> Square Enix's Jump Festa 2008, FFXIII (closed doors), Release Dates Revealing
Snake
post Dec 5 2007, 05:00 AM
Post #1

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 955

Square Enix's Jump Festa 2008 mini-site has been updated and now reveals the titles that will be featured in the event. The list:

Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker (Playable)
Dragon Quest IV
Final Fantasy IV (Playable)
Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon (Trailer)
Dissidia: Final Fantasy (Trailer)
Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days (New Trailer - Closed Theater)
Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep (New Trailer - Closed Theater)
Kingdom Hearts: Coded (New Trailer - Closed Theater)
Fabula Nova Crystallis (New Trailers - Closed Theater)
Final Fantasy VII AC: Complete (New Trailer - Closed Theater)
Star Ocean: First Departure (Trailer)
Front Mission 2009: Border of Madness (Trailer)

Square Enix will not give the public any new trailers of the "hot" titles, but rumor has it that new release dates will be revealed during the event.

Go to >> Square Enix's JF'08 titles list

Source: http://www.forever-fantasy.net/

---

My response is that it sucks that FFXIII is still not being shown. That means that the release date is still a long ways from now. I can wait, but I basically bought a PS3 for this game. Thank goodness there are great games now for the PS3 and great games coming out to hold me over until FFXIII comes out.

I'm excited about the release date revealings. I wonder if they are going to reveal FFXIII's release date. That would be smashing, and would make up for not seeing anything of the game since last year.

NeoGaf is speculating a huge announcement at Jump Festa. They think a game will be revealed that will blow everyone's minds away. Final Fantasy VII remake anyone? Shall be interesting to see what goes down.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Aliko
post Dec 5 2007, 05:07 AM
Post #2

『!!!』
Group Icon

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 873

Hmm... Yeah, I'm not interested in any of the titles listed.

As for FFXIII, I'm trying not to get too "into" it since I'm afraid it could end up disappointing me.

FFVII remake?... I doubt it.

--------------------

+Glico+
[We love Wii!]
+Quote Post
Snake
post Dec 5 2007, 05:40 AM
Post #3

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Aliko @ Dec 5 2007, 12:07 AM) *

Hmm... Yeah, I'm not interested in any of the titles listed.

As for FFXIII, I'm trying not to get too "into" it since I'm afraid it could end up disappointing me.

FFVII remake?... I doubt it.

The only thing I care about on that list is FFXIII. Everything else is for other people, not me.

Why would FFXIII disappoint you? I could understand FFXII disappointing you, but I think that FFXIII is in the right hands. It's the first Final Fantasy on a next-gen platform... not counting Final Fantasy XI. I know that you will change your mind, though, once FFXIII media starts pouring out... someday.

Why doubt it? FFVII is being whored out like crazy. Sony and Square-Enix are up to something. Sony knows how much copies the original FFVII sold, and I don't think they are overlooking that. FFVII plus FFXIII and Versus would sell a whole lot of PS3 systems. It would most likely help them get out of third place, even though to many, it's unimaginable.

Like I said, though, we shall see. Nothing earth shattering might come from this event, but I'm hoping that at least that release date stuff is true.
+Quote Post
Aliko
post Dec 5 2007, 05:47 AM
Post #4

『!!!』
Group Icon

I actually enjoyed FFXII a lot, but because I was so hyped up about it, I was bound to be disappointed somehow. That's why I don't want to be all hyped up about XIII.

For a FFVII remake, I heard rumors or whatever of them denying any possibility of such a thing. I don't know... It would make more sense to remake a game that isn't all futuristic like XIII is going to be if they're going to be released around the same time...

--------------------

+Glico+
[We love Wii!]
+Quote Post
Snake
post Dec 5 2007, 06:02 AM
Post #5

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Aliko @ Dec 5 2007, 12:47 AM) *

I actually enjoyed FFXII a lot, but because I was so hyped up about it, I was bound to be disappointed somehow. That's why I don't want to be all hyped up about XIII.

For a FFVII remake, I heard rumors or whatever of them denying any possibility of such a thing. I don't know... It would make more sense to remake a game that isn't all futuristic like XIII is going to be if they're going to be released around the same time...

Ah, I see. I understand where you are coming from now.

I think they said that it wasn't coming, but that could just to catch people off guard. There was a magazine like thing with screens of the FFVII tech demo with the words "AND NEXT?" and "We hope to meet Final Fantasy VII AGAIN!". There have been ramblings off and on about it too. One thing that makes me believe that something big is going to go down was when they said earlier this year that there is going to be news of Final Fantasy Anniversary titles. A Final Fantasy VII remake could be one of them.

It might come, or it might not come. If it is the secret that Square-Enix is keeping, then it would explain the long development of FFXIII.
+Quote Post
edup
post Dec 5 2007, 07:29 AM
Post #6

Elite Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 832

QUOTE(kamari-ice @ Dec 5 2007, 06:02 AM) *

QUOTE(Aliko @ Dec 5 2007, 12:47 AM) *

Ah, I see. I understand where you are coming from now.

I think they said that it wasn't coming, but that could just to catch people off guard. There was a magazine like thing with screens of the FFVII tech demo with the words "AND NEXT?" and "We hope to meet Final Fantasy VII AGAIN!". There have been ramblings off and on about it too. One thing that makes me believe that something big is going to go down was when they said earlier this year that there is going to be news of Final Fantasy Anniversary titles. A Final Fantasy VII remake could be one of them.

It might come, or it might not come. If it is the secret that Square-Enix is keeping, then it would explain the long development of FFXIII.

People are stupid sometimes , FFVII is not being remade thats the only thing they have said, but they gonna remake it for sure, I mean ... Who the hell do you think you talking about? its Square Enix one of the biggest Video Games Company and smartest company in the whole world. You think they gonna let go the opportunity of making the success of FFVII even bigger?

Guys come on be smart

sorry for my misspelling english is not my main language

--------------------
IPB Image

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Aliko
post Dec 5 2007, 07:45 AM
Post #7

『!!!』
Group Icon

QUOTE(edup @ Dec 5 2007, 12:29 AM) *

People are stupid sometimes , FFVII is not being remade thats the only thing they have said, but they gonna remake it for sure, I mean ... Who the hell do you think you talking about? its Square Enix one of the biggest Video Games Company and smartest company in the whole world. You think they gonna let go the opportunity of making the success of FFVII even bigger?

You're making no sense... If they say they're not going to remake it, then they probably mean it... Therefore, it's not being remade... >.> Why would they do the exact opposite of what they've said?... To try and somehow make it more of a surprise?... *Rolls eyes.* Yeah... no.

Oh yeah, and about S-E being one of the smartest companies... They've made mistakes before. Some people like Steiner may say FFX-2 was a stupid move for S-E to do.

--------------------

+Glico+
[We love Wii!]
+Quote Post
Tidus1
post Dec 5 2007, 11:21 AM
Post #8

Ultimate Member

Member No.: 11856

the only games that i am lukin 4ward 2 r kingdom hearts 3 and final fantasy XIII

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
LoneWolf
post Dec 5 2007, 12:37 PM
Post #9

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 828

Square Enix fail miserably. To not release anything at all about a game as big as FFXIII for at least 2 years after the announcement... I'm so sick of them. I was sick of waiting at the end of last year.

And don't tell me its their way of promoting their games or that they don't want to release too much like with FFXII. They should just get some pointers from Konami.

--------------------
IPB Image
Signiture made by Charlie (different forum, 2002)
+Quote Post
Grivenger
post Dec 5 2007, 02:41 PM
Post #10

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 553

Why is there always a topic before each big gaming event asking "omg, do you think the big announcement is a FFVII remake lololo?" It's getting a bit annoying.

Currently, it is impossible to remake FFVII. The only two teams that would remake it are busy with the two biggest games SE is making: FFXIII and FFvXIII. Would it sell? Sure, but so would KH3, and they aren't making it neither because, again, of Versus XIII. FFXI's team is busy with another huge project (new-gen MMO) and FFXII's team status is unknown, but both those would never remake it.

The big announcement, if there is one, is probably the next FFXIII. Final Fantasy Haeresis XIII? Kitase had promised that new FNC compilation games would be announced this year's E3, and until now, after both E3 and TGS, nothing was shown. Because each FFXIII game is supposed to be a high budget game and not a low budget spin-off, the announcement of each would be a huge one. They might also reveal the next Ivalice Alliance game (Vagrant Story related, or another Revenant Wings) and the next FFVII spin-off (Considering that FFVII's compilation is still supposed to last 10/ 9 years), but those don't seem huge enough.

And don't tell me its their way of promoting their games or that they don't want to release too much like with FFXII.

Neither. They just don't want to hype it until it is near complete. Better get used to it, because SE has always been this way since ever. The only difference between current SE and old SE, marketing-wise, is that now, they announce the games much earlier than they should and show trailers on closed doors until it is time to hype them, and before, they only announced the games before start hyping it.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
edup
post Dec 5 2007, 07:28 PM
Post #11

Elite Member

QUOTE(Aliko @ Dec 5 2007, 07:45 AM) *

QUOTE(edup @ Dec 5 2007, 12:29 AM) *

You're making no sense... If they say they're not going to remake it, then they probably mean it... Therefore, it's not being remade... >.> Why would they do the exact opposite of what they've said?... To try and somehow make it more of a surprise?... *Rolls eyes.* Yeah... no.

Oh yeah, and about S-E being one of the smartest companies... They've made mistakes before. Some people like Steiner may say FFX-2 was a stupid move for S-E to do.

Yes I do make sense, I said Its not being made, What I meant is that they're saying that they're not working on it right now, they always say that but never deny the question if they gona remake it or not? they just say we have all our teams busy at the moment

so its just a matter of time

--------------------
IPB Image

IPB Image
+Quote Post
-josh-
post Dec 6 2007, 01:43 AM
Post #12

Bleh
Group Icon

Member No.: 1975

Eh Im looking foward too FFIV DS soo all you guys stfu .

And I want to see more of the KH games.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
B.Valentine
post Dec 6 2007, 04:12 AM
Post #13

But you're so supreme!!!
Group Icon

Member No.: 2037

Eh Im looking foward too FFIV DS soo all you guys stfu .

XD

yeah im also looking forward to IV!! X3

a VII remake would be great but i dont think theyll anounce it...yet i really hope they did

besides KH im also interested in Dissidia!!!

--------------------
IPB Image
t.a.
+Quote Post
Fox
post Dec 6 2007, 04:15 AM
Post #14

Ninja Fox - The Silent Menace
Group Icon

Member No.: 2280

IV DS is gonna rock. I havn't got ANYTHING for my DS atm. I keep forgetting I have the damn thing....

I agree with Grievenger as well: I'm getting sick of this FFVII: Remake talk. At this rate if they ever DO announce one I'll be so sick of hearing about the damn thing I won't buy it! Just enjiy what they do release, rather than what they might in 6 years time.

I want most of what's on that list XD

--------------------
PSN: "corneliusfingers"
twitter: @corneliusfinger
Blog: Games Under the Knife
+Quote Post
LoneWolf
post Dec 6 2007, 05:46 AM
Post #15

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 828

Neither. They just don't want to hype it until it is near complete. Better get used to it, because SE has always been this way since ever. The only difference between current SE and old SE, marketing-wise, is that now, they announce the games much earlier than they should and show trailers on closed doors until it is time to hype them, and before, they only announced the games before start hyping it.

What do you mean "neither"? That was one of the things I said! Don't tell me its just Square Enix's way of promoting their games, because its a MORONIC way that pisses everybody off. I understand that's how they do it, you've told me before, it still doesn't make any sense though.

How many people do you suppose don't have a PS3 right now because they have no hype for FFXIII? I'm one.

--------------------
IPB Image
Signiture made by Charlie (different forum, 2002)
+Quote Post
andrzej
post Dec 6 2007, 05:51 AM
Post #16

Big Boss
Group Icon

Member No.: 345

^ i have a ps3 for MGS4, i don't really care about FFXIII at all tongue.gif

AC is probably just ....an extended version of the movie -- which blows at any level

--------------------
last.fm
mgs4 has come and gone... oh how the time flies

♥SNAKE ARE YOU INFECTED WITH FOXDIE?
...BECAUSE I JUST FELT MY HEART STOP

NET WIKI! & NET-AE
+Quote Post
edup
post Dec 6 2007, 06:39 PM
Post #17

Elite Member

QUOTE(andrzej @ Dec 6 2007, 05:51 AM) *

^ i have a ps3 for MGS4, i don't really care about FFXIII at all tongue.gif

AC is probably just ....an extended version of the movie -- which blows at any level

if Thats the case im definitely gonna get it, for real, that movie blew me away except for Vincent Valentine and no materia use , I think vincent should fight more and someone should use some materia I dont know or a limit break or some shit but man come on.... they cand do better..

but anyway I loved it

--------------------
IPB Image

IPB Image
+Quote Post
rainbowbrat
post Dec 6 2007, 07:47 PM
Post #18

I dunno what I just saw.........
Group Icon

Member No.: 6298

QUOTE(kamari-ice @ Dec 4 2007, 09:00 PM) *

My response is that it sucks that FFXIII is still not being shown. That means that the release date is still a long ways from now. I can wait, but I basically bought a PS3 for this game. Thank goodness there are great games now for the PS3 and great games coming out to hold me over until FFXIII comes out.

I'm excited about the release date revealings. I wonder if they are going to reveal FFXIII's release date. That would be smashing, and would make up for not seeing anything of the game since last year.

On G4, they said that FFXIII will be released around Dec 30th of 2008...

Gamestop here said something similiar...

I can't wait till it comes out.

--------------------
Loving whipping e-wife to the sexy sexy ShymanDawn!!<3

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Marblefist
post Dec 6 2007, 07:57 PM
Post #19

Negrodamus
Group Icon

Member No.: 1545

FFXIII will be released around Dec 30th of 2008...

ohmy.gif Shocking, its probably not gonna hit the UK for another 2 years haha fuckin squenix and there 'translations'

--------------------
Until I force Xiitharn to make me a new sig this writing will have to suffice.
+Quote Post
steiner
post Dec 6 2007, 08:07 PM
Post #20

It's been too long...
Group Icon

Member No.: 1745

Oh no, not Kingdom Hearts.

Get rid of it please.

--------------------
IPB Image
"Foolish. Picking fights with strangers in a place like this... I used to know someone like that. He was a loser... He refused to find beneficial ways to use his power. Instead, he'd seek out people to fight..." -Amarant Coral, FFIX
Mmmmm....Married to Garlz, Mel and KittenLittle.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th January 2018 - 04:46 PM

Copyright 2003-2007 FFXII.Net - All Rights Reserved - Disclaimer
Final Fantasy XII, FFXII & FF12 are registered trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd.