Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Playing FFVII through for the first time. *SPOILERS*, Questions abound!
steiner
post May 21 2008, 09:15 PM
Post #41

It's been too long...
Group Icon

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 1745

^Lucky bastard playing video games. I got an exam tomorrow. sad.gif

Three f*cking hours long as well.

Are there any hints to a golden chocobo in the game? I mean, how would you know there exists one without someone accidentally happening upon it? Does the game tell you of a legendary golden chocobo or something?

There is this guy you can meet. He gives you tips, but at an extremely slow rate. You have to visit him frequently just to squeeze all the info out of him.

I forgot about him. But yeah, he's gotta be the one to guide you on your way if you're not going to use a guide. He lives in a hut somewhere. I guess I'll leave you the task of finding him.

--------------------
IPB Image
"Foolish. Picking fights with strangers in a place like this... I used to know someone like that. He was a loser... He refused to find beneficial ways to use his power. Instead, he'd seek out people to fight..." -Amarant Coral, FFIX
Mmmmm....Married to Garlz, Mel and KittenLittle.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Delusive
post May 22 2008, 02:10 AM
Post #42

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2987

I got exams in a couple of weeks myself.

Anyhoo, I guess I'll play tomorrow. Didn't get a chance to play today....Again....

I know I'll be able to play a lot of FFVII this weekend. That's where I intend to get much further in the game.

--------------------
Most Anticipated Title(s): Mass Effect and Lost Odyssey
Now Playing: Halo 3, Blue Dragon, Call of Duty 2, and Gears of War
+Quote Post
LoneWolf
post May 23 2008, 02:02 PM
Post #43

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 828

I'm about to go on holidays. ^^

I'm replaying FFXII. I had forgotten how OMG THIS IS THE BEST GAME EVER LOLZORZ EVER!!!!!!!!111 it is. Seriously, I just can't see how people could not like the battle system, unless they're using it wrong. And the characters are brilliant, they're so realistic. Its clear the stories been built around the characters rather than the other way around like most FFs.

And honestly, I'm loving the story to death at this point as well. It doesn't stand up to most FF storylines, but its still incredible. It's very different from other FFs.

But the best thing about FFXII (apart from the incredible battle system, characters and story)? The world is so HUGE and DETAILED. Every place, monster, plant, tooth, whatever has its own intricate history. The areas are all vast and there aren't any glitches or anything. It's insane. The graphics are unbelievable, the music is perfect, the script and voice actors are BY FAR the best from any game I've played. It's officially my favourite game again (stupid Halo 3).

K, I'm back on topic again. Go FFVII!

--------------------
IPB Image
Signiture made by Charlie (different forum, 2002)
+Quote Post
steiner
post May 23 2008, 02:13 PM
Post #44

It's been too long...
Group Icon

^Despite the slightly underwhelming storyline, that is exactly what I love about FFXII so much. I just watched the opening FMV again and its so awesome. The voice acting is top notch, and the dialogue filled with memorable and intelligent quotes. I do think the music isnt as good as previous FFs though. Its better than pretty much any other non-FF game though. At least outta the ones Ive played.

I just hope FFXIII doesnt lose the genius voice acting, the fun gameplay and the intelligent dialogue because if that were coupled with a really powerful plot, a breathtaking score and huge beautiful environments that would be un-fucking-believable.

Every place, monster, plant, tooth, whatever has its own intricate history.

Im intrigued. What exactly is the history of these teeth? tongue.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
"Foolish. Picking fights with strangers in a place like this... I used to know someone like that. He was a loser... He refused to find beneficial ways to use his power. Instead, he'd seek out people to fight..." -Amarant Coral, FFIX
+Quote Post
LoneWolf
post May 23 2008, 02:34 PM
Post #45

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

^Despite the slightly underwhelming storyline, that is exactly what I love about FFXII so much. I just watched the opening FMV again and its so awesome. The voice acting is top notch, and the dialogue filled with memorable and intelligent quotes. I do think the music isnt as good as previous FFs though. Its better than pretty much any other non-FF game though. At least outta the ones Ive played.

The opening movie was so epic! With the contrast and the music and the action and the music! Lol, I wrote music twice. >___< Delusive, you should watch the opening FMV of FFXII. It puts the other openings to shame.

I didn't like some of the music as much as previous FFs, but there were some that I loved a lot more. FFXII's tunes were a lot less repetitive, which is always nice.

And yeah, the dialogue. The translator is a genius. He did Vagrant Story as well, I think his names Alexander Smith.

"Too late and to their sorrow do those who misplace their trust in gods learn their fate."
—Judge Bergan

*drools*

I just hope FFXIII doesnt lose the genius voice acting, the fun gameplay and the intelligent dialogue because if that were coupled with a really powerful plot, a breathtaking score and huge beautiful environments that would be un-fucking-believable.

Yeah, that's why I'm so hyped about FFXIII. biggrin.gif

The dialogue won't be the same though. It was like that to fit the time period of FFXII. FFXIII's in the future, they will probably sound modern.

Every place, monster, plant, tooth, whatever has its own intricate history.

Im intrigued. What exactly is the history of these teeth? tongue.gif

Every piece of loot has its own descriptive paragraph. There are plenty of teeth. biggrin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
steiner
post May 23 2008, 02:38 PM
Post #46

It's been too long...
Group Icon

^Lol, I didnt read the loot description. Maybe I should have.

And yeah, good point, dialogue cant be like it was in XII. But I dont want it to back to what X was like. I want it to be good, bassically.

Alexander Smith is great. He redid Tactics for PSP as well, I think. Judges were excellent

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
LoneWolf
post May 23 2008, 03:06 PM
Post #47

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

FFXII's dialogue was just stylised, I'm sure it can still sound genius even if it isn't oldendayish. That's a cool word (made up though).

The loot descriptions aren't particularly interesting, I just thought I'd point out they were there. The monster and location descriptions are extremely interesting on the other hand.

I love your sig by the way. biggrin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
steiner
post May 23 2008, 04:24 PM
Post #48

It's been too long...
Group Icon

^Haha, thanks. biggrin.gif

Yeah, the bestiary was awesome. Im tempted to try and unlock all of it.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
LoneWolf
post May 24 2008, 02:49 AM
Post #49

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

If you kill enough of a certain type of monster they give you a piece of information about a random thing. Like, for example, if you kill enough wolves or something you get a description of Rabanastre. Plus, they're are Achievements- the Sky Pirates Den.

EDIT: I LOVE THE BATTLE SYSTEM SO MUCH! Its such a pity some people didn't understand it, because it really is genius.

I was just walking through the Ozome Plains and I saw a Mesminer. I knew it wouldn't be hard to kill, they're weak to ice and I had my mages gambits on Blizzard. Anyway, I chose attack, charged at it, and accidently got too close to the long grass. A snake came out and joined in, and suddenly my characters were struggling. I switched our targets to the snake because it was doing so much damage to us, killed it, turned around and saw the almost-dead Mesminer had run away. I chased after it and it led me to a whole freaking HERD of Mesminer's. I would describe the rest of the battle but it would be too epic for your unworthy ears. tongue.gif

It was also pretty funny when an Ozome Bunny popped up (unaggresive), watched the battle for a little while and then ran away. I love the music on the Ozmone Plains so much! biggrin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
steiner
post May 24 2008, 09:33 AM
Post #50

It's been too long...
Group Icon

^Sounds awesome. I think you're making it up. tongue.gif

But yeah, music in Ozmone is great. And I knew about the Bestiary unlocking places. I still havent unlocked all the places though.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
LoneWolf
post May 24 2008, 04:51 PM
Post #51

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

If you think I'm making it up you can test it yourself. biggrin.gif Take a Mesmenir's health down to critical and they'll run for help. Snakes always come out from long grass (though I think they can come from anywhere on Ozmone, I'm not sure). It's not exactly an unlikely situation. tongue.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
steiner
post May 24 2008, 05:01 PM
Post #52

It's been too long...
Group Icon

^It is! LIAR!

I refuse to believe you. beee.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Delusive
post May 24 2008, 05:52 PM
Post #53

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Ok...I'm going to go a wee bit off topic here (I kid, I kid, I don't mind you talking about FFXII in here, it's actually made me want to try it) and start summing up what I've experienced so far in FFVII to see if I got the right idea - feel free to add any details I've missed so I can be sure I'm up to date before I move on my FFVII run today:

Cloud is an ex-agent of SOLDIER, first-class, who is hired by a terrorist group known as AVALANCHE, lead by Barret. Cloud's child-hood friend, Tifa, is in this group along with three others - Jesse, Wedge, and Biggs.

The game begins on a mission to destroy a Sector 7's (?) MAKO reactor and the mission is an extremely well-planned success (with Cloud seeing visions on the way). The group meets back at Tifa's bar, 7th Heaven, and Cloud wants his pay and then wants to leave. We also meet Marlene, Barret's daughter, and Cloud and Tifa reminisce about the good old days at Nibelheim where Cloud made a promise to Tifa that if Cloud were ever to get into SOLDIER and become famous, he would protect Tifa in her time of need. This makes Cloud decide to go on the next mission where things do not exactly go according to plan.

On their way to the next MAKO reactor, they get caught by SHINRA and have to make an escape. When their escape is a success, they continue through to the reactor (sector 5?) where things go awry. They end up setting the bomb up and everything and on their way to escape, they get caught by the SHINRA President where Cloud gets separated from Tifa and Barret. This is done through a boss fight (a giant toy robot).

Cloud awakens on a patch of flowers in a church next to Aerith, the flower girl that Cloud bumped into while he was making his escape from SHINRA and trying to reunite with Barret and Tifa. Aerith asks Cloud to be her body-guard when suddenly a stranger, Reno, and his group, The Turks, start chasing them. After a stunning chase scene with awesome Benny Hill music, Cloud and Tifa arrive at their destination, right outside the church (this is sector 6 or 5?). They go into the city (I forgot the name, care to help?) and we continue to Aerith's house. We meet Aeirth's mother and her mother wants Cloud to leave without Aerith. After Cloud's sneaky escape, he arrives at the transition to Sector 6 (or 5) to sector 7 where Aerith pulls a fast one and is already there before Cloud. Cloud realizes that Aerith can't take no for an answer so he decides to take her along. On their way to the wall separating the sectors, they see a carriage with Tifa in it.

They go into the city that the carriage travels into (what is the city's name?) when they see some strange things happening in the city. They learn that the Don (Corneo) likes his women and that Tifa is one of these women. Cloud doesn't like Tifa going in by herself so Tifa concocts a plan for Cloud to go in with her? How? By having Cloud dress up like a women. When entering the Don's mansion, they reunite with Tifa and play their parts. Tifa gets chosen to be the Don's wife and Cloud and Aerith are given to the Don's subordinates. Cloud escapes by revealing who he really is, rescues Aerith and then goes after Tifa right in time. They threaten the Don for information (what Tifa wanted - but why did she know the Don knew something?) and he reveals that SHINRA plans to collapse a plate over Sector 7 to crush Avalanche. After the Don gives this information away, he can't let them escape or it's his head, so he tricks the group into falling into the sewers where a big monster lays hidden. The group defeats the monster, and comes out of the sewers into the train graveyard.

After the group escapes the train graveyard, they run into the sector 7 slums and find that AVALANCHE is already fighting for the plate. Aerith is told to go protect Marlene while Cloud and Tifa run up the plate to help Barret. Before they go up the plate, they see...Biggs (?) hurt - realizing this, they run up the plate to find Wedge and then Jesse hurt. All three know they are going to die, and perhaps it is just as their actions have indirectly caused a lot of death, so they rush up to help Barret who is fighting off SHINRA (the helicopter?).

They see a bomb on the plate and Tifa tries to disarm it but can't, then Cloud tries but fails as Reno appears. Reno says its impossible (calls the bomb a plate release system or something like that) unless you're from SHINRA and then fights Cloud, Tifa, and Barret. Reno then escapes on a helicopter to see the Turk leader, Tseng with Aerith. Aerith yells "she's safe" (referring to Marlene) and then SHRINA flies off - Cloud, Tifa, and Barret escape on a wire, and then the plate collapses taking Sector 7 down with it.

I'll stop right there for now since that's a lot and if any more details or corrections can be added, then feel free.

--------------------
+Quote Post
LoneWolf
post May 24 2008, 06:46 PM
Post #54

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

You got everything perfect. ^^ Except for a couple of things. tongue.gif

There are any cities in Midgar, just places. Aerith lives in the Sector 5 slums. Wall Market is the name of the street of shops in Sector 6. And Tifa doesn't have to be chosen by Don Corneo, Aerith and Cloud can be chosen as well.

I believe this is something that Square didn't make entirely clear. Midgar's main city is ON the plate, the slums are beneath it. The poor, homeless kind of people live in the slums, everybody else in the city. When Shinra collapsed the Sector 7 plate, they killed A LOT of people.

The main reason I want a remake of FF7 is so they can make all of Midgar accesible. In FF7 you only get to run through two Mako reactors, two small slums, a couple of streets and the Shinra Building. It was a tad disappointing.

Now, back to FFXII!!! Why don't people like the story and characters? Now I'm replaying it I can see the only reason I had any doubts about the story was because all the Americans had been complaining about it for five months. But they were complaining because it was different, its exactly the same situation as FF9.

I'm not having a go at Americans by the way, its just that PAL countries got FFXII after five months of listening to Americans whine about it.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
B.Valentine
post May 24 2008, 07:04 PM
Post #55

But you're so supreme!!!
Group Icon

Member No.: 2037

Reading these thread just maked me want to play VII again.
The main reason I want a remake of FF7 is so they can make all of Midgar accesible. In FF7 you only get to run through two Mako reactors, two small slums, a couple of streets and the Shinra Building. It was a tad disappointing

Oooo that would be so cool!..I would love to be able to go to other places than those.

And about XII...that game is amazing. I tought i wouldnt play a game again for lots of hours and days but XII proved me wrong. The story wasnt wow but i still liked it. The characters and batles were amazing. The hunts!!! OMG the hunts!!!!!

--------------------
IPB Image
t.a.
+Quote Post
steiner
post May 24 2008, 09:38 PM
Post #56

It's been too long...
Group Icon

Now, back to FFXII!!! Why don't people like the story and characters? Now I'm replaying it I can see the only reason I had any doubts about the story was because all the Americans had been complaining about it for five months. But they were complaining because it was different, its exactly the same situation as FF9.

I do think that FFXII has less character developement than most of the previous FFs. But then it brings another angle - the political side, which other FFs didnt have. It should have had a few more character scenes in there though.

One thing is that it contrasts FFX so much, and that was sort of the last 'proper' final fantasy. FFX was very linear, FFXII was more open. FFX had loads of character developement, FFXII had less. FFX was somewhat cliched and juvenile, but nevertheless very emotional. FFXII was much more intelligently written but lacked some emotional punch. Thats how I see it anyway.

I think also that I felt more emotion on my replay of FFXII rather than first time through. Some of the stuff in FFXII was far too subtle for most people to get first time. I mean, lets face it, most people are idiots. tongue.gif The emotions were conveyed in a far more sophisticated and less obvious way. IMO they shouldnt have made everything quite as hidden as they did, but I appreciated them not treating us like idiots. But then again, this was sold to Americans, so maybe they should have catered to their target audience and dumbed it down a bit. wink.gif

People whined about FF9 because they were morons. 'Nuff said.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Delusive
post May 25 2008, 12:40 AM
Post #57

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(LoneWolf @ May 24 2008, 06:46 PM) *

You got everything perfect. ^^ Except for a couple of things. tongue.gif

That's good to know! tongue.gif

There are any cities in Midgar, just places. Aerith lives in the Sector 5 slums. Wall Market is the name of the street of shops in Sector 6. And Tifa doesn't have to be chosen by Don Corneo, Aerith and Cloud can be chosen as well.

Ok, that's something that's now a bit more clear. Does Avalanche attack the Sector 3 Mako reactor first (in the beginning of the game?)? What about the second Mako reactor after that (where you first meet the Shinra President)?

I believe this is something that Square didn't make entirely clear. Midgar's main city is ON the plate, the slums are beneath it. The poor, homeless kind of people live in the slums, everybody else in the city. When Shinra collapsed the Sector 7 plate, they killed A LOT of people.

Yea, I loved that cutscene (when the plate crashed on Sector 7). Talk about emotional. Especially for a Playstation 1 game (the only other emotional Playstation 1 game I can think of is the original Metal Gear Solid).

Anyhoo, I agree that Square doesn't quite make out Midgar's structure clear enough for people to pick up on (unless they play the game over and over again).

The main reason I want a remake of FF7 is so they can make all of Midgar accesible. In FF7 you only get to run through two Mako reactors, two small slums, a couple of streets and the Shinra Building. It was a tad disappointing.

That would be awesome, yes. The main reason I want one is so that Square can just get it out of the way and give the people what they really want. I mean, I'm sure almost everyone would choose a PS3 FFVII remake over any spin-off that could potentially water-down the series.

Time to finish this up:

After the plate collapses, with a narrow escape from the explosion - Cloud, Tifa, and Barret regroup and rethink things. Tifa is starting to question whether their motives are in fact good but Barret seems certain on taking down Shinra, whatever the cost, though he is probably doubting himself right now. Tifa realizes that Marlene is safe, and Cloud leaves the group getting kind of anxious. Cloud wants to figure out what Aerith being an Ancient means, and Tifa and Barret follow. They meet at Aerith's mom's house (I forgot her name) and there they realize that Marlene is safe there. Aerith's mom reveals that she's not the biological mother of Aerith and that she found Aerith as she was waiting on her own husband. Aerith was being tracked down constantly by the Turks yet did not take her (for whatever reason when they came to Aerith's house) - Aerith's mom realizes that Aerith has always had special powers, despite Aerith trying to cover them up - Aerith asked her mom to not be sad, as someone close to her as gone, but she didn't believe Aerith until she received notice of her husband's death a couple of days later. After they learn as much as they can about the Ancients, they seek out Shinra.

I can't remember why Cloud and crew knew to go to Wall Market in order to find a way to get into Shinra's HQ but they do (I know the weapons dealer there had some strange thing going on with him) and as they learn more and more about how to get up into Shinra, they go to the gate with purty drawings and realize that it's battery operated. They climb up it and into Shinra's HQ.

At Shinra's HQ, the crew decides to sneak in instead of busting through, they go through a series of seemingly endless steps and elevators and see some interesting things on the way. They see Jenova's head, and they find Aerith at the top. Professor (forgot his name) is doing experiments with his test subjects. Red XIII and Aerith are in the same tube and Red XIII looks vicious - somehow they break out and Red XIII attacks the professor. After they break out, they continue on their mission until they get surrounded and get sent into prison (my memory is sketchy on the exact details of this). At night, Cloud awakens to see his and Tifa's door open and with everyone dead. Cloud releases the others and I believe Barret stays behind while the others go search for the causes of this. They go to the top floor to see President Shinra dead and they hear a helicopter outside. It's his son, Rufus, this is where Cloud goes into a 1 on 1 duel with him while Aerith, Red XIII, and Barret escape down (Tifa stays behind to wait on Cloud). After Rufus escapes, Cloud reunites with Tifa and Barret, Aerith, and Red escape through the elevator. They meet up and get their transportation (a truck and a motorcycle). After their narrow escape, they decide to go search for Sephiroth (as they find out that he's alive).

Once out of Midgar, they head to the city of Kalm (is that the right name?) as that's where they are going to meet (they split into two groups) - I chose for Red XIII and Aerith to go with me. Once they reach Kalm, they go into the Inn where Cloud tells the group about him and Sephiroth. We find out that Sephiroth and Cloud were partnered together and they are heading towards Nibelheim to stop the monsters from appearing there (probably due to a Mako reactor). On their way to Nibelheim they come upon a monster that Sephiroth takes down like it's nothing and once they reach it, Sephy goes into the Inn while Cloud is left to explore. You can go to Tifa's house (and find orthopedic underwear), Cloud's mom's house (and realize how Cloud feels about her and how she's close to his heart) and go to other places (like near the mansion where you can't go yet because that's not part of his story yet). You go to the Inn and sleep and then wake up to go to the mountains (forgot the name of the mountains).

Once you meet up with the tour-guide (Tifa), you head out and even lose one of the SOLDIER (or Shinra guards with you?) along the way. You get to the Mako reactor where Sephy learns that he's part of the "Jenova Project" where all these monsters are being created. Flashback interruption.

When the flashback is started again, you are at the mansion that houses all the SOLDIER agents and where Sephy has secluded himself inside the library within the mansion. Cloud goes to check up on him and sees that Sephy is becoming a little batty. Sephiroth finds out that Professor Ghast (right?) started the Jenova Project and that Sephiroth is a clone of an Ancient. Sephiroth's new mission? Fulfill his "mother" Jenova's wishes and revenge the Ancient's extinction. Kill the humans and take over the planet. Sephiroth calls Cloud a traitor and storms out of the mansion.

Cloud goes back to the city to find it in ruin and Sephiroth killing some people. He, Sephiroth, then goes into the Mako reactor where Cloud follows (and here we see Tifa kneeling beside her dad as she talks about hating everything to do with Shinra, SOLDIER, and Sephiroth) - Tifa goes in by herself only to get slashed by Sephiroth and Cloud follows, puts Tifa aside assuming she's a goner, and goes after him. Cloud is willing to fight Sephiroth and right as they are about to fight - the memory of Cloud gets fuzzy and the flashback ends.

Learning this, they figure out that Sephiroth has been seen crossing a grassy land so Cloud and group heads out of Kalm and finds an entrance to a cave but it's guarded by this unbeatable Serpent (the Midgar Serpent?). Cloud goes into this other town/city (what is the name of that one - Chocobo Ranch?) where he learns about catching Chocobo. Cloud snags him one after many, many, many annoying tries, and then crosses the marshland of the Serpent. And that's where I am now.

--------------------
+Quote Post
LoneWolf
post May 25 2008, 02:42 AM
Post #58

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

I think it's called the Midgar Golum or something. Mt. Nibel is the name of the mountain. Hojo is the name of the scientist in the Shinra Building and I think its spelt "Gast". They only sent two SOLDIERS to Nibelheim (Cloud and Sephiroth), the rest were grunts.

Its also very important to note that "clone" was a mistranslation (and a very bad one considering how many people its confused). The term should have been "copy" or "given similar traits" rather than clone.

You don't have to sneak into the Shinra Building, you can break in as well. I snuck in on my first playthrough, I'm never making that mistake again. I considered turning back when I was halfway up. >__< And the chocobo isn't that hard to get, I got it on my first try. biggrin.gif The key is not to use Greens, just kill the monsters as fast as you can.

Don't go anywhere near Last Order by the way, the whole thing is one big spoiler. Practically every second of it is a spoiler.

@B.Valentine- Yep yep yep. There's not much else to say about the hunts than "OMG!!!" biggrin.gif

@Steiner- I agree 100% with everything you just said, except maybe that FFX is cliche and juvenile. Somewhat I suppose, but that's a big somewhat.

And while FFXII didn't have much character development, the entertainment from the characters wasn't lacking at all. I mean, Vaan was just a character along for the ride (with one or two other motives as well), but he worked perfectly. The people who hate Vaan (and I'm sure there are plenty of people) do it ONLY because of his design. Though I will always say that I would have preffered Basch as the main character. Or Balthier.

Basch - "Why are you coming Balthier?"

Balthier - "I have to see the story out, its what any self-respecting leading man would do."

XD

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Delusive
post May 25 2008, 02:58 AM
Post #59

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(LoneWolf @ May 25 2008, 02:42 AM) *

I think it's called the Midgar Golum or something. Mt. Nibel is the name of the mountain. Hojo is the name of the scientist in the Shinra Building and I think its spelt "Gast". They only sent two SOLDIERS to Nibelheim (Cloud and Sephiroth), the rest were grunts.

Ok, thanks for clarifying that. The grunts I assume were Shinra guards or something, not someone actually from SOLDIER.

Its also very important to note that "clone" was a mistranslation (and a very bad one considering how many people its confused). The term should have been "copy" or "given similar traits" rather than clone.

So Sephiroth is a copy of Jenova, not a clone (clone, I guess, would have been actually reproducing Jenova so that makes sense).

You don't have to sneak into the Shinra Building, you can break in as well. I snuck in on my first playthrough, I'm never making that mistake again. I considered turning back when I was halfway up. >__<

Yea, I'm only going through what I chose to do so I can tell you what I remember. I didn't break in, which I probably should have, so I instead told you about sneaking in. They make you pay for sneaking in, though.

And the chocobo isn't that hard to get, I got it on my first try. biggrin.gif The key is not to use Greens, just kill the monsters as fast as you can.

Never thought about that. The chocobo wasn't really hard to get, but for some reason, I would target the chocobo by accident trying to speed things up and he'd attack me and then run away or just run away. It was annoying.

And the less expensive the greens are, the more effective they are - weird. I spent 1500 on this one green for him to eat it in like 5 seconds while he spent 7 turns (or more) eating the cheapest green available.

Don't go anywhere near Last Order by the way, the whole thing is one big spoiler. Practically every second of it is a spoiler.

Thanks, wasn't planning on it until I beat FFVII. So Last Order and Advent Children are canon to the FFVII story-line? There's no plot holes or contradictions between the game and the movies?

EDIT:

Oh, and I have a question. Right now, as I'm going through Mt. Nibel, I chose to take Barret and Tifa with me. When you meet up with Tseng and the Turks, Tseng asks about Aerith to which Cloud replies that she's with the others. If you have Aerith with you, does that mean that you'll unlock a longer and more informative cutscene?

--------------------
+Quote Post
LoneWolf
post May 25 2008, 03:14 AM
Post #60

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Last Order isn't really canon, its just an anime of a section of FF7. If they made a movie of FF7 and it had variations, would it be canon? I don't know. >__<

The section it recreated has been in FF7, Before Crisis, Crisis Core and Last Order and they've ALL been different. Last Order had accidental plot holes, but it was still extremely entertaining.

The thing about Last Order is that is wasn't an extra. Advent Children was. AC is technically canon, but I ignore it.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post

12 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th January 2018 - 04:34 PM

Copyright 2003-2007 FFXII.Net - All Rights Reserved - Disclaimer
Final Fantasy XII, FFXII & FF12 are registered trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd.