Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Playing FFVII through for the first time. *SPOILERS*, Questions abound!
LoneWolf
post May 19 2008, 11:04 AM
Post #21

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 828

I won't say anything about that cause I could spoil something. =)

The plothole went over my head the first time I played it too. ^^

The optional cutscenes which explain the entire backstory are on the last disc. They're hidden (and hidden well), so before you go to the final dungeon you should ask us where to look. Otherwise, you'll have to click X on every object in the world. Fortunately Last Order pretty much covers that cutscene.

Did you know that Yuffie and Vincent are optional characters? You really don't want to miss them because whole portions of the game will disappear if you do.

If you want to know how to get them just ask. You're almost able to get Yuffie (once you get through the Mithril Cave).

--------------------
IPB Image
Signiture made by Charlie (different forum, 2002)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
steiner
post May 19 2008, 11:58 AM
Post #22

It's been too long...
Group Icon

Member No.: 1745

QUOTE(LoneWolf @ May 19 2008, 12:04 PM) *

I won't say anything about that cause I could spoil something. =)

The plothole went over my head the first time I played it too. ^^

The optional cutscenes which explain the entire backstory are on the last disc. They're hidden (and hidden well), so before you go to the final dungeon you should ask us where to look. Otherwise, you'll have to click X on every object in the world. Fortunately Last Order pretty much covers that cutscene.

Did you know that Yuffie and Vincent are optional characters? You really don't want to miss them because whole portions of the game will disappear if you do.

If you want to know how to get them just ask. You're almost able to get Yuffie (once you get through the Mithril Cave).

^What about the one before you go surfing on ice? Isnt that missable as well?

And yes, dont miss Yuffie. She's in the woods. You need the right responses.

Oh and dont go past Nibelheim without getting Vincent.

--------------------
IPB Image
"Foolish. Picking fights with strangers in a place like this... I used to know someone like that. He was a loser... He refused to find beneficial ways to use his power. Instead, he'd seek out people to fight..." -Amarant Coral, FFIX
Mmmmm....Married to Garlz, Mel and KittenLittle.
+Quote Post
LoneWolf
post May 19 2008, 12:54 PM
Post #23

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Surfing on ice? Where's that? I'm guessing it is missable. >__<

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Delusive
post May 19 2008, 07:54 PM
Post #24

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2987

Wow. This is kind of scary. I would have definitely knocked FFVII a few points off of its design back in 1997 if it had all these avoidable and important cut-scenes/characters.

It's still an awesome game and I'm in love with it. If anything, Lost Odyssey and, especially, Blue Dragon have taught me to click on everything when there's an object nearby so I tend to do that with RPGs now anyways. Although I didn't as much with FFVII because the graphics kind of limit what is actually accessible.

--------------------
Most Anticipated Title(s): Mass Effect and Lost Odyssey
Now Playing: Halo 3, Blue Dragon, Call of Duty 2, and Gears of War
+Quote Post
(Phoenix)
post May 19 2008, 09:42 PM
Post #25

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1889

Thats one of the things I hate about FFVII, who in their right mind would make some characters and importnt cutscenes optional and hidden?

I mean how would you know what responses to give Yuffie if you didn't have an FAQ for example?
+Quote Post
B.Valentine
post May 19 2008, 10:20 PM
Post #26

But you're so supreme!!!
Group Icon

Member No.: 2037

^Well you can try and respond each time something different...thats why i did...she keep appearing and appearing..XD

Surfing on ice is missable? I dont think so...if it was how would you get to the crater?

OMG you almost get to Vincent!!! X3

--------------------
IPB Image
t.a.
+Quote Post
LoneWolf
post May 20 2008, 03:54 AM
Post #27

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Oh, you mean the snowboarding? I don't think that's missable.

Lol Phoenix, I didn't want to say it but its completely true. Everybody just goes on FAQs to answer Yuffie's questions and Vincent's mystery, I mean, who would want to stuff it up and miss out of those characters for the rest of the game?

Delusive, make sure you get Yuffie before you go into Junon!

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Steff
post May 20 2008, 07:54 AM
Post #28

Holy Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 8457

oh yeah, i loved getting Yuffie and Vincent, it was fun and getting Vincent was creepy. I just got Dirge of Cerberus and its reminded me why i loved them both so much!

--------------------
...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
Remember that well.

Fran = love
+Quote Post
steiner
post May 20 2008, 09:10 AM
Post #29

It's been too long...
Group Icon

No, I meant the bit before you go snow boarding. There are some videos you can watch in that hut. I think they're missable.

--------------------
IPB Image
"Foolish. Picking fights with strangers in a place like this... I used to know someone like that. He was a loser... He refused to find beneficial ways to use his power. Instead, he'd seek out people to fight..." -Amarant Coral, FFIX
+Quote Post
BohemianAndy
post May 20 2008, 09:53 AM
Post #30

Dentist brah
Group Icon

Member No.: 1071

QUOTE(LoneWolf @ May 16 2008, 07:30 PM) *

The first 5 hours of Final Fantasy 7 (while you're in Midgar) is the most fun I've had with any game. I get shivers just from thinking about playing it. The music, atmosphere, gameplay and graphics are perfect. It's just nostalgia that makes me think that though.

Yep, my most favourite FF game and perhaps my most favourite game of all time smile.gif LOTS of nostalgia whenever I've gone back to play it. The game just has that effect on you.

--------------------
<3 FT//GRG2//Sarah
+Quote Post
LoneWolf
post May 20 2008, 01:21 PM
Post #31

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

^Yeah, definantly. Maybe that's why I like the Midgar portion of the game so much, cause its really atmospheric. The nostalgia hits the most when I'm in Wall Market. The music there is so unique, and so is the cross dressing. That was the first bit of any FF I saw, its what made me love it so much. laugh.gif

No, I meant the bit before you go snow boarding. There are some videos you can watch in that hut. I think they're missable.

Oh yeah, they're missable and very important. The sad thing about thing is that I don't think those scenes were supposed to be hidden. They were positioned directly after {SPOILERS} Aerith's death (I can't believe I put spoiler tags around this.......){END SPOILERS}, and I believe that the writers intended everyone to watch them when they arrived in Icicle Inn (t'would be very emotional). But of course, most people missed them.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Burrgle
post May 20 2008, 04:09 PM
Post #32

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 444

Very nice game...try to not ask so many questions about it though...it ruins the fantasy. Try and figure out most of the stuff on your own...the answers come in time smile.gif

Believe me...you wont want anyone to spoil any of the story for you.

--------------------
IPB Image
Thank you so much Auro!!!!
+Quote Post
Delusive
post May 20 2008, 09:01 PM
Post #33

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Burrgle @ May 20 2008, 04:09 PM) *

Very nice game...try to not ask so many questions about it though...it ruins the fantasy. Try and figure out most of the stuff on your own...the answers come in time smile.gif

Believe me...you wont want anyone to spoil any of the story for you.

Yea, I agree with that. I'll now only ask questions that'll help prompt my memory (after I play it so I can make sure it sets in my memory).

Anyway, I really should get off the internet (except for here) while I'm playing FFVII. I was over at GAF and I was reading a topic about people's hardest achievements in games and one of them mentioned the Knights of the Round materia and mentioned that it would require:

*SPOILERS*

A gold chocobo, gotten from racing and breeding constantly and then the special chocobo can get to this island where the materia is.

If I don't do the racing or breeding, it can apparently also be gotten (the gold chocobo) through beating the two Weapon bosses.

*END SPOILERS*

Please tell me I don't know that much. I really didn't want to know that.

Anyway, I'm going to play some more today, will give updated impressions. Now starting to wish that Square would just get on with a FFVII remake on the PS3 rather than FFVII spin-offs. Although I can't wait to watch Advent Children and Last Order after this (and I'll probably play Crisis Core).

--------------------
+Quote Post
B.Valentine
post May 20 2008, 10:26 PM
Post #34

But you're so supreme!!!
Group Icon

Member No.: 2037

Well the gold chocobo thingy is optional , i dont think that spoiler is a major spoiler so dont worry. Well maybe the weapons thingy a bit >_>'

--------------------
IPB Image
t.a.
+Quote Post
LoneWolf
post May 21 2008, 01:09 AM
Post #35

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Last Order is excellent, Advent Children is crap (but a little entertaining). Crisis Core looks awesome.

I would suggest asking questions after you've watched something, just to make sure you understood it. We won't give you any spoilers. =)

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Delusive
post May 21 2008, 02:39 AM
Post #36

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(B.Valentine @ May 20 2008, 10:26 PM) *

Well the gold chocobo thingy is optional , i dont think that spoiler is a major spoiler so dont worry. Well maybe the weapons thingy a bit >_>'

What I really meant with "spoilers" is the fact that I now know they exist. Now I'll actually be determined to play the game once without taking the advice of whoever gave it on that forum. If I happen to acquire the rare chocobo or find the weapon bosses on my own then I'm fine with that - I just hate knowing they exist without me finding out on my own.

QUOTE(LoneWolf @ May 21 2008, 01:09 AM) *

Last Order is excellent, Advent Children is crap (but a little entertaining). Crisis Core looks awesome.

I would suggest asking questions after you've watched something, just to make sure you understood it. We won't give you any spoilers. =)

That's what I meant. When I said "after the game" or something to that effect, I should have reworded that and said "after that part in the game."

I'll try not to ask questions that will later be explained in the game. And I know everyone here will not spoil any part of the game for me (that's why I said I should take a blackout from forums when playing this, except this one where my topic is).

I've never seen Last Order, but I've seen Advent Children (before I played through FFVII so I didn't understand it at all). To me, Advent Children seemed to be just Square's attempt to please the hardcore action crowd while completely dismissing the people that cared about the story (that's what I got from it before I knew the storyline but I'm going to watch it again to see if my first impression was correct or not).

Where does one go to acquire Last Order anyway? I'll still have to buy a PSP for Crisis Core (not only for that, but also for Portable Ops and the like).

--------------------
+Quote Post
steiner
post May 21 2008, 11:37 AM
Post #37

It's been too long...
Group Icon

I liked Advent Children for what it was. Insanely cool action but crap/ non-existant storyline.

What I really meant with "spoilers" is the fact that I now know they exist. Now I'll actually be determined to play the game once without taking the advice of whoever gave it on that forum. If I happen to acquire the rare chocobo or find the weapon bosses on my own then I'm fine with that - I just hate knowing they exist without me finding out on my own.

You aint gonna get Gold Chocobo easily without some help. Took me a whole day to get it, with a guide and with some good luck and awesome skills on my part.

PSP is gonna get Dissidia, and Dissidia is gonna rock my socks.

Last Order is on youtube. I cba to watch it though atm.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Delusive
post May 21 2008, 07:20 PM
Post #38

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(steiner @ May 21 2008, 11:37 AM) *

I liked Advent Children for what it was. Insanely cool action but crap/ non-existant storyline.

That's what I thought from watching it.

You aint gonna get Gold Chocobo easily without some help. Took me a whole day to get it, with a guide and with some good luck and awesome skills on my part.

So can you confirm that it's more than just...

*SPOILERS*

Raising, breeding, and racing your chocobos a whole lot until you one day get lucky with obtaining a gold chocobo? Does it even involve raising, breeding, and racing chocobos in the first place?

*SPOILERS*

That's all I want to know. I want to know how much I've been spoiled as I'm going to try to get this chocobo by myself and I hope I don't know exactly how to do it.

PSP is gonna get Dissidia, and Dissidia is gonna rock my socks.

Is Dissidia on the PS2? I've heard of it before, but I can't remember what it exactly is.

--------------------
+Quote Post
steiner
post May 21 2008, 08:08 PM
Post #39

It's been too long...
Group Icon

Raising, breeding, and racing your chocobos a whole lot until you one day get lucky with obtaining a gold chocobo? Does it even involve raising, breeding, and racing chocobos in the first place?

It is more than that.

Unless if your incredible lucky your not gonna get one by using that method. It does involve raising, breeding and racing. But the type of Chocobo you catch, what you feed it and its racing level is all important. And you cant just do it all in one stage either. I mean, by all means go for it on your own. You'll just have to devote a lot of time and hope you get lucky. The main problem is that its hard to know if you're on the right track or not.

Is Dissidia on the PS2? I've heard of it before, but I can't remember what it exactly is.

Lol, I just said it was for PSP. But yeah, bassically it has all the FF characters getting together and fighting each other. It has Kuja and Zidane, and since Im an FFIX fanboy Im crapping my pants waiting for it at the moment.

Here's the trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRO9sUtZGiU

Here are IGN's impressions:

http://uk.psp.ign.com/articles/843/843108p1.html

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Delusive
post May 21 2008, 08:30 PM
Post #40

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(steiner @ May 21 2008, 08:08 PM) *

Unless if your incredible lucky your not gonna get one by using that method. It does involve raising, breeding and racing. But the type of Chocobo you catch, what you feed it and its racing level is all important. And you cant just do it all in one stage either. I mean, by all means go for it on your own. You'll just have to devote a lot of time and hope you get lucky. The main problem is that its hard to know if you're on the right track or not.

Are there any hints to a golden chocobo in the game? I mean, how would you know there exists one without someone accidentally happening upon it? Does the game tell you of a legendary golden chocobo or something?

Lol, I just said it was for PSP. But yeah, bassically it has all the FF characters getting together and fighting each other. It has Kuja and Zidane, and since Im an FFIX fanboy Im crapping my pants waiting for it at the moment.

Here's the trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRO9sUtZGiU

Here are IGN's impressions:

http://uk.psp.ign.com/articles/843/843108p1.html

Wow. That sounds pretty cool, actually. I thought it was a PS2 game coming to the PSP or something. I heard of it before, and I thought I heard about it a while back so I assumed it was already out. Guess not.

Also FFIX is the Final Fantasy from my younger days that I have nostalgia about. I only have good memories of that game and I can't wait to play it again sometime after I beat FFVII.

With that said, I need to play FFVII today - I didn't get a chance yesterday.

--------------------
+Quote Post

12 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd September 2018 - 06:26 PM

Copyright 2003-2007 FFXII.Net - All Rights Reserved - Disclaimer
Final Fantasy XII, FFXII & FF12 are registered trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd.