Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Final Fantasy International, International versions of the game
AkiMoon
post May 15 2008, 06:03 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17439

Has anyone played the International versions of FF X, X-2, and XII? Are there really any major differneces? I don't believe that they were ever released to the US, which is where I am. I'm just wondering if I am missing out on anything.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
N2Y
post May 15 2008, 07:48 PM
Post #2

Wiiii Love PS3... and Jessica Alba! And Penelope Cruz!
Group Icon

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 734

I have FFX PAL, which basically is the International version. Yeah well the Inter versions always have extra stuff.

Extra scenes, extra gameplay elements, extra bosses, etc.

FFX had an extra sphere grid, many new bosses (all Dark Aeons, which are all pretty much impossible to defeat), etc.

FFXII has even more stuff that's new.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
(Phoenix)
post May 15 2008, 10:17 PM
Post #3

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1889

QUOTE(N2Y @ May 15 2008, 08:48 PM) *

FFX had an extra sphere grid, many new bosses (all Dark Aeons, which are all pretty much impossible to defeat), etc.

FFXII has even more stuff that's new.

Oh god, those freaking dark aeons...

What new stuff was there in FFXII though,? I'm not aware of anything new in that one
+Quote Post
steiner
post May 16 2008, 12:02 PM
Post #4

It's been too long...
Group Icon

Member No.: 1745

Dark Aeons just get pwned by Yojimbo and Zanmato.

FFXII had personalise sphere grids so each character was unique. It also let the player control the guest characters.

Forum Home Search Help FFXII.Net Board |-- Announcements Room |-- Feedback Centre |-- Meeting Point Final Fantasy |-- FFXII : World of Ivalice |-- FFXII : Rabanastre's Helpdesk |-- FFXII - Revenant Wings |-- Final Fantasy Universe |---- Final Fantasy XIII Community |-- Spam Wall |-- Grand Theatre |-- Ancient Sanctuary |-- Debate Corner General |-- General Discussion |-- Entertainment |---- Literature |-- Anime & Manga |-- Gaming & Consoles |-- Arts & Graphics |---- Tips & Tricks |---- Competitions |-- Computers & Internet |---- Troubleshooting |---- Website Showroom

Display Mode: Standard Switch to: Linear+ Switch to: Outline

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic Subscribe to this forum

FFXII.Net Skin v3.0 English Lo-Fi Version 1.1177 sec -- 11 queries GZIP Enabled
Time is now: 16th May 2008 - 01:01 PM

Invision Power Board v2.1.7 2008 IPS, Inc.

Copyright 2003-2007 FFXII.Net - All Rights Reserved - Disclaimer
Final Fantasy XII, FFXII & FF12 are registered trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd.[/quote]

EDIT: lol, WTF?

--------------------
IPB Image
"Foolish. Picking fights with strangers in a place like this... I used to know someone like that. He was a loser... He refused to find beneficial ways to use his power. Instead, he'd seek out people to fight..." -Amarant Coral, FFIX
Mmmmm....Married to Garlz, Mel and KittenLittle.
+Quote Post
(Phoenix)
post May 16 2008, 06:01 PM
Post #5

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1889

The forum has become self aware O_o
+Quote Post
Burrgle
post Jun 6 2008, 04:28 PM
Post #6

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 444

I really want to be able to play these games.

i was not aware of a FFXII international though! It makes me wonder why they dont just make it a good game first....and move on....

--------------------
IPB Image
Thank you so much Auro!!!!
+Quote Post
steiner
post Jun 6 2008, 05:54 PM
Post #7

It's been too long...
Group Icon

^Oh shaddap with the FFXII bashing already. tongue.gif

I mean, every FF has an international version.

--------------------
IPB Image
"Foolish. Picking fights with strangers in a place like this... I used to know someone like that. He was a loser... He refused to find beneficial ways to use his power. Instead, he'd seek out people to fight..." -Amarant Coral, FFIX
+Quote Post
Burrgle
post Jun 6 2008, 05:57 PM
Post #8

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

No they dont. only FFVII(which was released in America, and was the original american release), FFX, FFX-2, FFXII, and the Kingdom Hearts games excluding the COMs one.

And I am not bashing just FFXII. I am bashing all of the other international games. Instead of coming out with a good game with low features....why not create what you would create with more time? They should be able to crank out a FFXINTER. without releasing a preliminary FFX. It just pisses me off a little bit on thier work ethic. Even more so that they dont release in the US and the UK. I am sure that they would make profit off of it.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
steiner
post Jun 6 2008, 06:36 PM
Post #9

It's been too long...
Group Icon

No they dont. only FFVII(which was released in America, and was the original american release), FFX, FFX-2, FFXII, and the Kingdom Hearts games excluding the COMs one.

Ahh, ok. Then FFVII, FFX, FFX-2, FFXII and Kingdom Hearts all had to be remade because they were crap the first time.

And I am not bashing just FFXII. I am bashing all of the other international games. Instead of coming out with a good game with low features....why not create what you would create with more time? They should be able to crank out a FFXINTER. without releasing a preliminary FFX. It just pisses me off a little bit on thier work ethic. Even more so that they dont release in the US and the UK. I am sure that they would make profit off of it.

Aww, I didnt realise. I think you're being harsh. Its not as if the games were lacking originally, and suddenly the international version made them great. The additions are only small in the international version and they probably couldnt wait more time to complete it for financial reasons.

Yeah, its annoying, but I dont really think you can blame them much. You can only do that if they were being lazy during production, and we dont know if they were or not.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Burrgle
post Jun 6 2008, 06:40 PM
Post #10

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Well...you cant prove that they were not being lazy. So......I can still complain! biggrin.gif

And if it was financial reasons, they should take thier new ideas into another game and incorporate them into the new one! They shouldnt rehash what is already released and release it exclusively to one country...it makes the rest of us feel like shit!

And Stiener, my sexy posting buddy. We have been argueing so well for the past two or three days...its been lovely! But I may have to say good bye for tonight! I may be going to a club soon. Buuuut it looks like they are going to ditch me sooooo whatever? But your arguements are getting weak my son...pump it up!

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
steiner
post Jun 6 2008, 06:45 PM
Post #11

It's been too long...
Group Icon

And if it was financial reasons, they should take thier new ideas into another game and incorporate them into the new one! They shouldnt rehash what is already released and release it exclusively to one country...it makes the rest of us feel like shit!

But then it wouldnt fit thematically. I mean, they altered the liscense board in FFXII. I mean, they couldnt create a new game with an altered liscense board could they? That would be unoriginal. The tweaks they do are too small generally to incoporate in a new game. But i do agree, its annoying.

And Stiener, my sexy posting buddy. We have been argueing so well for the past two or three days...its been lovely! But I may have to say good bye for tonight! I may be going to a club soon. Buuuut it looks like they are going to ditch me sooooo whatever? But your arguements are getting weak my son...pump it up!

Byeeeeee!!!

(If your friend dont ditch you. tongue.gif)

My arguments are getting weak because I finished my exams and I want to relax. I dont want to think, dammit. mad.gif

And I dont have a decent PS2 game that I havent played to experiment with. I tried playing Prince of Persia: Warrior Within, but it was boring as hell. sad.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Burrgle
post Jun 6 2008, 06:49 PM
Post #12

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Aww are you having trouble finding a good game? Well....maybe a new hobby would help.

And I am leaving! Seeya!

EDIT: ANDDDD I am not leaving yet...false alarm

But anyway....Ill be here for another hour! Ahh!

And you can fit some other games system into another game. They reused the summon system enough times but they tweaked it. And the license board is like a tweeked FFX spheregrid.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th June 2018 - 05:05 AM

Copyright 2003-2007 FFXII.Net - All Rights Reserved - Disclaimer
Final Fantasy XII, FFXII & FF12 are registered trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd.