Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Should Bush be impeached by now?
Wolfeyes
post Dec 10 2007, 10:07 PM
Post #1

Certified Bookworm

Group: Members
From: Somewhere up above the USA boarder. (Care to take a guess?)
Member No.: 963

Just a question to Americans on what they think.

While impeachments are pretty rare, I think that when you consider why Clinton got axed Bush should have been packing his bags a long time ago. Now, while the idea of his "War on Terror" (ever notice how everytime governments want to fights something they declare war on it? "War on Drugs", "War on Violence", "War on Homlessness", etc.) is up for debate Bush seems to have a talent for shooting himself in the foot. For example, dear Mr. President, how come all your "concilours" make so much ridiculous amounts of money for just being on company boards?

I think the latest thing SHOULD constitute him getting knocked out but don't see anyone acting on it. Bush's OWN intelligence people have recently released reports showing that Bush has lied to both the people and Congress over the issues in Iraq and making things look more "scary" than they actually are. I think if I remember right Bush was saying (about 2 months back)about how Irian's secret nuclear program would start WWIII. Ever since 2005 we've been hearing harpings about it while Iran has been saying no, they haven't. However, surprise, surprise, Bush's own intelligence people finally went public with the actual findings that not only was Bush lying but Iran's not likely to work on any weapons till 2015.

So much for those anti missile programs you were planning on placing nearby, Mr. President. And if you were to be impeached, while you may be missed by few, as a lame duck president you couldn't do much anyway anymore.

So, what does everyone else think? I doubt anyone will but it's a nice thing to think about.

--------------------
IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
JudasOne
post Dec 11 2007, 12:00 AM
Post #2

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 8730

For starters there isnt near enough time to impeach him. Clinton was impeached and he didn't leave office early.

Secondly he's not even close to be the first nor will he be the last American president to lie to the general public. I doubt there's been a president that hasn't lied to the people.

Third do you think things would be better if Chaney took over?
+Quote Post
Resurrection
post Dec 11 2007, 12:17 AM
Post #3

Love...the most powerful force on Earth
Group Icon

Member No.: 1047

I've never thought about it, but I don't think I know enough about him and his presidency to make a good judgment.

--------------------
Make the 99 become 100
LIES PROTRUDE FROM THE MOUTH OF MAN, BUT EVERY WORD THAT COMES FROM THE MOUTH OF GOD IS LIFE.
I AM A LIAR
+Quote Post
joesmith123
post Dec 11 2007, 01:43 AM
Post #4

Cor Blimey!
Group Icon

Member No.: 866

Impeachment is completely impossible and out of the question. It is something that the American far left simply says out of their hatred for him.

--------------------
IPB Image

Thanks again to Snake for another great sig. As always his work on my behalf is greatly appreciated.
+Quote Post
JudasOne
post Dec 11 2007, 10:03 AM
Post #5

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

^And also Non-Americans.
+Quote Post
Burrgle
post Dec 11 2007, 10:10 AM
Post #6

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 444

I am not too up to date on Bushes actions...but I dont think it is really grounds for impeachment. No one is to blame but ourselves...and specifically the americans who voted him in a second time. If it was really that big of a deal....we would have over thrown the government by now...but he hasnt done anything to constitute that. (because not a person has done anything like that yet?)

--------------------
IPB Image
Thank you so much Auro!!!!
+Quote Post
Wolfeyes
post Dec 11 2007, 10:19 PM
Post #7

Certified Bookworm

From: Somewhere up above the USA boarder. (Care to take a guess?)
Member No.: 963

*Wrong thread X_X*

This post has been edited by Wolfeyes: Dec 11 2007, 10:20 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
steiner
post Dec 13 2007, 05:52 PM
Post #8

It's been too long...
Group Icon

Member No.: 1745

QUOTE(JudasOne @ Dec 11 2007, 12:00 AM) *

Third do you think things would be better if Chaney took over?

tongue.gif laugh.gif

Yeah. That would be great for the future of America. /sarcasm

But impeachement is pretty much out of the question. I think most of the damage has been done already by Bush anyway.

--------------------
IPB Image
"Foolish. Picking fights with strangers in a place like this... I used to know someone like that. He was a loser... He refused to find beneficial ways to use his power. Instead, he'd seek out people to fight..." -Amarant Coral, FFIX
Mmmmm....Married to Garlz, Mel and KittenLittle.
+Quote Post
rainbowbrat
post Dec 13 2007, 09:23 PM
Post #9

I dunno what I just saw.........
Group Icon

Member No.: 6298

QUOTE(JudasOne @ Dec 10 2007, 04:00 PM) *

For starters there isnt near enough time to impeach him. Clinton was impeached and he didn't leave office early.

Clinton was not impeached...they tried, but fell short by 10 votes or something like that.

As far as Bush goes, it is too late to impeach, but he should diffenantly not be allowed in office again.

I am not too up to date on Bushes actions...but I dont think it is really grounds for impeachment. No one is to blame but ourselves...and specifically the americans who voted him in a second time. If it was really that big of a deal....we would have over thrown the government by now...but he hasnt done anything to constitute that. (because not a person has done anything like that yet?)

First of all, WE are not to blame, it is ONLY the people that voted for him. (I voted Kerry BTW)

second....Seriously! Why haven't we overthrown the government yet?

And he has done enough to where he shoulda been kicked out....if not just for him bein a babbling idiot, but for this stupid war. Why hasn't he gotten Bin Ladden yet? Wasn't that one of the MAIN reasons we were there? rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Loving whipping e-wife to the sexy sexy ShymanDawn!!<3

IPB Image

+Quote Post
JudasOne
post Dec 14 2007, 12:08 AM
Post #10

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

^Clinton wasnt impeached?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/events/clinton_...news/238784.stm
+Quote Post
rainbowbrat
post Dec 14 2007, 05:03 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

No he wasn't...even in the article you posted says so:

With a Republican majority in Congress, the vote was all but a foregone conclusion

It never went through.

Although the impeachment process succeeded at the level of the House of Representatives, without the Senate's confirming action in this matter, no further action was taken.

Google it too, wikepedia says so as well tongue.gif

--------------------

IPB Image

+Quote Post
JudasOne
post Dec 14 2007, 11:47 PM
Post #12

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

the first line says:

William Jefferson Clinton has become only the second president in the history of the United States to be impeached.

and here's another article

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clinton_impeachment

which also states that he was indeed impeached.
+Quote Post
sephirothfearsme
post Dec 15 2007, 08:18 PM
Post #13

Holy Member

From: The one using the weight bench in the Shinra Building
Member No.: 4204

Clinton was impeached, it is just that when most people hear the word impeachment they think of Nixon. Impeachment is the trial process, then if found guilty or whatever it is, the president is then removed from office. So yes, Clinton was impeached, but no he wasn't removed from office.

There ya go, just thought this would help!

--------------------
If you are the only one doing it, then its probably not worth doing!
+Quote Post
Judge Kweh Kweh
post Dec 16 2007, 01:28 AM
Post #14

Vigilante Member

Member No.: 5999

QUOTE(JudasOne @ Dec 11 2007, 06:03 AM) *

^And also Non-Americans.

Or just about anyone with an iota of sanity left in them.

--------------------
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
In Soviet Russia,
Poem writes you.
+Quote Post
JudasOne
post Dec 16 2007, 03:42 AM
Post #15

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

^and why is that? Care to explain your position?

Its amazing how many ppl think that Bush(or any president) is the culprit for everything our country does. In reality he doesnt have much power unless we have declared war or he has the backing of Congress. He is mostly a face man and an easy target for the less informed.
+Quote Post
AkamaruFoxHound
post Dec 16 2007, 04:06 AM
Post #16

Royal Member

Member No.: 8721

QUOTE(JudasOne @ Dec 15 2007, 08:42 PM) *

^and why is that? Care to explain your position?

Its amazing how many ppl think that Bush(or any president) is the culprit for everything our country does. In reality he doesnt have much power unless we have declared war or he has the backing of Congress. He is mostly a face man and an easy target for the less informed.

Well there is a pretty good reason why the US always gits the blame, but the idea of Bush's Concept to the showing that eveyone says "Oh, he's just trying to follow in Daddy's footsteps." But look closer, he thinks like a mumbling baby, he even Bored Pope John Paul II, but to the point, yea he doesn't have power he just acts tough to try in show that "he's the best" n' all that other S***, the war was nothing but for his own gain, he's trying to claim the oil in the middle east for himself in his own profit. The forging in his ideas are mostly wrong, many clain fer this war to be one mistake, and that it could have been prevented in any way, he's a screw-up. dry.gif

--------------------
IPB ImagePutrid Rot Fills Gaping Maws

IPB Image
+Quote Post
JudasOne
post Dec 16 2007, 04:26 AM
Post #17

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

I dont see why everyone thinks that Bush is there for his own profit. You all do understand that it is a UN sanctioned act and that the US isnt the only country over there right? Or maybe Bush jr has a lot more stroke than I thought if he can get those other countries to come to Iraq all for his personal profit. Wow maybe he's not the idiot the world thinks he is.
+Quote Post
rainbowbrat
post Dec 17 2007, 09:31 PM
Post #18

Group Icon

no, he is the idiot we think he is...have you not heard his speaches??

We may not be the only country over there, but, as far as I remember, most have withdrawn their troops to where as Bush wants to add more.

This war has gone on longer than the civil war did...he went there to:

1. get sadam hussein...done.

2. He went to try to help their government become a democratic government....done. (I don't remember any other countries trying to do this BTW)

3. he wanted an end to the weapons of mass destruction they were building...done (as far as I know, but I could be thinking of China or Korea...someone correct me if I am wrong please!)

Now from what I understood...out of the 40 countries that were helping supply the war, there is only like 15 left or something...I really do not remember right now, and I can't research ATM, but yeah...

Bush IS an idiot...I mean...he claimed victory before it was, and then retracted his statemnet saying he was gettung ahead of himself...

I gott go now, but I will be back to finish my thoughts and stuff...iI will edit, or reply if anyone replies after me tongue.gif

Ciao!

--------------------

IPB Image

+Quote Post
steiner
post Dec 17 2007, 09:48 PM
Post #19

It's been too long...
Group Icon

Member No.: 1745

QUOTE(JudasOne @ Dec 16 2007, 04:26 AM) *

I dont see why everyone thinks that Bush is there for his own profit. You all do understand that it is a UN sanctioned act and that the US isnt the only country over there right? Or maybe Bush jr has a lot more stroke than I thought if he can get those other countries to come to Iraq all for his personal profit. Wow maybe he's not the idiot the world thinks he is.

Wait a sec. Are you trying to say that the invasion of Iraq was sanctioned by the UN?

If you think that you are gravely mistaken. The UN didn't sanction the invasion of Iraq despite the desperate attempts to lie about how dangerous Iraq were.

So, lets move onto the invasion of Iraq. Apart from US there was the UK, with smaller amounts of forces from Australia and Poland. The only reason the UK joined was because Tony Blair was George Bush's poodle. He would do anything to get his masters favour, even if it meant going against the million British people who actively got up and protested against the war. Thats like one in 60 British people spending a whole day protesting. But still, Tony Blair really wanted to stay strong allies with America.

The rest of the people who joined were bought in by the lies about Iraq - about its weapons and how dangerous it was and the like. It also helped that John Howard was right wing.

@RB: His actual reasons for going into Iraq were in the singular. Weapons of Mass Destruction. Which were lies of course. Once he got there then he conveniently changed his reasons. But you're right about the rest.

Oh yeah, and he also said God told him to invade Iraq. Now...that sounds familiar...can anyone place it?

--------------------
IPB Image
"Foolish. Picking fights with strangers in a place like this... I used to know someone like that. He was a loser... He refused to find beneficial ways to use his power. Instead, he'd seek out people to fight..." -Amarant Coral, FFIX
Mmmmm....Married to Garlz, Mel and KittenLittle.
+Quote Post
Nick
post Dec 18 2007, 12:49 AM
Post #20

The Captain
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 646

Impeachment for the reasons you say would be un-Democratic. The American People elected him as their leader - it would take something enormously significant for any council or individual (idk who takes the decision to impeach myself) to override the will of the people.

--------------------
The damnation of Faust. Man sells his soul to the devil. All ends in tears, these arrangements usually do.
Married to my MUCH LOVED Drunken Pirating Wench Michiko
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th October 2018 - 10:16 AM

Copyright 2003-2007 FFXII.Net - All Rights Reserved - Disclaimer
Final Fantasy XII, FFXII & FF12 are registered trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd.