Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

37 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Something about you that people don't know., Like, dislikes, or anything completely r
fierytempest
post Apr 28 2007, 10:13 PM
Post #1

I've got rain in my veins
Group Icon

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 8127

I thought this was a good topic. I searched and got nothing. I have all these random things about me that no one knows, and I figure everyone else does too. So what are they?

Here's mine:

I have a deep loathing of recliner chairs. Not the chair itself...that's fine. But when people actually recline in them. I don't know why. It drives me crazy. blink.gif

This post has been edited by Princess Garnet: Apr 28 2007, 10:14 PM

--------------------
I am done with my graceless heart
So tonight I'm gonna cut it out and then restart
I like to keep my issue drawn
It's always darkest before the dawn

Xii<3
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
fat_moogle
post Apr 29 2007, 01:55 AM
Post #2

:DD:
Group Icon

Member No.: 1626

I hate loud eaters shok.gif

And people who drink loudly...that gulp every thing.

It is soooo annoying, Really, it is.

--------------------
IPB Image

<3 Married to the amazingly awesome, perfect, and beautiful PG & LL <3
+Quote Post
Nick
post Apr 29 2007, 02:03 AM
Post #3

The Captain
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 646

Its never about me. I was given a shouting at tonight by an old friend because i was brooding on someone esle's problems. Apparently I go out of my way to make people's problems my own and to those not involved it is apparently really annoying.

Kinda still coming to terms with that. Was given quite the telling off. sad.gif

--------------------
The damnation of Faust. Man sells his soul to the devil. All ends in tears, these arrangements usually do.
Married to my MUCH LOVED Drunken Pirating Wench Michiko
+Quote Post
Noah fon Ronsenburg
post Apr 29 2007, 02:09 AM
Post #4

Royal Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 8200

I dislike crowds. Which is a problem, since I live in a very crowded city. If I go out for an hour or so, by the time I come when I feel like I have to take a hot shower and scrub my skin until it's like sunburn red.

I thought it might be because I'm crazy, but it couldn't be that. People in general are just filthy.

--------------------
IPB Image
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Xiitharn
post Apr 29 2007, 02:29 AM
Post #5

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1134

i hate to be racist, but sometimes i seriously hate asian people >_> more like, i hate complete stupidity from people, and usually they're the ones being stupid.

my sister annoys the crap out of me too; she comes home and all she does is bitch. everything out of her mouth is something to bitch about.

MISSED CALLS ON MY PHONE I HATE BECAUSE I DONT HAVE FUCKING CALLER ID SO THEN I DON'T KNOW WHO IS TRYING TO CALL ME URG

& cotton balls. will. always. hate. those.

--------------------
QUOTE(Nick @ May 5 2007, 04:05 PM) *
go Roger yourself with a Tuba you flappy-headed Canuck - your humour is hideous and your gayness knows no bounds!
+Quote Post
Noah fon Ronsenburg
post Apr 29 2007, 02:35 AM
Post #6

Royal Member

Just for the sake of asking, why do you dislike Asians? Do they do something that bothers you like no other races does?

I dislike thugs, reguardless of race. They're all equal...Equally annoying as all hell.

This post has been edited by Noah fon Ronsenburg: Apr 29 2007, 02:36 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Xiitharn
post Apr 29 2007, 02:37 AM
Post #7

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1134

hmm. the ones that don't speak english & don't understand that you're not supposed to cross the street when you have a green light...stuff like that. it's sheer stupidity.

i feel bad for mentioning it now..i guess i should say i hate sheer stupidity instead.

and i just realised that ignorance is something else that i hate.

oh, and DVD cases. do we really need 5 stickers on each side, plastic wrap and some cardboard to get to the dvd?

--------------------
QUOTE(Nick @ May 5 2007, 04:05 PM) *
go Roger yourself with a Tuba you flappy-headed Canuck - your humour is hideous and your gayness knows no bounds!
+Quote Post
Noah fon Ronsenburg
post Apr 29 2007, 02:41 AM
Post #8

Royal Member

I wasn't hassling you. You were just vague.

--------------------
IPB Image
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Turquoise Reed
post Apr 29 2007, 03:37 AM
Post #9

MidnightBlue
Group Icon

Member No.: 1674

I don't neccessarily hate asians, but it's just the ones around here I despise (no offense to any asians, just hear me out on this one).

For instance, the ones at school fit all the following descriptions:

-Completely antisocial and lacking entirely in social skills or self-esteem

-Hang out in one gigantic cluster in one part of the school and never venture anywhere else

-Go around calling white people 'bules' as if we didn't know what it meant

-Think that because they get exemplary scores in subjects like calculus and computing that since they're intelligent they don't need to bother with anything else in life that isn't concerned with studying and playing online games, and feel that people who play sports and partake in extra-cirriculum activities are failures in life

-Make no effort to even try to fit into society

-Refuse to practise english, and are unwilling to make friends with people who aren't asian

-Apply stereotypes to people and as such feel that Australians couldn't possibly be as intelligent as they are

There's more, but I'll stop before I turn this thread into a hate topic. Like I said, I'm not saying I've got anything against asians in general, in fact, most asians leanr to get along just fine. But when peope fit the above descriptions, I feel more than obliged to step in and tell them to get their antisocial asses in line.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
BohemianAndy
post Apr 29 2007, 03:44 AM
Post #10

Dentist brah
Group Icon

Member No.: 1071

^ I agree about your generalized statement of Asians not socializing as much as they could do. But its also a cultural matter. We live in a westernized society that is very individualist, and hence encourages people to be more out-spoken and extroverted. Asian societies are more group-oriented and more conscious about others, so they are more quiet and introverted. It really bugs me too when I see Asian kids at Uni that just hang around themselves and don't really integrate with other people...

I'm Indian and have been raised in this country, so I've developed values that are quite different to Asian kids that are from overseas who are studying here.

-Think that because they get exemplary scores in subjects like calculus and computing that since they're intelligent they don't need to bother with anything else in life that isn't concerned with studying and playing online games, and feel that people who play sports and partake in extra-cirriculum activities are failures in life

Yes...that stereotype is quite common amongst the academic elitist types at school. This reminds me of the videogame "Bully" tongue.gif

QUOTE(fat_moogle @ Apr 29 2007, 09:55 AM) *

I hate loud eaters shok.gif

I hate people that eat with their mouths wide open and chew loudly too ph34r.gif Makes me feel like stuffing their mouth with all the food on their plate, so they can finish eating quickly xD

--------------------
<3 FT//GRG2//Sarah
+Quote Post
andrzej
post Apr 29 2007, 04:05 AM
Post #11

Big Boss
Group Icon

Member No.: 345

I pretty much hate everything and everyone

{i don't discriminate, i'm equal opportunity loathing} xD

--------------------
last.fm
mgs4 has come and gone... oh how the time flies

♥SNAKE ARE YOU INFECTED WITH FOXDIE?
...BECAUSE I JUST FELT MY HEART STOP

NET WIKI! & NET-AE
+Quote Post
Balthier's Girl
post Apr 29 2007, 04:39 AM
Post #12

............♥............
Group Icon

Member No.: 5635

I hate feet. They're disgusting. Cover your feet with sexay boots, plz.

--------------------
IPB Image
Über Emo Wife of *Garland* // fireytempest's temptress
Mystical Inferno's Angelinaest Wifey // Kajutsa's Foxy Fellating Wifey
~ OLD SIG BY INHERT WHO ISN'T EVEN HERE ANYMORE ~

Ethereal Blade's Super Secret Wife
+Quote Post
Alienguru
post Apr 29 2007, 04:59 AM
Post #13

Royal Member

Member No.: 7848

Well, I really don't like the self-centered people who are big-time attention whores. Steal the spotlight from them for a couple minutes, and they go ballistic. Two-faced people can go to hell as well.
Umm.. I feel most comfortable around people who're pretty laid back and don't look down on everyone else. I'd love to smack those types of people who think they're better just cause they have more friends than you.

And about the Asians thing. Well, I can see where you're getting that from, cause they act like that in my college, too. But my brothers are married to Japanese women and they're nice, but they think they're better than everyone and are free of mistakes.

--------------------
IPB Image
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IPB Image
Imperial Judge Guru
*Part of the Imperial Judge Family*
+Quote Post
silentaura
post Apr 29 2007, 05:44 AM
Post #14

HISSATSU!
Group Icon

Member No.: 2098

I'm Asian, and I am certain that I am not racist, though I am an ethnocentric who is currently on recover. I tend to avoid unnecessary communications and activities towards people who are not Asian, or anyone that I feel to be uncomfortable with, the reason being you wonder? The word "inequality" came to mind. I don't mind having non Asian friends, but I fear that they would mistreat me not like their fondness of friends of their own race, national heritage, etc.

The way I make friends is through a very complex and a slow process, it is through out on a long observation and interaction with the person that I hoping to be friend with. And during these slow, observed interactions while revealing my personality to the person, if I see they appreciate my "unsual" behaviors from my cultural practice that I gained from my home country, which I would never abandon, then I would be more then likely to be a friend with him/her, regardless what their race, national heritage is. I do this because I like to secure myself from troubles dealing with friendship and such, call me a narrow-minded person if you like. I just like to take my time wisely when it comes to selecting people to be friends with.

Just to stick with the topic, for those of you who don't know, I dislike racist people.

--------------------
IPB Image
Shameless advertisement - FFi Forum FAQ & Rules v2.3
+Quote Post
Aliko
post Apr 29 2007, 06:53 AM
Post #15

『!!!』
Group Icon

Member No.: 873

^ Hehe... I take a while to pick friends too. I'm too judgmental.

I'm a twin. We're fraternal twins, but everyone thinks we're identical since we look very similar. We're going to separate colleges next year and I can't wait!

I like my twin brother, but I can finally feel like an individual. Since we have the same friends, I'm with him a lot. At least I don't have to share a room or computer with him...

------

There are many Asian people where I live and many of my friends are Asian (Chinese and Taiwanese to be exact...), so I have nothing against Asian people.

--------------------

+Glico+
[We love Wii!]
+Quote Post
B.Valentine
post Apr 29 2007, 07:14 AM
Post #16

But you're so supreme!!!
Group Icon

Member No.: 2037

X3

i dislike the smell of dirt after it has rained...its simply..disgusting and annoying

i like tape..its one of my many"obsessions"..also i love magnets! OMG magnets! what else!?...mmm...my fav. color of pen is red....

--------------------
IPB Image
t.a.
+Quote Post
silentaura
post Apr 29 2007, 09:14 AM
Post #17

HISSATSU!
Group Icon

Member No.: 2098

QUOTE(Aliko @ Apr 28 2007, 11:53 PM) *
I see nothing wrong with being extra picky when it comes to selecting friends. I see it as a way to prevent having bad relationship problems to occur in the future. It's the same concept of searching for that "special someone" to marry to.

so I have nothing against Asian people.
You know what bothers me lately? Just after the disturbing news of the mass killing that takes place in Virginia Tech recently, I have detected that a few of my college professors and colleagues suddenly acting weirdly respectful to me, giving me strange eye contacts like I'm some sort of an alienated individual who is unfamiliar with the American culture. I was quite uncomfortable because of it. I suppose they act that way is because they heard about that senseless, idiotic murderer who committed the crime just happens to be an Asian.

P.S: Good luck next year with college, Aliko! ^^

--------------------
IPB Image
Shameless advertisement - FFi Forum FAQ & Rules v2.3
+Quote Post
BohemianAndy
post Apr 29 2007, 09:18 AM
Post #18

Dentist brah
Group Icon

Member No.: 1071

QUOTE(silentaura @ Apr 29 2007, 05:14 PM) *

I see nothing wrong with being extra picky when it comes to selecting friends. I see it as a way to prevent having bad relationships problems to occur in the future. It's the same concept of searching for that "special someone" to marry to.

I agree with selecting your friends wisely too. A good example is that topic that LJ posted about a Perth girl being slain by her 2 best friends. She obviously wasn't careful enough, and got the worst consequence.

--------------------
<3 FT//GRG2//Sarah
+Quote Post
Alienguru
post Apr 29 2007, 10:01 AM
Post #19

Royal Member

Member No.: 7848

Yeah.. you want a friend who you can trust.

I try to choose my friends wisely. I've grown apart from the last two friends I had because they've become really self-centered. I can't deal with people who look down on others just because they have something better. Especially when that person's an artist.. and really good at drawing. Just cause they draw good, doesn't mean they need to hate someone who draws better or draws worse.

This post has been edited by Alienguru: Apr 29 2007, 10:02 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IPB Image
Imperial Judge Guru
*Part of the Imperial Judge Family*
+Quote Post
Inhert
post Apr 29 2007, 11:12 AM
Post #20

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 804

I hate ignorence and stupidity, I hate people who can't see that they're not perfect. I can't stand people who don't socialize and talk mutually when passing, especially those who just stare at the floor, like I'm going to eat them alive if they just say hi or something.

I also share a dislike for Asians/Other Immigrants (1/60th of our population) who can't speak English well but get decent jobs. For example, our house warden can hardly speak English. We're stood around him trying to ask if we're allowed a BBQ and he can't even fucking understand, yet we have to inform him. When he tells us important information no one ever understands either, we all just stare at each other grinning.

and our co-warden is Vietnamese ... language barrier overload.

/rant
+Quote Post

37 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2018 - 12:08 AM

© Copyright 2003-2007 FFXII.Net - All Rights Reserved - Disclaimer
Final Fantasy XII, FFXII & FF12 are registered trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd.