> New Trailer Showing RW Opening Movie
aorin
post Apr 10 2007, 07:04 PM
Post #21

~ ♥ Double Trouble ♥ ~

Group: Members
Member No.: 2129

QUOTE(Ethereal Blade @ Apr 10 2007, 02:39 AM) *

Although we can only see one line from Ashe in that screenshot; I was wondering, aorin, what exactly is she saying there? Or is it just the fact that she is standing with Balthier that worries you? I can't read Japanese, so I was hoping you could tell me. smile.gif

Actually it's both. I perceive her statement in the picture has something to do with remisniscing the past. And though I know the meaning of the words, I just can't come up with a proper sentence for it and I'm rather confused. Do take a look at the translation and tell me what do you suggest they were talking about.

I don't favour the fact that Ashe is standing together with Balthier, it's not so much as the pairing that disturbs me (though I'm rather displeased) but I'm actually much more worried that SE might tread down the path in FFXII where they provide enough speculation for Ashe to be with any of the male characters in the game. I'm getting tired of wondering, rationalizing and guessing Ashe's feeling and I want concrete, solid, you-can't-break-it-and-it-is-in-your-face relationship in RW.

Ashe: Ano toki (at that time) wa yukkuri (slowly) keshiki (landscape) o miru (view) yoyu (space, composure) ga nakatta (become) kara.

And Ashe's close up shot has nothing to do with her expression in the game as that shot is default. That expression would maintain even if Basch kisses her laugh.gif

QUOTE(Diorelli @ Apr 10 2007, 05:41 AM) *

To aorin:
If my understanding is right, they were just talking about the view? They just that one screenshot together anyway while Basch/Ashe are always together. Haha, it might be Basch had something to do with Larsa and Balthier took the opportunity to talk to her because Basch is not around.

I still have my hopes up, the Basch/Ashe convo was more personal, and they were completely alone and it's still more romantic. If I'm wrong, then I'll just chalk it on my Why I hate Square Enix list. biggrin.gif

My hopes are not exactly down, just trampled on a little when I saw the pic. I've heard rumours about this scene but I was left in my little cocoon of fantasy as I didn't see it and I imagine it was something else (or at least I refuse to believe that it might mean something more). But honestly, I'm sure taht eventually they'll have to provide this form of scene as Ashe would have to talk to Balthier - about him returning the ring and thank him for all he has done. dry.gif

I left the translation above... if you can actually call that translation, I can't quite figure out what they were saying as Ashe like to speak in riddles. tongue.gif

This post has been edited by aorin: Apr 10 2007, 07:04 PM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Ethereal Blade
post Apr 11 2007, 06:07 AM
Post #22

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 2570

QUOTE(aorin @ Apr 10 2007, 02:04 PM) *

Actually it's both. I perceive her statement in the picture has something to do with remisniscing the past. And though I know the meaning of the words, I just can't come up with a proper sentence for it and I'm rather confused. Do take a look at the translation and tell me what do you suggest they were talking about.

Ashe: Ano toki (at that time) wa yukkuri (slowly) keshiki (landscape) o miru (view) yoyu (space, composure) ga nakatta (become) kara.

Ah, I see what you mean... it's definately hard to come up with something that makes sense from the translation. I could only guess (similar to what Diorelli mentioned) and say that maybe they are talking about the view of some place that they can see from the airship-- perhaps the new sky continent(s) (Lemures?).

I don't favour the fact that Ashe is standing together with Balthier, it's not so much as the pairing that disturbs me (though I'm rather displeased) but I'm actually much more worried that SE might tread down the path in FFXII where they provide enough speculation for Ashe to be with any of the male characters in the game. I'm getting tired of wondering, rationalizing and guessing Ashe's feeling and I want concrete, solid, you-can't-break-it-and-it-is-in-your-face relationship in RW.

Yeah I definately don't want RW to be a guessing game of which character Ashe will end up with. It would be much better I think if she'd just start forming a stronger relationship with one male character (Basch), and then build on that throughout the game.

And Ashe's close up shot has nothing to do with her expression in the game as that shot is default. That expression would maintain even if Basch kisses her laugh.gif

LOL yeah, I was just at the official site, when I saw that same artwork of her... I see, so we will most likely have this "not-so-happy Ashe" throughout the game-- well, let's hope she changes her attitude quick, or I think Basch will start becoming worried when he finds that even his nicest words or-- like you said-- kisses won't please her. Maybe this is why she is still alone-- she's always angry and confuses people with her "riddles". tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Ringo
post Apr 11 2007, 11:15 AM
Post #23

* POKE *

Member No.: 2467

QUOTE(aorin @ Apr 10 2007, 11:33 AM) *

QUOTE(Really_Big_Sword @ Apr 10 2007, 12:22 AM) *

....Its still lame though. Honestly do you think S-E would do it? Hehe hell no they wouldnt. Sorry.

Hard to say. Depends on whether the fans are responsive enough to this pairing.

I doubt they would attempt FFXII presentaion of relationship as majority of the people, especially younger players might not accept it. People like romance and SE knows it which is why they introduce Vaan/Penelo as a possible pairing in RW. They could have done so in FFXII (there were many opportunities) but they didn't, thus they might just journey down a different route this time.

I have to raise my hat to King Raminas for being able to have children even at that age. laugh.gif Ok, 49 years old is not that old of an age to have kids but still.... and I'd say Ashe's mother is around 40 - 45.

Hey don't forget that probably about half of the FF fans are over their 30's. Like FF1 fans smile.gif So they (SE) might pair Basch and Ashe up, but in a subtle way so that only the more mature fans will see that pairing biggrin.gif (when I said more mature, I don't mean like, Gradmas and Grandpas^^; Nor do I mean that if you don't like this pairing, you are immature tongue.gif)

hmmm...I actually thought the king was Ashe's grandad the first time I saw the FMV tongue.gif He look like he's in the 60's. Ashe's mum could have married him while she was still in her teens. Wasn't it what people used to do back in those medieval days ^^?

QUOTE(Diorelli @ Apr 10 2007, 03:41 PM) *

I always chuckle when people bring up the age difference for them not wanting an Ashe/Basch pairing, when no one brings up the age difference with Balthier/Fran. Fran is at least 50 years old, I personally think she might be a hundred and Balthier is like 23? tongue.gif Or how about Arwen and Aragorn in LOTR, she's at least a few hundred years old and I think Aragorn would be in his mid-thirties as well?

It's fantasy! So, why not have fun with pairings.

hahah you're not the only one who chuckles when people bring up the age difference btwn Basch and Ashe biggrin.gif It seems to be the only reason why they can't be together. Now I think that is lame tongue.gif It's final fantasy!

I'm sick of seeing only teenage love (the main characters) in the FF series...they are so predictable.

QUOTE(aorin @ Apr 11 2007, 05:04 AM) *

Yeah I hope SE's not going to make the relationships ambiguous again sad.gif
and then all the fans are going to be arguing over the character relationships again tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Ringo: Apr 11 2007, 11:18 AM
+Quote Post
Judge of Wings
post Apr 19 2007, 03:16 AM
Post #24

Member No.: 7965

Well Penelo's style was more preetier and cuter than ever but I hope they have voice actors as well because I don't really care how worst or how kiddier the game's graphics would get but at least they have voices to add a little bit of life through their characters you know.

After going throught the game systems section I actually found some similarities with Final Fantasy Tactics' Graphics but ......

* shivers* I don't know of I could deal with the graphics though.. the music was so epic and great but.. why?!

...*whispers* why can't this game be in PS2 or PSP. lolz

But I will follow Final Fantasy XII's path till the end.
+Quote Post
arisa
post Apr 20 2007, 09:42 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 8023

QUOTE(Judge of Wings @ Apr 18 2007, 11:16 PM) *

Well Penelo's style was more preetier and cuter than ever but I hope they have voice actors as well because I don't really care how worst or how kiddier the game's graphics would get but at least they have voices to add a little bit of life through their characters you know.

Will they actually use voice actors in this game? D:

--------------------
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2017 - 11:15 AM

Copyright 2003-2007 FFXII.Net - All Rights Reserved - Disclaimer
Final Fantasy XII, FFXII & FF12 are registered trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd.