Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cloud DVD: FFXIII and Versus Trailers!
Grivenger
post Dec 18 2007, 01:38 PM
Post #41

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 553

QUOTE(kamari-ice @ Dec 18 2007, 01:19 AM) *
Love is what makes Final Fantasy good.

So, only FFVIII and FFX are good FFs? Because they are the only ones where lvoe is a big focus. And maybe FFIX too. Romantic love is, in most of the FFs, just one of the many character's themes. In FFVI, for example, family love was as strong and dramatic as romantic love.

FFXII's lack of it was quite nerving.

For all the many problems with FFXII's story, the lack of romance wasn't certainly one. FFXII's story is about a world and its population, not about how much two randomly selected characters love each other.

If there isn't any of that, then the game lacks, and makes you feel less connected with the game.

There are many ways to make you feel connected with the game. For example, being able to read every single thought on Squall's mind was able to connect with him much more than the cheesy romance between Squall and Rinoa.

Also, the characters have to be likable. As long as there aren't any Vaan-like characters in FFXIII, I think it will be really good to connect with the characters in FFXIII, hopefully.

Vaan is an incomplete character. I doubt FFXIII will suffer from the same development problems as FFXII did.

So, I would rather the unoriginal, and unrealistic love that you speak of, then boring scenes that involve characters that are all hyped up on hormones, and can't take action.

And I would have neither, because I sincerely don't know what's worse between those two examples.

If there is any kind of romance, I would love if it was as good as Laguna's love story. That was mature, sophisticated, and actually made the player *feel* the love. That's probably the best love story in the recent FFs, IMO.

--------------------
IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Fox
post Dec 18 2007, 01:54 PM
Post #42

Ninja Fox - The Silent Menace
Group Icon

Member No.: 2280

^ Personally I thought FFIX's did it very well. Love isn't a necessity but I've always fel I care about the characters in FFIX more than in any other game. Whatever they did in IX to make you give such a crap they should do in XIII.

--------------------
PSN: "corneliusfingers"
twitter: @corneliusfinger
Blog: Games Under the Knife
+Quote Post
Sabin
post Dec 18 2007, 04:04 PM
Post #43

Viking
Group Icon

Member No.: 1334

These trailers got me excited again. I really hope we will not be let down. But I won't start the hype just yet.

Did anyone listen carefully to the music? They changed it. It doesn't sound like the other trailers. I mean, it's the same music, but tweaked.

This post has been edited by Sabin: Dec 18 2007, 09:05 PM

--------------------
Final Fantasy XIII, a PS3 and 360 exclusive.
+Quote Post
Snake
post Dec 19 2007, 02:11 AM
Post #44

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 955

QUOTE(Grivenger @ Dec 18 2007, 07:38 AM) *

QUOTE(kamari-ice @ Dec 18 2007, 01:19 AM) *
Love is what makes Final Fantasy good.

So, only FFVIII and FFX are good FFs? Because they are the only ones where lvoe is a big focus. And maybe FFIX too. Romantic love is, in most of the FFs, just one of the many character's themes. In FFVI, for example, family love was as strong and dramatic as romantic love.

Well, FFVIII was my favorite game. The other FF games are good, but you get what I mean.
+Quote Post
BohemianAndy
post Dec 22 2007, 02:34 PM
Post #45

Dentist brah
Group Icon

Member No.: 1071

QUOTE(kamari-ice @ Dec 18 2007, 10:19 AM) *

Unrealistic, though? It's a game, how realistic can anything in a video game get? Crysis? Heck, that game is all graphics, with no core. :/ So, I would rather the unoriginal, and unrealistic love that you speak of, then boring scenes that involve characters that are all hyped up on hormones, and can't take action. I actually want a love scene in a Final Fantasy. Heck, if Mass Effect can do it, so can Final Fantasy. It's a risk, and it will require an M rating, but I'm all for companies taking risks.

Have you even played the game? mellow.gif

If you happened to have actually played the game, you would notice that the game has much more to it than meets the eye. And don't compare it to RPG's - its an FPS, and a damn good one at that.

--------------------
<3 FT//GRG2//Sarah
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th January 2018 - 02:46 PM

Copyright 2003-2007 FFXII.Net - All Rights Reserved - Disclaimer
Final Fantasy XII, FFXII & FF12 are registered trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd.