post Aug 1 2007, 01:13 AM
Post #21

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 955

My Entry:

IPB Image

I'm a bit rusty since I haven't done any Photoshop for a long time, but oh well. The more entries the better, no matter what right? smile.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Xiitharn
post Aug 1 2007, 02:25 AM
Post #22

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 1134

thanks ki, it's really appreciated. ^^

--------------------
QUOTE(Nick @ May 5 2007, 04:05 PM) *
go Roger yourself with a Tuba you flappy-headed Canuck - your humour is hideous and your gayness knows no bounds!
+Quote Post
Binibini
post Aug 1 2007, 09:23 PM
Post #23

Bini
Group Icon

Member No.: 9062

Gah. I wish this contest could be done all in one day. xP

I'm way excited.

--------------------
irockbitch
+Quote Post
Xiitharn
post Aug 1 2007, 09:42 PM
Post #24

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

^ i'm glad you are; this has to be the most productive sotw we've had in a while x)

--------------------
go Roger yourself with a Tuba you flappy-headed Canuck - your humour is hideous and your gayness knows no bounds!
+Quote Post
Inhert
post Aug 1 2007, 10:17 PM
Post #25

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 804

*entry
IPB Image
+Quote Post
silentaura
post Aug 1 2007, 11:05 PM
Post #26

HISSATSU!
Group Icon

Member No.: 2098

I've slightly updated mine since I see some strong competitors in here.

(Jayhawk + K.I + Inhert) wink.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
Shameless advertisement - FFi Forum FAQ & Rules v2.3
+Quote Post
andrzej
post Aug 2 2007, 12:48 AM
Post #27

Big Boss
Group Icon

Member No.: 345

attack!
IPB Image

--------------------
last.fm
mgs4 has come and gone... oh how the time flies

♥SNAKE ARE YOU INFECTED WITH FOXDIE?
...BECAUSE I JUST FELT MY HEART STOP

NET WIKI! & NET-AE
+Quote Post
Jayhawk
post Aug 2 2007, 01:28 AM
Post #28

{ FF-ILLUMINA.NET }
Group Icon

Member No.: 439

Damn it andrzej!

I should have posted mine last, so no one would have a benchmark to go by. I love instilling fear into other competitors even more, though. tongue.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
silentaura
post Aug 2 2007, 02:27 AM
Post #29

HISSATSU!
Group Icon

Not that I'm fearing anyone here, it's just it would seem rude if I don't participate with my full potential here with you guys. Damn, I've got to learn how to make great c4d blends (or w/e) like andrzej. That looks awesome!

HAHAHA, you know what would been more funny though? Imagine all of us participants went interchange our entries as the voting process starts. I bet people would be like " Whoa, WTF?" xD

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Xiitharn
post Aug 2 2007, 03:29 AM
Post #30

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

xDDDDD

i'm guilty of an entry change too (hee)

--------------------
+Quote Post
Jayhawk
post Aug 2 2007, 03:42 AM
Post #31

{ FF-ILLUMINA.NET }
Group Icon

Maybe next time we should just PM our entries to the topic host? It'd be more exciting that way I think.

But that'd mean the the host couldn't participate.

And I'm not going to interchange mine. I have supreme confidence in my concept. And dignity. laugh.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
andrzej
post Aug 2 2007, 03:46 AM
Post #32

Big Boss
Group Icon

Member No.: 345

there should be a rule: no switching sigs after replying

--------------------
last.fm
mgs4 has come and gone... oh how the time flies

♥SNAKE ARE YOU INFECTED WITH FOXDIE?
...BECAUSE I JUST FELT MY HEART STOP

NET WIKI! & NET-AE
+Quote Post
silentaura
post Aug 2 2007, 04:08 AM
Post #33

HISSATSU!
Group Icon

I totally agree with andrzej. As being a moderator, I will be informing the next person who is responsible with the next Sotw about putting this rule in.

I like the idea of host being able to participate also. Hmm... would they gain advantage for knowing the theme before all of us though? Meh.

Anyways, seems like Inhert is still lagging here with his entry xD It should be fine with interchanging in this round. But this will be the last... I hope.

Sorry about this interruption.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Jayhawk
post Aug 2 2007, 04:20 AM
Post #34

{ FF-ILLUMINA.NET }
Group Icon

But if people just edit their sigs and upload them as the same file, how will we know if they changed it to gain an advantage?

I still like the idea of PMing it to the host so no one will have an advantage. And we can always just have a non-graphical mod host these if everyone here would still like to participate. Either that, or force the winner of the previous contest to host the next, therefore taking them out of the playing field and allowing someone else to have a chance.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Snake
post Aug 2 2007, 04:25 AM
Post #35

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 955

andrzej now that just ain't fair.

I am too lazy to change my entry, and it's almost the 2nd anyways.
+Quote Post
silentaura
post Aug 2 2007, 04:36 AM
Post #36

HISSATSU!
Group Icon

QUOTE(Jayhawk @ Aug 1 2007, 09:20 PM) *

But if people just edit their sigs and upload them as the same file, how will we know if they changed it to gain an advantage?

I still like the idea of PMing it to the host so no one will have an advantage. And we can always just have a non-graphical mod host these if everyone here would still like to participate. Either that, or force the winner of the previous contest to host the next, therefore taking them out of the playing field and allowing someone else to have a chance.

People who know they would violate the rule shouldn't be participating in the first place.

Fair or unfair, it all depends on the host. If the host doesn't like drastic changes, then he/she may enforce this rule. Otherwise, people are free to make 'improvements' as the time not being restricted.

It is natural for a participant to feel an unbalancedness when others starts editing their entries, for that it could meant plagiarism.

All I'll say is it's all up to the host. But I however, like andrzej's suggestion. But likewise, as you said, the right of artist having privacy top this. (with the PMing system) But I guess with this, host couldn't participate due to the fact that other's work would be exposed to the him/her.

It's the host's decision for choosing the right regulations, let's leave it at that.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Jayhawk
post Aug 2 2007, 05:20 AM
Post #37

{ FF-ILLUMINA.NET }
Group Icon

Can't ever rely on people to not violate the rule, especially if it may be someone's first time participating. And if they modify their entry it's basically impossible to catch, unless someone notices.

I think it should be more regulated, like the "official" SOTW topic, and I think there should always be a set of rules in place. The host should just be the one to make the topic and set the theme. I'm pushing for some organization here. And if people don't like those official rules they should just start another "un-official" competition. This forum should have more than just two (if that) going on anyway.

And I still like the idea of forcing the winner of the previous contest to host the next, therefore taking them out of the playing field and allowing someone else to have a chance. They make the topic, chose the theme, and accept entries via PM and post them all in the voting topic after the deadline. That way, not just anyone can host the competition, and it becomes more organized that way. Plus it will prevent any one person from sweeping the contest week after week (since they host after every win).

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
silentaura
post Aug 2 2007, 05:42 AM
Post #38

HISSATSU!
Group Icon

But there is a miss with your suggestion. What happens if the host is not punctual enough to file in entries for voting and left irresponsibly? The entries cant be seen, and to get another substitute host would take up another PMing process once again...

Too slow IMO.

Since all results in these SOTW are the same. People will choose their winner, and only one would be announced, thats all to it. I don't like things to be made more complicated.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Xiitharn
post Aug 2 2007, 05:44 AM
Post #39

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

i agree with you guys, but people should still be allowed to change their entry before the deadline, even if the pm method is introduced -- that way their indecisiveness isn't caused by seeing someones entry whos is (in their opinion) better than theirs.

the art competition was a good example - submitting by pm seemed to have worked well & kept the suspense going. it'd be nice to see another big competition like that happen soon, but i doubt inhert would be up to it xD

the winner of every sotw deserves the privilege of picking the next theme & handling the entries and so on. consider it a prize laugh.gif

^ that is true...look at sotw #8 - the host was here & then gone without a trace. i think it would have to be agreed upon by general consensus that the winner can handle the deadlines & be punctual with everything, otherwise we will have to take action with sticks and so on.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Jayhawk
post Aug 2 2007, 05:50 AM
Post #40

{ FF-ILLUMINA.NET }
Group Icon

I'm not saying it would be more complicated--it'd be exactly the same, except that you PM your entry instead of post it.

If you don't think member hosts would be punctual, we could always have a moderator (that doesn't usually participate in SOTW) start all of the topics and take all of the entries. They're supposed to be active on the forums anyway. Then the winner, upon being announced the winner, will select the theme for the next week. And if they don't decide on time then the moderator who's hosting the contest will just decide. No hassles, and themes might even be more interesting coming from a non-artistic host.

I just think that the rules should ALWAYS be the same and the entries shouldn't be shown while others are still submitting. Seeing someone else and trying to outdo them gives you an upper hand, rather than if everyone submitted theirs blindly with no specific entry to beat. It'd be more fair that way, especially to those of us who submitted earlier on.

EDIT: And that would make editing sigs acceptable, since it wouldn't be due to trying to gain the upper hand, as Xiitharn mentioned. If we couldn't edit our sigs, and we find a minute error or something (I always do), then we're screwed. Not that anyone would even notice the small details, but at least it'd be acceptable rather than an act of (basically) cheating.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd September 2018 - 03:04 PM

Copyright 2003-2007 FFXII.Net - All Rights Reserved - Disclaimer
Final Fantasy XII, FFXII & FF12 are registered trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd.