Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Midnight Kisses, My new work of literature
Jhei_Em
post Nov 11 2007, 04:39 AM
Post #1

One of the founders of the Choco Empire
Group Icon

Group: Senior Members
From: Hogwarts, Smallville, Balamb, Gaia (that's my address!)
Member No.: 1643

I just started writing a yaoi novel the past month... and here it is! Hope you enjoy! Just leave comments, criticism and stuff like that. =P

(NOTE: The numbers represent page numbers.)

Midnight Kisses

Chapter One- Raindrops

I sat near the window pane staring out into the darkness of the sky. Raindrops kept falling and the weather grew worse by the second. I was stuck in that room withoutanywhere to go; my window was usually my escape route from my house. Each passing day made me wish that I could just go away and never come back; that is how much I didn’t like my family. However, one step outside the window wasn’t a good idea that moment as lightning ravaged the skies. I had to sit and wait for something to happen… something…

Tick… tock… tick… tock… crash…

Slight pain surged through my body as I realized I had fallen into the floor from my seating by the window. I had fallen asleep for some long minutes, and as I glanced at the clock, it was already quarter past five. It was still a long way before dinner, as we usually ate at seven o’clock sharp. No more minute later.

The weather was still the same as it had been before. Still finding no way out, I slumped myself in front of my computer full of viruses. I pressed the power button and waited for it to load slowly… very slowly. My sister fiddled with it just the other day and went into loads of websites that I didn’t even want to know. She was only ten, and already losing her innocence. What a funny thing that was: innocence.

Vivid flashbacks about the day before flooded my mind. I was walking through a road, lonely and feeling down, when I came upon a… BOOM! A resounding noise throughout the house interrupted my train of thoughts. What was that? Panic started to rise from my mind as I scrambled to make sure that the door was locked (of course, when you’re in a situation like me, you would always keep your door locked). Whatever it was, or whoever it was, could be dangerous. I called out from my room.

“Who’s there?”

Another BOOM answered my question.

I waited for a few more seconds before I shouted out again.

“Don’t worry its okay! There’s nothing to worry about! Your father just had to shoot a mouse! They say there’s a disease that’s been going around with these filthy mice!” yelled my mother with a disgusted tone. “It’s safe now!”

They interrupted my thoughts just to shoot a mouse? Whatever… As all was quiet and still once more (at least in the house), I went back to the computer to see if it has already loaded into my account. Sadly, the power was turned off, probably because of the stupid virus. I didn’t bother to turn it on again, so soon after I found myself lying on my bed yet again and staring at my empty, white ceiling. Why have I never thought of putting any posters in it? The blankness of my surroundings caused my deep well of thoughts to resurface again...

The day before... I remembered. I was walking through a road, the usual road I walked on, lonely and feeling down, when I came upon a guy who was sitting on a big rock and staring out into the sea. The road was just near the ocean, and the sunset provided a beautiful view to anyone who passed by. Radiant beams from the sun lit up his light complexion even more. I didn’t know who he was, yet I wondered why he was there… sitting alone. Usually, the rock he was seated on has been always my place to occupy when I was depressed; but that day, it wasn’t vacant.

I was forced to retire on a much smaller rock about a few feet away from him. For a moment, we watched the sunset until night crept in and the evening breeze swept. When we finally felt the chill sink completely to our skins, both of us got up and walked away in opposite directions. No one said a word; we were strangers to each other after all.

That place always made me feel innocent. Maybe it was of the fact that I always didn’t know anyone who went to that place, making me feel like a little child who got separated from his family during a trip down the mall or a fun-filled carnival… I always liked feeling young, because then, I wouldn’t worry about who I really was, or what was my purpose in the world, or why does everything happen the way they happen…

My mind blanked out once more as I fell through a vacuum of darkness.

And then, I was floating. A dim light gradually surrounded my serene body in midair. Raindrops began to fall from above, yet no matter how heavy the rain seemed to drop, my body was only soaked like being amidst a gentle fog. Echoes of footsteps soon followed, and it came from a figure that suddenly appeared out of nowhere. Its face was not seen, yet the shape was familiar…

“Jiro… delusional… Jiro… you are… nothing… not for me…”

The distorted voice kept repeating the same phrase over and over. After it seemed like a hundred times had passed, the voice slowly faded out of tune. Silence befell around me, yet the feeling it gave was no better than hearing the voice repeat the words. My body struggled to find light; an exit out of the seemingly endless darkness… yet, there was no solid ground to walk on. I felt hopeless. Still in midair, I collapsed in my back and stared at nothingness. But there it was: twilight. A gorgeous twilight was above me… I tried to reach for it, yet…

I woke up again.

This time, it was four minutes till seven. I glanced around me; the weather had changed. On the other hand, it wasn’t for the better. The freakish weather was still raging on and was now more powerful than ever. Thunder roared about every two seconds, and the rain pounded harder on the roof. The weather was just as loud as the sounds my father’s gun had made earlier.

Realizing I shouldn’t worry about the outside of my house, but the inside, I hurried up and straightened my clothes. My hair was disheveled, eyes red and bulged out, sweat all over my forehead, dried snot that came from my runny nose. I wiped my sweat and snot, tried to look fine, and strolled lazily to the door knob. One minute till seven…

Out of my room I went and into the second floor landing. The hallway was lined with four doors; one end contained the entrance to my bedroom (which I was standing in front of), the other end led to the master bedroom, the one beside my room was the bathroom, and between the bathroom and the master bedroom was my sister’s. My older sister and brother resided in the basement, where they cherished much more privacy than I ever had in my room. Just as I was going to space out again, I remembered that I had no time to spare. I noisily ran down the stairs before anyone could yell out my name a hundred times.

“JIRO! It’s dinner time! JIRO! You’re always slow! Come down here! JIRO!”

There it was: the calling of my name. I was a couple of seconds late again. My whole family anxiously looked at me as I set foot into the dining room. It got to my nerves that they were acting like that when I was only a couple of seconds late.

“You’re late as usual,” stated my father. “We’ve been patiently waiting for half an hour, and YOU JUST BOTHERED TO COME DOWN NOW?” He looked very impatient.

I was surprised as I was only some seconds late. To double check, I looked at the dining room’s clock. It was seven-thirty. How the heck did that happen? I had to come up with an answer …

No one said a word. It looked as if they were the FBI and I was a notorious criminal caught in the act and brought in for intense interrogation. My father was at the far end of the table, donning his work attire: black suit, neat hair, cleanly shaved, perfect posture to accompany his perfect build. To his left was my mother: way thinner than my dad, pony-tailed, casually dressed, weary eyes. To his right was my younger sister with her ragged hair and plain clothes; no fashion style at all. Beside my mother, and across from my seat, was my older sister. You could say she was the very opposite of my younger sister. At the opposite end of the table, and beside me, was my older brother, with his spiked hair and baggy jersey. What a family; everyone was just so different from each other.

“I swear, I think something’s wrong with my clock. I think it stops or something,” I muttered irritatingly.

“Didn’t you replace it already?” asked my mother. “You said the same thing too about your other clock.” She sounded less stern than my father.

“Yeah, but this one’s doing the same thing,” I insisted. “This is stupid… I shouldn’t be late.” I looked around the table and caught a glimpse of my sister giggling. “I looked at my clock and it was only seven o’clock.”

“Enough. Let’s just eat. Next time we won’t wait anymore for you Jiro,” remarked my father, attempting to cut off any further statements. “We’re getting tired of you.”

“But the other times I was only late by seconds!” I tried to calm down and lower my voice. It was getting ridiculous.

“WHAT DID I TELL YOU? NO YELLING IN THE TABLE!” yelled, ironically, by my father.

“Then what are you doing? Isn’t this what you call, yelling?” I retorted very sarcastically and didn’t look him in the eye. He pounded the table with his fist, clearly irate as his argument was refuted. He always liked to win his arguments.

“No yelling,” restated my father in a brisk and ominous tone. “Now, like I said earlier, let’s just eat.”

A few minutes passed by with only silence in the air. This kind of rhythm was then broken by another ounce of laughter from my sister. I looked at her and thoroughly inspected the expression of her face. She tried to look serious as our eyes caught a hold of each other; however, there was still a hint of mirth that was very evident in her face.

“What? Just trying to eat here,” remarked my sister, who proceeded to garble up a large piece of fried chicken. She looked down on her food so that her dark, long hair covered whatever emotion she portrayed.

“What’s so funny, Haley?” I asked, still staring at her direction.

“Nothing,” insisted Haley. “I’m just laughing at Valie’s hair because it looks ugly.”

Valeria, my older sister, looked at Haley’s direction with piercing, yet cool eyes. She fluffed her newly curled blonde hair.

“Aha, sure, said by someone who has hair like it’s taken from a broom,” said by Valie in a very nice manner as if she was talking to a little baby needing some milk. That is what I didn’t like about Valerie; she talked too nice, too nice that it was so insulting to hear. “I’m sure people with better fashion than you would be able to appreciate my hair more, Haley.”

“Broom hair!” exclaimed my older brother as he joined in on the conversation. He was the eldest between us siblings, and was also the joker. “Hey, Haley, my room’s really messed up. Can you sweep the dirt for me?”

Haley gave him a nasty look and almost put up the finger, yet stopped when she got dad’s attention. “Shut up Dex. I know you’re in my side.” She turned towards Valie. “Valie, did you know that I heard Dex was planning to cut your hair while you were sleeping? That’s sneaky… planning to do something while you’re sleeping.”

And then, it hit me. Haley changed the time of my clock while I was sleeping. It’s as simple as that.

“Haley, did you change the time of my clock?”

****** TO BE CONTINUED *****

* EDITED for PG's request! I put the sentence "The day before... I remembered." bit before the flashback to show it more clearly that it was a flashback. Thanks for the criticisms and comments! =)

--------------------
WOOOOT!
VERY PROUD MEMBER OF THE GIGANTIC CHOCOBO FAMILY!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
B.Valentine
post Nov 11 2007, 11:08 PM
Post #2

But you're so supreme!!!
Group Icon

Member No.: 2037

I want more!

i read this last night and i liked it...hope you continue it soon happy.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
t.a.
+Quote Post
CREA
post Nov 11 2007, 11:15 PM
Post #3

time moves backwards into a cliff
Group Icon

Member No.: 2504

It´s quite nice.
Write more, ok?
+Quote Post
Jhei_Em
post Nov 12 2007, 07:27 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

Aha, thanks guys! I am trying to write the rest of Chapter One as of now, so I hope you guys are able to wait! =)

--------------------
WOOOOT!
+Quote Post
fat_moogle
post Nov 12 2007, 11:14 AM
Post #5

:DD:
Group Icon

Member No.: 1626

I just read through that, and I really enjoyed it smile.gif

The relationship between the Father and Jiro remind me of that of Uncle Vernon and Harry.

This bit made me laugh:

“Broom hair!” exclaimed my older brother as he joined in on the conversation. He was the eldest between us siblings, and was also the joker. “Hey, Haley, my room’s really messed up. Can you sweep the dirt for me?”

Good work Jhei!

--------------------
IPB Image

<3 Married to the amazingly awesome, perfect, and beautiful PG & LL <3
+Quote Post
girlsrgamers2
post Nov 12 2007, 11:22 PM
Post #6

Life's a journey, not a destination.
Group Icon

Member No.: 4088

Jhei Em, I'm impressed. This is so well written! I can't wait to read the next installment. Great job!

--------------------
♥♥♥ BohemianAndy ♥♥♥
IPB Image
♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
sig by andrzej
Proud member of the Viera and Hippie families
+Quote Post
fierytempest
post Nov 13 2007, 01:34 AM
Post #7

I've got rain in my veins
Group Icon

Member No.: 8127

My only criticsm is that I didn't realize right away that the encounter with the stranger was a dream sequence/flash back--you might put in something that signifies that it is. Even a sentence would work.

I'm interested to see what comes next.

--------------------
I am done with my graceless heart
So tonight I'm gonna cut it out and then restart
I like to keep my issue drawn
It's always darkest before the dawn

Xii<3
+Quote Post
Jhei_Em
post Nov 13 2007, 03:47 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

Edited for PG's pleasure! I put the bit "The day before... I remembered." before the flashback to show it more clearly that it was a flashback. Thanks for the suggestion PG! =) Also, thanks to everyone else for the support!

*Still working on the rest of Chapter One. Hang on guys! =)

--------------------
WOOOOT!
+Quote Post
CREA
post Nov 15 2007, 02:21 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

I'm going nuts!

I need your story!!!!
+Quote Post
Jhei_Em
post Nov 17 2007, 06:07 AM
Post #10

Group Icon

Here is an update! Have fun! =)

Haley gave him a nasty look and almost put up the finger, yet stopped when she got dad’s attention. “Shut up Dex. I know you’re in my side.” She turned towards Valie. “Valie, did you know that I heard Dex was planning to cut your hair while you were sleeping? That’s sneaky… planning to do something while you’re sleeping.”

And then, it hit me. Haley changed the time of my clock while I was sleeping. It’s as simple as that.

“Haley, did you change the time of my clock?”

“Nuh-uh,” simply answered Haley. From the sound of her voice, it was hard to tell whether she was lying or telling the truth; it was clear that she was putting on her innocent angel-face. It just was not the time to wear her demon-horns, not when the ruler of the house was there. No matter how much inconvenience she gave my life, she was nothing more but a lowly servant of the ruler; nothing more than the likes of me, my siblings, and my mother. One would think that we should all band together to overthrow the ruler… but that was not the case. All our differences always put us in conflicts that never seemed to end; if only we took the time to find something similar in us.

“What did I tell you? No more excuses. You were late, and that’s it. Stop accusing your sister. You’re the one who got into trouble. Don’t blame other people for your actions.”

I forgot that my father was talking with my train of thoughts chugging inside my head. Another space out aside, I raised my eyebrow and thought of what to say. What should I say to prove that she changed the time of my clock...? Hmm… I looked at her again. Wow, her earring looked hideous. It looked like a massive piece of fish bone stuck to her ear. She probably got it from a garbage can… Wait, she only has one… That was it. If she indeed was in my room, then her other earring must have been left there, I thought. And that was the evidence I needed.

I disregarded what my dad said and smiled at my younger sister. “Haley, I like your… earring. But why do you only have one?” No one could master tones of sarcasm as good as me.

She touched both of her ears; as Haley realized that her left earring was missing, surprise spread throughout her face making it look like a piece of tomato (a tomato with lots of zits at that). The color of red; ah, what a sign it was of being caught off-guard.

“What- oh, this earring,” answered Haley after drinking a large gulp of ice tea. “I only have one of this. It’s so much more stylish to only wear one earring nowadays.”

Valie scoffed at her remark. “Who are you to talk of style?”

“I-I kind of like fashion right now, you know. I’m considering of becoming a designer someday… but just a maybe, you know…”

Dex found another opportunity to make a comment. “Ooh, Haley: Master Designer of Brooms!” He laughed at Haley; soon, Valie joined him in his mirth.

Before I could enjoy myself making fun of Haley, I put down my utensils and told everyone, “Excuse me, I have to go the washroom.” Yeah, that is the exact sentence you have to say to be excused from the table. I always felt like an android every time I said it.

A simple “Go” was all dad said in reply.

I ran upstairs, dashed through the hallway, burst through my room, and sought out for the earring. The first place I thought of was the area around my clock, so I bent down on my knees and began scouring the floor. Of course, it didn’t take me long. After a matter of seconds, my brown eyes found it. There it was: the piece of crap my sister had sloppily left from her act of deviousness; the evidence I needed to prove that I was right.

The fish bone sparkled as I picked it up. I knew it… she must have changed the time while I was asleep. Before I went back to the dining table, I also checked my Harry Potter-themed clock (don’t get me started on it) just to make sure. And there it was – hanging lopsided. What a sloppy job! It wasn’t like her at all.

They were passing around dessert as I slumped myself back into my chair. I took a piece of flan and waited for my mom and dad’s current conversation to end. What a gossip… my dad was talking about the neighbors again and how they were so dysfunctional, unsuccessful, unfriendly, blah-blah-blah. He should speak for himself – at least except for the unsuccessful part.

When the last word was spoken, I raised my arm and held out the gem (at least figuratively) I clutched in between my fingers. Haley was shocked to see the earring.

“Here’s your earring Haley.” I gave her a wide grin and handed her the fish bone. “I found it near my clock, which, coincidentally, looked like it was going to fall off any moment.”

All she could say was, “Oh, ah, I see,” as she stretched out her hand for the earring.

“Now I know that you really changed the time. End of argument,” I announced. I was confident of my statement. I had cold, hard, evidence, and no one could stop me on the road of winning the argument.

“I didn’t do it! Why do I have to say it to you again? I- Dex stole the earring!” Haley insisted. “Dex must have stolen it from me! He knocked me off balance like an hour ago! My earring must have dropped and he must have taken it! He probably was the one to change the time of your clock and put this there to frame me! Or something to that effect!”

“Ah, now that’s not true, dad,” Dex exclaimed. “I didn’t do it.”

“Just admit it!” I was getting impatient.

“Dex did it!” accused Haley.

Valie fixed her hair and looked at a spoon to check how she looked. “Haley, Dex, drop the act. I know both of you did it. I heard.”

“What the- why didn’t you say so! You could’ve saved me the trouble Valie!” My eyes flared at her sight. She didn’t budge an inch.

“Well, it’s because you ruined my dress the other day,” she said, her voice still cool and calm. “And besides… it’s so fun watching you, Dex, and Haley tangle all day.”

“I didn’t mean to ruin your dress!” I told Valie, whilst being flummoxed at what had just been revealed.

“Damn… so I guess we’re caught,” declared Dex. “It was fun to mess with you while it lasted. Anyways, we only did it because you’re a homo Jiro. Freakin’ disgusting.”

If all was fair, they would’ve already gotten into trouble with my dad. But not them... My dad valued them far too much than me.

“Yuck. You probably got lots of bacteria in you Jiro,” added Haley.

No one dared to look at me after that. No one dared to speak. No one dared to move. No one dared to love me in my family… I shouldn’t even have called them my family. They didn’t deserve it; I was just a piece of crap to them and what the heck did they care?

Anyways, yes, I am a homosexual. At that time, I just got out of the closet for a week, and boy, life was hell. No one really accepted me. The only reason I was still being kept around in the house was for servant duty, and because my mom pleaded not to kick me out of the house for it would ruin our family’s reputation. She didn’t want the news of my homosexuality get out. Our neighbors and relatives were very homophobic; I was like their witch, and they were like the mob. And I wanted to fly away in a broom to escape them, from my troubles, from reality…

***** TO BE CONTINUED AGAIN *****

Hope you liked it! Chapter One still hasn't ended. At least 5 more pages. =P

--------------------
WOOOOT!
+Quote Post
CREA
post Nov 17 2007, 09:06 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

Whoa... the last bits were written terrific.
I actually felt like that in some moment of my life.

Keep it going!
+Quote Post
fierytempest
post Nov 17 2007, 09:21 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

Now it's getting interesting!

JE--Haha, thanks. tongue.gif

--------------------

Xii<3
+Quote Post
Jhei_Em
post Nov 18 2007, 06:52 AM
Post #13

Group Icon

Yay! I'm glad you guys think so... happy.gif. I will try my best to keep going until the end. tongue.gif

--------------------
WOOOOT!
+Quote Post
B.Valentine
post Nov 18 2007, 07:52 AM
Post #14

But you're so supreme!!!
Group Icon

very interesting!!

i want more!! X3

--------------------
IPB Image
t.a.
+Quote Post
Jhei_Em
post Nov 18 2007, 07:55 AM
Post #15

Group Icon

Another update! I hope to finish Chapter One soon.... enjoy! =)

Anyways, yes, I am a homosexual. At that time, I just got out of the closet for a week, and boy, life was hell. No one really accepted me. The only reason I was still being kept around in the house was for servant duty, and because my mom pleaded not to kick me out of the house for it would ruin our family’s reputation. She didn’t want the news of my homosexuality get out. Our neighbors and relatives were very homophobic; I was like their witch, and they were like the mob. And I wanted to fly away in a broom to escape them, from my troubles, from reality…

Without a word, I stormed out of the room and ran away into the back door. I heard the laughter of Dex and Haley; the sigh of Valie; the “Wait!” of my mother, and… the nothing that came from my father. They didn’t stop me. Why would they? Of course they thought that this was the chance to get rid of me. If I died in the storm, then it would have been a convenient way to dispose of me and the trouble I gave them. All they would probably say to people when they question my death would have been, “We didn’t know he went outside during the thunderstorm, we thought he was inside. Now he’s dead… and it’s our entire fault. We loved him very dearly.” Not that they would mean it if they ever said it.

Slamming the door hard and hoping that it broke was all the damage I could do; I didn’t even look back to see if I had made a mess for I couldn’t look back. I couldn’t.

It was still pouring hard as I entered the realm outside. Dark, menacing, deafening; it was not much worse than the inside of my house. I couldn’t even decide which was worse: being stuck with the horrible people I had for home-mates (I made up a word just to avoid the f word), or dying from the hands of an ongoing thunderstorm. I trudged on and on and on… I didn’t care which street I was on or where I was heading off to. Flashes of lightning boomed; passing cars honked; barking dogs scuttled; faceless people sauntered about. The surroundings passed by like a power point presentation, and it ended with the portrait of my favorite place.

Like always, I had ended at the place of my serenity.

I slowed down. I came to a halt a few feet from my favorite rock, but I was too exhausted to move anymore. Tears burst from my red and itching eyes and synthesized with the falling, chilly beads from the heaven. I found myself kneeling on the cold and unforgiving floor, my arms and legs shivering wildly out of control. I tried to manage my sobs, yet with all the thunder going on, who would’ve heard me anyways? I sobbed and sobbed… coughed and coughed…

The wind howled at my face. At first I thought that it had said something to me, but it was nothing. I was alone in the world, and there was nobody else around to help me. The voice was probably just my mind playing tricks on me. I probably was delusional after all…

Drained of all the energy in me, my body gave in face-first and crashed towards mud and grass. I was too weak to stand up straight- heck, to sit up straight, and the wet and wobbled earth seemingly became my resting place… my bed for the night.

My eyes swirled in its sockets not entirely focusing on a certain object. It wanted to see something beautiful, something that might possibly cheer it up. But, all there was around it was darkness, and blinding light that constantly descended from the roaring skies. The sputtering and spattering and rumbling and howling became the melody that gradually sang me to sleep.

When my sobs were finally starting to diminish, and the raindrops were the only things that were keeping my eyes wet, and my eyelids slowly closing, another sound was heard that broke the silence of my mind.

They were footsteps.

I tilted my head to see who it was, or what it was…

I had seen him before.

--------------------
WOOOOT!
+Quote Post
B.Valentine
post Nov 18 2007, 08:16 AM
Post #16

But you're so supreme!!!
Group Icon

This is the best part so far for me!! I love how you wrote and described what happened!

Dammit!! you left it in such an interesting part!! XD

--------------------
IPB Image
t.a.
+Quote Post
fierytempest
post Nov 18 2007, 04:30 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

Ooh la la. The "beautiful" stranger.

More.

--------------------

Xii<3
+Quote Post
girlsrgamers2
post Nov 18 2007, 04:54 PM
Post #18

Life's a journey, not a destination.
Group Icon

Member No.: 4088

I didn't realize you'd updated this Jhei_Em. It's great, keep posting! Nice cliffhanger, by the way. I want to know what happens next!

--------------------
♥♥♥ BohemianAndy ♥♥♥
IPB Image
♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
sig by andrzej
Proud member of the Viera and Hippie families
+Quote Post
fat_moogle
post Nov 18 2007, 06:24 PM
Post #19

:DD:
Group Icon

Member No.: 1626

This story is great. Like really, really great. You are very talented, Jhei.

*eagerly awaits the next page*

--------------------
IPB Image

<3 Married to the amazingly awesome, perfect, and beautiful PG & LL <3
+Quote Post
Jhei_Em
post Nov 19 2007, 04:56 AM
Post #20

Group Icon

As usual, thank you people for liking my story! Here is another update! Enjoy as usual! =)

I had seen him before.

The figure lowered itself and knelt beside me. I didn’t have the time and enthusiasm to observe his full appearance, but I knew he had an umbrella for the rain had stopped hitting me. My body stayed still like it was one with the lifeless ground. He tried to make out if I was awake or asleep; I didn’t have the energy to inform him which. The guy felt my shoulder. I shivered more. Then, when he saw the unrest, the calamity, the chaos embedded within my eyes, he understood.

“Hey, you okay?” He spoke with a voice of an angel. It was light, soft, caring, even though it was from a stranger.

My lips shook as I tried to answer.

“I-I-I…”

“You don’t have to answer,” the stranger told me. “But I can say that you aren’t. Come on… I’ll take you out of here. Or else you’re going to be sick.” He grinned at me. It was a nice grin. It made me feel a little better inside.

“Wh-wheer-where…?”

“I’ll take you to my place,” replied he, while lifting my upper body off the ground. He stared at me as he tried to steady my rapid shaking. The guy had blue eyes; it was the color of a gorgeous summer sky. He appeared to be of Asian descent; possibly of Japanese, like me. And of course he would be- seeing that we were in Japan. “You’ll be safer there.”

I simply nodded. I couldn’t think of anything to say to him; he was a stranger after all. However, I felt a fraction of joy inside my heart. That someone cared. That someone took notice of me. Even though I didn’t know a thing about him… he still cared. There were not a lot of people like him in the world, and I wished there were...

“Tha-th-thanks…”

“Thank me later,” he said to me with a vigor that seemed to want to revive my fading strength. “For now, save your energy… you don’t have to say anything.”

With that, he took my right arm and laid it around his neck, put his left arm around my waist, and with his sturdy support, we walked. I could feel that he was slender, and that he had an average height. He was by a few inches taller than me. I abandoned further observation after that, for any more would give away my true colors. I didn’t want to ruin my reputation yet for I enjoyed the nice feelings he was giving me. Maybe find out a bit more about him first… I decided.

By then, the ferocious storm had lessened a bit, with the thunder softening and the lightning disappearing. The raindrops were the only things left in the wake; fallen from heaven, nowhere to go, as cold as ice. Just like what I felt.

But him- he was warm.

For long minutes we treaded on darkened alleys scattered with overturned garbage cans and lost, homeless people looking for shelter from the storm. However cruel it was, I had the thought that it was nice not being the only one that was having a crappy hell of a life. It was like that in the most ominous corners of Shinagawa; full of despair, hopelessness, regret, desperation.

We turned around several gloomy corners and went deeper into the vast and overwhelming city. My home-mates (you’ll have to get used to this word) and I lived in the eastern outskirts of Shinagawa just beside Tokyo Bay, and that I was very thankful for. The water was the place where I poured all of my deepest emotions; it was like a friend to me. Having only lived in Japan for nearly two months, I haven’t familiarized much with the place, and people, yet. Of course, we knew the neighbors- the homophobic neighbors. And don’t forget the relatives as well. But other than that, we didn’t know lots of people yet. And that night was my chance to get to know a new one…

He broke the silence.

“Oh, we’ve been walking for a while and I haven’t even told you my name. It’s Daisuke- Daisuke Shirokawa.” Daisuke eyed me and smiled once again.

“Mine’s Ji-Jiro… Nishimura,” I said, still a bit shaky.

What a nice name… Daisuke…

After a last turn around a dimly lit corner was when our tracks stopped. We stood in front of a tall, 10-story building. The apartment looked quite old, yet it still looked suitable despite various markings of graffiti. There were two men smoking cigarette a few feet from the front door, huddled together doing business who-knows-what. They turned to look around at us, startled.

The taller and bigger of the two scowled at us and started speaking in Japanese. Me, having only known English, didn’t understand a single bit of my native language and found myself dumbfounded and worried. What if they were going to shoot us or something?

Good thing Daisuke spoke Japanese, for he said some words to the guy that must have saved us from trouble. However, it made me wonder. How did he know that I only spoke in English and didn’t speak Japanese? It made me ponder of reasons how he knew, but it was probably not important.

“He just asked us if we had any cocaine, and I told him no, we didn’t have any,” Daisuke told me. “Don’t worry about it.”

Wow… we just got asked for some drugs. What a city Shinagawa is… was the thought in my head. I couldn’t believe then how it wasn’t much different from the place I came from: New York City. But of course, it was Japan; much more unique and fun-looking.

“Anyways, I live up in the 7th floor, so let’s go.”

I nodded in agreement, so we entered the building and headed for the elevator. Up we went, complete with the awkward elevator music and the silent atmosphere. We were heavily dripping water on the shiny metal floor, but he shouldn’t have been wet like that. He had an umbrella. Then, I realized that he let me occupy most of the umbrella during our journey to his place. You’re so nice to me… That was the notion that stuck in my head.

That moment also gave me the opportunity to fully examine how he looked like. Through the reflection from the metal surface of the elevator, I gazed at Daisuke. Just as I said before, he had blue Japanese eyes, slender body, and an average height that surpassed mine a little. But now I noticed his red lips, rosy cheeks, and straight black hair with red highlights that almost covered a portion of his eyes. His hair was fairly long too, but just the right length for me. A white jacket, red polo-shirt, and black baggy pants were the pieces of clothing he wore. And of course- he had light complexion.

Then I remembered. He was the stranger I saw the other day, sitting in my favorite rock. Such a coincidence it was.

“I saw you the other day, you know,” he began to say, just when I was thinking it. “It’s such a coincidence I saw you again. It’s a good thing I found you… out in this storm and all.”

Another coincidence that we were thinking the same thing… What was fate playing at? Or did I really believe in fate? But that was not the time to think about fate… I was focusing on him, and entirely him. My thoughts made me warmer.

Ding. The elevator ride was over.

The two of us entered a large corridor that smelt of food and other scents that I couldn’t even tell at all. Apartments were always like that; one would think it was a fresh market or something. We walked towards the west end of the corridor and came upon number 716.

“We’re here.”

He led me inside. We were alone.

OOH, ANOTHER CLIFFHANGER! Hahaha... tongue.gif I wonder what's gonna happen next... Anyways, my next update will be the end of Chapter One: Raindrops. And then, Chapter Two will begin! =)

--------------------
WOOOOT!
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th January 2018 - 10:17 PM

© Copyright 2003-2007 FFXII.Net - All Rights Reserved - Disclaimer
Final Fantasy XII, FFXII & FF12 are registered trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd.