Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Speculation on FFXIII demo, Which media format will we see it in?
fat_moogle
post Feb 19 2008, 12:32 PM
Post #1

:DD:
Group Icon

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 1626

Square Union speculates on which format we will recieve the demo in, be it a PSN download, on a seperate disc, or packed in with another Square Enix game (The site speaks of how, if this were to become true, that packing a demo in with 'The Last Remnant' would be a good oppurtunity for SE to make a lot of money from the PS3 version of the game. As well as benefiting Sony slightly, with FF fans purchasing a PS3 before they were originally going to)

So what do you think we will get?

If it IS packed in with 'The Last Remnant' (remembering that this is only speculation from this site) I hope the demo will be included with the European version of the game...

*remembers cursing SE when no FFXII demo came packed in with the PAL DQVIII*

Source

--------------------
IPB Image

<3 Married to the amazingly awesome, perfect, and beautiful PG & LL <3
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
steiner
post Feb 19 2008, 12:54 PM
Post #2

It's been too long...
Group Icon

Member No.: 1745

lol, I was just reading this already on another forum.

Anyway, I think it would be a great idea. It would increase sales for TLR and may even result in the creation of a brand new huge series of games.

--------------------
IPB Image
"Foolish. Picking fights with strangers in a place like this... I used to know someone like that. He was a loser... He refused to find beneficial ways to use his power. Instead, he'd seek out people to fight..." -Amarant Coral, FFIX
Mmmmm....Married to Garlz, Mel and KittenLittle.
+Quote Post
fat_moogle
post Feb 19 2008, 02:13 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Yea, I think it would be a good idea too. The Last Remnant looks to have a lot of potential, and I expect it will have good sales, even without a FFXIII demo. (especially the PS3 version in Japan --- not so much America)

It's frustrating how The Last Remnant launches at the same time in Japan and America, and us Europeans have to wait...how long, who knows. I would import it from America (if the wait is ridiculously long, which it probably will be --- translating into all the EU languages etc) but I don't know how.

EDIT:

I found some sites

videogames plus ca

games-asia

Do you just buy games like normal (extra shipping costs obviously) but enter your whereaboys etc?

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Snake
post Feb 20 2008, 12:02 AM
Post #4

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 955

I would love it would come packed in with The Last Remnant. Only for the PS3 version of course. The Last Remnant seems interesting, but I wouldn't buy it if it didn't come with an FFXIII demo.
+Quote Post
Sabin
post Feb 20 2008, 01:22 AM
Post #5

Viking
Group Icon

Member No.: 1334

I somehow doubt we will get a demo. It will most probably be playable at E3, but no way will we be able to play it on our own consoles.

That is ofcourse if SE wants easy money, then they put a demo with LR.
I remember the FF XII demo was not well recieved. It didn't feature all options, and this has scared Square from giving us a demo.

--------------------
Final Fantasy XIII, a PS3 and 360 exclusive.
+Quote Post
fat_moogle
post Feb 20 2008, 11:06 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

QUOTE(kamari-ice @ Feb 20 2008, 12:02 AM) *

I would love it would come packed in with The Last Remnant. Only for the PS3 version of course. The Last Remnant seems interesting, but I wouldn't buy it if it didn't come with an FFXIII demo.

Really? I think it looks good. Different. However, I have a feeling that the 360 version will run more smoothly, seeing that The Last Remnant is being developed using the Unreal 3 Engine

QUOTE(Sabin @ Feb 20 2008, 01:22 AM) *

That is ofcourse if SE wants easy money, then they put a demo with LR.
I remember the FF XII demo was not well recieved. It didn't feature all options, and this has scared Square from giving us a demo.

Yea, I remember there was a lot of hate going round about the FFXII demo. Even so, I would still loved to have had an oppurtunity to play it (like FFX demo)

Maybe IF they package with The Last Remnant, the FFXIII demo will be exclusive to Europe xD (I can dream!)

...anyway, let's wait until E3. (SO LONG)

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Snake
post Feb 20 2008, 11:46 PM
Post #7

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 955

QUOTE(fat_moogle @ Feb 20 2008, 05:06 PM) *

Really? I think it looks good. Different. However, I have a feeling that the 360 version will run more smoothly, seeing that The Last Remnant is being developed using the Unreal 3 Engine

Yes, really. It uses Turn-Based battles, which I'm no longer a fan of. I could get use to it, but only if an FFXIII demo comes with it, haha. This is Square-Enix we are talking about, it will run smoothly on both systems. UT3 already shows that the Unreal Engine can run on the PS3, and with Square-Enix behind this game, there is no doubt that both versions will be the same. If DMC4 can look the same on both systems, so can The Last Remnant.
+Quote Post
steiner
post Feb 20 2008, 11:49 PM
Post #8

It's been too long...
Group Icon

Member No.: 1745

^Nah, its real time.

You do select commands though, but you gotta select them fast since no one's gonna wait for you. No random battles either. Its supposed to be a unique battle system.

Anyway, that's the impression I got.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_Remnant

I was the one who editted wiki (yeah, lol, Ima loser) saying 'turn burst battle system'. But its not the traditional turn based battles. What exactly it is, we dont really know. But we do know you cant hang around.

--------------------
IPB Image
"Foolish. Picking fights with strangers in a place like this... I used to know someone like that. He was a loser... He refused to find beneficial ways to use his power. Instead, he'd seek out people to fight..." -Amarant Coral, FFIX
Mmmmm....Married to Garlz, Mel and KittenLittle.
+Quote Post
fat_moogle
post Feb 21 2008, 12:14 AM
Post #9

Group Icon

@K-I: Yea, I'm sure your right. I haven't seen UT3 yet, as it doesn't release here until Friday. But, like you say, if DMC4 can look good...

...*waits for The Last Remnant*

@Steiner: That 'turn burst' battle system sounds pretty good. Seems like SE has taken a liking to fast paced gameplay, and it will be interesting to see what they come up with (both for this & FFXIII...we know a little about that from the trailer, but hardly enough.)

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2018 - 09:57 AM

Copyright 2003-2007 FFXII.Net - All Rights Reserved - Disclaimer
Final Fantasy XII, FFXII & FF12 are registered trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd.