-josh-
post Apr 5 2007, 09:25 AM
Post #22

Bleh
Group Icon

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 1975

^ because. Get over it xD I hate when people say that tongue.gif

Anywho. SO you people think The judge of wings wants to start a war between The viera? I think that would be cool since I love the viera, and frans sisters.

I would like it better if it wasnt penelos brother since it could become more emotional and stuff xD

--------------------
IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
aorin
post Apr 5 2007, 12:25 PM
Post #23

~ ♥ Double Trouble ♥ ~

Group: Members
Member No.: 2129

Why isn't the quote working again???
I'll just use bolds then

@ _Balthier_
True, that may very well be true, ill just have to look it up, if he was just the first, or the only commoner knight.
Looks like the Kids aren't just idolizing Sky Pirates, though many Sky Pirates say its not what its cracked up to be lol, theres anothe theme, i think of FFXII.

I'm doubtful that you might find anything else, it was mentioned in his character profile that he was a commoner knight and I think that's all there is to it. They probably didn't mention if he was the first or whether he was the only one. But I'm just speculating that he might not be only commoner knight but one of the very few who actually become commanding officers during the war. biggrin.gif

Hmm... I guess this was the children's perception of knights order before the war (if you read my previous post with the translation of trailer 7, you can see that Kytes actually consider Basch to be a Dalmasca hero, otherwise I recall talking to some NPC who actually said that they manage to keep their children in line by saying that they must grow up to be like the knight of the Order, but sadly, they couldn't use that method of teaching after the knight's order disband). It seems to me that the Order of Knights have a good reputation of being powerful and loyal but the perception went down the drain after Basch 'suppose' betrayal. To think that one man's betrayal could cause so much changes to the people's mind. huh.gif

And most kids wanted to be sky-pirates only after Archadian had conquered them, and it's probably because they wanted freedom, and also because they were oppressed. sad.gif

Oh and as i recall, Basch did plenty of courageous things, a pity we weren't told more about Penelo's brothers.
And you'd be lucky not to be dead after 10 years! Lol, esspecially with the Archadians storming around.

I could only speculate what Basch had did to gain him such reputation but if he had joined the knight order ever since he was 17, then I'm sure in those years he must have performed some great deeds - most likely in war. But all I can say is that King Raminas must have really trusted Basch, as the king did entrusted the location of the Dawn Shard to Basch alone (well, he could have told Vossler, who was a noble-born knight or other ministers). So IMO, he must have trusted Basch greatly to tell him this information, it was directly related to the enthronement of Ashe (also Dalmasca future) if anything were to happen to the king. Also, during the Opening, Basch said he will go to Nalbina and King Raminas gave his approval immediately, as though he expected Basch to do it and doesn't even has to think twice about it or assign other officers to go with him, so I'd say there was a great deal of trust there. Just like Emperor Gramis trust to Noah to protect Larsa. smile.gif

I'm more curious about Reks than Penelo's brother cause Reks made an appearance in the game while we only know that Penelo's brothers taught her martial arts and nothing more (I think they should be soldiers and not knights). smile.gif

I think the Gods must have been smiling upon Basch as he didn't die when Landis was invaded, then he lived through until Archadia invaded (must have gone through many battles for him to be promoted as a commanding officer), later he survived through the ordeal of Nalbina dungeons and finally still live on as Judge Gabranth. Though, I'm worried that something might happen to him in RW but I still think he'll manage (or at least I hope he'll live, don't die on me Basch). sad.gif

Lol, well they must have sirnames, but their not important and therefore not mentioned, ands its annoying thinking up sirnames lol.
Just a theory, and I was curious about it. Spekaing of surnames, Ashe had one and she's from the Dalmasca royal family, Vossler was a noble born knight, Balthier is from the noble Bunanza family, Larsa and Al-Cid as well, so I just came up with the idea that maybe Basch was from a noble family back in Landis. Penelo and Vaan are of the main party, I don't laziness is a reason that they didn't conjure up a surname, so I think maybe there was a purpose or maybe I'm reading too much into it. tongue.gif

@-josh-
Anywho. SO you people think The judge of wings wants to start a war between The viera? I think that would be cool since I love the viera, and frans sisters.
I would like it better if it wasnt penelos brother since it could become more emotional and stuff xD

No, I think the Judge of Wings want to start a war between the Aegyl and Hume race (or more like the people that live on the land). But that's just a speculation based on what I see so far. But I would really like it if they do involve the Vieras as well (not in the war but I would like to see them again). For one thing, I think FFXII: RW is more event and mission-oriented like FFX-2 where you have to complete mission and you'll have the main plot underlying beneath... smile.gif

Yes, I hope Velis would not be Penelo's brother but maybe he does remind Penelo of her brothers which is why she grew attach to him. IMO, Penelo wouldn't tell Vaan about her loneliness (she's a sweet girl) as Vaan was also a victim of family loss, thus she would remain silent. But meeting Velis probably gave her an opportunity to relish her past... or maybe Velis is a friend of her brother... wink.gif

Ah~~~~~ speculations, speculations... marks off another day on the calendar. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by aorin: Apr 6 2007, 10:14 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
_Balthier_
post Apr 5 2007, 01:33 PM
Post #24

Ultimate Member

Member No.: 1254

*Oh yeah, if you don't want spoilers your probably better off not reading this, since i can't be bothered to mark of were spoilers begin or whatever.*

How i love Speculation.
Yeah i didn't find anything lol,
and i think i talked to that NPC, a man in low-town i think or maybe a women but that doesn't matter anyway.
Those Knights sure loved their kingdom, its the only thing you tend to see with Americans to the U.S.A. these days lol
One man cased all of that! Though the disbanding must of been a must since their was no longer any royal family to protect, afterall Ashe had run away. True, pretty ,uch everyone wanted to be Sky Pirates, even some of the moogles said they wanted to fly away, just that they didn't know if they could fly very far with their wings lol.
What?! Vossler is noble-born!? He sure didn't look it. He just seemed like a rugged freelance to me.
Raminas to me didn't seem very strong of mind to me, since he didn't stop Rasler when he insisted on going to Nalbina, i thought it obvious that he was fuelled by revenge for his father, but he probably would of had a hard time proving him otherwise anyway, and AHHHH WELLL lol.
Reks was interesting, its a pity we couldn't see a cut scene of Vaan visiting him in a cut-scene or something.
Basch sure is a lucky man, thats for sure, hes a hero again now lol, a hero of Dalmasca, maybe an idol for the kids again, and a figure the parents may use again to raise their children? But Anyway.
Well the sirname thing could be any of the two, who knows? Lol, well Basch's mom was Archadian so that may very well be true.
I hope that the Viera get involved in this one, the land is at stake, and that includs their little forest! If they again just retreat to their little wood, id just call the Viera cowards! Forget the forest lol. The Viera's would be useless in a war though, well thats what i think.
I hope Velis has the same effect on Vaan as he seems to have on Penelo, possibly this way we'll learn more of Reks.
+Quote Post
Jamie
post Apr 6 2007, 02:46 AM
Post #25

Ultimate Member

Member No.: 2399

Nice Scans! and very nice box art. let us all hope for Vaan and Penelo love tongue.gif I'm also hoping for Basch/Ashe.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Ringo
post Apr 7 2007, 11:54 AM
Post #26

* POKE *

Member No.: 2467

thanks for the scans!

I'm hoping for Basch and Ashe love! biggrin.gif

It seems like Vaan's got a rival? I mean whos that sitting next to Penelo at the fire place^^ looks cozy tongue.gif
+Quote Post
Sylverwyng
post May 1 2007, 09:06 AM
Post #27

Member No.: 7629

Hey that box art IS fake. It is manipped from that poster that you posted later in the thread. The Final is cut out halfway..and you see the same characters running vertically on the poster and on the box at the top. Fake manip box art.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Diorelli
post May 1 2007, 09:43 AM
Post #28

Member No.: 7209

QUOTE(Sylverwyng @ May 1 2007, 10:06 AM) *

Hey that box art IS fake. It is manipped from that poster that you posted later in the thread. The Final is cut out halfway..and you see the same characters running vertically on the poster and on the box at the top. Fake manip box art.

Oh, I forgot about correcting this post. Yes, you're right, it is fake. I have the JP version and the box art is just the simple FFXII:RW logo with the blue wings on it that you see everywhere. Apologies.

This post has been edited by Diorelli: May 1 2007, 09:45 AM
+Quote Post
Judge of Wings
post May 2 2007, 05:20 AM
Post #29

Member No.: 7965

I was disappointed to hear that in this game you don't get to visit Rozzaria, too bad I wan't to see AL-Cid again and see if there is anything going on between Ashe and him sad.gif
+Quote Post
finalbahamut
post Jul 21 2007, 08:25 AM
Post #30

Member No.: 3364

Whoah! this game is much more exciting than FFXII itself. I hate the political conflict which FFXII story revolves into.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Ashelia92
post Jul 23 2007, 08:13 PM
Post #31

Member No.: 9531

Although i haven't played RW i adore ffxii(ps2) cause it insists more on BalxAshe pairing than Rw which points out more BaschxAshe pairing as it seems. sad.gif .Everyone here are BaschxAshe fans i suppose
+Quote Post
Steff
post Jul 23 2007, 09:52 PM
Post #32

Holy Member

Member No.: 8457

.........ummmm..... a bit in denial about the end of FFXII are we?
ya see i got the impressiopn that if someone does't talk to you for a year and instead mysteriously Vanishs with a beautiful girl, then returns ur ring thru friends, not even in person, with the info that he's found something more valuable that he's not really that into u....
just an idea....

--------------------
...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
Remember that well.

Fran = love
+Quote Post
Ashelia92
post Jul 24 2007, 12:15 PM
Post #33

Member No.: 9531

QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 23 2007, 09:52 PM) *

.........ummmm..... a bit in denial about the end of FFXII are we?
ya see i got the impressiopn that if someone does't talk to you for a year and instead mysteriously Vanishs with a beautiful girl, then returns ur ring thru friends, not even in person, with the info that he's found something more valuable that he's not really that into u....
just an idea....

i agree. i think that Ashe's turn to Basch was justified. i mean he flirted her and she liked him (balthier)but i think she got frustrated in the end when he returned the ring in that way and then when she mets him again she turns away.i think Balthier deserved it
+Quote Post
Steff
post Jul 24 2007, 03:30 PM
Post #34

Holy Member

Member No.: 8457

yeah and he's not to bothered by it so it sorta makes u think they are going in different directions now, sorta like AshexBasch and FranXBalthier, thats the impression i got

--------------------
...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
Remember that well.

Fran = love
+Quote Post
fbimunky
post Aug 5 2007, 04:57 AM
Post #35

Elite Member

Member No.: 9535

QUOTE(Merkabah @ Apr 4 2007, 07:33 PM) *

OH WHY DS WHY...... psp please or even ps2

hey, ds gets revenant wings, while psp gets FF I, II, and Tactics: The Lion War. not exactly even, are we?

--------------------
Currently: Beating A Link to the Past, Contemplating FF IV decision. (Help Me!)
IPB Image
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st September 2017 - 12:18 PM

Copyright 2003-2007 FFXII.Net - All Rights Reserved - Disclaimer
Final Fantasy XII, FFXII & FF12 are registered trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd.