Reply to this topicStart new topic
> climate
Tidus1
post Dec 20 2007, 09:13 AM
Post #1

Ultimate Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 11856

what do you all think about global warming. personally i think that its just a load of rubbish because england is getting colder not hotter

--------------------
IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Fox
post Dec 20 2007, 10:30 AM
Post #2

Ninja Fox - The Silent Menace
Group Icon

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 2280

That's why it's called "Global Climate" change seeing as people realized its only getting hotter in certain places, which causes the polar ice to melt, which causes some places to get colder. I dunno how I feel about this, they have pretty strong evidence for its existence but then again they wont shut up about it so I almost wanna kill the environment outta spite!!!

--------------------
PSN: "corneliusfingers"
twitter: @corneliusfinger
Blog: Games Under the Knife
+Quote Post
Resurrection
post Dec 20 2007, 01:29 PM
Post #3

Love...the most powerful force on Earth
Group Icon

Member No.: 1047

There is also speculation and some evidence that it has nothing to do with the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, that it is just a part of the earth's climate cycle. How legitimate this evidence is, who knows.

--------------------
Make the 99 become 100
LIES PROTRUDE FROM THE MOUTH OF MAN, BUT EVERY WORD THAT COMES FROM THE MOUTH OF GOD IS LIFE.
I AM A LIAR
+Quote Post
rainbowbrat
post Dec 20 2007, 03:02 PM
Post #4

I dunno what I just saw.........
Group Icon

Member No.: 6298

QUOTE(Tidus1 @ Dec 20 2007, 01:13 AM) *

what do you all think about global warming. personally i think that its just a load of rubbish because england is getting colder not hotter

Global warming is a serious issue....

The greenhouse gasses are overheating the earth, which in turn is eating away at the o-zone layer, and that's a huge concern. If things keep going as they are, then it could mean the world could face serious issues, such as more intense storms, longer hotter droughts, coastal areas will get washed away/flooded completely, and well ya....we could burn up and die if it doesn't get under control.

Maybe it is just the earth evolving as well. It is still dangerous to us as human beings, but the world is constantly changing...I mean, look at how the earth looked 1000 years ago.....we may not get wiped out by comets like the dinosaurs, but we may get washed away, blown away or burned up tongue.gif

--------------------
Loving whipping e-wife to the sexy sexy ShymanDawn!!<3

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Tidus1
post Dec 21 2007, 09:12 AM
Post #5

Ultimate Member

Member No.: 11856

i know its a serious issue. people are trying to get countries like america and japan to stop making pollution but i dont see why they're not complaining anout china because china makes most of the pollution.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Resurrection
post Dec 21 2007, 02:35 PM
Post #6

Love...the most powerful force on Earth
Group Icon

Member No.: 1047

QUOTE(Tidus1 @ Dec 21 2007, 04:12 AM) *

i know its a serious issue. people are trying to get countries like america and japan to stop making pollution but i dont see why they're not complaining anout china because china makes most of the pollution.

Probably because they have a population of over 1 billion! (I think)

Add that to the fact that we hire them to produce tons of our goods, which inevitably causes pollution.

--------------------
Make the 99 become 100
LIES PROTRUDE FROM THE MOUTH OF MAN, BUT EVERY WORD THAT COMES FROM THE MOUTH OF GOD IS LIFE.
I AM A LIAR
+Quote Post
rainbowbrat
post Dec 21 2007, 03:22 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

QUOTE(Tidus1 @ Dec 21 2007, 01:12 AM) *

If you know it's serious, why did you say it was rubbish?

And you and Res are both wrong...They are making ALL countries reduce pollution by working on the bigger problems, ie: more fuel efficient cars, coal plants turning electric, and make use of the natural elements of life like wind and sun, and etc.

They are even breeding plants together to make a healthier grass for cows to eat so they burp less because a cows burps and farts have more methane than a SUV

Click Here to see

And Also Here

But those are just some small, yet interesting examples of what they are doing...and again...it IS ALL countries working on pollutin, not just Japan and America.

--------------------

IPB Image

+Quote Post
steiner
post Dec 22 2007, 01:13 AM
Post #8

It's been too long...
Group Icon

Member No.: 1745

I have to say that Tidus1's original argument was one of the worst I've heard in a long time.

From what I know, global warming is real. It is happening. The only thing is, we don't know by how much.

EDIT: America is especially bad though. China as well, although they have better excuses. I mean, since there are well over a billion Chinese people, and more of them are using cars, leading to big effects on the environments. Americans really need to tone it down. Although they're not the sole offendors, they are the worst on average.

--------------------
IPB Image
"Foolish. Picking fights with strangers in a place like this... I used to know someone like that. He was a loser... He refused to find beneficial ways to use his power. Instead, he'd seek out people to fight..." -Amarant Coral, FFIX
Mmmmm....Married to Garlz, Mel and KittenLittle.
+Quote Post
Fox
post Dec 22 2007, 01:48 AM
Post #9

Group Icon

I can understand how the US cause so many emissions but what bugs me is the unwillingness to do anythgin about it. What was the only major country that refused to sign the Kyoto agreement, the biggest and most important environmental agreement since this whole Global Cimate Change began? One guess.

Fortunately they're starting to do the whole "long term" thing and are gradually coming around. Thank Al Gore for that!

Personally I'm really bad environmentally. I turn lights off almost obsessivly but other than that I make very very little effort. Fortunately environmentally friendly technolgies are balancing laziness out a bit.

--------------------
+Quote Post
AkamaruFoxHound
post Dec 24 2007, 09:05 PM
Post #10

Royal Member

Member No.: 8721

QUOTE(Tidus1 @ Dec 20 2007, 02:13 AM) *

It's not what you would call "rubbish" is pretty serious, know the american government, all they talk is lies with the devil's tounge, the thought of global warming is pretty much going to happen any way, though it could be prevented it is even unsure if we should believe.

--------------------
IPB ImagePutrid Rot Fills Gaping Maws

IPB Image
+Quote Post
rainbowbrat
post Dec 24 2007, 09:07 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

know the american government, all they talk is lies with the devil's tounge,

Explain your position on that please...because like I stated, America and all the other countries are doing something about it.

--------------------

IPB Image

+Quote Post
AkamaruFoxHound
post Dec 26 2007, 12:17 AM
Post #12

Royal Member

Member No.: 8721

QUOTE(rainbowbrat @ Dec 24 2007, 02:07 PM) *

Explain your position on that please...because like I stated, America and all the other countries are doing something about it.

*sigh* it's obvious, a gov. that cannot be trusted...

--------------------
IPB ImagePutrid Rot Fills Gaping Maws

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Fox
post Dec 26 2007, 07:15 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

THat's right everything they say is a big conspiracy....

Goverments have no reason to lie about climate change. It doesn't make them money because they have to spend billions researching green technologies. And they have enough on their plate with the upcoming energy problems so they don't even have the time to lie about climate change!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
rainbowbrat
post Dec 27 2007, 02:30 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

QUOTE(AkamaruFoxHound @ Dec 25 2007, 04:17 PM) *

QUOTE(rainbowbrat @ Dec 24 2007, 02:07 PM) *

*sigh* it's obvious, a gov. that cannot be trusted...

That's a lame argument, you should come up with more than that...do YOU have anything to back up what you are saying? Any opinions based on experience? ANYTHING besides that?

Yes the government lies about some things, but not about the global warming issues.

--------------------

IPB Image

+Quote Post
JudasOne
post Dec 30 2007, 05:09 AM
Post #15

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 8730

I think the greenhouse effect is a big scam invented by scientist from all over the world just to justify their jobs and get more money to research something thats always been there and will always be there.
+Quote Post
sephirothfearsme
post Dec 30 2007, 05:46 AM
Post #16

Holy Member

From: The one using the weight bench in the Shinra Building
Member No.: 4204

Yes, global warming or climate change or whatever you want to call it is real. But most of the problems do not lie withing the governments, it lies with us the people. Why do the American car makers not make more enviromentally friendly cars like Europe? Because most Americans want a huge gas guzzling behemoth that only gets like 8 mpg! I don't know about other countries, but I'm sure there are things that they could do to help reduce the effect but the everyday people and their actions do not promote the companies to produce those types of products.

Point in case- stop blaming governments and start blaming ourselves. Remember when you point the finger at someone you have 3 pointing back at you!

--------------------
If you are the only one doing it, then its probably not worth doing!
+Quote Post
JudasOne
post Dec 30 2007, 05:55 AM
Post #17

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 8730

Anyone who's not recycling can keep their traps shut also.
+Quote Post
rainbowbrat
post Dec 31 2007, 03:30 PM
Post #18

Group Icon

QUOTE(JudasOne @ Dec 29 2007, 09:09 PM) *

I think the greenhouse effect is a big scam invented by scientist from all over the world just to justify their jobs and get more money to research something thats always been there and will always be there.

Tell me you are joking because this is complete BS.

Do you say this just because Bush refused to sign Kyoto Protocol? Did you know that he did this because he said it set unrealistic goals and would hurt our economy? He did it because it was NOT profitable? Did you know that he DID submit an alternative to the bill, but that was shot down as well? (not by much though)

ALthough the Bush administration didn't sign, doesn't mean that most of the businesses and people are not trying to help in the fight against it. Everyone is doing what they can despite the B. Admin refusing to join in the fight with the other countries.

Yes, it will always be there and eventually it will be the only thing that will be there because it will eventually kill off all living things.

We are already seeing the effects of global warming...we have had more droughts, floods, hurricanes, and other severe weather in the last few years due to it. The glaciers and ice sheets are melting which will cause the sea levels to rise 13-20 feet by the end of the century.

Because the O-zone layer is depleting, skin cancer for humans and animals is increasing. Malignant melanoma (serious skin cancer) has increased by 1800 percent since the 1930's. UV is a deadly thing, and it does more damage than just skin cancer...it effects the immune system and your eyes.

The earth has it's normal cycles of warming and cooling, and I do not remember how long they last, but I do know we are almost at the end of out interglacial cycle and the earth should be cooling back down, but it's not. It is continuing to warm up.

So now, explain to me how it is a scam that they made up to get more money.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Why do the American car makers not make more enviromentally friendly cars like Europe?

Umm...we do have environmentally safe cars, it's just they are really really expensive. Hybrid cars, bio fuel vehicles are all on the road now. It's not that we want gas guzzlers..(ffs look at the gas prices) it's that most of us can not afford one.

Point in case- stop blaming governments and start blaming ourselves.

Exactly...the government plays a small role in the issue, and if we all continue helping out and lowering emmissions, then we should be able to reduce the GHG without the help of the government.

--------------------

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Marblefist
post Jan 2 2008, 01:00 PM
Post #19

Negrodamus
Group Icon

Member No.: 1545

I believe that global warming IS ocurring, Tidus 1, have you been in the UK over christmas!!!? It has been far warmer than it should have been (in London anyway). It is happening naturally and there are downsides but humans produce a small portion of the issue, we have to adapt to the planet not make the planet adapt to us. Unless the USA makes significant cuts China wont either, and you can imagine from their own viewpoint they are thinking, they did what we are doing now, why dont they want us to continue to progress?

The Government plays a small role!!! They are the people who represent us and are the only ones who can get us to function as a collective through the implementation of law. There aren't enough individuals among us willing to make a change it has to be done through government.

--------------------
Until I force Xiitharn to make me a new sig this writing will have to suffice.
+Quote Post
rainbowbrat
post Jan 2 2008, 02:28 PM
Post #20

Group Icon

The Government plays a small role!!! They are the people who represent us and are the only ones who can get us to function as a collective through the implementation of law. There aren't enough individuals among us willing to make a change it has to be done through government.

I disagree with this.....sorta.

There are a lot of people that are willing to make that change here. "Going Green" as they say, is picking up a lot, and more and more people/businesses are getting involved.
The more amount of people that get involoved, the more we can do, and that would be more than the government has set as a guideline.
(afterall, "we the people" outnumber the government, and shouldn't have to wait for them to "motivate" us....) tongue.gif

However, you are right that some people aren't willing to help, but I bet if they were better educated on the situation, they would be more than willing.

--------------------

IPB Image

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th December 2018 - 10:09 PM

Copyright 2003-2007 FFXII.Net - All Rights Reserved - Disclaimer
Final Fantasy XII, FFXII & FF12 are registered trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd.