Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Viera Family RP, Viera Family members only! Check first post for updates.
Michiko
post Jan 14 2007, 05:23 PM
Post #1

b r e a t h e
Group Icon

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 4034

IPB Image

This is my first time ever creating an RP.

RULES
  • Absolutely NO flaming!
  • If you want to say something to someone out of character, use the abbreviations OOC: before your desired statement. Other than that, EVERYTHING else is in character (IC).
  • This is strictly for Viera Family members. If you would like to join this RP, please go to the Ancient Sanctuary forum and check of the Viera Family thread and join. We would LOVE to have new members!
  • Although the Viera generally stay inside the Wood, for the purposes of this RP, the Viera ARE allowed to leave the Wood and experience other parts of Ivalice. This should make the RP more interesting. There will be no consequences from other Viera for leaving the Wood for the Wood has allowed its followers to leave, assuming they keep the Voice of the Wood dear to their heart. However, if you choose to become a Viera with more of a traditional mind in tact, feel free to bitch out any Viera you want for leaving LOL.
  • You MAY discuss or talk to other characters from FFXII but you CANNOT actually RP as one of them. For example, while in character you can talk about Fran or talk TO Fran (as if she is a mere character in the backround) but you can't actually be her.
  • If I think of anything else I'll add it here. But really, the most important rule is to HAVE FUN!!!
  • Edit:1/24/07: Concering NPCs, feel free to act them out and talk to them and lead the story on that way. I will not be directing everything as that will lead to confusion and lots of sweat on my part. Basically just follow the story as the person above you leads it. If the person above is doesn't add anything to the storyline OR is in an area seperate from the other characters, just do your best.
Okay, so here is the outline that all FIRST posts should be. This is to set in stone what your character will be like. For example, I'll do my own character.

Character Name: Ljrn, the Viera Elder.
Physical Appearance: Ljrn is tall and graceful. Her skin is lighter than most Viera. Her hair is very long--down to her thighs-- and a pale grey color rather than silver. However, she mostly keeps it in a long braid down her back to keep it out of her face. She is rather svelte but does have curves in the right places. Her eyes are a deep blue, something that is rare among the Viera. Some say blue eyes are a sign that the Wood has granted you enormous blessings.
Clothing: Ljrn is fond of flowing clothes from other parts of Ivalice rather than the tight fitted battle armor that most Viera wear. She generally wears pure colors like white and grey, occasionally black. She enjoys dresses with gentle lace trimmings. However, she does indeed wear the traditional battle armor when traveling from place to place. Her specific armor is quite different from other Viera. She does not wear a helm and instead lets her hair loose. The body suit is cut short and there is a boustier holding her top half up. Her stomach is bare and criss crossing straps expose shoulder flesh. Although the entire outfit is very flimsy looking, it is made of Mythril from the Great Crystal, forged by the Viera in the Weaponry, and is in fact one of the strongest armors ever made.
General Personality: Ljrn is not as serious as she may appear. Although she is the Viera Elder and must compose herself at all times, Ljrn doesn't always follow those rules. Since the world of Ivalice has changed, the Wood has changed too. The Viera are no longer a sullen race and this holds true when it comes to Ljrn's personality. She is rather playful and enjoys traveling all across Ivalice when time allows it. She is rather independant and does not like social events very much but she does value the company of a few certain Viera. Ljrn likes to disappear and hide in various places of the Wood, away from others, to think and paint. She also enjoys swimming, hunting, and buying exotic items from different cities throughout Ivalice. Her favorite food is Cactuar Fruit found in the Estersands. She especially likes the taste of boiled Jelly's from the Henne Mines, a delicacy only certain cafes in Ivalice serve.
Age: ??? Nothing is known about her age. Her vast knowledge suggests she is rather old. However, the Viera never show their age in appearance so it is hard to tell.
Weapon of Choice: Bow and Arrow. She has a handcrafted bow made specifically by her from the wood of certain trees in the Feywood. It is especially powerful since the Feywood is a very dangerous place and harbors many secret magicks.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Current Members (you must make your first post to become a member):
Michiko (Ljrn the Viera Elder)
girlsrgamers2 (Myra the Healer)
Lux Viaras (Hasse the Singing Priest)
Mobius (Javix the Sage)
Travis (Yuri the Iron Hand)
Judge Kweh Kweh (10th Bureau) (Kweh Kweh)
Maiden of Rabanastre (Pallas)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PROLOGUE

Ivalice has changed. The war between neighboring empires is over. The children of Ivalice are now at peace and life can go on. However, time passes differently in the Wood. The Wood was once a place where Viera dwelled in secret, shooing off everything and anything not Viera. The Viera rarely left the Wood and if they did, they would be shunned by their own kind for losing the sight of the Wood. Many who leave never return. However, times have changed.

The Eruyt Village continues to exist in almost a different time dimension, untouched by the hands of humes or any other race. However, the Wood has spoken and has released the invisible barrier keeping the Viera so close to it. She has allowed the Viera to break free, knowing that they will always return to their home and to Her with great new knowledge and even more power.

The Eruyt Village is still inhabited by only Viera as no one would dare to taint with their traditions. However, the Viera have now become a major mercantile force in Ivalice. Since the Viera posess great knowledge about the world because they can "sense" the unseen, they are able to gather and create amazing and powerful items that no one else would be able to do. All of their items are infused with great magicks, blessed by the Wood itself. Because of this, many individuals of all sorts of races travel the dangerous road to the Eruyt Village to purchase their goods. Some of the Viera have started their own shops in various parts of Ivalice but all of the goods are created solely in the Wood and then transported elsewhere.

The Viera have changed too. They feel a new zest for life and an unsatiable curiosity for adventure and exploration. They adore traveling, something that was banned for many years.

One morning in the Eruyt Village a battlemage from a far off land traveled to meet with the Viera Elder. Ljrn's face grew grim as the battlemage spoke....apparently something was brooding deep and dark in the depths of Ivalice. The Viera could sense something developing but they werent sure what. The battlemage scurried off and Ljrn stood still, as if in deep thought. She then called her closest friends and informed them of this new situation. Apparently there have been cases of Viera being slain throughout Ivalice--for unknown reasons. No one knew exactly who did this, what did this.

Ljrn called a council of all the Viera and asked what they thought they should do......

--------------------
IPB Image
<3 my Nickling
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
girlsrgamers2
post Jan 14 2007, 06:17 PM
Post #2

Life's a journey, not a destination.
Group Icon

Member No.: 4088

Character Name: Myra, the Healer

Physical Appearance: Myra is tall and slim. Her long silver hair hangs straight and loose to about her hips. Her eyes are a dark green. Her skin is the rich tan of most Viera.

Clothing: Since Myra is a healer/white mage, she wears an Enchanter's Habit in white and gold. The top reveals a little of her stomach, and the skirt hangs just below her knees. She wears the stiletto shoes like most Viera. She wears no helmet, preferring to wear only a Gold Circlet (like a slim crown).

General Personality: Myra is very caring and loving, she is a born nurturer. This is why she became a healer, to help others. Even though she has her serious moments, she is also very fun-loving. She enjoys spending time with her friends and family, especially her new husband, Javix. She enjoys collecting herbs and flowers, swimming, riding chocobos, and hunting. Her favorite foods are many of the delicious fruits and vegetables native to Ivalice.

Weapon of Choice: Sagittarius Bow, with Artemis Arrows.

OK, I'll start:

The Council of Viera were gathered in the middle of Eruyt. "Why on earth would someone be slaying Viera? We do nothing but good for Ivalice. I think we should make sure we travel in groups outside of the village, and ride chocobos rather than go on foot." Myra stated firmly. She suddenly shivered, sensing something ominous and threatening. The village was as warm as always, but Myra felt chilled to the bone. She had just returned from the Golmore Jungle, collecting herbs, and she had been alone. "Ljrn, do you have any ideas about who the Viera-slayer may be, and why they are killing our people?" Myra asked the Viera Elder.

This post has been edited by girlsrgamers2: Jan 14 2007, 07:47 PM

--------------------
♥♥♥ BohemianAndy ♥♥♥
IPB Image
♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
sig by andrzej
Proud member of the Viera and Hippie families
+Quote Post
Michiko
post Jan 14 2007, 08:41 PM
Post #3

b r e a t h e
Group Icon

"I--I have no idea. The Wood will say nothing to me when I ask. I cannot allow any more slayings to take place. It is very possible that the many Viera sprawled across Ivalice have no idea that there is a predator out there. Many of them are not adequatly armored and most of our weapons are still in the Weaoponry! In fact, the victims were all found in heavily populated areas, in cities were monsters would not dare to go. The first victim was found in Lowtown in Rabanastre. The others in Arcadia and even one of our Viera was found slain in Jahara when sending over some goods! It seems likely that the killer is indeed something that can easily blend into the population. I doubt it is a monster of any sort as that would cause too much disruption. Our killer has not been seen by anyone."

Ljrn's voice trailed off on her last sentence. She seemed to be choking back more intense emotions, afraid she may let herself go in front of the village. She brushed back her loose hair--she did not have time to plait it that morning.

"I think we need to take action. I will not allow anyone else to die. I believe the Wood feels the deaths and is angry at us for not preventing it. That is why She will not speak to me. However, I also will not allow these atrocities to crumble our world. We have worked hard to get to where we are and nothing will ruin it. Now Myra, you are right. We should ride chocobos and travel in groups. But I'm afraid this killer may be more cunning than we thought. So with that said, we must ALL travel fully armored and ready for battle at any time."

The council stood silent in the warm village air. No one has seen Ljrn so...intense before. The Viera felt that their peaceful lives were coming to an end.

"Now, I am going to travel to Rabanastre to see the body of the slain Viera. The battlemage that you all saw earlier told me that the guard officials will b e waiting for me. I believe Rabanastre will cooperate with us to help find this criminal. However, I will not be traveling alone. I need some of you to accompony me. Some of you will stay here to continue working in the Weaponry and elsewhere and to keep an eye out for any news or visiters that come to our village. Both jobs are equally important but require different skills. If you wish to come with me, you must be strong and able to fight. The road to Rabanastre is long and we may take many detours. You must be able to defend yourslf. If you wish to stay here, you have the role of keeping our village composed. I do not expect chaos once I return. And remember, I can sense everything even from far away. Please be careful. We must continue daily life in the village as before and those who wish to stay here have the very important duty of doing so."

The wind blew softly and leaves rustled on the ground. Ljrn gently stood up from the stone she was sitting on. She began to make her way down the path that led to the Elder's quarters. Before she left entirely, she turned around and said:

"It is your choice. Choose wisely. Please see me in my chamber once you have decided."

And then she left.

--------------------
IPB Image
<3 my Nickling
+Quote Post
girlsrgamers2
post Jan 14 2007, 09:04 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

"I think I should go with you, Ljrn. I know I am a healer, but I feel my skills may be important. If anyone is injured on our journey, I can take care of them." Myra told her Elder somberly. "And I'm not afraid to fight. We must get to the bottom of this." She placed a comforting hand on Ljrn's shoulder. "We'll find out who is behind these slayings."

Unfortunately, Myra didn't feel as confident as she sounded. She wouldn't have guessed that the slayings had occured in heavily populated areas. Myra had believed it was a beast of some sort before she'd heard this.

"I'll get some things together, and prepare for our journey." Myra told Ljrn, and walked from the Elder's quarters to her own home. She sank in a chair, and placed a shaky hand to her forehead. She muttered to herself, "Who could do this? And if they can blend into a crowd, how will we ever find them?"

--------------------
♥♥♥ BohemianAndy ♥♥♥
IPB Image
♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
sig by andrzej
+Quote Post
Lux Viäras
post Jan 14 2007, 09:16 PM
Post #5

Ultimate Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 5165

Character Name: Hasse, the singing Priest (His name is a word play within the German words "rabbit" and "hate")
Physical Appearance:
IPB Image
Or something like that (I may post a better one later...)
Clothing: a long gray cape, monk's bermuda shorts fastened with a broad lether belt, a light leather "armor-thing" covering partially the chest and abdomen, big and tall boots with multiple belts.
General Personality: a loner and a viera of few words... although he looks rather grim from the outside, he's kindhearted and optimistic... he deeply believes that Hope does die last... However he's in an eternal struggle to free himself from his inner demons... He finds peace in music and spiritual devotion, preaching Justice and Love with his melodies and prayers...
Weapon of Choice: a silver Flute, with an unknown spirit dwelling inside...

"It is your choice. Choose wisely..." the words still echoed in his head... (stay or go? what should I do.... go... help Ljrn, endure the quest, be a burden?... or stay... soothe the villagers, protect the village, sit quietly while the Elder and the others risk their skin?...).

He had a very bad feeling about this... something big and terrible was around the corner... he could sense it...

"Ljrn" (She looks worried...) He said as he walked into the Elder's home " I'll stay..." (judging by the look in her eyes she allready knew I'd stay...). Said that, he walked slowly out of the cottage, but stopped under the threshold, turned his head and said with a smile in his face and a tear in his eyes "My prayers shall be with you...."

He returned home humming an encouraging but gloomy song... He had to believe...

This post has been edited by Lux Viäras: Jan 14 2007, 10:15 PM
+Quote Post
Michiko
post Jan 14 2007, 09:56 PM
Post #6

b r e a t h e
Group Icon

Ljrn lay down on her bed, a large low bed made of wolf pelts from the Feywood and feathers from the Paramina Rift. A canopy of sheer silk draped from the cieling over it. Ljrn sighed and turned to her side. Her chamber was dark and she liked it that way. Candles blazed away but made no impact on the vastness of the room. Myra had just left and now Ljrn had nothing else to do but sit and think.

What if I am killed...who will take my place? Oh, stop being so foolish! Do not think that way!

She felt happy that Myra decided to join her--a healer would be very useful. But Ljrn still was hazy about the whole idea. Am I putting more of our people in danger by hunting down the killer? Will this be anything more than a dead trail? Her somber thought consumed her until she fell silently asleep.

Sometime later a loud knock on her door awakened her. Startled, she stood up. The air was very cold and she assumed it was now dusk. She quickly grabbed a shawl from her chair and stood up to open the door.

The door cracked open, letting in some much needed light in the room. Ljrn could barely make out the figure that stood in front of her as the light blinded her....

"I need to talk to you. Right now, Ljrn."

This post has been edited by Michiko: Jan 14 2007, 09:56 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
<3 my Nickling
+Quote Post
girlsrgamers2
post Jan 14 2007, 10:58 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Myra forced herself to begin packing anything she would need on their journey. She wrapped medicinal herbs and flowers in cloth. She wasn't sure how far this voyage would take them, and she wanted to be prepared. Myra pulled her bow out of the chest at the bottom of her bed. It had been a long time since she had used it for protection. Usually Myra only used it to hunt. That nagging, foreboding feeling had yet to leave her. In fact, just touching her bow intensified it. She shivered again, and whispered, "I wish Javix would come home soon." She knew her husband's presence would calm her.

Myra decided to force herself to get some rest. She was exhausted, but her mind was wide awake. She crawled into her plush bed, which was stuffed with the softest of chocobo down. Finally she dozed, from sheer exhaustion. But her sleep was far from restful. She was plagued with nightmares.

--------------------
♥♥♥ BohemianAndy ♥♥♥
IPB Image
♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
sig by andrzej
+Quote Post
Michiko
post Jan 15 2007, 03:37 PM
Post #8

b r e a t h e
Group Icon

The next morning was chilly and even though the winter sun shone through the tree canopy, it was not enough to warm the village. Ljrn woke up earlier than everyone. Her quarters were empty...no one in sight. She smiled to herself. That night she dreamt of something truly good, perhaps a vision of the future. She couldn't remember exactly what happened but the feeling of goodness that rushed over her was more than enough to satisfy.

She stepped out of her chamber into the long hall that leads to other parts of her quarters and walked slowly to her private courtyard. She wore a simple sleeping gown and was barefoot. She shivered in the cold but thought nothing of it.

She stepped out into the courtyard and looked around. Flower blossoms gently swayed in the wind and the water in her little pond rippled as the wind blew. She removed her dress and stepped slowly into the freezing water. She bathed herself and although it was very cold, she took her time.

Afterwards she went back to her chamber and put on her clothing for the day. The village was beginning to wake up and Ljrn was slightly apprehensive to feel the worry that everyone was feeling.

But she had to.

As she stepped out into the open village, she saw the Viera already beginning to work. The battle Viera were in the Weaponry making new armor and weapons for those that decide to travel with Ljrn. The Sages were creating medicinal rubs and protective charms to keep harm at bay. Every Viera was out and about doing something to help the Ljrn and her companions on her journey.

So far Myra was the only one joining Ljrn but Ljrn was convinced more would follow. Hasse was to stay behind and take care of the village. Ljrn felt pleased that he would do that as she trusted him with all her heart. He had a way with the Viera and was able to calm them with his music...something that is very dear to all Viera.

Ljrn walked down the curved paths to the Weaponry to check on how things were doing.

--------------------
IPB Image
<3 my Nickling
+Quote Post
girlsrgamers2
post Jan 15 2007, 04:08 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

Myra awoke that morning strangely calm. She knew if anyone could solve this mystery, it was Ljrn. Myra had the utmost respect for the Elder, and she trusted her completely. Myra was glad she'd decided to accompany Ljrn on this journey. She bathed and dressed for the day, and walked into the village.

All the Viera were busy making preparations for the journey. It warmed her heart to see all her family and friends working together. Myra had already heard Hasse was staying home to keep Eruyt in order. This put her at ease. Myra spoke to a few of the Viera, and then walked back to her home. She brewed a pot of herbal tea to relax her nerves. Now it was time to finish getting ready for their departure.

--------------------
♥♥♥ BohemianAndy ♥♥♥
IPB Image
♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
sig by andrzej
+Quote Post
Michiko
post Jan 16 2007, 03:57 AM
Post #10

b r e a t h e
Group Icon

Three Viera were sitting on the steps of the Weaponry. They each were crafting seperate weapons: A bow, a dagger, and a gun.

"Mjrn, why are you crafting a gun?" asked Ljrn. Guns were never introduced to the Viera and it was strange to see a forgien weapon made when it never was before.

"Elder, Balthier came to us and gave us his gun. He said to use it when there was danger near. I thought now would be a good time...."

Mjrn was Fran's younger sister. Ljrn loved Fran. She was with her when she was banished. Although she could never say it outright, she wanted to go and find Fran and bring her back home. However things have changed and no one hates Fran anymore for leaving.

"When did he come? It wasn't with the other Humes, was it? I would of sensed it. Was Fran there too?!" She cupped her hands over her mouth. She spoke far too hastily. "No...no. She couldn't of been here."

"It was...well..I think 1 week ago! No one else came with him..I asked him why he was coming and he said he had business to do in the Salikawood. I didn't pursue it. Should I have? I hope nothing bad has happened..."

"No, no Mjrn. It's fine. Thank you." Ljrn slowly walked away and went inside the Weaponry chambers. The room was empty except for a fire burning with glowing embers and weapons and armor stacked everywhere. Ljrn sat on the cold floor.

Balthier....why did you come? He must know something. It's been two years and he hasn't been back..neither has Fran. Something must be happening. I must find him.

She turned quickly and ran out of the Weaponry and to her private chambers. The Viera stared at her as she fled. Ljrn had no time to think about what others thought of her. She had to find Balthier as fast as she could. She knew he knew something.

--------------------
IPB Image
<3 my Nickling
+Quote Post
girlsrgamers2
post Jan 16 2007, 06:47 AM
Post #11

Group Icon

As Myra was packing her things for the journey, she decided to go to the Weaponry and get another quiver of Artemis Arrows. As she strolled to the Weaponry, she spotted Ljrn sprinting away from the Weaponry towards her private chambers.

She stepped into the Weaponry and asked Mjrn, "Is everything alright? I just seen Ljrn running from here to her chambers."

"Well, I just told her Balthier left a gun here for us about a week ago. He said to use it when danger was near." Mjrn replied.

"Hmmm. . .that's odd." Myra said, puzzled. She couldn't help thinking maybe Balthier knew something about the slayer. She realized this was what caused Ljrn's mad dash away from the Weaponry. "Well, while I'm here, do you have a quiver of Artemis Arrows I could take with me?"

"Of course." Mjrn gestured to another Viera to get them for Myra. "And if you could, would you make sure everything is alright with Ljrn?"

"Yes, I planned to do that anyway. Thank you, Mjrn. Take care." Myra replied, giving Mjrn a hug. She had always thought highly of both Fran and her little sister. She knew it was hard on Mjrn to not have Fran around. "And if you need anything before we leave, do not hesitate to ask."

"Thanks, Myra. Be careful, and keep a close eye on our Elder during the journey." Mjrn said.

"Don't worry, I'll guard Ljrn with my life." Myra smiled at Mjrn, and walked out of the Weaponry. She decided to stop my her hut before checking on Ljrn. She hoped that her husband was back, so she could tell him about everything that has happened.

This post has been edited by girlsrgamers2: Jan 16 2007, 07:10 AM

--------------------
♥♥♥ BohemianAndy ♥♥♥
IPB Image
♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
sig by andrzej
+Quote Post
Mobius
post Jan 16 2007, 07:02 AM
Post #12

Royal Member

Member No.: 4019

Character Name: Javix the Sage

Physical Appearance: Javix is average size, perhaps a bit shorter than most, at 5'11"; but well muscled and broad shouldered. His skin is bronze tan; he has sandy brown hair - grayed at the sides, and bright green eyes. His eyes portray a certain wistfulness and mirth, and at the same time a deep inner knowledge - as of someone who knows more than they let on.

Clothing: Javix has long ceased to care about traditional garb of caste or culture and instead clothes himself in whatever garb 'he' deems comfortable for himself. He tends to favor a leather vest that cross-laces in the front, and a pair of leather pants. He'd had several pair of leather pants custom made for his Viera frame in Arcadia, lined with a special gossamer-like mesh that serves as a light chain mail. They cost him a small fortune in gil, but he thought the indulgance well worth it. For foot ware he favors sandals, though he is equally comfortable traveling with or without foot ware. The only other article he has, which technically isn't clothing but is with him at all times, is his side travel pack in which he keeps a special tome where he records his adventures and many other forms of information, as well as a few other various odds and ends.

General Personality: Javix seldom ever appears as serious as he is. He's chosen not to adopt the calm and serious decorum worn by so many sages throughout the lands, and opts instead for a more lively, whimsical attitude. His eyes are always full of mischief and laughter, and he often plays the clown - seeming clumsy at times, even inept. But it’s all a farce. Behind the charade is an analytical mind that never rests. His quest for knowledge and understanding is never ending, but he chooses not to flaunt his intellect like many other sages do. He simply lets the font of knowledge rest calmly beneath the surface, and rise to usefulness as the situation demands.

Age: As young as youth, as aged as wine, as fresh as a brisk breeze, old and treacherous enough to get away with most things.

Weapon of Choice: A staff and two hand-crossbows. He has a stout staff which is nearly as tall as he is. It is unknown what type of wood it’s made of, but it’s tipped with metal bands and has veins of magicite crystal which intertwine along the length of the staff from one end to the other; which serve to help protect it and its wielder against weapons with magical properties. The origins of the staff are unknown. It is a family heirloom that has been handed down to each successive male in the family. He also carries two hand crossbows, because sometimes a staff just won't reach the target, for which he carries a variety of bolts he's gathered during his travels.

He awoke draped over two tree limbs with multi-color ribbons tied along his ears and a taste in his mouth that made spinach taste like candy. His body ached from lying in the awkward position and his head was throbbing. "Oyyyy..." he groaned, thinking about shifting his position, but thinking better of it. He simply lay there awhile while his vision cleared and the world slowly stopped spinning contemplating what manner of events may have led him to his present predicament; and the last thing he could remember was the wedding reception. In all truth, there wasn’t a lot of that he could remember, excepting it had to have been the finest festivities he’d ever attended. A smile crossed his face as he thought of his lovely wife, and he groaned as he sat upright and began untying the ribbons from his ears. He made his way gingerly down out of the tree and it took him awhile to get his baring in the wood. Once he finally realized where he was, he made his way back to the village.

He happened upon a couple of herb gatherers along a path back to the village. One of them greeted him with a smile. “Good morning Javix.” She said pleasantly.
“Good morning ladies.” He replied with a respectful incline of his head, which made the throbbing seem a little worse. “What news, pray tell?” he inquired.
“You haven’t heard the news?” one of them inquired with a raised brow.
“No, I haven’t.” he replied. “Is something awry?”
“Where have you been?” the other asked.
“Just out being one with nature.” He replied with a forced smile. “There’s nothing quite like it.” They nodded in understanding and related to him the events that had unfolded in the village during the course of his brief absence. He thanked them and quickened his pace toward the village.

“Javix!” a voice called out to him as he made his way through the village toward his house. He winced at the sound and turned toward the person who had called him. It was his… niece, cousin, some other relation. The details were fuzzy to him at the moment. Nyria, that was her name.
“Must you shout?” he asked as she approached.
“I didn’t shout.” She retorted, “I merely called your name; and you look terrible.”
“Hmph.” He grunted, then “I’ll have to remind you of the proper social etiquette used when greeting relatives; and what exactly do you mean by that?”
“You look drunk.” Nyria stated flatly.
“I was in that blissful state yesterday… or, perhaps the day before. I am now in that less than blissful state of post-inebriation, but I assure you it will pass quickly. Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to go speak with my wife.” He replied.
“You don’t look like you’re in any condition to be accompanying your wife to Rabanaster with Elder Ljrn.” She retorted.
“I can assure you, I’m in perfect condition. Now once again, if you’ll excuse me.” He said more sternly, then turned, walked face first into a tree and fell backward landing squarely on his butt. Nyria giggled as he rubbed his forehead.
“I can see what condition you’re in.” she said, trying to suppress more giggles. “You’re not as young as you used to be, you know. Why don’t you just rest here a little while until you feel better? Myra and the Elder won’t be leaving for awhile yet, and I’m sure they’ll have no objection to you joining them.” He grumbled beneath his breath at her reference to his age.
“Maybe you’re right.” He replied with a fake smile, looking at her from the ground. “Perhaps I could use a bit of a rest. Would you be a dear and go make me a cup of that herb tea that gets rid of headaches?”
“It’d be my pleasure, cousin.” She replied, trying not to giggle again, and turning and walking back into her hut. Cousin… he knew that… As soon as she was inside the hut he rose to his feet and made his way quickly to his house, careful to avoid colliding with trees he was certain hadn’t been there before.

“Good morning, my love!” he greeted his wife with a bright smile and kiss on the cheek. “I heard the news only awhile ago and came as quickly as I could.” He reached for his staff and began gathering a few provisions. “By the way dear… Do we have time for a cup of that tea that gets rid of headaches?”

--------------------
Proud Member of the Viera Family
Javix the Sage

Offical Family Comedian
+Quote Post
girlsrgamers2
post Jan 16 2007, 07:20 AM
Post #13

Group Icon

"Of course." Myra said with a smile. "You look a little worse for wear." She started the pot of tea, then walked toward her husband. "So you've heard about everything?" At his nod, she continued. "I also just heard that Balthier left a gun at the weaponry about a week ago, in case we needed it. Isn't that strange? After our tea, I'd really like to check on Ljrn. She also knows about this, and I don't want her to leave to search for Balthier without us."

Myra poured the tea, and they sat down. "Do you think Balthier may know something we don't?" She asked Javix.

This post has been edited by girlsrgamers2: Jan 16 2007, 07:21 AM

--------------------
♥♥♥ BohemianAndy ♥♥♥
IPB Image
♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
sig by andrzej
+Quote Post
Mobius
post Jan 16 2007, 05:02 PM
Post #14

Royal Member

Of course." Myra said with a smile. "You look a little worse for wear."
"I'm affraid I'm guilty of over sampling the wines, along with numerous other beverages, at the reception." He replied with a faint smile as he eased himself into a chair. He rubbed at his temples lightly as his wife put the tea on.
"Aye luv, that is strange; and I fear it doesn't bode well." He replies to her inquirey. "Balthier isn't the sort to travel to the village or go anywhere out of his way without a purpose behind it. I'm fairly certain he knows something, or at the very least, suspects something regarding whats going on." He accepts the tea from her greatfully and takes a long drink after blowing on the surface to cool the liquid. "Hmmm...." he mutters, an expression of relief crossing his face as he could feel the herbs already beginning to work.
"I understand we're going to Rabanaster to view a body?" he asks Myra. At her nod he continues "Has only one Viera been killed then, or have there been more than one?" he asks, then as an after thought "We can only pray that the body we go to view isn't that of Fran."
The tea worked its remedies quickly, for which he was exceptionally gratefull. Picking up his hand crossbows and bolts and securing them to his belt, he stands. "Are we ready, dear?"

This post has been edited by Mobius: Jan 16 2007, 05:05 PM

--------------------
Javix the Sage

Offical Family Comedian
+Quote Post
Michiko
post Jan 17 2007, 01:06 AM
Post #15

b r e a t h e
Group Icon

Ljrn's quarters were empty as usual.

Where is it...where is it?!
cried Ljrn. She rummaged through her drawers, through various cabinets. As she grazed her hand over something, she stopped and let out a long "Ah hah!"

She pulled her hand towards her and in it was a long bow. The wood seemed to glow in the cold air and it was engraved with characters that no one could read but Ljrn herself. The bow has been handed down through generation after generation of Viera Elders. It is quite the legend among the Viera. They say this was the very bow that secured the land that the Eruyt Village now rests on for the Viera.

Ljrn gently rubbed her hand over the wood as if in a trance. There was only one other time that she had to use this bow. As she pulled the tight string as if to shoot, the bow made a soft howl as if it had a spirit living in it, singing.

She hooked the bow to her shoulder by a strap, pulled on her battle armor, and left her quarters.

The Viera were all congregated around the common fountain where all the curved paths lead to and meet. Ljrn knew what they were talking about. She quickly scanned their faces to look for Hasse but say he was not there. Myra and Javix were not there either.

Ljrn ran to Hasse's cottage hoping no one would notive her. Everyone seemed too interested in gossip and worry anyways. Hastily, she knocked on his door. However, she was impatient and after four quick knocks, she opened the door wide before Hasse could even answer.

Hasse was sitting in his chair made out of wood from the Salikawood. He seemed to be in deep thought, his flute resting on the table. He was staring at it.

He didn't seem to notive Ljrn walking in.

"Hasse, I need to talk to you. Now." Hasse turned his head to the side but did not stand up.

"I need you to watch the village for me. Please, just do it." said Ljrn, a sound of desperation in her voice. "Keep it secret, do not tell anyone. Especially not Myra. She will follow me, I'm sure. No one must know. Can you promise me this Hasse? Can you?"

Ljrn sat across from Hasse, expecting to hear a sea of questions. Surprisingly, Hasse seemed rather calm.

--------------------
IPB Image
<3 my Nickling
+Quote Post
girlsrgamers2
post Jan 17 2007, 11:59 AM
Post #16

Group Icon

"Yes, just let me collect a few of our things." Myra smiled up at Javix. "Better yet, would you mind getting the rest of our things together while I check on Ljrn? I'd like to make sure she hasn't slipped off to find Balthier without us." At his nod, she stepped out of the hut and headed towards the Elder's quarters. As she walked, she noticed all the Viera gathered at the fountain.

"Have any of you seen Ljrn?" Myra inquired.

"I believe she is still in her private quarters, Myra. Is everything alright?" Mjrn asked.

"I just need to speak with the Elder. You haven't seen her leave?"

"I didn't notice her leave. Has anyone seen Ljrn leave her quarters?" Mjrn asked the other Viera. They all shook their heads.

"Ok, thanks." Myra told them, and briskly walked to Ljrn's quarters. She knocked on Ljrn's door, but it was ajar. "Why is her door open?" Myra muttered to herself. "Ljrn, are home? Ljrn?" she called. No response. "Ljrn?" she called again, and then opened her door fully. She stepped in, still calling the elder's name. After a quick glance, she knew that she was too late. Dejectedly, she headed back towards the fountain.

"Is everything alright?" Mjrn asked Myra.

"No. Our Elder is gone." Myra replied. "Balthier didn't mention where he was heading when he left here, did he?"

"Well, as a matter of fact, he mentioned he had business in the Salikawood. But you guess is as good as mine whether he is still there." Mjrn told her.

"Thanks a lot, Mjrn." Myra told Mjrn, and quickly ran to her hut.

"Javix, she's gone. Her quarters are empty. She'd even left her door ajar. She must have rushed out." Myra told her husband sadly. Javix wrapped his arms around her, and she laid her head on his shoulder. He could always calm her when she was upset. She tipped her head towards him and said, "But I think she may be heading to the Salikawood. let's finish collecting our things. We'll leave for the Salikawood as soon as possible. I'm afraid for Ljrn's safety with the Viera-slayer in Ivalice."

--------------------
♥♥♥ BohemianAndy ♥♥♥
IPB Image
♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
sig by andrzej
+Quote Post
Mobius
post Jan 18 2007, 08:40 AM
Post #17

Royal Member

"Better yet, would you mind getting the rest of our things together while I check on Ljrn? I'd like to make sure she hasn't slipped off to find Balthier without us."
“Of course, luv.” He replies with a bright smile, feeling much better now that the tea had worked its magic. He gave her a quick peck on the cheek before she slipped out the door, then set about the task of getting the rest of the things together. Most of their travel gear had already been assembled, and it was more a matter of double checking to make sure they had all the appropriate provisions i.e. teleport stones, potions, arrows, bolts, trail food, herbs, and the various a sundry items that were part of a travelers stock and store. One must always make sure they’re well prepared when traveling in a realm like Ivalice.

He had just finished securing the last strap on her travel pack when she returned. He could tell by the expression on her face that the news wasn’t good. Before he could speak a word: "Javix, she's gone. Her quarters are empty. She'd even left her door ajar. She must have rushed out." Myra told her husband sadly. He wrapped his arms around her and she drew close and lay her head on his shoulder. He patted her back gently as he comforted her. She tipped her head up to him and expressed her concerns with that sense of urgency that was uniquely hers. One of the things he loved about her.
“I’ve all ready gathered our belongings, luv.” He said with a reassuring smile, then took her hands in his and planted and soft kiss on the back of them. “And I think you, my dear, worry too much.” He released her hands and turned to pick up her traveling pack and gear. “From what you’ve told me, her departure wasn’t sudden and rushed. She planned on slipping out.” He turns and sets her pack and gear on the table next to where she’s standing and looked to his wife again. “One can only conclude from this that she’s learned something about the killings or killer and has decided, as Viera Elder, to take on the burden of the matter herself and not put other Viera at risk. As strong a woman as Ljrn may be, it was a noble gesture but foolish decision.”

His travel gear was within arm’s reach, but his staff was leaning against a nearby chair. He turned and took hold of his staff, then turned his eyes toward the ceiling and cocked his head slightly to the side as he often did when he was turning things over in his mind. He noted through the corner of his eye the faint smile that curled on Myra’s face, as she always seemed to find some sort of amusement in this quirky little gesture when he thought; and he was happy he was able to bring even a small smile to her face considering the circumstances. He tapped his finger against the side of his staff as he thought aloud. “Once the Salikawood is entered from the south, there’s only two directions to go: West to the Necrohol or east to the Phon Coast. I’d doubt whatever business she has there lies in the direction of the Necrohol. There are creatures there that would cause even the most seasoned warrior to pause and think twice.” He turned to face his wife more directly. “My guess is she’s gone to rendezvous with Balthier. The Hunter’s Camp at the Phon Coast isn’t exactly a Pirate’s Den, but ruffians of all sorts do frequent the place, and it’s the sort of place a sky pirate would be in his element in. It’s possible Balthier sent word to Ljrn from the Phon Coast and chose the seclusion of the Salikawood as a meeting place in case the killer, or someone associated with the killer, was also at the Hunter’s Camp. The Salikawood is an eerie, quiet forest; and one can easily hear someone following or approaching. I’d say they’ll probably meet up in one of the house-like huts there the Moogles use from time to time.”
He removed a gil from a pouch and rolled it across the top of his fingers, then caused it to seemingly disappear with slight-of-hand; then reached up near Myra’s ear and pulled his hand back as if he’d just retrieved the gil from her ear – just to be amusing while he spoke.
“There’s also the matter of the Viera body in Rabanaster. Someone there is expecting someone to show up to view the body. She may well have gone there to attend to that unpleasant task first. So we have a decision to make, my dear. Do we go to Rabanaster? Or straight away to Salikawood? Either location is quickly reachable by teleport crystal, and in either location, she won’t have much of a head start on us.”

--------------------
Javix the Sage

Offical Family Comedian
+Quote Post
girlsrgamers2
post Jan 18 2007, 08:07 PM
Post #18

Group Icon

"Javix, you are right as always. I do worry too much." Myra smiled at her husband. "Which place do you think we should go first? Maybe Rabanstre would be the wise choice. If Ljrn isn't there, we'll just teleport to Salikawood. But I will admit, I'm frightened to see just who the body belongs to." She grabbed Javix's hand. "I'll leave it up to you, sweetheart. I'll let the rest of the Viera know our plans to depart."

Myra walked back to where the Viera were congregated around the fountain. "Everyone, Javix and I will be departing soon. I'm not sure our destination yet, but we will find Ljrn, I promise you all."

"Is there anything you need before you leave?" Mjrn inquired.

"Maybe a few potions and curatives, in case I run short on herbal remedies. Also, Javix might need some Grand Bolts for his crossbow. Other than that, we should be fine."

One of the viera youth, Syri, ran to the weaponry, and quickly returned with our provisions. "Here you go, Myra. Be safe. All of our prayers are with you both." Young Syri said with love.

Myra hugged her. "Thank you dear. Hasse will be watching Eruyt, so if you need anything, go to him. He'll be gald to assist you." Myra glanced around at all her family and friends. "I love you all. Javix and I will return soon." Several of the Viera, including Mjrn, hugged her.

A chorus of well wishing was directed at Myra. "Goodbye, Myra. We love you. Be safe. Come back soon!" Myra waved to them all, and headed back to her hut.

"Javix, I've told everyone we were leaving. Here are some extra Grand Bolts, and some curatives. Have you decided where we are headed?" Myra waited patiently for his answer.

--------------------
♥♥♥ BohemianAndy ♥♥♥
IPB Image
♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
sig by andrzej
+Quote Post
Mobius
post Jan 19 2007, 03:20 AM
Post #19

Royal Member

“….But I will admit, I'm frightened to see just who the body belongs to." She grabbed Javix's hand.
“Aye luv, it is a grim affair.” Javix replies, then “We’ll be ok. We’re strong too.” He adds with a wink and a quick smile.
"I'll leave it up to you, sweetheart. I'll let the rest of the Viera know our plans to depart." He replied with a nod and soft reassuring squeeze of her hand, and then paused to admire her irresistible backside as she walked out the door. “Yet another admirable quality to add to the list…” he muttered aloud as he turned toward their gear.

He moved their gear and supplies outside the house, grateful that his wife had gone to say the farewells. He enjoyed hellos, but he’d never really cared for goodbyes. One Sage habit he did enjoy was just slipping away quietly and inconspicuously. He reasoned that when they noticed he wasn’t there, they’d know he was gone.
He secured the hut once their belongings were outside, then leaned against the wall near the door, staff in hand, and thought about which location to go to first. After careful consideration of several possibilities from as many perspectives as he could think of, he decided the Viera body held precedence. Viewing the body, seeing what condition it’s in, learning how the victim was killed, and if there was more than one victim could possibly provide vital information about the killer, if there may be more than one person involved, and what the reason behind the slaying(s) might be. He hoped it would be an isolated incident and there was only one victim, but he doubted it. Ljrn wouldn’t have acted in the manner she had if it were that simple.

He smiled as Myra approached the hut, and accepted the Grand Bolts and curatives with an appreciative nod. “….Have you decided where we are headed?" she asks.
“I’ll have to concur with your earlier assessment. I believe Rabanastre would be the wise choice.” He replies with a smile as he hands her gear to her and then dons his own. At her nod he takes her hand and they walk toward the southern end of the village, passing through the lower courtyard and making their way to the small glade near the Hidden Path. He releases her hand as they approach the teleport crystal, regards if for a moment, then turns to face Myra. “Your teleport stone or mine, my love?” he asks with a slight smirk, holding one up in his hand.

--------------------
Javix the Sage

Offical Family Comedian
+Quote Post
Michiko
post Jan 19 2007, 03:28 AM
Post #20

b r e a t h e
Group Icon

Ljrn left Hasse's cottage and returned to her quarters without being seen. She went through all of her supplies and decided to settle on a few potions and various remedies against ailments that the viera Sages have created. She also took with her a quiver of Isis arrows--crafted by her own hands and never recreated anywhere else. Ljrn is rather skilled in all sorts of magicks but she thought it would be best to be as safe as possible. Food was not an issue as Ljrn knew the ways of the Planet and would be able to find edibles all over Ivalice.

She checked that the Bow was securely fastened to her shoulder. As she was about to step outside, she noticed something shimmering in the corner of her eye. She glanced at one of the side tables in the hall and say a small dagger laying on top of it. She walked towards it and noticed it was engraved with her name. The dagger had a layer of dust over it but she swore that she never had notived it before. The dagger seemed to be made out of some sort of Mythril of great quality. The handle was strong, the blade sharp. It was small jewels and embellishments on the handle. As she picked up the dagger, a note fell from underneath. It was folded up and very small.

Ljrn gently opened the note and read it.

You will need this. I've been watching you. Hurry about and find me. This should make an interesting game.

"What...what does this mean?" thought Ljrn. She didn't think it could be from Balthier. Sure, he was known to leave strange notes but this seemed...almost...threatening. Ljrn tucked the dagger into her leg armor and placed the note in the small sack with all her supplies.

Slowly, she slipped out of the Eruyt Village, paying the little moogle and his friend a large sum of gil to stay quiet.

Ljrn decided she would head to the Salikawood. Balthier wouldn't of told Mjrn where he was going unless he had a reason for Mjrn to know. He must of known she would tell Ljrn.

As she entered the Golmore Jungle, a group of Hellhounds surrounded her. A gasp escaped her lips--these were vicious fiends. She then felt something very warm against her leg. She glanced down and saw that the mysterious dagger was glowing a bright red. She grabbed the dabber and pulled it out with great force. As it touched her fingers a great spasm of light beamed out and with one great swish from Ljrn's hand, the Hellhounds were demolished.

W--what is this thing?! The dagger slowly returned to its normal state, as if it were sleeping. Realizing she had no time to waste, she quickly began her quest towards the Salikawood.

OOC: I'm not going to be using teleport crystals in my entries because I feel like you sort of lose the atmosphere of the story. However, everyone else should feel free to do it as you please!

--------------------
IPB Image
<3 my Nickling
+Quote Post

6 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th October 2019 - 03:12 PM

© Copyright 2003-2007 FFXII.Net - All Rights Reserved - Disclaimer
Final Fantasy XII, FFXII & FF12 are registered trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd.