> Codename: "Rapture", The new MMORPG from Square Enix
fat_moogle
post Feb 25 2008, 08:38 PM
Post #1

:DD:
Group Icon

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 1626

Several new images and information from Taku Murata's session at this year's GDC have appeared online, revealing the name of Square Enix's next generation MMORPG: codename "Rapture". Square Enix has already revealed the MMORPG is under development using Crystal Tools.

We have already learned Square Enix's engine supports the PlayStation 3, Xbox360, PC and the Wii in a limited way. This means the new MMORPG will probably be released for all three next generation consoles.

'Crystal Tools' is what was previosuly known as the 'White Engine'.

I wonder what will become of this game? Hopefully we will be getting some more information on the game soon. More FFXIII info would be nice though, that takes priority on my list.

[hopefully this link will work --- sources to N4G, but N4G doesn't work on my computer]

HOPEFULLY links to source

--------------------
IPB Image

<3 Married to the amazingly awesome, perfect, and beautiful PG & LL <3
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Delusive
post Feb 25 2008, 09:19 PM
Post #2

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2987

Yea, apparently the White Engine is multiplatform. Anyway, when I first read this, I thought "Bioshock."

Sounds kind of cool. If I got into an MMORPG, it'd probably either be the DC one that's coming up (for PC/PS3) or WoW.

--------------------
Most Anticipated Title(s): Mass Effect and Lost Odyssey
Now Playing: Halo 3, Blue Dragon, Call of Duty 2, and Gears of War
+Quote Post
Rubber Ducky
post Mar 8 2008, 02:51 PM
Post #3

Ultimate Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 6947

A square-enix mmorpg is something I've wanted for a very, very long time (or as they used to be called in those days, Squaresoft) and when one came along (ff11) it was pay-to-play with monthly subscriptions >.< so I am very excited about rapture and if the online play is free then i will probably buy just cuz I'm a squareenix fanboy >3<

+Quote Post
Snake
post Mar 9 2008, 10:48 PM
Post #4

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 955

Who is betting on when we see any media from Rapture? I bet on a year or two from now. xD Anyways, sounds cool. I wonder if it's going to be a part of the 13 milking fest.
+Quote Post
fat_moogle
post Mar 9 2008, 11:59 PM
Post #5

:DD:
Group Icon

Member No.: 1626

QUOTE(Rubber Ducky @ Mar 8 2008, 02:51 PM) *

A square-enix mmorpg is something I've wanted for a very, very long time (or as they used to be called in those days, Squaresoft) and when one came along (ff11) it was pay-to-play with monthly subscriptions >.< so I am very excited about rapture and if the online play is free then i will probably buy just cuz I'm a squareenix fanboy >3<

Yea, I didn't buy FFXI because of the pay-to-play. If it were free I would have been all over it. I hope Rapture will be free though. If not then I won't be buying it (besides, SE should be making enough money already from people who still play FFXI!)

QUOTE(kamari-ice @ Mar 9 2008, 10:48 PM) *

Who is betting on when we see any media from Rapture? I bet on a year or two from now. xD Anyways, sounds cool. I wonder if it's going to be a part of the 13 milking fest.

We probably won't be seeing any media until TGS at the earliest, and I doubt it will be part of the FNC. Don't go starting any rumours, KI! Before we know it threads like "FFXIII TO 360!!11!" will be popping up everywhere tongue.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

<3 Married to the amazingly awesome, perfect, and beautiful PG & LL <3
+Quote Post
(Phoenix)
post Mar 22 2008, 08:55 PM
Post #6

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1889

Free MMO's are almost non existant, you can guarantee Rapture will be P2P
+Quote Post
Dynus
post May 4 2008, 11:11 PM
Post #7

Group: Members
Member No.: 17035

Yeah expect to always pay monthly for mmorpgs. There are free ones out there but they are really low quality games(I know from experience) and you will end up having to pay for it in some other form other than a monthly fee whether its buying gear sets, abilities, ect.

But really a monthly fee is not a big deal if your going to play an mmorpg since they will take a lot of your time you will actually be saving money spending all your time dedicated to the game instead of going out and doing other things which also cost money or buying other games (if you really get into an MMO, which you will need to if you want to get anywhere in it, you wont have time to buy and play other games along with it)

But yeah I'm really looking forward to playing this new SE mmo, I am a FFXI veteran I have been playing it since 2003ish and I recently canceled my account a few months ago. Most of the FFXI online community will probably join this game as well because SE will more than likely stop supporting FFXI and it's community is dying.

This post has been edited by Dynus: May 4 2008, 11:12 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2018 - 03:43 AM

Copyright 2003-2007 FFXII.Net - All Rights Reserved - Disclaimer
Final Fantasy XII, FFXII & FF12 are registered trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd.