Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Main Party, Needing Advice
Reddas
post Dec 10 2007, 10:15 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 11840

I've finish the FF XII story and now im finishing all sidequests and stuff, but I'm having a problem... Until now my main party has been Ashe (white magician and melee), Vaan (black magician and melee) and Basch (green magician, tanking and melee)... But the 'problem' with FFXII is that all the characters are cool and interesting. I made my main party based on my FFX party (Tidus, Auron and Yuna)...

*SPOILER*
But after learning Balthier is a former judge and son of Dr. Cid I though he was a nice character to level up because he is important for the story and has a nice look x) ...
*SPOILER'S END*

Fran is also an excellent character... What do you think ? Which party is the best one ?

--------------------
Sky Pirate Reddas , Lord of Balfonheim Port

Being a skilled swordsman, Reddas' only defeat was against Gilgamesh, who stole his Masamune. Respected between pirates by helping Balfonheim's development and promoting cooperation, he has been known as Sky Pirate's Leader.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Ethereal Blade
post Dec 11 2007, 12:06 AM
Post #2

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 2570

Hmm... it doesn't really matter who you use, really. There is a difference in everyone's stats of course, but equipment really makes all the difference.

Or did you mean best party as in what's everyone's favorite? In that case, my favorite party to use was Vaan, Balthier, and Penelo. I remember before I got the game, I was so set on using Ashe... but for some reason, it didn't happen. Vaan was my melee attacker with sword and shield, Balthier stood back and fired away with his gun, and Penelo was my mage with a staff. (while everyone had access to all spells, she was the one using them most of the time).

I always use the main character (and yes, I do consider Vaan the main character, even if other will disagree). Balthier is my absolute favorite character in the game, so of course he's in the party. And Penelo, I just found that I liked her, so in the party she went.

However, I still like Ashe, Basch, and Fran, too. I leveled the up just about as much as my other party, but I always used my main party on boss battles.
+Quote Post
ladylarsa
post Dec 11 2007, 06:15 PM
Post #3

s e x u a l . d i s g r a c e

Member No.: 8596

I preferred using Basch, Ashe and Penelo. :] Personally, they were my favourite 3. :]

--------------------
FM ♥
~ ladylarsa lives! ~
+Quote Post
Zodiark
post Dec 11 2007, 10:27 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 12057

Vaan, Basch and Ashe/Balthier for me.Never bothered using Penelo or Fran...

--------------------
I am the seed of Destruction. I am the Darkness within all of our Hearts. I am the Infection that Demoralizes our Souls. I am a God. I am a Devil. I am Sin and I am your Grave. The seed of life was planted by Supremacy, by Divinity. But, I was born a Bastard. I was born as Chaos. And now I am the living embodiment of all that you do Wrong. I am an Infection, and there will be no Quarantine to hold me up. I live in us all, now it is time for me to Rise and Infect.
+Quote Post
Sinatar
post Dec 18 2007, 12:30 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 12191

From a RP'ing viewpoint, it doesn't really matter, it's all up to you...

But from a strategic viewpoint, It's actually best to use and level up EVERYONE. If your party dies for some reason, you have the chance to bring in your benched reserves. That's why it's best for everyone to be at around the same level. It's definitely more time-consuming, but It's also definitely the best way to go. Let 3 Embroidered Tipets help you out.
+Quote Post
Yoshimitsu Kurati
post Dec 18 2007, 08:26 AM
Post #6

Holy Member

Member No.: 207

My first line of defense was Vaan, Balthier, Ashe, and Basch. Then whenever they died, i brought a same level reserve in to revive the fallen. All of my people were on the same level, it took awhile to level them all up but its worth it.
+Quote Post
Joker666
post Dec 20 2007, 03:32 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 12211

Well i found that Vaan, Balthier, and Fran were a REALLY good team.
Vaan had greatswords and was my main brawler, Balthier was equipped with Spears and/or guns depending on what kind of monsters were around and Fran i kept on her bow and used her mainly for healing purposes, though all 3 usually helped eachother out. cool.gif

This post has been edited by Joker666: Dec 20 2007, 03:33 PM
+Quote Post
Chrono
post Dec 27 2007, 05:50 AM
Post #8

Royal Member

Member No.: 2318

I use all my characters equally.

--------------------
Don'tcha wish your mooglefriend was hot like me? ~ PushyCaitSiths.
+Quote Post
JudasOne
post Jan 27 2008, 07:20 AM
Post #9

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 8730

I also used all my characters equally. With the way the liscense board is layed out everyone will have all the same abilities before too long and it helps when fighting bosses to be able to rotate in anyone as a replacement and know that they can hang.
+Quote Post
SilentBladez01
post Jan 27 2008, 05:32 PM
Post #10

Royal Member

Member No.: 13337

They all have about the same statistics but one thing you should know,fran doesn't perform aswell as anyone else with bows and the same goes for balthier,everyone else is slightly better than him when equipped with guns.even though the guns are the primary weapons for balthier and the bows are the primary weapons for fran.

here's mine main party:

fran:lv99 zodiac spear
basch:lv99 turnasol
balthier:lv99 wyrmhero blade

i prefer fran,basch and balthier over vaan,penelo and ashe.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
spiderwebs
post Jan 28 2008, 09:09 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 4649

QUOTE(JudasOne @ Jan 27 2008, 02:20 AM) *

I also used all my characters equally. With the way the liscense board is layed out everyone will have all the same abilities before too long and it helps when fighting bosses to be able to rotate in anyone as a replacement and know that they can hang.

I agree. Everyone's equal, or would be if you used them all equally and filled their license boards. For people who specialize, what do you do with mobs and bosses who can only be attacked in certain ways?

I like having a leader with a ranged weapon so my leader doesn't get killed/hit with status effects so much. Other than that, I don't do anything special. I would level up three characters, level up the other three, then level up a different three... And so on.

I used Embroidered Tippets on my active characters, and the equivalent accessory for license points on my inactive characters. For boss battles, I used Bubble Belts on my active characters.

This post has been edited by spiderwebs: Jan 28 2008, 09:15 PM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2018 - 06:29 PM

Copyright 2003-2007 FFXII.Net - All Rights Reserved - Disclaimer
Final Fantasy XII, FFXII & FF12 are registered trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd.