Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rate the whole game on x/10, If that topic doesn't follow the guidelines, delete it.
Rate the whole game on x/10
Please, vote.
1 - It sucks! [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 - Could be better. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 - I've seen better. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 - Lacks so many things... [ 1 ] ** [4.17%]
5 - Meh... [ 2 ] ** [8.33%]
6 - Good, but far from perfect. [ 4 ] ** [16.67%]
7 - Very good, but... [ 2 ] ** [8.33%]
8 - It's one of my favourites! [ 1 ] ** [4.17%]
9 - I'm a fan. [ 9 ] ** [37.50%]
10 - The Best Game Ever! [ 5 ] ** [20.83%]
Total Votes: 24
Guests cannot vote 
Chrono
post Jan 31 2008, 05:43 PM
Post #1

Royal Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2318

I only want to see on all the members, what you though of the game. Overall(y). If this topic is not good enough, just delete it. unsure.gif

PS : I don't want any flame war here, please.

This post has been edited by Chrono: Jan 31 2008, 05:44 PM

--------------------
Don'tcha wish your mooglefriend was hot like me? ~ PushyCaitSiths.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SilentBladez01
post Jan 31 2008, 07:03 PM
Post #2

Royal Member

Member No.: 13337

simply 10/10 the best game I have played in my 9 years of gaming.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
JudasOne
post Jan 31 2008, 08:24 PM
Post #3

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 8730

I'm a fan but this game could have used a few improvements. It was not perfect but it did come close and I have other more personal reasons for loving it.
+Quote Post
Chrono
post Jan 31 2008, 08:52 PM
Post #4

Royal Member

I voted 5/10. It's passable, though it's far from great in my honest opinion. I felt like this game was incomplete in many ways : characters development, storylines and stuffs like that. Music was good, gameplay was okay, but not perfect. Gambits could have been better, though it was boring to watch characters act by themselves. I didn't like the fact characters were clones of each others, that's probably why I'll try some Enforced Class System Challenge if I ever feel like it. For the replayability, I don't think I'll play it as much as I'll do with other games. It was too long to complete and well... unrewarding. Maybe if there was a New Game +, it would be funnier to restart the whole game. Well, I'll never know that feeling since I don't own the International version. FFXII-Int. Zod. Job. Sys. seems more complete than then first version of the game.

Well. That's it. 5/10 or 6/10 for me.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Marblefist
post Jan 31 2008, 09:14 PM
Post #5

Negrodamus
Group Icon

Member No.: 1545

9/10 for me, it's whole approach, gameplay wise deviated from the norm and has made a change which other rpg's are likely to follow. The scale, the artistic direction and the amount of things to do has made this the FF i have put the most hours in. The story could have been better yet i think that the structure of each dungeon and boss were good. So yeah, very few gripes for me, as a game compared to rivals it still stands as quality.

--------------------
Until I force Xiitharn to make me a new sig this writing will have to suffice.
+Quote Post
steiner
post Jan 31 2008, 09:53 PM
Post #6

It's been too long...
Group Icon

Member No.: 1745

Im a fan.

FFXII was awesome in terms of gameplay and presentation. The story was decent but not spectacular. The best game ever is of course FFIX!

--------------------
IPB Image
"Foolish. Picking fights with strangers in a place like this... I used to know someone like that. He was a loser... He refused to find beneficial ways to use his power. Instead, he'd seek out people to fight..." -Amarant Coral, FFIX
Mmmmm....Married to Garlz, Mel and KittenLittle.
+Quote Post
girlsrgamers2
post Jan 31 2008, 10:03 PM
Post #7

Life's a journey, not a destination.
Group Icon

Member No.: 4088

9/10

I really enjoyed FFXII. The story was a bit subtle, which isn't a bad thing. The gameplay was phenomenal. I loved the hunts. I liked the flexibility of customizing each character exactly how I wanted. My only complaints are the story could've been a bit deeper, I would've liked to see a little more character development, and the espers were weak. Other than that, it was a fun and enjoyable game.

--------------------
♥♥♥ BohemianAndy ♥♥♥
IPB Image
♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
sig by andrzej
Proud member of the Viera and Hippie families
+Quote Post
Jeg
post Feb 1 2008, 07:37 AM
Post #8

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 789

5/10

The only thing I like about this game is the fighting system. The rest of it was a huge letdown. The story is way too complicated and boring with all this political bullshit going on. It's hard to follow especially in the beginning when they throw it all at you when you first pick up the game. I think it's too much information to process. They need to get you accustom to the world first before they can start getting into the real meat of the story.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Tidus1
post Feb 1 2008, 10:09 AM
Post #9

Ultimate Member

Member No.: 11856

i thought it was one of my best games but not good enough to be the best game ever

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
sephirothfearsme
post Feb 2 2008, 05:00 PM
Post #10

Holy Member

From: The one using the weight bench in the Shinra Building
Member No.: 4204

7/10

It was a great game and I'm currently doing another run through it, so that says something. The story, as stated already, was a little weak i.e. going long stretches of game with no story at all. Another, as already stated was character development or the lack thereof. Overall it is a great game, the battle engine is phenomenal (sp?). The hunts were great, and the rare game creatures were a real challenge sometimes. I have yet to fight Omega or Yiazmat so after then I might rate higher or lower, but for now it is a 7.

--------------------
If you are the only one doing it, then its probably not worth doing!
+Quote Post
Dark Yuna
post Feb 2 2008, 05:49 PM
Post #11

Browncoat
Group Icon

Member No.: 2258

8/10

Not the greatest game ever, but it kept me entertained for a few weeks (at which point I had finished it). The number of side-quests, such as the bounty hunting, etc. was great fun, and battling Yiazmat was one of the best battles I have had while playing a game. The only problem with the game was that the characters weren't particularly exciting (exception: Balthier).

--------------------
IPB Image

Married to Kira Lee and fierytempest

+Quote Post
asa.rand
post Apr 29 2008, 06:26 AM
Post #12

Member No.: 5283

I've read many replies, in many threads, that have negative opinions of the battle system. Except for the attack lines that show you which character is targeting what foe, or being targeted by what foe, the mode of attack is the same as Star Ocean 3. I have seen Nel take off running past Fayt because she targeted an enemy before he did.

I personally like the battle system. I can direct the fight, rather than having to dictate every move the characters make. Plus, I have the liberty of choosing when I want to fight instead of having to be thrown into one unexpected fight after another. FFX is great, but there were times I wanted to throw the controller because I was trying to get to a certain place and I couldn't take Tidus more than 3 steps without another fight happening.

Plus, if you look at the way these games are evolving, the time is coming soon when we will have a helmet we wear that allows us to enter a virtual 3D world; where all of the characters and places and things are so realistic that the only way we remember we are in a game is the fact that we are sweating under this helmet that we've had on for hours.

And how do you suppose battles will be handled in that game?

Look out, Holodeck ahead! wink.gif

+Quote Post
N2Y
post Apr 30 2008, 07:38 PM
Post #13

Wiiii Love PS3... and Jessica Alba! And Penelope Cruz!
Group Icon

Member No.: 734

I voted 6/10.

From reading some replies, I came to the conclusion that story progress is extremely important in a game. The problem with FFXII was that many parts of the game was soley based on gameplay with no story at all, like sephirothfearsme pointed out before.

Games that did not have this problem were the ones I love and see as the best FF games ever made (FFVIII, FFIX, FFX).

Too bad, since they could have made this story really interesting.

It's also a bit disappointing seen the fact that they needed more than 4 games to explain the world of Ivalice, where a game like FFVIII just needed one game to explain me the situation and made me love the world so much more...

Major disappointment.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Burrgle
post May 1 2008, 02:01 PM
Post #14

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 444

I gave it a six. Even though I thought it was a good game...I was majorly dissapointed story wise. Battle wise at times too. But I cant really bash it too much because I did enjoy playing it until I saw that the story never got better.

--------------------
IPB Image
Thank you so much Auro!!!!
+Quote Post
hevrae
post May 4 2008, 08:43 AM
Post #15

Canela e Mazagăo
Group Icon

Member No.: 431

I gave it a 9/10.

And it is not because I'm a fan (which I am) but it's actually because of the whole background story; the whole thing, how it worked, the Occuria amazed me so much; the flow of the game and the style (architecture, clothing, they all suited very well on that part). I really liked the whole characters, but as some also listed, it does feel incomplete, the main story is poor and it ends very quickly, there's not much exploration of their stories or what so ever. Still, the explorable areas were too many dungeons, which if you remove them, the game becomes even more poor story-wise.

Nevertheless, it is a very good game, and it is mostly the background story that made me continue the whole game. The game play is interesting but it becomes a bit repetative (sp?) after a while.

--------------------
+Quote Post
silentaura
post May 6 2008, 03:55 AM
Post #16

HISSATSU!
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2098

I was a die hard fan of FFXII... (Beat it after a month when the Japan version got released) So I have vague memories of this game.

I'll still give a 9, since I pretty much enjoy most of its aspects. Rubbish storyline and pushy character development doesn't bother me as much. The story is far too political, but it doesn't ruin the flow. Gameplay is a big plus, also, the monster design may not be fashionable, but it has that archival quality to it, I liked it alot. Cast setting and the classification of the races fits perfectly well. As for the music, I'm not a good critic but I'll still stick a thumb up tongue.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
Shameless advertisement - FFi Forum FAQ & Rules v2.3
+Quote Post
Chrono
post May 12 2008, 01:01 PM
Post #17

Royal Member

FFX is great, but there were times I wanted to throw the controller because I was trying to get to a certain place and I couldn't take Tidus more than 3 steps without another fight happening.

Omega Ruins are epic. Though battles can be addictive at time. You only need to train a lot. Like FF12. It's still grinding. You get battles anywhere and you still have the chance to get beaten like a pulp if you're underleveled. Like, the uber monsters in low level monsters' sections. Each games has their frustrations.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th July 2018 - 12:24 AM

© Copyright 2003-2007 FFXII.Net - All Rights Reserved - Disclaimer
Final Fantasy XII, FFXII & FF12 are registered trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd.