Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Miyazaki's next film revealed!, Unique art design, can't wait!
Delusive
post Mar 23 2007, 10:40 PM
Post #1

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 2987

Miyazaki's Next Revealed
New anime to use a handpainted look.
by Paul Davidson

March 20, 2007 - The next animated feature by acclaimed Japanese filmmaker Hayao Miyazaki has at last been revealed. It turns out the Chinese media got it wrong; it is not based on the book I Lost My Little Boy. Instead, Miyazaki's new project, top secret until now, will be an original story called Gake no Ue no Ponyo, which translated into English means "Ponyo on top of the cliff."

Miyazaki's work is among the most prominent in the world-leading Japanese animation industry, with hugely popular adventures like Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away to his credit. A strong fantasy theme runs through most of his work, and Ponyo looks like it will be pushing the boundaries of anime further yet, as Miyazaki plans to give the entire production a watercolor, hand-painted look.

The story behind Gake no Ue no Ponyo involves a goldfish princess named Ponyo who befriends a five-year-old boy and wishes to become human herself. Miyazaki himself wrote the script, basing the boy's character on his own grandson.

The film is expected in theaters in mid-2008, most likely in Japan first where his films tend to clobber the charts. Stay tuned for more!

http://movies.ign.com/articles/774/774137p1.html

As some may know, I'm not a huge fan of anime. There are the few exceptions and one that stands out is Miyazaki's work. This will hopefully be no exception that rule (meaning that I should like it).

If it'll only come to the States soon, here comes the waiting!

--------------------
Most Anticipated Title(s): Mass Effect and Lost Odyssey
Now Playing: Halo 3, Blue Dragon, Call of Duty 2, and Gears of War
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
firey chronicles
post Jul 21 2007, 01:02 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 8562

omg really? I hupe it's actually good this time. His son's Tales of the Earthsea apparently was really bad (I've yet to watch it).

I hope it's not like Howl's moving castle, I don't want to watch a granny (no offense to seniors)
+Quote Post
aorin
post Aug 9 2007, 05:20 PM
Post #3

~ ♥ Double Trouble ♥ ~

Member No.: 2129

I've watched a documentary which shows the progress of this movie. And I can honestly say, I can't wait till this movie makes it to the screen.

And I don't think either Tales of Earthsea and Howl's Moving Castle was bad at all. But it wasn't exactly loyal to the book either, considering I've read both books, but still it wasn't that disappointing as most people tend to make it. I could name some really bad japanese movies immediately and Studio Ghibli's shows would definitely won't be in the list. Though I do agree that the latest Ghibli movies tend to loose the magical and deep feeling that the older movies have.

Laputa, Castle in the Air and Sen to Chihiro Kami Kakushi is still my all time favourite though. And no matter how bad is the movie, I think their soundtracks are always worth purchasing.

Lastly, it was quite cute to see Miyazaki to inspired by the Ride of the Valkyries by Wagner when he sketch one of the more momentous scenes in the latest movie.

--------------------
+Quote Post
scratchnloved
post Aug 9 2007, 05:21 PM
Post #4

Ultimate Member

Member No.: 8848

miyazaki is making a new one shok.gif
Finally tongue.gif
I can't wait...

--------------------
+Quote Post
BohemianAndy
post Aug 9 2007, 05:32 PM
Post #5

Dentist brah
Group Icon

Member No.: 1071

I'm a close fan of Studio Ghibli and what Hayao Miyazaki has done for the industry. His films are amazing, and are in a league of their own. Disney can't touch Spirited Away.

Despite how the story may sound like its aimed at younger audiences, there are always themes in Miyazaki's films that lots of people from different ages can relate to. And from the sound of the film's progress so far, I can't wait until it gets released next year.

--------------------
<3 FT//GRG2//Sarah
+Quote Post
Aliko
post Aug 10 2007, 01:34 AM
Post #6

『!!!』
Group Icon

Member No.: 873

Ooh, I can't wait until it's out! I'm also a fan of Miyazaki. I enjoy not only the themes, but also the animation/style of his work.

QUOTE(BohemianAndy @ Aug 9 2007, 10:32 AM) *

I'm a close fan of Studio Ghibli and what Hayao Miyazaki has done for the industry. His films are amazing, and are in a league of their own. Disney can't touch Spirited Away.

I agree, Spirited Away is one of my favorites.

--------------------

+Glico+
[We love Wii!]
+Quote Post
Delusive
post Sep 9 2007, 02:16 AM
Post #7

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2987

QUOTE(BohemianAndy @ Aug 9 2007, 05:32 PM) *

Disney can't touch Spirited Away.

I'm not sure I can agree with that - at least with past Disney anyway, although Modern Disney is starting to show signs of potential (I can see why too, now that Michael Eisner is gone and Pixar is pushing Disney back to the 2D age, ironically).

With that said, Spirited Away is great, no doubt.

--------------------
Most Anticipated Title(s): Mass Effect and Lost Odyssey
Now Playing: Halo 3, Blue Dragon, Call of Duty 2, and Gears of War
+Quote Post
Larien
post Sep 16 2007, 04:55 AM
Post #8

MY HEART DRAWS A DREAM...
Group Icon

Member No.: 901

Ooh, I'm excited! I love Miyazaki's films.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Ringo
post Jan 14 2008, 03:26 AM
Post #9

* POKE *

Member No.: 2467

hmmm interesting...hope to see it soon. His style's pretty cute.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd June 2018 - 11:33 PM

Copyright 2003-2007 FFXII.Net - All Rights Reserved - Disclaimer
Final Fantasy XII, FFXII & FF12 are registered trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd.