Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Trailer Showing RW Opening Movie
aorin
post Apr 8 2007, 05:33 PM
Post #1

~ ♥ Double Trouble ♥ ~

Group: Members
Member No.: 2129

A new trailer for at the website showing the Opening Movie for RW. Though I still can't understand their double screen format (how am I ever going to screencap now) The scenes were rather small but better than nothing.

Well, it shows an FMV of Vaan and Penelo on their airship.... close up (they look rather dollish), and ::whistles:: they are sure implementing obvious romance this round. Can't Vaan fly the airship properly, I seriously worry about their safety. And then, there is Balthier, Fran and the Strahl.

Here is an image:
IPB Image

Hmm... Basch and Ashe didn't make it to the Opening, probably because they hog the Opening back in FFXII and this is a compensation for the Vaan, Penelo, Balthier and Fran. tongue.gif

This post has been edited by aorin: Apr 8 2007, 05:34 PM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Neil
post Apr 8 2007, 05:42 PM
Post #2

Ultimate Member

Member No.: 229

And where might one view this opening movie?

--------------------
IPB Image
Big Brother to the Moogle Family.
+Quote Post
Diorelli
post Apr 8 2007, 06:02 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 7209

QUOTE(Neil @ Apr 8 2007, 06:42 PM) *

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/ff12rw/

Yeah, I think it's pretty obvious it'll be Vaan and Penelo, and that new guy Velis to spice things up. Well, if they're going to go to that route, then I insist an Ashe and Basch one too tongue.gif

18 days to go laugh.gif
+Quote Post
aorin
post Apr 8 2007, 06:25 PM
Post #4

~ ♥ Double Trouble ♥ ~

QUOTE(Diorelli @ Apr 8 2007, 06:02 PM) *

QUOTE(Neil @ Apr 8 2007, 06:42 PM) *

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/ff12rw/

Yeah, I think it's pretty obvious it'll be Vaan and Penelo, and that new guy Velis to spice things up. Well, if they're going to go to that route, then I insist an Ashe and Basch one too tongue.gif

18 days to go laugh.gif

Thanks for putting up the link, Diorelli. I didn't think of it as I thought most of us would have known which website I was refering to... I'll be much more careful next time.

18 days and counting... I'm getting the DS when I buy the game. I wonder if I could get the sky-pirates edition or is it limited??

--------------------
+Quote Post
-josh-
post Apr 9 2007, 06:52 AM
Post #5

Bleh
Group Icon

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 1975

There might be More FMVS in this game then in FFXII ahahahaha

ANyway Loved it xD!!

Seems like vaan , penelo are together biggrin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
XemnasLFSolidor
post Apr 9 2007, 08:03 AM
Post #6

From: the altar of naught on the top of the imperial palace
Member No.: 5978

VaanXPenelo? aww... I was expecting LarsaXPenelo... but dreams die.
and that was Balthier on the Strahl? he looks like MQS ondore to me!

is the FF12RW DS for sale already?

--------------------
+Quote Post
aorin
post Apr 9 2007, 08:45 AM
Post #7

~ ♥ Double Trouble ♥ ~

^ Nope, official release is on April 26. I suppose the Sky Pirates Edition DS should be released on the same day. Though I'm wondering if it is a limited edition and whether if it is available in my country.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Ethereal Blade
post Apr 9 2007, 09:02 PM
Post #8

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2570

I haven't actually watched the Opening sequence yet-- I'm still debating on whether or not I should. Do I want to wait, or....?

Knowing me, I'll just end up watching it eventually.

About Vaan and Penelo... are they about to kiss? Well, that's what I thought as soon as I saw that anyway (like you guys have been saying, we have some obvious romance here). I guess this is good news for those who really wanted some romance in FFXII, but didn't really get it.

Now Square-Enix, make sure you push some of that "obvious romance" over to Basch and Ashe, because they could really use some wink.gif (funny, I don't even usually care all that much about couples in RPGs, but here I am, wanting them to get together).

+Quote Post
Really_Big_Sword
post Apr 9 2007, 11:05 PM
Post #9

Elite Member

Member No.: 6842

I highly doubt a AshexBasch relationship. I mean come on the guys like 35, the girl is 20. Thats kinda nasty.

--------------------

MY OPINIONS = FACTS
IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM, SUCK MY DICK

LETS ALL PRETEND FFXII WAS NEVER MADE
kthxbai

IPB Image

[
+Quote Post
tanjavasi
post Apr 9 2007, 11:53 PM
Post #10

|| Lost Odyssey ||
Group Icon

Member No.: 980

QUOTE(Really_Big_Sword @ Apr 9 2007, 06:05 PM) *

I highly doubt a AshexBasch relationship. I mean come on the guys like 35, the girl is 20. Thats kinda nasty.
First of all....Ashe looks and especially acts much older than her age (of 19 in FFXII) (while Basch looks much younger than 36, IMO). I agree that in today`s society I would find the age difference a little too large, but in a world like Ivalice, it would work perfectly!

But sure...if there is going to be a love story in RW let it be between Vaan and Penelo; let us all hope that Square Enix is continuing the RPG tradition (cliché) of hooking-up the 17/18 main character with the (once again...just 1 year younger than him) "main" girl >_< ...teenage love, there is simply not enough of that in RPG games, is there? dry.gif

--------------------

IPB Image

My Gametrailers.com Videos Channel! | Xbox360 RPGs: LINK!

- - -
Currently playing: Mass Effect (Xbox360), Lost Planet (Xbox360) & The Bouncer (PS2)
+Quote Post
Really_Big_Sword
post Apr 10 2007, 12:01 AM
Post #11

Elite Member

I just dont like the pairing. Its lame IMO

--------------------

MY OPINIONS = FACTS

kthxbai

IPB Image

[
+Quote Post
aorin
post Apr 10 2007, 12:13 AM
Post #12

~ ♥ Double Trouble ♥ ~

QUOTE(Really_Big_Sword @ Apr 10 2007, 12:01 AM) *

I just dont like the pairing. Its lame IMO

Well, suit yourself. It's a matter of preference anyway.

I absolutely adore this pairing and I don't think age should serve as a barrier but ultimately it's not what we think but rather what does SE think. And SE would probably cater to fans wants. Besides 17 years is not that much of a gap and they do look compatible together, Ashe needs a huge shoulder to lean on and Basch could provide one. Seconding on tanjavasi opinion, our society might disagree with it but that's because of the peer we hang out with suggest so. But in Ivalice where there are undertones of medieval times within, then 17 years of age gap is not exactly a problem. In fact, it is a discount that Ashe doesn't end up marrying some old dude who is triple her age during her second marriage.

Honestly, Basch x Ashe relationship whether romantic or not interest me more than her relationship with any other characters because there is so many things which were left unexplained. If Ashe does hook up with any other guy say Balthier, I'll just roll my eyes - talk about cliche. Still, I want to know more about these two characters and their relationship, and if by chance, they do end up together (or at least hints so) it would be a big bonus for me.

And besides, the 17/18 year old relationship have been covered by Vaan/Penelo so why repeat.

This post has been edited by aorin: Apr 10 2007, 12:14 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Really_Big_Sword
post Apr 10 2007, 12:22 AM
Post #13

Elite Member

....Its still lame though. Honestly do you think S-E would do it? Hehe hell no they wouldnt. Sorry.

--------------------

MY OPINIONS = FACTS

kthxbai

IPB Image

[
+Quote Post
tanjavasi
post Apr 10 2007, 12:57 AM
Post #14

|| Lost Odyssey ||
Group Icon

Member No.: 980

Aorin, well said! - and as you once put it: "great minds think alike" biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Really_Big_Sword @ Apr 9 2007, 07:22 PM) *
....Its still lame though. Honestly do you think S-E would do it? Hehe hell no they wouldnt. Sorry.
I know there is a large possibility that this pairing will never happen.

But if you think about it...take Ashe`s father for example - he looked to be AT LEAST in his mid-60s at the beginning of FFXII (actually, I was always convinced he was her grandfather at first tongue.gif)...Ashe was 17 at the time. That means he became a father at the age of around 50...I am certain, his wife (Ashe`s mother) was much younger than 50 when she delivered her.

Anyway, sure...if Square Enix does not have the guts and just wants to take the "predictable," "clichéd" route, then so be it! - Fortunately, there are some future RPG games that could get it right in this department (mainly: Mistwalker`s Lost Odyssey)

--------------------

IPB Image

My Gametrailers.com Videos Channel! | Xbox360 RPGs: LINK!

- - -
Currently playing: Mass Effect (Xbox360), Lost Planet (Xbox360) & The Bouncer (PS2)
+Quote Post
aorin
post Apr 10 2007, 01:33 AM
Post #15

~ ♥ Double Trouble ♥ ~

QUOTE(Really_Big_Sword @ Apr 10 2007, 12:22 AM) *

Hard to say. Depends on whether the fans are responsive enough to this pairing. Anything could happen or they might just return back to the subtle relationship format in FFXII. But I think maybe, just maybe SE might take a diffrent step in this as this game is created primarily to draw new fans to the FF series, and I doubt they would attempt FFXII presentaion of relationship as majority of the people, especially younger players might not accept it. People like romance and SE knows it which is why they introduce Vaan/Penelo as a possible pairing in RW. They could have done so in FFXII (there were many opportunities) but they didn't, thus they might just journey down a different route this time.

Anyhow, there is still two weeks before the release and one could still dream before reality crashes in. Also, why show us so many Basch x Ashe scenes if they are not trying to hint something (not romance, but something)

QUOTE(tanjavasi @ Apr 10 2007, 12:57 AM) *

But if you think about it...take Ashe`s father for example - he looked to be AT LEAST in his mid-60s at the beginning of FFXII (actually, I was always convinced he was her grandfather at first tongue.gif)...Ashe was 17 at the time. That means he became a father at the age of around 50...I am certain, his wife (Ashe`s mother) was much younger than 50 when she delivered her.

Anyway, sure...if Square Enix does not have the guts and just wants to take the "predictable," "clichéd" route, then so be it! - Fortunately, there are some future RPG games that could get it right in this department (mainly: Mistwalker`s Lost Odyssey)

I have to raise my hat to King Raminas for being able to have children even at that age. laugh.gif Ok, 49 years old is not that old of an age to have kids but still.... and I'd say Ashe's mother is around 40 - 45.

Regarding cliche plot, I do hope that SE would prove me wrong this time and give an unusual pairing but not out-of-the-blue. Though I was seriously close to explosion when I saw this pic.

IPB Image

--------------------
+Quote Post
Jamie
post Apr 10 2007, 02:38 AM
Post #16

Ultimate Member

Member No.: 2399

ooh!Vaan and Penelo. lol I knew there might be something between them. tongue.gif awesome trailer.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Ethereal Blade
post Apr 10 2007, 02:39 AM
Post #17

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Really_Big_Sword @ Apr 9 2007, 07:22 PM) *

You say it's lame, and that's fine since that's your opinion, but I think it's a little too soon to say that there's no chance of it happening. I'm with tanjavasi and aorin in this; I don't think the age difference is an issue here (for the reasons they've stated); and I for one find it much more realistic for Basch and Ashe to form a relationship. Vaan and Penelo are 18/17... how many people do you know form a real relationship at that age?

Although I admit I'm worried after taking what aorin said into consideration-- I didn't even think about the fact that younger player may not be very accepting of such romance. Still, we won't know for sure until the game's out, so it's unfair to shoot down the idea yet.

QUOTE(aorin @ Apr 9 2007, 08:33 PM) *

Regarding cliche plot, I do hope that SE would prove me wrong this time and give an unusual pairing but not out-of-the-blue. Though I was seriously close to explosion when I saw this pic.

IPB Image

Although we can only see one line from Ashe in that screenshot; I was wondering, aorin, what exactly is she saying there? Or is it just the fact that she is standing with Balthier that worries you? I can't read Japanese, so I was hoping you could tell me. smile.gif
+Quote Post
a_vasi
post Apr 10 2007, 04:11 AM
Post #18

"What is the cost of my immortality?" - Kaim Argonar
Group Icon

Member No.: 2181

^ Judging from Ashe's close-up shot and the way she’s looking at us, she seems 'angry' (?)...but then again, there is no reason for her to be angry....No, she should be happy to have some 'one-on-one' time with Balthier. wink.gif lol

--------------------
IPB Image

Blue Dragon has arrived !!!
Lost Odyssey coming Holiday 2007 ^_^
+Quote Post
Ethereal Blade
post Apr 10 2007, 04:27 AM
Post #19

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

^ laugh.gif I guess Balthier made a move on her, but apparently she didn't like it too much.

It must be confusing for Balthier, since we all know Ashe was interested in him in the ending of FFXII. Ah well, he can't have all the women...

Okay, okay, just kidding. tongue.gif

But, yeah she doesn't look very happy, does she?-- I would definately like to see her smile more... Perhaps she can only be truly happy around/with Basch. wink.gif We will see.
+Quote Post
Diorelli
post Apr 10 2007, 05:41 AM
Post #20

Member No.: 7209

QUOTE(Really_Big_Sword @ Apr 10 2007, 12:05 AM) *

I always chuckle when people bring up the age difference for them not wanting an Ashe/Basch pairing, when no one brings up the age difference with Balthier/Fran. Fran is at least 50 years old, I personally think she might be a hundred and Balthier is like 23? tongue.gif Or how about Arwen and Aragorn in LOTR, she's at least a few hundred years old and I think Aragorn would be in his mid-thirties as well?

It's fantasy! So, why not have fun with pairings. Even, IRL, we see a lot of people with huge age differences. I personally do not have anything against it as long as the other person is of legal age and they care a lot about each other.

Anyway to each of his own. tongue.gif

To aorin:
If my understanding is right, they were just talking about the view? They just that one screenshot together anyway while Basch/Ashe are always together. Haha, it might be Basch had something to do with Larsa and Balthier took the opportunity to talk to her because Basch is not around.

I still have my hopes up, the Basch/Ashe convo was more personal, and they were completely alone and it's still more romantic. If I'm wrong, then I'll just chalk it on my Why I hate Square Enix list. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th July 2017 - 08:37 PM

© Copyright 2003-2007 FFXII.Net - All Rights Reserved - Disclaimer
Final Fantasy XII, FFXII & FF12 are registered trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd.