post May 26 2008, 11:42 PM
Post #1

I've got rain in my veins
Group Icon

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 8127

IPB Image
Cover art released May 31, 2008

The fourth book in the Twilight series comes out on August 2, 2008. I was curious to see if there are any other fans of the series on the forums and what they expect, theorize, want from the last book.

Soooo...

--------------------
I am done with my graceless heart
So tonight I'm gonna cut it out and then restart
I like to keep my issue drawn
It's always darkest before the dawn

Xii<3
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Kira Lee
post Jun 4 2008, 09:38 PM
Post #2

pokemon rocks yo' mom.
Group Icon

Member No.: 4918

OH!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a fan.
smile.gif

--------------------
biff=dark yuna
+Quote Post
fierytempest
post Jun 5 2008, 01:22 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Yes, I know. tongue.gif Now discuss with me! What do you want to/think will happen in the last book?

For starters some things about my Twilight "experience":

I am team Jacob.
I've never felt like Bella will actually be changed. They might try, but I've just never felt she'd be turned into a vampire.
I have a feeling Edward will die somehow.

My mom thinks Bella will die.

--------------------

Xii<3
+Quote Post
Kira Lee
post Jun 5 2008, 02:41 PM
Post #4

pokemon rocks yo' mom.
Group Icon

Before I answer that,

I've actually always thought that there would be complications when they go to 'turn' Bella. And even if they do get her changed into a vampire, something in my mind just kept saying she would die.

I'm planning on reading Eclipse over before I read Breaking Dawn. For clues as to what might happen, and to refresh my memory. I'm going to start reading it in middle July, so I won't be behind when you get Breaking Dawn and tear through the pages. tongue.gif

Also, you know how in Eclipse, they pretty much made a plan that they were going to take Bella away just send notes to her parents saying she's happy?

I'm thinking that won't be the case, and they will have issues with that.

--------------------
biff=dark yuna
+Quote Post
fierytempest
post Jun 5 2008, 03:03 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

QUOTE(Kira Lee @ Jun 5 2008, 09:41 AM) *

Before I answer that,

I've actually always thought that there would be complications when they go to 'turn' Bella. And even if they do get her changed into a vampire, something in my mind just kept saying she would die.

I just can't see Stephenie Meyer changing her main character into a "monster".

I'm planning on reading Eclipse over before I read Breaking Dawn. For clues as to what might happen, and to refresh my memory. I'm going to start reading it in middle July, so I won't be behind when you get Breaking Dawn and tear through the pages. tongue.gif

It comes out August 2, 2008 at midnight. I plan to have it finished by August 3, 2008. xD So yes, read quickly! laugh.gif

I read the series again about a month ago. My stepmom has the books right now but I plan to re-read it one more time before it comes out. I'll probably start around July 29.

Also, you know how in Eclipse, they pretty much made a plan that they were going to take Bella away just send notes to her parents saying she's happy?

I'm thinking that won't be the case, and they will have issues with that.

I agree. I've always thought that was a lame plan. Her parents are going to want to see her, you know. I don't know how she can do that to them.

Here's one of my theories:
The Volturi are (obviously) going to come after Bella. Possibly before she and Edward have a chance to get married. The werewolves might help the Cullens fight the Volturi, but I think BD is going to be about the strategic fight against the Volturi. Just look at the significance of the cover.

Red Pawn--Obviously symbolizes Bella; red for blood, pawn for weakness.
White King--Obviously symbolizes Edward; white for the porcelain skin; king for strength (although the Queen is the strongest piece...but whatev tongue.gif)
Chessboard--Strategy...aha! tongue.gif

EDIT: Just looked at Stephenie Meyer's website and read the update. Here's something interesting which shows that the cover is important to the story:

One more thing: Unfortunately, I cannot comment on the meaning of the cover of Breaking Dawn. This information has been deemed 'classified', but we will probably post something about it after the book is released in August.

--------------------

Xii<3
+Quote Post
Kira Lee
post Jun 5 2008, 03:50 PM
Post #6

pokemon rocks yo' mom.
Group Icon

I just can't see Stephenie Meyer changing her main character into a "monster".

That's a good point. It just seems odd that Bella would become a vampire. For some reason, I'm thinking that they'll go to turn Bella into a vampire...but something will stop them. Possibly, Jacob?
ohmy.gif
I don't quite remember what happened with Jacob in the last book...but maybe he just cannot let Bella go, and he follows her when she leaves. I know Edward can smell him, but maybe, just maybe he'll have something to do with it.

I agree. I've always thought that was a lame plan. Her parents are going to want to see her, you know. I don't know how she can do that to them.

Maybe her parents will be upset, and maybe she won't be able to handle that. So she'll want to stay there, but Edward will say they can't, and she'll be stuck between both worlds?

Here's one of my theories:
The Volturi are (obviously) going to come after Bella. Possibly before she and Edward have a chance to get married. The werewolves might help the Cullens fight the Volturi, but I think BD is going to be about the strategic fight against the Volturi. Just look at the significance of the cover.

Red Pawn--Obviously symbolizes Bella; red for blood, pawn for weakness.
White King--Obviously symbolizes Edward; white for the porcelain skin; king for strength (although the Queen is the strongest piece...but whatev )
Chessboard--Strategy...aha!

I was thinking that the cover art might symbolize something. Maybe the Volturi turn Edward against Bella in some way...their powers do effect him after all. Maybe they kidnap the whole Cullen family. They let Bella know, and she wants them back so badly that she goes after them, being as stubborn as she is. Maybe when she's there, trying to get Edward back, they play sick mind games with her. That would be like them completely.

Maybe Bella has to face Edward in the end? And she has to convince him that he's not part of the Volturi, and that he loves her. Maybe that's her last test of the sick mind game. I agree that the red pawn would be Bella and the fact that she's in the back of the cover art symbolizes that shes trying to reach something she can't get to, she far behind, while Edward, being the white king, is up at the top and a king that doesn't need Bella (as he would think if he was being controlled). Since the red pawn is trying to get to the white king to destroy it, maybe it signifies that Bella is trying to get to Edward and destroy the control over him. The fact that the vampire's powers dont effect her must mean something.

Or it could signify that Bella, as the red pawn, is trying to knock off the Volturi, them being the white king.

Wow, that's really far out there. But I tried. tongue.gif

--------------------
biff=dark yuna
+Quote Post
fierytempest
post Jun 5 2008, 04:11 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

QUOTE(Kira Lee @ Jun 5 2008, 10:50 AM) *

That's a good point. It just seems odd that Bella would become a vampire. For some reason, I'm thinking that they'll go to turn Bella into a vampire...but something will stop them. Possibly, Jacob?
ohmy.gif
I don't quite remember what happened with Jacob in the last book...but maybe he just cannot let Bella go, and he follows her when she leaves. I know Edward can smell him, but maybe, just maybe he'll have something to do with it.

I can't believe I seriously didn't think about the possibility that Jacob would interfere. xD But you've also got to remember that Edward can also hear his thoughts. Maybe at the wedding he'll show up and cause trouble. tongue.gif

At the end of the last book Jacob decided to become a werewolf all of the time so he could run away from Forks/La Push, his problems, Bella, the Cullens, the other werewolves, etc...but I think he'll come back. He's one of the main three characters. He has to. I wish he'd imprint--he's so sweet, he deserves to be happy.

Maybe her parents will be upset, and maybe she won't be able to handle that. So she'll want to stay there, but Edward will say they can't, and she'll be stuck between both worlds?

That's an interesting way to put it. Maybe she'll be changed and kill one of her parents! ohmy.gif Still...I don't think she'll be changed so that's kind of out. Lol.

I was thinking that the cover art might symbolize something. Maybe the Volturi turn Edward against Bella in some way...their powers do effect him after all. Maybe they kidnap the whole Cullen family. They let Bella know, and she wants them back so badly that she goes after them, being as stubborn as she is. Maybe when she's there, trying to get Edward back, they play sick mind games with her. That would be like them completely.

Maybe Bella has to face Edward in the end? And she has to convince him that he's not part of the Volturi, and that he loves her. Maybe that's her last test of the sick mind game. I agree that the red pawn would be Bella and the fact that she's in the back of the cover art symbolizes that shes trying to reach something she can't get to, she far behind, while Edward, being the white king, is up at the top and a king that doesn't need Bella (as he would think if he was being controlled). Since the red pawn is trying to get to the white king to destroy it, maybe it signifies that Bella is trying to get to Edward and destroy the control over him. The fact that the vampire's powers dont effect her must mean something.

Or it could signify that Bella, as the red pawn, is trying to knock off the Volturi, them being the white king.

It's interesting thinking they might turn Edward against them. And as you mention mind powers (e.g. Edward, Jane, Aro) don't work against her and the Volturi are interested to see what power she'll have as a vampire (because she's bound to have one)...which is the whole reason they want her to be changed (and because she knows too much)...anyways, what if they change her and her power comes into play? (Once again, I personally don't think she'll be changed but it's always a possibility.)

I think your idea with the Volturi as the white king is ace. Especially since Edward said they're the closest thing to royalty in the vampire world. I didn't think of that. I really think you might be on to something though. OF COURSE everyone is going to think it's Edward. It seems that your idea could be right because it's not so obvious.

The question to all of this is WHY?, though. WHY would they kidnap the Cullens? WHY would they turn Edward against Bella? WHY WHY WHY? Why for ANY theory, not just yours. That's why the plot is so hard to figure out. We don't understand the motives at this point.

--------------------

Xii<3
+Quote Post
Kira Lee
post Jun 5 2008, 04:27 PM
Post #8

pokemon rocks yo' mom.
Group Icon

I can't believe I seriously didn't think about the possibility that Jacob would interfere. xD But you've also got to remember that Edward can also hear his thoughts. Maybe at the wedding he'll show up and cause trouble.

Yes!
I don't think he will be able to let Bella go that easily. I know he'll be in BD, sometime at least.

That's an interesting way to put it. Maybe she'll be changed and kill one of her parents! Still...I don't think she'll be changed so that's kind of out. Lol.

Wow, what if she did? That would be crazy. I'm thinking that Edward would stop her though, so I'm thinking that's out. xD

It's interesting thinking they might turn Edward against them. And as you mention mind powers (e.g. Edward, Jane, Aro) don't work against her and the Volturi are interested to see what power she'll have as a vampire (because she's bound to have one)...which is the whole reason they want her to be changed (and because she knows too much)...anyways, what if they change her and her power comes into play? (Once again, I personally don't think she'll be changed but it's always a possibility.)

I think your idea with the Volturi as the white king is ace. Especially since Edward said they're the closest thing to royalty in the vampire world. I didn't think of that. I really think you might be on to something though. OF COURSE everyone is going to think it's Edward. It seems that your idea could be right because it's not so obvious.

Hmm..that's an interesting thought. What is they change her and then they start controlling the Cullens and she has to demonstrate her power against them?
Or what if they just kidnap her and the Cullens have to get her back?

Yeah. It just popped into my head. I was thinking about what Edward said and it just fit, seeing as the Volturi is powerful and they consider themselves the 'leaders'.
Maybe the red pawn could be the Cullens all together?

The question to all of this is WHY?, though. WHY would they kidnap the Cullens? WHY would they turn Edward against Bella? WHY WHY WHY? Why for ANY theory, not just yours. That's why the plot is so hard to figure out. We don't understand the motives at this point.

I know. All we have is theories at this point. We can't understand until we read the book.

--------------------
biff=dark yuna
+Quote Post
fierytempest
post Jun 5 2008, 04:39 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

QUOTE(Kira Lee @ Jun 5 2008, 11:27 AM) *

Yes!
I don't think he will be able to let Bella go that easily. I know he'll be in BD, sometime at least.

Maybe he'll try to save Bella from the Volturi and die? Noooo! sad.gif

Wow, what if she did? That would be crazy. I'm thinking that Edward would stop her though, so I'm thinking that's out. xD

Yeah, any of the Cullens, really. And I think Bella would try really hard not to hurt anyone--especially people she cares about.

Hmm..that's an interesting thought. What is they change her and then they start controlling the Cullens and she has to demonstrate her power against them?
Or what if they just kidnap her and the Cullens have to get her back?

The thing is, if the Volturi kidnapped her I don't think they'd waste any time. I don't think the Cullens would have a chance to get her back. They'd probably change her right away--or worse, kill her by accident when they try to change her. In the books it says a lot that it's very hard for a vampire to change a human because they usually lose control and drain too much blood.

Yeah. It just popped into my head. I was thinking about what Edward said and it just fit, seeing as the Volturi is powerful and they consider themselves the 'leaders'.
Maybe the red pawn could be the Cullens all together?

Yes, it was a very good thought. Now that I think that it seems almost more right that the Edward/white king theory. However, I just think the red pawn symbolizes Bella because she's still human and still has human blood--and also pawns are the weakest piece. Here's one thing I said to my mom though: Usually outside of chess the word pawn means a person who betrays someone unknowingly or someone who the user/controller considers desposable. That's also something to think about. Will the Volturi kill Bella to anger Edward/the Cullens? Will Bella betray the Cullens? Will she be used by the Volturi in a plan for them to hurt/kill the Cullens? Carlisle and Edward have both said the Volturi feel threatened by the Cullens because they're the biggest coven besides the Volturi themselves, and also because they don't understand them since they're "vegetarians".

I know. All we have is theories at this point. We can't understand until we read the book.

I know. Which makes me want the book NOW.

--------------------

Xii<3
+Quote Post
Kira Lee
post Jun 5 2008, 05:13 PM
Post #10

pokemon rocks yo' mom.
Group Icon

Maybe he'll try to save Bella from the Volturi and die? Noooo!

That would be horrible!

The thing is, if the Volturi kidnapped her I don't think they'd waste any time. I don't think the Cullens would have a chance to get her back. They'd probably change her right away--or worse, kill her by accident when they try to change her. In the books it says a lot that it's very hard for a vampire to change a human because they usually lose control and drain too much blood.

That's true. Maybe the Volturi don't get Bella at all. Maybe they want her. And they start playing mind games and things like that with the Cullens so they can get her. Because naturally, the Cullens want to protect her.

Yes, it was a very good thought. Now that I think that it seems almost more right that the Edward/white king theory. However, I just think the red pawn symbolizes Bella because she's still human and still has human blood--and also pawns are the weakest piece. Here's one thing I said to my mom though: Usually outside of chess the word pawn means a person who betrays someone unknowingly or someone who the user/controller considers desposable. That's also something to think about. Will the Volturi kill Bella to anger Edward/the Cullens? Will Bella betray the Cullens? Will she be used by the Volturi in a plan for them to hurt/kill the Cullens? Carlisle and Edward have both said the Volturi feel threatened by the Cullens because they're the biggest coven besides the Volturi themselves, and also because they don't understand them since they're "vegetarians".

Maybe the Volturi will trick Bella into betraying the Cullens? Maybe by promising her something for Edward...
I don't know...I just think that the Volturi are going to have a big role in BD.

GIMMIE THE BOOK STEPHENIE MEYER!!!!

hahaha..

--------------------
biff=dark yuna
+Quote Post
fierytempest
post Jun 5 2008, 05:19 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

I'm so tempted to look for spoilers but I did that with Deathly Hallows and later wished I hadn't. It's so hard not to! sad.gif

--------------------

Xii<3
+Quote Post
Kira Lee
post Jun 5 2008, 05:28 PM
Post #12

pokemon rocks yo' mom.
Group Icon

I know! I looked at the spoilers you guys posted with Deathly Hallows and I really wished I hadn't also. It ruined half the book for me.

But it's so hard to wait.
=/

--------------------
biff=dark yuna
+Quote Post
fierytempest
post Jun 5 2008, 05:31 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

Yeah, I read a lot of spoilers for Deathly Hallows and unfortunately I stumbled upon the real thing.

I'm just gonna google it...see if there's anything...worth reading...if not, all the better. tongue.gif

EDIT: Just found some spoilers and read a little (nothing really specific though) and I've had my fill. I don't want it ruined for me. I'm already burning the VERY little that I read out of my brain.

And yes, I can make myself forget stuff.

--------------------

Xii<3
+Quote Post
Kira Lee
post Jun 5 2008, 05:49 PM
Post #14

pokemon rocks yo' mom.
Group Icon

haha wow, make yourself forget stuff?
interesting.

I'm not even going to ask what the spoilers are! DELETE THEM NOWWW.

Besides, if you don't know any spoilers, it just makes it that much better when we get the book.

--------------------
biff=dark yuna
+Quote Post
fierytempest
post Jun 5 2008, 05:53 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

Yep. It involves watching tv, thinking about other stuff, and a burning sensation in your brain. xD

I didn't post them. That's cruel.

It will make the book better. One thing I did read WHICH I REMEMBER READING ON ANOTHER SITE--A QUOTE OF STEPHENIE MEYER'S is that this book is inspired by A Midsummer Night's Dream.

Jacob loves Bella loves Edward who loves...Alice? tongue.gif

EDIT: Texted my mom about the Volturi/king theory. She replied:

What if Edward is standing ready to protect the pawn...but I THINK based on the board position he is about to be checked.

ohmy.gif Makes a lot of sense as well.

--------------------

Xii<3
+Quote Post
Kira Lee
post Jun 5 2008, 07:27 PM
Post #16

pokemon rocks yo' mom.
Group Icon

Wow. I don't know what a Midsummer Might's Dream is about though, I might look it up.

Yes, actually, that does make a lot of sense. Neither of us thought of that.

--------------------
biff=dark yuna
+Quote Post
fierytempest
post Jun 6 2008, 12:47 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

Midsummer's Night Dream is a Shakespeare play. It's about...well, too much to describe, but I know it rather well. Wiki it.

I know. I knew my mom could offer some good insight. She often does.

--------------------

Xii<3
+Quote Post
Kira Lee
post Jun 6 2008, 04:01 PM
Post #18

pokemon rocks yo' mom.
Group Icon

I'm going to. The title seems interesting enough. I've heard about it before, but never looked into it.

Yes. Your mother is a very smart woman.
Just like you!
biggrin.gif

--------------------
biff=dark yuna
+Quote Post
fierytempest
post Jun 6 2008, 04:04 PM
Post #19

Group Icon

Yes, it's too much for me to explain. It's one of the few Shakespearean plays I actually like.

You know, I really like the title Breaking Dawn it seems appropriate for a last book in a series, especially if you started with Twilight.

And thank you. smile.gif

--------------------

Xii<3
+Quote Post
Kira Lee
post Jun 6 2008, 04:31 PM
Post #20

pokemon rocks yo' mom.
Group Icon

You're right. Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse are all describing the night in some way.
Breaking Dawn is a great title, it almost seems like it describes a new beginning.

I'm wondering if that could have anything to do with the book.

You're welcome.

--------------------
biff=dark yuna
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th June 2018 - 07:31 AM

Copyright 2003-2007 FFXII.Net - All Rights Reserved - Disclaimer
Final Fantasy XII, FFXII & FF12 are registered trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd.