! I WANT VAANxPENELO

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
aorin
post Apr 4 2007, 02:26 PM
Post #5

~ ♥ Double Trouble ♥ ~

Apologizes, my mistake, it is Velis...

The dude in the first scan is called Velis, a Dalmasca soldier stranded on the island of Lemures who Vaan's party helped out, he was injured and Penelo healed him and they seem to grow attach to each other in a short period of time.

The second pic shows Tomaj looking at them while Penelo and Velis were sitting at the bonfire and chatting away.

Also, the scan did post a question. What would be Vaan's reaction to this? XP

--------------------
+Quote Post
Diorelli
post Apr 4 2007, 02:32 PM
Post #6

^^Ooops.. I thought it was Vaan and Penelo sitting together in the bonfire. lol. But I think, they'll still end up together anyway. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Grivenger
post Apr 4 2007, 02:38 PM
Post #7

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 553

C'mon people, that boxart is clearly fake. I mean, the logo is cut, words from mags are shown all over the picture in random places (some half-cut) and some parts were clearly done on paint or another similar program.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Diorelli
post Apr 4 2007, 02:43 PM
Post #8

Dunno if it's fake, I got that from another board. But here's another scan, this is an advert for RW, which shows the same artwork:

http://img466.imageshack.us/img466/3061/ffxiirwvh7.jpg

This post has been edited by Diorelli: Apr 4 2007, 02:45 PM
+Quote Post
aorin
post Apr 4 2007, 02:55 PM
Post #9

~ ♥ Double Trouble ♥ ~

^ Looks real to me, after all the character picture are those which I've never seen before. The pic you've just posted up, I think that's a promotion poster for the game... the release date is less than a month away and I'm not surprised if that is actually the real boxart cover... though a little disappointed.

Also, it's quite hard to tell the characters apart as they are all in sprite form and equal size. XP

--------------------
+Quote Post
_Balthier_
post Apr 4 2007, 03:35 PM
Post #10

Ultimate Member

Member No.: 1254

Lol, this is all great! Sexy Elza is back! Without the thong though....i liked all three of their original costumes...
And what is up with the Dalmasan armour!? It's unless! Thats right!...Leave the vitals in the open for the Archadians to stab! No wonder they flippin lost. The Archadians Armour was solid.
anyway, wih every update i am getting more and more interested i nthis game.
And that cover art, looks rubbish!
Penelo's brother was in the Order? Let me guess he was the pretty boy with the blonde hair, showing skin with his armour on, he said a few words in the openig FMV right? Is that her brother? Because they share some features anyway.
I can't wait for it to meet European turf anyway lol.
Thanks for the scans.
Though as always, obviously he european cover will look professional.
And i also mistook that for Vaan. And Aorin! How do you find this stuff out lol.
+Quote Post
aorin
post Apr 4 2007, 04:22 PM
Post #11

~ ♥ Double Trouble ♥ ~

QUOTE(_Balthier_ @ Apr 4 2007, 03:35 PM) *

Lol, this is all great! Sexy Elza is back! Without the thong though....i liked all three of their original costumes...

At least someone is happy... for Elza's return laugh.gif

And what is up with the Dalmasan armour!? It's unless! Thats right!...Leave the vitals in the open for the Archadians to stab! No wonder they flippin lost. The Archadians Armour was solid.
anyway, wih every update i am getting more and more interested i nthis game.

I think they were trying to imitate gladiator style but even then the gladiators had armour to cover their chest and only their legs were exposed fully. So, I seriously do not understand the concept of Dalmasca armour. And don't give me the excuse of heat, I rather die of being fried in my armour than to get killed by Archadians. dry.gif

But even so, I wouldn't want them to wear Archadian armour cause then I won't be able to see their face (Reks pretty face and also Basch and Vossler). But as mentioned, none of the Dalmascan clothes are practical in the first place... blink.gif

Penelo's brother was in the Order? Let me guess he was the pretty boy with the blonde hair, showing skin with his armour on, he said a few words in the openig FMV right? Is that her brother? Because they share some features anyway.

Nope, that was Reks, Vaan's brother. But I've read from somewhere that Penelo does have older brothers who fought in the Nalbina war and died... The strange thing is they mentioned 'Penelo no Oni-tachi' which means she has more than one brother???

And i also mistook that for Vaan. And Aorin! How do you find this stuff out lol.

I'm mildly observant and I can read Japanese wink.gif (though most of the time I just skim through and read the important points, unless it's Basch x Ashe related). Also, I have a particularly strong Basch x Ashe detector embedded into me, so I'll be scanning all the materials for any mention of them. And they did mention something about Ashe this time, but only vaguely and nothing exceptionally important. Err... in the first scan, there was a screencap of Ashe talking to Llyud (as it seems that the Aegyl race doesn't like to mingle with others from the land and they hate them). Ashe's told Llyud that they should overcome the past, look to the future and build a peaceful future. On the caption beside the picture, it was mentioned that the Aegyl race hatred and revenge intent reminds her of herself one year ago..... smile.gif

On a side note, why is Basch standing so far away from her? Do me a favour and walk closer to your queen please, she might accidently fall off the cliff. But at least he's in the pic and directly behind Ashe so... I'm happy. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by aorin: Apr 4 2007, 04:33 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Diorelli
post Apr 4 2007, 04:35 PM
Post #12

QUOTE(aorin @ Apr 4 2007, 05:22 PM) *

On a side note, why is Basch standing so far away from her? Do me a favour and walk closer to your queen please, she might accidently fall from the cliff. But at least he's in the pic and directly behind Ashe so... I'm happy. laugh.gif

Aorin, if it's any consolation, they always seem to be together in a lot of the screenshots that they appear. And, that convo near the river thingy, I still don't think they'll bother drawing a separate (and romantic) environment, so they can just talk things that we'll forget 2 minutes afterwards. So, I'm still hoping for the best that there's more to it than what was shown. biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Corand
post Apr 4 2007, 04:43 PM
Post #13

Holy Member

Member No.: 393

I am so excited ! Odin is back ! OMG tongue.gif we will see Bahamut for sure in the game
this game should not be on DS ! damn it SE !
anyway I have a theory : as far as I can remember Penelo had a big Brother ! can that new guy, Velis be his Brother ?
+Quote Post
aorin
post Apr 4 2007, 05:10 PM
Post #14

~ ♥ Double Trouble ♥ ~

QUOTE(Diorelli @ Apr 4 2007, 04:35 PM) *

Aorin, if it's any consolation, they always seem to be together in a lot of the screenshots that they appear. And, that convo near the river thingy, I still don't think they'll bother drawing a separate (and romantic) environment, so they can just talk things that we'll forget 2 minutes afterwards. So, I'm still hoping for the best that there's more to it than what was shown. biggrin.gif

Thank you for the comforting remark smile.gif . But as you can see, I'm getting desperate around here (and I'm sure it shows). Ok, maybe I'm seriously getting hysterical but... I'll manage. I just got my hopes up and I don't want to be pummented to the ground again (especially not after that river scene). Anyhow, I hope this crazy fangirly-ness is not bothering you. I'll try to hold back a little next time... tongue.gif

anyway I have a theory : as far as I can remember Penelo had a big Brother ! can that new guy, Velis be his Brother ?

Unlikely but not impossible. I just read the Ultimania again and it said that Penelo's Oni-tachi (meaning brothers) died during the Archadia invasion cause they were fighting at the Nalbina borders. But I think the reason that Penelo was close to Velis was because he reminds her of her brothers and stuff like that. smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
_Balthier_
post Apr 4 2007, 05:13 PM
Post #15

Ultimate Member

No, not REKS! The guy thats talking when Basch walks in to say that Nabudis has fallen, hes wearing Gold and White Armour. Also he was standing beside the king. Anyway, the Aegyrl seem very much like the Viera, for some reason im thinking of a wa between the people of the sky and the land.
And you can read it!? I tried to learn how to but quickly gave up lol. You don't know how much respect you've got off me just for being able to read it!
I wish theyd hurry up and kiss! And then maybe Basch would push her away saying its not right? Knowing him lol.
Oh interesting, but just how much brothers did she have?

This post has been edited by _Balthier_: Apr 4 2007, 05:17 PM
+Quote Post
aorin
post Apr 4 2007, 05:29 PM
Post #16

~ ♥ Double Trouble ♥ ~

QUOTE(_Balthier_ @ Apr 4 2007, 05:13 PM) *

No, not REKS! The guy thats talking when Basch walks in to say that Nabudis has fallen, hes wearing Gold and White Armour. Also he was standing beside the king. Anyway, the Aegyrl

Ok, I get it, you mean this dude... smile.gif
IPB Image

I don't think so as this person seem to be of high rank if he can stand next to the king to advise the king. It did occur to me as a passing thought that it might be Ashe's brother but impossible as Ashe was the heir to the throne when she got married and her eight brothers had died even before that. sad.gif

This person is more likely to be Penelo's brother but just a thought and no confirmation (please don't take it as canon as I'm just kidding around) tongue.gif
IPB Image

seem very much like the Viera, for some reason im thinking of a wa between the people of the sky and the land.

I think that's what the Judge of Wings is intending to do but we won't find out about his motive until we get the game. (I'm marking the days of my calendar until RW is out, hopefully they'll ship it into my country on the date of release. sad.gif

I wish theyd hurry up and kiss! And then maybe Basch would push her away saying its not right? Knowing him lol.

Then Ashe can push him into the a river of pirahna's or down the very cliff they are standing at. If she can't do it, Vaan, Penelo, Balthier, Fran, Larsa or any other cast would be free to perform it on his behalf. Hehe.. but if he really does say that, I figured that Ashe would give him another slap for it. laugh.gif

One more thing, it was not mentioned how many brothers did she have... it just says Penelo's brothers died in Nalbina War. Maybe they'll reveal more on character relationship in RW... as from what I see now, it does seem to focus on it more.

This post has been edited by aorin: Apr 4 2007, 05:35 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
_Balthier_
post Apr 4 2007, 05:59 PM
Post #17

Ultimate Member

Yep i'd say that's more then likely not him, afterall Penelo's family isn't a noble one, Basch was the first person to be in the order not from a noble family. So i guess they were the ordinary cannon fodder. lol
Hmmm...the judge of wings...he seems like abit of a cliche to be honest.
One man striving to make warfare...while everyine else would have anything but...i hope they make a good storyline and use the characters good.
But i'd rather not learn anything until i get the game, so i don't know anything, because i knew quite abit about FFXII.
Lol, well could imagine Balthier, if Basch did reject her, saying you missed you chance in a cocky voice and maybe fran giving him advice on women, lol.
And im glad, FFXII wasn't a good enough provider of info.

This post has been edited by _Balthier_: Apr 4 2007, 06:00 PM
+Quote Post
aorin
post Apr 4 2007, 06:46 PM
Post #18

~ ♥ Double Trouble ♥ ~

QUOTE(_Balthier_ @ Apr 4 2007, 05:59 PM) *

Yep i'd say that's more then likely not him, afterall Penelo's family isn't a noble one, Basch was the first person to be in the order not from a noble family. So i guess they were the ordinary cannon fodder. lol

Should be smile.gif . But I don't think Basch is the only knight who came from commoners. I believe there should be other knights who manage to enter the order of knights as well, just that there are only a handful of them (similarly to Judge Magisters, as most of them are from noble families but it doesn't mean that people from commner families couldn't join the Judge forces). Basch is consider a hero among Dalmascan and is known for his sincerity and strong sense of justice, which is what makes him popular among the citizens (also the fact that he's a commoner). The character page for Basch (in RW) sort of mention that he was the idol to most of the children in Dalmasca and they aspire to be like him. biggrin.gif

I'm not sure about this, but I think there is a difference of rank within the Dalmasca Order of Knights. There are the knights (Basch and Vossler) and the soldiers (Reks and Penelo's brothers). If we were to refer to historical aspects, it is not easy to become a knight as they have to serve as page, squire and then finally promoted to knight (a long process, about 10 years). Also, only those of noble born can become knights, other ways is they perform great deeds and the king knights them. smile.gif

But I always thoguht that there might be a chance that Basch could have been from some form of noble family back in Landis (due to the knight reasons above), also because he had a surname. It seems that common folks like Vaan and Penelo doesn't have last names. But if Basch had a last name then he might have been from a noble family back in Landis. But it could also be due to culture as well, maybe the common folks in the nothern hemisphere countries (Archadia and Landis) have surnames while the middle countries (Nabradia and Dalmasca) doesn't. blink.gif

Jsut my thoughts about this as I've been reading a lot about medieval stuff ever since I've played FFXII.... and partially to help me in my FFXII fanfic tongue.gif

Hmmm...the judge of wings...he seems like abit of a cliche to be honest.
One man striving to make warfare...while everyine else would have anything but...i hope they make a good storyline and use the characters good.

I just hope it's not one of those I'm evil because I'm born evil and there is not a single good bone in my body and I like drowning little moogles and kicking baby Seeq and bangaas, I trip old ladies on the street and spray graffitti over the walls of Dalmasca palace, and I think Vayne is sexy because he was attempting total annihilation and I want to be like him. laugh.gif

In others words, please give some depth to the villian as well, this is FFXII we are talking about and I think they should have more depth about a character motive, even though they were very subtle about other things. But as this game is catered to new fans, I think they will be less subtle this time regarding many things. smile.gif

But i'd rather not learn anything until i get the game, so i don't know anything, because i knew quite abit about FFXII.

I don't mind trailers as I believe they only let you glimpse what might be on the game but you'll ultimately find out more when you finally get the game. At least, that's what SE always does, the info in the trailer is not exactly revealing but it's purpose is to pique our interest regarding the game and hopefully twe'll buy it to find out more. They've manage to bait me for one thing with Trailer 7 laugh.gif

Lol, well could imagine Balthier, if Basch did reject her, saying you missed you chance in a cocky voice and maybe fran giving him advice on women, lol.
And im glad, FFXII wasn't a good enough provider of info.

I'd say Basch would have been drunk if he ever say that.... But he's too sweet to hurt Ashe wub.gif But maybe, Basch should really get women advice from Fran and also proper courting lessons from Balthier, it might help him a lot... laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Diorelli
post Apr 4 2007, 07:25 PM
Post #19

QUOTE(aorin @ Apr 4 2007, 06:10 PM) *

Thank you for the comforting remark smile.gif . But as you can see, I'm getting desperate around here (and I'm sure it shows). Ok, maybe I'm seriously getting hysterical but... I'll manage. I just got my hopes up and I don't want to be pummented to the ground again (especially not after that river scene). Anyhow, I hope this crazy fangirly-ness is not bothering you. I'll try to hold back a little next time... tongue.gif

Nah, it doesn't bother me at all, so fangirl away... biggrin.gif

What i want to know is, there were obviously together when they joined Vaan and the rest of the gang. What were they doing? how did they meet up again?

I'm actually thinking of importing it on its release but I don't know a word of Japanese, so I don't know how it'll help. laugh.gif
+Quote Post
_Balthier_
post Apr 4 2007, 09:35 PM
Post #20

Ultimate Member

True, that may very well be true, ill just have to look it up, if he was just the first, or the only commoner knight.
Looks like the Kids aren't just idolizing Sky Pirates, though many Sky Pirates say its not what its cracked up to be lol, theres anothe theme, i think of FFXII.
Oh and as i recall, Basch did plenty of courageous things, a pity we weren't told more about Penelo's brothers.
And you'd be lucky not to be dead after 10 years! Lol, esspecially with the Archadians storming around.
Lol, well they must have sirnames, but their not important and therefore not mentioned, ands its annoying thinking up sirnames lol.
True, i wouldn't think them to do such a petty villian lol, " i must kill everything, simply becasue i can, it must be done" lol, though it would be funny to have a sub-villian like that.
Lol, well apparently "No one knows men like Fran does", which is very interesting lol, and Balthier seems to know how to charm women, Basch needs help!!!! Lol
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th June 2017 - 07:23 AM

Copyright 2003-2007 FFXII.Net - All Rights Reserved - Disclaimer
Final Fantasy XII, FFXII & FF12 are registered trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd.