4 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Just got the game...., Impression so far
Diorelli
post Apr 26 2007, 01:42 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7209

Haven't played much, just about two hours or so in the game and currently in Chapter 2. The game feels like an RTS rather than a tradional RPG. You have chapters and in those chapters, you have missions to complete amd most of the goals are similar to RTS games like clearing the whole area, getting the flag, defending/capturing summon gates.

Characters are divided into 3 types: melee, ranged and air. Melee is weak to air, air is weak to ranged, and ranged is weak to melee. Each character can also have 3-4 summons following them around. Unlike FFXII where there is a lot of freedom to customise your characters, this time it seems to be fixed. Take Penelo for example, she seems to be a dedicated healer while Kytes is a red mage. I'm not quite sure if they can learn other abilities other than that, like I said I'm very early in the game.

Oh, when the developers said this game was intended for people who are new to RPG, they weren't kidding tongue.gif. The game is extremely easy so far. Haven't been killed yet considering the text is in Japanese. All in all though, it is quite a fun, lighthearted game, quite a change from the serious tone of FFXII. smile.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Refia
post Apr 26 2007, 02:04 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 8019

There are people that have already finished it. ^^" And most of the reactions are positive. But, like you said, an easy, just plain fun adventure.

I don't mind characters having fixed 'jobs'. I liked that in IX (but less in IV).
And how is the music so far?

I just hope the story is good, cause nobody really has been able to say anything about that... Let an english release come soon, please SE.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
aorin
post Apr 26 2007, 05:21 PM
Post #3

~ ♥ Double Trouble ♥ ~

Member No.: 2129

hehe... I've gotten the game well, but I spend my time levelling up and made sure that I've heard every conversation before moving forth. Though, I'm dangerously tempted to just rush through the game to see the parts where Basch and Ashe appeared.

One thing for sure, they do talk a lot more. And I do like the little interactions between the characters. Like how mother hen is Penelo and how the rest gets into trouble, and B'gamnan rolling down the stairs was a memorable moment for me. One of the thing that stop me from going on further in the game is that I spend my time laughing at Chibi Vaan and Penelo, I still haven't got use to the idea of chibi-fied and all their actions tickles me to no end.

One thing I do like about this game is that you can just simply take all your characters and gang up on one enemy and beat the living daylights out of them or you can either strategize your formation and let certain group of characters fight certain types of enemies. For instance, it is easier to handle far range enemies with melee (Vaan) and flying enemies with far range characters (Kytes). So, either you take your time to slowly fight the enemies are you just slash your way through. I'm still experimenting though, and trying to figure out how to get more summons in my team (and I don't want to waste my hard earned summon license for some crappy summons)

Like Diorelli, I'm still in chapter 2 as well. This games reminds me of Phantom Brave and Disgaea 2. It's quite satisfying so far, and this would be something that I would play again even after I finish it.

Oh~~ there was a surprising amount of FMV shown. And the music, I suppose it was fine, nothign new and so far all the music were from the original FFXII.

--------------------
+Quote Post
-josh-
post Apr 27 2007, 01:21 PM
Post #4

Bleh
Group Icon

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 1975

Sounds great!!

Lots of fmv's and talking?! Looking foward to it even more then!!! I guess yyou were surpised then Aaorin?

And are the fmvs good??

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Sionainn
post Apr 27 2007, 07:28 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 7595

This is making me crazy, I am always spoiling these games for myself!
I just want to know the storyline, what happens... (Particularily Ashe and Basch wink.gif )
But so far not much information coming my way. I hope the game is good as I plan on getting it when we get an English release.
Enjoy the game!

--------------------
"And anything that we want to know, from just a beginner to a pro,
You want a montage (montage)
Ooh, it takes a montage (montage)
Even rocky had a montage (montage)"
+Quote Post
Grivenger
post Apr 27 2007, 08:41 PM
Post #6

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 553

QUOTE(Sionainn @ Apr 27 2007, 08:28 PM) *
I just want to know the storyline, what happens... (Particularily Ashe and Basch wink.gif )

HUGE RW ENDING SPOILERS AHEAD:
According to some people that have beaten the JP version, Basch and Ashe marry each other. Can't 100% confirm it, but it's probably true.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
soul reaper
post Apr 28 2007, 02:37 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 1003

As much as I'd like it to happen, I'm kind of skeptical. I've also read it in gamefaqs (I don't know if that's where you read it) but you know I don't really trust users in gamefaqs. They always play around dry.gif

I guess I'm gonna wait for a credible story translation. smile.gif

This post has been edited by soul reaper: Apr 28 2007, 02:45 AM

--------------------
-UNDER CONSTRUCTION-
+Quote Post
Judge of Wings
post Apr 29 2007, 09:08 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 7965

Well I don't really care about being spoiled or anything but can you guys tell me about the new locations in the game that you can visit? please. unknw.gif
+Quote Post
aorin
post Apr 29 2007, 03:15 PM
Post #9

~ ♥ Double Trouble ♥ ~

Well, just in case, I'll put up a SPOILER WARNING, though I don't think I'm revealing the plot by mentioning the places you'll visit.

^ There's quite a number of places that you can visit in the game. Within the floating continent Lemures itself, there are four islands and also various places to be explored later (including a stranded island). But I can't exactly give you the names as I didn't list it down.

Currently, I've reached Chapter 8 (finally) and after meeting with Basch, Ashe and Larsa, we make our way back to Ivalice. Back on land, there are only a few places which could be explored for storyline purpose -- Giza Plains, Paramina Rift and Cache of Glabatos. Otherwise, during Chapter 1, you'll be fighting monsters within the airship which is in Rabanastre.

Basically, you spend half of the game within the floating continents while the other half back in Ivalice. Though, overall I still feel that you actually spend more time in Lemures than Ivalice.

Hmm... Basch/Ashe... as of the beginning of Chapter 8... I'll just say Ashe's interaction with other characters worry me more. And there isn't much development yet... still haven't reach that River scene.

@Josh
Earlier, I only thought that there'll be a small amount of FMV like FFIII DS where there's only one. So far, I've encountered 7 FMV and I'm expecting one more of Llyud. and hopefully another at the ending, though I've heard that there are credits as well. I'll find out soon enough. Anyhow, I'll post my views on it later when I finish the game.

This post has been edited by aorin: Apr 29 2007, 03:20 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Sills
post Apr 29 2007, 07:16 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 8215

Well concerning Ashe and Basch
SPOILERS AHEAD
That individual on the gamefaqs forum, in case gamefaqs was the source a poster was referring to earlier, was just being a pest. They claimed that during the ending credits there is an illustration showing Ashe and Basch getting married. It was a lie since it has been proven that there are no character illustrations during the ending credits. Other than that, not sure what happens between the two of them so who knows.
+Quote Post
Ringo
post Apr 30 2007, 05:16 AM
Post #11

* POKE *

Member No.: 2467

^ o damn I was hoping it wasn't a lie biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Judge of Wings
post Apr 30 2007, 08:29 AM
Post #12

Member No.: 7965

QUOTE(Sills @ Apr 30 2007, 07:16 AM) *

Well concerning Ashe and Basch
SPOILERS AHEAD
That individual on the gamefaqs forum, in case gamefaqs was the source a poster was referring to earlier, was just being a pest. They claimed that during the ending credits there is an illustration showing Ashe and Basch getting married. It was a lie since it has been proven that there are no character illustrations during the ending credits. Other than that, not sure what happens between the two of them so who knows.

Wow thanks guys and umm.. well I wasn't expecting an ending like that but dry.gif never mind so since there are new places in the game especially Ivalice, I wanted to ask those who have finished or gone far in the game because I really want to know what the answer would be and since this board doesn't have much spoilers i'll just ask you guys so here's my the question that I really want to ask you guys:

In Ivalice, besides the flying continent in the game is there by any chance that the Vaan and co. will visit the Rozzarian Empire?

*oh, please please I hope they do pay a visit, I want to see Ambervale and Al-Cid*
+Quote Post
jenny
post Apr 30 2007, 10:31 AM
Post #13

Member No.: 4734

@ aorin,when you said "Ashe's interaction with other characters worry me more" were you referring to Balthier? if so, could you elaborate.

+Quote Post
aorin
post Apr 30 2007, 03:07 PM
Post #14

~ ♥ Double Trouble ♥ ~

I finished the game, though not 100% and I'm staring at the 'The End' screen with the Prelude music playing at the background wondering if I should I punctured a hole into my DS... or maybe not.

I kind of have mixed feelings for this game's ending. I'm pretty frustrated over the fact whether I should be happy or sad. I'll probably post my views on the game later, but simply put, it is a good game for a DS. As for the plot, well, they gave me more than I expected but, I don't think it is resolved or at least I don't feel that it's resolved for Ashe's story. I'm satisfied with everyone else (ok, maybe not completely on Basch but at least he seemed happy). But Ashe... dry.gif

Bah, I'm rambling, I need to clear my thoughts on the game before I can come up with a proper review.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Sills
post Apr 30 2007, 07:05 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 8215

So they were not kidding when they said this wouldn't be a sequel.
I heard that another Ivalice Alliance title will be anounced at the SE Party on 5/12.
I'm not sure it will be FFXII related but at this point the idea of a sequel or spin off is not that appealing.
Who knows.
Aorin, I am anticipating your full review. What's up with Ashe?
+Quote Post
Ringo
post May 1 2007, 10:28 AM
Post #16

* POKE *

^ yeah aorin what's up with Ashe (and Basch)? O no if you're disappointed with the ending, I'm sure I'll be too ph34r.gif

and wow I can't believe you've finished the game already?! It must be pretty short....... unknw.gif

This post has been edited by Ringo: May 1 2007, 10:29 AM
+Quote Post
-josh-
post May 1 2007, 10:57 AM
Post #17

Bleh
Group Icon

Member No.: 1975

WOW. Tell us more Aorin!!

Was it sexy, and was there a ending Fmv?

How was the story?

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Jamie
post May 4 2007, 05:13 AM
Post #18

Ultimate Member

Member No.: 2399

I can't wait to hear more! I cannot wait to get this game.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Diorelli
post May 4 2007, 05:55 AM
Post #19

Member No.: 7209

I have finished the game as well but would also love to her Aorin's official review. wink.gif

All in all, I think it's a good game. Fun, lighthearted, and I wished I could understand Japanese cause there were so many character interactions that were lacking in XII but are in abundance in RW.

Ashe/Basch (spoilers)
If you are a fan, they have loads of cute interactions together. The last 2 chapters that they appear I was squeeing because in almost every scene, they were beside each other. Two of my favorite scenes of them: Basch confronts the Judge of Wings alone and Ashe getting all worried and shouts his name, and Ashe fainting after seeing a slaughter and Basch catching her and holds her. hee.

My opinion on them: there's a lot of hints that point that they have grown closer, much more than in XII, I was hoping they hook-up but they don't. Unfortuantely, there's only one confirmed couple in this game.
+Quote Post
Ringo
post May 4 2007, 11:43 AM
Post #20

* POKE *

^
O yeah! So Ashe faints and Basch catches her!!! <3 That was a scene I was hoping for but didn't expect SE will make one^^

Will I guess what you said about the Basch and Ashe interaction is good enough smile.gif However it'll be better if they did end up together.....so what happened to them? Please don't tell me Ashe married Balthier or Al-Cid.......... dry.gif
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th July 2017 - 08:43 PM

Copyright 2003-2007 FFXII.Net - All Rights Reserved - Disclaimer
Final Fantasy XII, FFXII & FF12 are registered trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd.