Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Friendly Advice, A script
Wolfeyes
post Mar 7 2008, 04:05 AM
Post #1

Certified Bookworm

Group: Members
From: Somewhere up above the USA boarder. (Care to take a guess?)
Member No.: 963

This is the script for a scene I wrote and am directing for drama class.

Friendly Advice

*Lights down. The sound of sirens are heard overhead. When the lights come on, Drew is in his room. Chloe enters*

Chloe: Hey…

Drew: Chloe? What’re you doing here?

Chloe: Sorry, is this a bad time? Your mom let me in-

Drew: No, it’s not that. I thought the ski club left this morning. Wasn’t it supposed to be an overnighter?

Chloe: We didn’t get there. The driver messed up so the trip was cancelled.

Drew: Damn, that sucks… You were going on about it all week and it gets cancelled because of the driver? What happened anyway?

Chloe: Let’s just say the chaperones weren’t too happy.

Drew: *Laughs* I can imagine. Let me guess, Mr. Sukhy was probably jumping up and down screaming at the guy with that squeaky tone. ‘Irresponsible! Absolutely irresponsible! Didn’t your parents teach you better? Honestly, if I were in charge, you would be have to write 50 000 word essay on responsibility like the rest of my misbehaving students!’ That sound about right?

Chloe: *Quietly laughs* You could imitate him perfectly, right down to the squeak.

Drew: It’s a gift. So, how’d you get back anyway? Were you guys far or what?

Chloe: It’s a long story, kind of embarrassing actually.

Drew: Why, what happened?

Chloe: I’d really rather not talk about it.

Drew: *Gives her a dubious look. Inspiration hits him* Hold on a sec. *He exits the stage and comes back on with a can of coke* I’ll give you coke for the story *He tries to offer it to her but Chloe refuses to take it*

Chloe: No, I’m good.

Drew: No!? Okay, what did you do with the real Chloe?

Chloe: Nothing, I’m just not thirsty. Isn’t that a good enough reason?

Drew: For anyone else, yes. For you, no. Chloe, you’re a regular coke-addict. You can coke just go together. Chloe equals coke, coke equals Chloe, you saying ‘no’ means something’s seriously messed up. Oh man, don’t tell me the world ended over night or something…

Chloe: Okay, okay, fine, it’s not the real reason. *A beat passes* I’m on a diet.

Drew: A diet?

Chloe: Yes.

Drew: You?

Chloe: Don’t look at me like that. Do you know how much calories are in a glass of coke? I figure if I cut down the in take I can lose a few pounds for Grad.

Drew: Oh yeah, that’s only a few weeks away now.

Chloe: Speaking of which, you still haven’t decided if you’re going yet.

Drew: Not this again…

Chloe: Why not?

Drew: Because I know how this is going to end. You always do this. You casually bring something up, lead someone into the territory, and then when they least suspect it you drop the big one.

Chloe: I have no idea what you’re talking about.

Drew: Yeah right, you’re trying to lead this towards asking Kelsey to Grad.

Chloe: Well, since you brought it up… *Drew lets out a groan* I want to know when you’re going to make your move.

Drew: No.

Chloe: No what?

Drew: We’re not talking about this.

Chloe: So is that a never? Typical.

Drew: I never said that-I just don’t want to go into this.

Chloe: You always do this. Someone brings up something a little too touchy and you shove your fingers in your ears and try and block it out.

Drew: It’s not like that! I just don’t like talking about this sort of thing, okay!? You know that.

Chloe: Especially when Kelsey’s involved. *Chloe lets out an irritated sigh* I’m just curious…are you actually going to do anything about her or just pine away forever? *Drew doesn’t answer.* Do you remember Valentine’s Day? You had me working up till midnight to help you with that elaborate card, to get the phrasing and design just right. It was really pretty when we were done… Then on the big day, when Kelsey walked by, you choked up and didn’t give it to her.

Drew: I couldn’t, you know that. She already got some things from other people already. And the whole idea’s just really uncomfortable. Kelsey’s been my friend for a few years now, do you have any idea how awkward it is walking up to someone who sees you as friend and suddenly telling them you like them?

Chloe: You have no idea…

Drew: What?

Chloe: Nothing. It’s just, how’s Kelsey supposed to start seeing you as anything more than a friend if you never do anything about it?

Drew: Maybe I don’t want it to be anything but that.

Chloe: Yeah right. Drew, you’ve liked her ever since Junior High. Telling me of all people you don’t want to be anything more is a joke.

Drew: All right then, what would you do?

Chloe: No, we aren’t going there. This isn’t about me, it’s about you.

Drew: That’s not fair. You can’t keep tossing everything at me.

Chloe: Humour me; I’ve suffered the anguish of missing skiing in the mountains. And if you don’t, I’ll have to drink you out of coke.

Drew: You're a tyrant sometimes, you know that?

Chloe: Only when my friends’ best interests are in mind.

Drew: How’s pestering me about Kelsey my best interest?

Chloe: Because you’re so incredibly thick sometimes, it’s enough to make me want to sock you if I could. Things happen and life sucks because of it. People move away, someone might snatch that person away first, accidents happen…you know, that sort of thing. I don’t want you missing out on something just because you never bothered trying.

Drew: Chloe…

Chloe: And here’s another good reason, if you don’t do anything about it you’re going to drive me crazy because I’m the one who has to watch you. I can’t always be there to bash you over the head and tell you to suck it up. Maybe Kelsey can take over…

Drew: I doubt it. You said it yourself; it’s pretty much your job to get on my case. You’d find some way to come whack me over the head, no matter where you end up going.

Chloe: Who knows? Maybe I should retire, find a nice vacation spot, sit back, and let someone else do the work. But will you think about it? *Drew averts his gaze while Chloe looks at him expectantly* Drew. Answer the question.

Drew: I’ll think about it.

Chloe: Good.

Drew: Changing the subject, do you know if the ski trip’s going to be rescheduled? Mr. Sukhy worked his ass off to get the trip going; I can’t imagine him letting the bus company slide out of this. *Chloe’s about to answer but the phone rings. She freezes.* I’ll get it.

Chloe: Wait, Drew!

Drew: What’s wrong?

Chloe: I just want to say one more thing.

Drew: Can’t it wait?

Chloe: No, it can’t. I have to say it now. *She struggles to say the next words* I…what I’m trying to say is that I’ve always kind of… *She stops herself, looking regretful* You’re so thick sometimes. Then again, Kelsey’s a bit too, so you two are already off to a good start. Just think about it and don’t be stupid… like me.

Drew: Chloe, what are you saying? *The phone is still ringing. Drew moves to get it. The lights go down and focus on him while Chloe disappears* Hello? Oh hey, Josh. I heard the trip got cancelled, that sucks- *Drew’s eyes widen in horror* You’re at the hospital!? What happened!? The bus- That’s impossible, she can’t be-I just saw her a minute ago! You’re lying, that can’t be true. She’s right here. Right, Chloe? *No response is heard* Chloe? Chloe! This isn’t funny! HEY! *Drew desperately looks around. He rushes off stage* Mom! Did you see Chloe!?
*After a few beats he re-enters looking defeated. Lights down*

This post has been edited by Wolfeyes: Mar 17 2008, 04:55 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rainbowbrat
post Mar 11 2008, 06:44 PM
Post #2

I dunno what I just saw.........
Group Icon

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 6298

That is awesome...is there more? I wanna know what happens!!

--------------------
Loving whipping e-wife to the sexy sexy ShymanDawn!!<3

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Wolfeyes
post Mar 17 2008, 04:53 AM
Post #3

Certified Bookworm

Group: Members
From: Somewhere up above the USA boarder. (Care to take a guess?)
Member No.: 963

^No, I'm afraid not. That's all I can really put I think.

BTW, script edited with final version. Changes are very minor but oh well.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th July 2018 - 02:01 AM

Copyright 2003-2007 FFXII.Net - All Rights Reserved - Disclaimer
Final Fantasy XII, FFXII & FF12 are registered trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd.