> Women's Bone Marrow Into Sperm
Fox
post Feb 6 2008, 02:51 AM
Post #21

Ninja Fox - The Silent Menace
Group Icon

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 2280

I will concede its not to be encouraged as a substitute to sex. Whilst not having guys around may be many womens dream they would soon miss us and all our football watching piggyness biggrin.gif

--------------------
PSN: "corneliusfingers"
twitter: @corneliusfinger
Blog: Games Under the Knife
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Resurrection
post Feb 6 2008, 02:59 AM
Post #22

Love...the most powerful force on Earth
Group Icon

Member No.: 1047

Football as in soccer? Ha, I don't usually imagine guys sitting around and being pigs while watching that sport, usually just American football or car racing. But I guess in America football is widely considered not as manly as American football. But I guess pretty much EVERYWHERE ELSE in the world it would be different.

--------------------
Make the 99 become 100
LIES PROTRUDE FROM THE MOUTH OF MAN, BUT EVERY WORD THAT COMES FROM THE MOUTH OF GOD IS LIFE.
I AM A LIAR
+Quote Post
Dawn
post Feb 6 2008, 08:08 AM
Post #23

Embrace your dreams
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 126

You are right. In Europe guys are crazy about soccer.

I'm not anyway, but it would be glad that Real Madrid would lost the League this year biggrin.gif

--------------------
Once known as shyman

QUOTE(Steve Kilbey)
Something must be wrong when weapons are legal and pot is banned

QUOTE(rainbowbrat)
I am a carnivore, though, I eat all kinds of meat :p

member of the Singles family,Hippie family and GOD family

Married to the loving Rainbowbrat
+Quote Post
Adrammalech
post Feb 6 2008, 02:41 PM
Post #24

Nothing Can express it
Group Icon

Member No.: 3145

QUOTE(shyman @ Feb 6 2008, 06:08 AM) *

You are right. In Europe guys are crazy about soccer.

I'm not anyway, but it would be glad that Real Madrid would lost the League this year biggrin.gif

I feel the same

Now now now, i speak as a man and nothing more, i completely hate this, i dont know if it a natural instinct of feeling in a state of danger because but i am completely in counter of this, there a lot of other ways to Have children for those Esteril

--------------------
+Quote Post
Chrono
post Feb 9 2008, 09:37 AM
Post #25

Royal Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2318

Eww... Couldn't they do something else, like doing researches on AIDS? ... Eww...

Ressurection, I feel r-e-a-l-l-y insulted that you get the urge to talk about religion e-v-e-r-y-w-h-e-r-e in the Debate Corner. I know you love that kind of stuff, but that wasn't appropriate here. It was about science, not about spiritual matters.

This post has been edited by Chrono: Feb 9 2008, 09:56 AM

--------------------
Don'tcha wish your mooglefriend was hot like me? ~ PushyCaitSiths.
+Quote Post
Fox
post Feb 9 2008, 01:29 PM
Post #26

Group Icon

I dunno. "Using womens bone marrow for sperm is morally wrong" sounds like an appropriate discussion point, and if your morality comes from religion then that's perfectly valid, is it not?

I mean, I'm the first person to argue against religion but that doesn't mean it's an invalid discussion point. I bring up my anti-religious or scientific views to most of the threads I participate on here. You wouldn't say they are out of place.

--------------------
+Quote Post
steiner
post Feb 9 2008, 02:03 PM
Post #27

It's been too long...
Group Icon

Member No.: 1745

^Fox said what I was gonna say.

Although I wouldnt say I'm anti-religious. Im just anti-using religion as your most important moral base. I think that doing so is dangerous.

--------------------
IPB Image
"Foolish. Picking fights with strangers in a place like this... I used to know someone like that. He was a loser... He refused to find beneficial ways to use his power. Instead, he'd seek out people to fight..." -Amarant Coral, FFIX
Mmmmm....Married to Garlz, Mel and KittenLittle.
+Quote Post
Chrono
post Feb 9 2008, 02:24 PM
Post #28

Royal Member

You're totally wrong.
It wasn't based on religious thoughts, it was based on a thought like : "Oh my god, that is gross." I never SAID that it was wrong.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Fox
post Feb 9 2008, 02:27 PM
Post #29

Group Icon

I was referring to your comments about Resurrections posts.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Chrono
post Feb 9 2008, 02:59 PM
Post #30

Royal Member

Well, that is not appropriate to always take the Bible as a tool for a debate. There are many religions in this world and we don't need to always read quotes about so many different Bibles and etc. What about the musulmans, the buddhist, the jews and others? Think about them, people. Religion is definitely not appropriate on a video game based board. *coughs*

After all, this is a board mainly for Final Fantasy XII, people barely talk about the game anymore since the merchandising is all about Final Fantasy XIII now. But... Religions? On a debate thread about Women's Bone Marrow Into Sperm? Isn't that going a little bit too far? There already are a lot of religious view topic. I don't see why there should be so many religious thoughts in every topic here. It's like imposing your beliefs to others and that is not right.

Resurrection, I know you're religious and all, good for you. But if you're not here to talk about gaming, why do you even stay here? 40% of your posts are all about Debates. I know I shouldn't tell you this, but don't you think another board would be better for you? Like theologies and religions. This Debate Corner is not about saying "Religion this, religion that." It's about telling your own feelings, your own thoughts and it looks like all you can say is something based on religion. I don't want to start a war, okay? That's only what I read about your posts.

Now, I hope you guys understand how I feel. Religion hasn't to be everywhere...

This post has been edited by Chrono: Feb 9 2008, 03:00 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Fox
post Feb 9 2008, 03:18 PM
Post #31

Group Icon

You're missing the point entirely! This hasn't tuned into a "Does god exist?" debate. Resurrection thinks that the subject of the topic is morally wrong. The next question we ask is "Why do you think that?"

If the reply is "My religion teaches it" then it's a valid reply. It is a reason. Us who argue against that point of view then have to deconstruct why the religion teaches it. You can't have a debate if you disregard people's reasons for thinking things.

What good ios a debate without "why"? And if the "why" is religion, then there's no problem with it in here.

By the way, the site may be FFXII.net but I think coming to the debate thread to say "Why are you not talking about Final Fantasy?!?!" is a stupid thing to do. That's why we have different topics and such, so discussion about games doesn't get caught up in matters like this.

And most of my posts are in here now as well as, looking forward as I am to FFXIII, I am not too bothered about the HYPE. But that isn't a problem, it's what I feel like doing. But when its someone religious, suddenly they're a target.

If you think their beliefs are idiotic, say that. Say "I think you're misguided for these reasons". That's what the debate thread is for. Funnily enough alot of what is said is base don religion because...religious people base alot of their life on religion!!!!!!!!! If you're a Christian you don't come out and say "My church teaches this is wrong but that is not part of my decision".

Let me give you a parrallel. Most of my arguments for morality and such are based in some way from evolution. So I talk about evolution. ALOT. Because that is where my beliefs come from. No-ones ever pointed out anything wrong with that.

You wanna talk about gaming, fine. But don't come onto the debate thread and then criticise people for debating.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Chrono
post Feb 9 2008, 03:23 PM
Post #32

Royal Member

Wow... You didn't have to go mad about one's opinion. Too bad you didn't understand how embarrassing it is to always read religious stuffs when you're talking about science. You didn't understand me at all. I'm done talking because it seems no one will ever understand how I feel.

This post has been edited by Chrono: Feb 9 2008, 03:24 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
BohemianAndy
post Feb 9 2008, 03:26 PM
Post #33

Dentist brah
Group Icon

Member No.: 1071

QUOTE(Fox @ Feb 10 2008, 12:18 AM) *

If you think their beliefs are idiotic, say that. Say "I think you're misguided for these reasons". That's what the debate thread is for. Funnily enough alot of what is said is base don religion because...religious people base alot of their life on religion!!!!!!!!! If you're a Christian you don't come out and say "My church teaches this is wrong but that is not part of my decision".

Let me give you a parrallel. Most of my arguments for morality and such are based in some way from evolution. So I talk about evolution. ALOT. Because that is where my beliefs come from. No-ones ever pointed out anything wrong with that.

You wanna talk about gaming, fine. But don't come onto the debate thread and then criticise people for debating.

Those points have summed up my thoughts about Chrono's statements perfectly. If you aren't going to debate a topic in the regular fashion and just slander other people's views without proper rebuttal, then I don't think you should be entering the Debate Forum at all, Chrono. The debate forum is the only section of this forum that has a semblance of integrity and fair, informed arguments. If Resurrection stands by his religious views when debating a controversial topic such as this, then that's HIS choice and not yours. You have no right to question him there.

Too bad you didn't understand how embarrassing it is to always read religious stuffs when you're talking about science.

Well, to be honest Chrono, it's no where near as "embarassing" as reading superfluous arguments made purely on emotion and personal attack, rather than intelligent and thoughtful responses that at least acknowledges the opinion's of others in a fair way.

Wow... You didn't have to go mad about one's opinion.

It's ironic how you state that about Fox's reply.

---

Anyway - back on topic...

--------------------
<3 FT//GRG2//Sarah
+Quote Post
Chrono
post Feb 9 2008, 03:27 PM
Post #34

Royal Member

Okay, okay. That's alright. We're done about talking about it. Let's move on.

- - -
(But it so feels like a broken record!)
- - -

About the main topic, I too am interested by science and evolution. I wonder how it will evolute with time.

Well, to be honest Chrono, it's no where near as "embarassing" as reading superfluous arguments made purely on emotion and personal attack, rather than intelligent and thoughtful responses that at least acknowledges the opinion's of others in a fair way.

You would think like that if religion rejected you all life.

This post has been edited by Chrono: Feb 9 2008, 03:31 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Fox
post Feb 9 2008, 03:31 PM
Post #35

Group Icon

The science behind something like this confuses the hell out of me. So women need guys for our sperm...but in actual fact sperm can be created from the women's bone marrow.....but not men's bone marrow...

It's the sort of science that makes no logical sense on the face of it! *explodes*

--------------------
+Quote Post
Chrono
post Feb 9 2008, 03:33 PM
Post #36

Royal Member

I think it's funny that science and biology are complex things. Funny because some will never understand it while others will be fascinated, like me. I love biology, I even took a course about it and aced a 86% as a final score. Knowing that women marrow can do that is a sign that everything is possible in life. smile.gif

It's ironic how you state that about Fox's reply.

Man, we're so done with that.

PS : I put Res' on my Ignore List so I won't even read his stuffs again. Now I won't make another scene about it. I had learn my lesson.

This post has been edited by Chrono: Feb 9 2008, 03:38 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
BohemianAndy
post Feb 9 2008, 03:38 PM
Post #37

Dentist brah
Group Icon

Member No.: 1071

QUOTE(Fox @ Feb 10 2008, 12:31 AM) *

The science behind something like this confuses the hell out of me. So women need guys for our sperm...but in actual fact sperm can be created from the women's bone marrow.....but not men's bone marrow...

It's the sort of science thatmakes no logical sense on the face of it! *explodes*

Lol, science is reaching things that are quite incomprehensible at times. I love the potential application that stem cells have for medical research, but when it comes to instances such as converting women's bone marrow into sperm, there are ethical considerations that must be observed.

--------------------
<3 FT//GRG2//Sarah
+Quote Post
Chrono
post Feb 9 2008, 03:39 PM
Post #38

Royal Member

B.A. could you edit your last post please, it's hard to read.
Edit : Never mind, you did it.

Lol, science is reaching things that are quite incomprehensible at times. I love the potential application that stem cells have for medical research, but when it comes to instances such as converting women's bone marrow into sperm, there are ethical considerations that must be observed.

Do you think it'd be possible for a woman to be pregnant with her own marrow? blink.gif blink.gif

This post has been edited by Chrono: Feb 9 2008, 03:41 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Fox
post Feb 9 2008, 03:44 PM
Post #39

Group Icon

Asexual human reproduction? THAT'S gonna bugger up the gene pool!!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Chrono
post Feb 9 2008, 03:48 PM
Post #40

Royal Member

QUOTE(Fox @ Feb 9 2008, 11:44 AM) *

Asexual human reproduction? THAT'S gonna bugger up the gene pool!!!!

That is what I call true revolution... That might become an interesting option for homosexual women couples. I mean, if they don't want to adopt of get pregnant with a stranger, they could always use they own... marrow... beee.gif Kinda disgusting when you think about it, but it sounds awesome! And think about heterosexual couples who can't have their own children. Maybe the husband won't be able to give his wife the sperm, but the wife will be able to do that for him! angel.gif Women knowing that should know how they are amazing now. biggrin.gif Way to go girls!

This post has been edited by Chrono: Feb 9 2008, 03:48 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th July 2018 - 03:02 AM

Copyright 2003-2007 FFXII.Net - All Rights Reserved - Disclaimer
Final Fantasy XII, FFXII & FF12 are registered trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd.