Post #1

HISSATSU!
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2098

IPB Image

Code Geass -Lelouch of the Rebellion-

IPB Image

After a quick look on this piece of artwork above, some people may notice that it contains a similarity to some famous shoujo series. And the reason being is that the group who's behind the original charater design was Clamp. A group known for their shoujo manga/anime series (eg: Tsubasa -Reservoir Chronicle-, xxxHolic, Chobits, etc). However, instead of making it into another shoujo, this time, the writers of the series took a new approach, suppose they are aiming for audiences who loves mecha (robots) and the whole futuristic theme.

The story of Code Geass starts off with a struggle between two nations, which known as the Britannia Empire and the Elevens. The story also involves school life, mind games, violence, mild nudity, and all that other great stuff.

Interested on finding out what's all about? Check out Wikipedia or AnimeNewsNetwork

I'd recommend this show to people who enjoyed anime series like Gundam Seed and Eureka 7. Since I can see some analogies between them. (Art style)

Is there anyone on here watching and catching all the newly released episodes?

--------------------
IPB Image
Shameless advertisement - FFi Forum FAQ & Rules v2.3
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Aliko
post Mar 1 2007, 04:23 AM
Post #2

『!!!』
Group Icon

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 873

Wow, I read about it on Wikipedia and the series looks really interesting.

I find it interesting that instead of America existing, it's Britannia, as if the revolutionists in the 18th century lost to the British and Great Britain is still a massive empire.

It's like an alternate universe where Imperialism is still taking place. I really found the Age of Imperialism interesting when I studied it in school, so I think I will enjoy this anime and its storyline.

--------------------

+Glico+
[We love Wii!]
+Quote Post
silentaura
post Mar 1 2007, 07:27 AM
Post #3

HISSATSU!
Group Icon

The story background is definitely done in a very aggressive way, beginning by announcing Britannia's domination over Japan in the introduction.

Although the story is still ongoing, I find it to be unique in so many different ways not only through looking at the whole conflict between the nations, but also in characters as well. The main character Lelouch is such an interesting character to me. The guy is quite an observant, although he's a bit whinny and bossy at some parts. tongue.gif

I am still watching the anime, and so far, I'm well pleased with it. Everything just moves so dramatically in a rather fast pace.

I'm glad that you got interested! If you really like it, we could talk about the plot as well, so come drop some thoughts about it after you're done watching some eps. tongue.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Ethereal Blade
post Mar 2 2007, 12:45 AM
Post #4

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2570

Yes, I'm currently watching Code Geass myself... so far I've only gotten up to episode 14. I'll be catching myself up to episode 18 soon (I think that's what the latest episode is).

I really love it so far, and it's nice to see others that enjoy the show as well. I was actually introduced to Code Geass by the same friend of mine who introduced me to Gundam Seed/Gundam Seed Destiny. Since I'm not fully caught up yet, I guess I'd better do that before discussing anything with you guys.

I really like Lelouch as well... I'm interested to see how his character develops throughout the story. Also, I want to say that I agree in that everything moves at a very fast pace-- I like that about this anime... everything has held my attention so well. I can say there hasn't been a boring episode yet.

Anyway, that's all I'll say now, I'm interested in discussing this anime after I have gotten all caught up. biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
silentaura
post Mar 2 2007, 07:39 AM
Post #5

HISSATSU!
Group Icon

Wow, you're catching up quick man! So you're on ep.14 so far, no worries, no need to rush or anything. tongue.gif

Your friend's got a nice taste on anime as well! Although I'm not a big fan of the genre (Mecha) I remember I used to enjoy watching both Gundam Seed, and Seed Destiny.

Lelouch is one heck of an interesting character, as well as C.C. Though I think the best word to describe her would be mysterious, with some obvious reasons to back it up of course. biggrin.gif

And about episode 14.

[Spoiler Ahead]

I think it was very well done. The way it ended...man.. it really shows how Lelouch is as a character... I mean, for his main ambition, he even go as far as to erase Shirley's memory about his existence and his identity as Zero.

To me, that was so cool. xD I was really thrilled while watching that episode!

[End Spoiler]

Hmm, though apparently the latest episode that's been aired was episode 19, the last episode that I've watched was 17.5, which is like one of those flashback episodes that has been seen from Gundam Seed/Seed Destiny. xD I'm now eagerly waiting for 18 to be subbed. =D

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Ethereal Blade
post Mar 15 2007, 07:55 AM
Post #6

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

I just got done watching episode 20, and I have to say again that things are just so interesting.

[Spoilers Ahead]

Well, I guess I expected the erasing of Shirley's memory would be a much more serious situation-- not that it isn't serious, but I guess I suspected something more than "they're fighting" tongue.gif Still, I wonder how much longer that'll go on. And I guess Shirley did find that page saying that she found out who Zero is.

Also, and now we find out that Euphie knows about Lelouch, and Suzaku about Kallen... ahh, I really want to see more-- Honestly, I can't get enough of this anime. biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
silentaura
post Mar 16 2007, 12:19 AM
Post #7

HISSATSU!
Group Icon

QUOTE(Ethereal Blade @ Mar 15 2007, 12:55 AM) *
[Spoilers Ahead]

Well, I guess I expected the erasing of Shirley's memory would be a much more serious situation-- not that it isn't serious, but I guess I suspected something more than "they're fighting" tongue.gif Still, I wonder how much longer that'll go on. And I guess Shirley did find that page saying that she found out who Zero is.
Yeah, she did find out about it, though I guess she is still in a confusion state about why she cared so much about Lelouch. And I guess Lelouch is over with her now. Maybe she'll make some kind of an impact on him later on? Hmm...

QUOTE(Ethereal Blade @ Mar 15 2007, 12:55 AM) *

Also, and now we find out that Euphie knows about Lelouch, and Suzaku about Kallen... ahh, I really want to see more-- Honestly, I can't get enough of this anime. biggrin.gif
Yeah, after the encounter between L x E and S x K on that Island, everything has changed. The writers of CG is making the relationship between characters so complex that it seems that they're trying to persuade us viewers to think everyone is on the 'good' side. To be quite honest, I don't know whom to root for now... The Order of the Black Knights or the Britannia Empire.

I have a bad feeling about the relationship between Suzaku and Euphemia for some odd reason after watching ep 20, since now that Nina finally has gotten her the chance to have a conversation with Euphemia. She has a strong dislike towards the 11s, and since Suzaku is originally a Japanese. And now that he is officially Euphemia's knight. Erm...yeah, I think you'll get my point. ^^"

I'm now curious to find out more about the characters on Britannia's side, especially Schenizel. We haven't learned much about him yet.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Aliko
post Mar 27 2007, 06:02 AM
Post #8

『!!!』
Group Icon

Do any of you know a good website to see episodes of "Code Geass"?

I tried YouTube and searching on Google, but had no luck.

--------------------

+Glico+
[We love Wii!]
+Quote Post
_Balthier_
post Mar 27 2007, 05:47 PM
Post #9

Ultimate Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1254

I was about to ask the same question! But it looks interesting, i want to watch it real bad.
+Quote Post
silentaura
post Mar 29 2007, 02:10 PM
Post #10

HISSATSU!
Group Icon

QUOTE(Aliko @ Mar 26 2007, 11:02 PM) *

QUOTE(_Balthier_ @ Mar 27 2007, 10:47 AM) *
I was about to ask the same question! But it looks interesting, i want to watch it real bad.
Check your pm inbox guys.

And yeah, this anime is real interesting. I got hooked right away once I have seen the first episode.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
R-J
post Mar 30 2007, 11:47 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 6072

QUOTE(silentaura @ Mar 30 2007, 02:10 AM) *

And yeah, this anime is real interesting. I got hooked right away once I have seen the first episode.

This is one of the best anime series out this year, trust me it only gets better later on. I own the manga version and its a great read with so many interesting plot twists.

www.crunchyroll.com to watch them off but don't spread the site around the net the dudes having enough peoples with bandwidth limitations and he may start charging to watch them completely soon.
+Quote Post
Aliko
post Mar 30 2007, 02:22 PM
Post #12

『!!!』
Group Icon

QUOTE(R-J @ Mar 30 2007, 03:47 AM) *

QUOTE(silentaura @ Mar 30 2007, 02:10 AM) *

This is one of the best anime series out this year, trust me it only gets better later on. I own the manga version and its a great read with so many interesting plot twists.

www.crunchyroll.com to watch them off but don't spread the site around the net the dudes having enough peoples with bandwidth limitations and he may start charging to watch them completely soon.

Thanks. Will do.

EDIT: Saw episode 1. I enjoyed it and think this is another series I will stick to and watch like Death Note.

This post has been edited by Aliko: Mar 31 2007, 06:13 PM

--------------------

+Glico+
[We love Wii!]
+Quote Post
Ethereal Blade
post Apr 7 2007, 04:18 AM
Post #13

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Okay, well I've been gone awhile, but I've finally managed to catch up on the episodes recently (up to 23).

I'm glad some others here are interested in this anime as well-- if any of you are still debating on whether or not to watch Code Geass, you should definately watch it! I highly recommend it!

So after watching episode 23, I can't stop thinking about what's going to happen now (well of course, I'm always wondering, but you know... biggrin.gif ).

I guess I'd better mark all this info well.

[Spoilers Ahead]

So... they actually killed off Euphie. Despite the fact that I've seen anime characters die before, I was surprised to find how down I really felt after she died. Maybe it was because of how innocent she was... or maybe how she is now hated by tons of people. It's a shame, really. However, this of course is allowing for some very interesting changes in the show. Suzuku has changed no doubt-- I'm finding his newfound hatred very intriguing.

Also, what about this VV? I wonder if he could supply Suzuku with a Geass as well (like CC to Lelouch)? Also concerning him... I never did realize before that we had some very quick glimpses of VV in earlier episodes... I guess I wasn't all that observant.

I don't know if I want to put it this way, but Lelouch has become quite... evil? No, maybe that's not the right word. I'm sure what I want to get at, but still-- I'm finding his character quite interesting. I wonder what he will do now, that his Geass has become uncontrollable... I guess he won't be able to show his face to anyone, anymore-- unless of course he wants to use Geass... or if it's CC.

And there are still others I'm keeping my eye on... Schenizel (we still don't know very much about him), Nina (I was certain she would crack if Euphie died), and others like Shirley and Jerimiah (Shirley still knows about Lelouch being Zero, and Jerimiah has finally "awaken" it seems).

[End Spoilers]

I still can't believe we have to wait awhile for episodes 24 and 25...
+Quote Post
silentaura
post Apr 7 2007, 05:41 AM
Post #14

HISSATSU!
Group Icon

And here goes my two cents about how I feel up until now:

I'm really sick of seeing Zero dominating everything so far, however there's no turning back for him as he has made so many calamities already. He even declared Japan's independence now, I found that to be lame, but things must go on, I guess. Geass isn't all that "absolute" after all. We've learned the fact that side effects will come along with it as we have seen what happened to Mao.

what about this VV?
His first appearance was only during a couple of seconds in ep.23. He speaks in a straight forwarded way and made a quick introduction to Suzaku. My prediction is that his existence would become a disadvantage to Lelouch in the coming future, along with his best friend Suzaku, who is now engrossed with anger, and as well as Jeremiah who seems to be a living threat now.

Ah right, the next two episodes won't be released until this summer. Hoping this cliffhanger won't left us disappointed. ^^"

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Ethereal Blade
post Apr 7 2007, 06:07 AM
Post #15

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(silentaura @ Apr 7 2007, 12:41 AM) *

what about this VV?
His first appearance was only during a couple of seconds in ep.23. He speaks in a straight forwarded way and made a quick introduction to Suzaku. My prediction is that his existence would become a disadvantage to Lelouch in the coming future, along with his best friend Suzaku, who is now engrossed with anger, and as well as Jeremiah who seems to be a living threat now.

Oh, 23 was his first appearance? Er... I guess I must have been mistaken then... I was sure that we have seen a glimpse of him earlier... (episode 18 comes to mind, near the end). Unless you mean his first "real" appearance-- I suppose (if I am in fact not crazy) what I mentioned shouldn't really be considered an appearance. Oh well, I suppose it doesn't really matter, but I guess I'll check on this later (just out of curiousity tongue.gif ).

And about Zero... I also think he is a little too dominant right now-- so far he hasn't really had any real setbacks as far as I'm concerned (even after things went wrong with Euphie, he still managed to use the situation to his advantage). I haven't really been annoyed by this yet, but I will be if it stays this one-sided for very much longer. Maybe the fact that his Geass is uncontrollable now will cause problems, or something-- we just need the tables to be turned some.
+Quote Post
silentaura
post Apr 7 2007, 06:32 AM
Post #16

HISSATSU!
Group Icon

QUOTE(Ethereal Blade @ Apr 6 2007, 11:07 PM) *
Oh, 23 was his first appearance? Er... I guess I must have been mistaken then... I was sure that we have seen a glimpse of him earlier... (episode 18 comes to mind, near the end). Unless you mean his first "real" appearance-- I suppose (if I am in fact not crazy) what I mentioned shouldn't really be considered an appearance. Oh well, I suppose it doesn't really matter, but I guess I'll check on this later (just out of curiousity tongue.gif ).
Oh, you are correct. He did indeed appeared in the end of ep.18 where Schenizel was about to throw an attack from his Avalon. Though it's more a flash of showing him standing there witnessing the event. Yeah, by saying first appearance, I meant like where he first spoke and things along that line. Whoops. tongue.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
firey chronicles
post Jul 21 2007, 01:00 AM
Post #17

Member No.: 8562

I've watched everything up to the hitaus. when are they releasing it again? I heard it was soon
+Quote Post
silentaura
post Aug 3 2007, 05:12 AM
Post #18

HISSATSU!
Group Icon

Finally the series is up broadcasting again now in Japan. Currently episodes 24-25 is up for download for those who are interested.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Saiyuki
post Jan 25 2008, 05:58 AM
Post #19

Super-Awesome Member

Member No.: 868

Reading this thread makes me remember the ending of Code Geass.

I hate cliff hanger endings D:

Does anyone know when the next season is slated to air? Or have they even announced it yet?

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
silentaura
post Jan 25 2008, 06:32 AM
Post #20

HISSATSU!
Group Icon

QUOTE(Saiyuki @ Jan 24 2008, 09:58 PM) *

I hate cliff hanger endings D:

Haha. It's a marketing strategy. It did sparked alot of different theories from spectators though. Regrading on the 'final showdown' scene. I can't say that I hate it. It just increases my anxiousness/hype though. xD

QUOTE(Saiyuki @ Jan 24 2008, 09:58 PM) *

Does anyone know when the next season is slated to air? Or have they even announced it yet?

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/2944/season2strapvu8.jpg

Based on this scan, the second season will be up after the current Gundam 00. Around April so it seems.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th September 2018 - 03:50 PM

Copyright 2003-2007 FFXII.Net - All Rights Reserved - Disclaimer
Final Fantasy XII, FFXII & FF12 are registered trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd.