5 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Here's Hoping for Another FFXII Spinoff
wchoco32
post May 27 2008, 02:18 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2988

Here's hoping for another video game with the FFXII characters. I'm not even halfway through Revenant Wings but enjoying it so much that I've started a whole new quest in the original FFXII. It is good to know there is, at least, another Ivalice game (Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift) coming out soon but let me just on record as saying: "More!"
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
steiner
post May 27 2008, 08:35 AM
Post #2

It's been too long...
Group Icon

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 1745

Final Fantasy Tactics on PSP and Playstation as well!

Great game.

Shame I cant play Renevant Wings or Tactics A2.

--------------------
IPB Image
"Foolish. Picking fights with strangers in a place like this... I used to know someone like that. He was a loser... He refused to find beneficial ways to use his power. Instead, he'd seek out people to fight..." -Amarant Coral, FFIX
Mmmmm....Married to Garlz, Mel and KittenLittle.
+Quote Post
Fox
post May 27 2008, 02:43 PM
Post #3

Ninja Fox - The Silent Menace
Group Icon

Member No.: 2280

I'm very very gradually getting thriugh RW. I'll be playing it alot in the summer when I have less access to my PS3 and the likes.

I also seriously love tactics for PSP, but I havnt got around to finishing it and its been months since I played, so I might have to start it again!

--------------------
PSN: "corneliusfingers"
twitter: @corneliusfinger
Blog: Games Under the Knife
+Quote Post
Burrgle
post May 27 2008, 04:09 PM
Post #4

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 444

FFT is definatly an experience. Personally....I would not want another FFXII unless it had a decent story (at least what I would call a decent story, lets not get angry at me calling FFXII bad biggrin.gif). But I would want another FFXII if it was a little bit more involved with character developement. I would like to maybe see a prequel about the war.

I do kind of like FFXII Rev Wings. But.....the battle system is tearing my eyes away from me. Its so much micro management and its hard to select a seperate character. But it is very good for a DS spin off. I am enjoying it...just wish the story was a little better. Vann is still is stupidly positive self....nobody is really changing...everyone has such a firm sense of themselves! I need inner turmoils in each character!! And for the record...I really hate Lyudd. I hope he gets shot soon in the game. Hes such a little bitch about everything.

But another FFXII....I think that they could make it good if they wanted...but I do not think that they will if they decide to make one. While FFXII(and RW) are very good games...definatly entertaining, I dont consider them very worthy of the name FF.

--------------------
IPB Image
Thank you so much Auro!!!!
+Quote Post
N2Y
post May 29 2008, 08:35 PM
Post #5

Wiiii Love PS3... and Jessica Alba! And Penelope Cruz!
Group Icon

Member No.: 734

Here's Hoping for Another Main FF Title... No more spinoffs please... unless it's a REALLY good one for FFVIII. xD

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Burrgle
post May 29 2008, 10:58 PM
Post #6

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

I could go for some extra FFVIII airtime. What I would really want to see though....is something like Adventures of the Four swords...but for Vivi and all of his Children! (Goooooo FFIX sequel!!!)

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
steiner
post May 30 2008, 10:34 AM
Post #7

It's been too long...
Group Icon

...so long as they dont do Naruto voice for Zidane, and so long as they refer to Steiner as God...Im in. tongue.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
"Foolish. Picking fights with strangers in a place like this... I used to know someone like that. He was a loser... He refused to find beneficial ways to use his power. Instead, he'd seek out people to fight..." -Amarant Coral, FFIX
+Quote Post
joesmith123
post May 30 2008, 07:40 PM
Post #8

Cor Blimey!
Group Icon

Member No.: 866

I hope they stop all the FFXII nonesense and focus all their attention to making FFXIII redeem the franchise after the disappointment that was FFXII.

--------------------
IPB Image

Thanks again to Snake for another great sig. As always his work on my behalf is greatly appreciated.
+Quote Post
steiner
post May 30 2008, 08:11 PM
Post #9

It's been too long...
Group Icon

^Well you're a republican who doesnt even like FFIX, so its not as if your opinion counts.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Burrgle
post May 30 2008, 09:00 PM
Post #10

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(steiner @ May 30 2008, 08:11 PM) *

^Well you're a republican who doesnt even like FFIX, so its not as if your opinion counts.

Ouch...but what does that have to do with anything?

And I didnt know Joesmith didn't like FFXII....he seemed to be the person who would adore that kind of game. But I guess I was wrong...if you do not mind me asking Joe....what makes you hate FFXII so?

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
steiner
post May 30 2008, 09:17 PM
Post #11

It's been too long...
Group Icon

QUOTE(Burrgle @ May 30 2008, 10:00 PM) *

QUOTE(steiner @ May 30 2008, 08:11 PM) *

Oh yeah, and he likes George Bush.

The hate list continues.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Burrgle
post May 30 2008, 10:47 PM
Post #12

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

So..its perfectly legal for him to like George Bush....a lot of the country does...why do you think he got reelected? He is personally not my cup of tea. But this is not a thread for discussing politics....its simply adressing FFXII spinoff possibilities. So stop spamming fool! Keep to the topic. And dont be a hater tongue.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
steiner
post May 31 2008, 09:44 AM
Post #13

It's been too long...
Group Icon

No. George Bush fucking sucks. And Joe Smith is a moron who should jump off a cliff before he embarrases himself and his own pathetic, moronic country even further. Bloody tosser. dry.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
joesmith123
post May 31 2008, 12:55 PM
Post #14

Cor Blimey!
Group Icon

This thread has become about my favorite of all topics...me. So lets begin.

Well you're a republican who doesnt even like FFIX, so its not as if your opinion counts.

It's because I am a republican who thinks FFIX is for queer Sri Lankans that my opinion counts.

And I didnt know Joesmith didn't like FFXII....he seemed to be the person who would adore that kind of game. But I guess I was wrong...if you do not mind me asking Joe....what makes you hate FFXII so?

It has nothing to with anything...but steiner is a liberal and coherent points are not the strong suit of liberals such as him.

I certainly did not adore FFXII, for me it was a huge let down. My main problem was with the story since for me that is the driving point behind putting 70+ hours into any RPG. I thought the stories and characters were under developed, with a bare minimum of interaction between them. It didn't seem to me to be a whole hell of a lot between some of these characters to really bind them as they took on an empire. The lack of any true main character left the story without some focus, as we just got snippets about this character and then about that character. I felt the game started out strongly, but once you left Rabanastre it all went down hill from there. I finished the game and still felt like I knew so little about each character and about the world.

I hated how the espers worked and thought they were completely useless. The fact that all the monster hunting side quests did not give you any exp. was idiotic to me as if it did give exp. then it would have been a fantastic alternative to grinding. These are more minor points than the story. I had more complaints but it has been a long time since I played the game and my memory isn't working so well at the moment.

Oh yeah, and he likes George Bush.

The hate list continues.

I think you're going to feel empty inside when November of 2008 rolls around and you no longer have Bush to hate on.

No. George Bush fucking sucks. And Joe Smith is a moron who should jump off a cliff before he embarrases himself and his own pathetic, moronic country even further. Bloody tosser.

FFIX sucks, Sri Lanka sucks, liberals suck....George Bush just had a very difficult presidency.

Well America is no beacon of freedom, justice, and democracy like Sri Lanka. But we do our best to live up to your example. Just wait for the Olympic games in Beijing, and the U.S. will once again dominate as always.

Also, everyone knows that my intellect far surpasses yours steiner. How you can even enjoy FFIX shows how infantile your mind can be, while I enjoy the superb FFX which attests to my ability to understand more complex and mature plots.

--------------------
IPB Image

Thanks again to Snake for another great sig. As always his work on my behalf is greatly appreciated.
+Quote Post
Burrgle
post May 31 2008, 01:45 PM
Post #15

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Coming from a neutral party, you both (stiener and joesmith) should lay off eachother. You are just stupidly attacking eachother for a reason that is nobody elses bussiness...especially not in a thread about FFXII. If you guys are going to argue...why not take it to a PM?

And as for my opinion....FFIX did not suck...I am sure Sri Lanka doesnt suck...and I am liberal......You both are just being blatently offensive with no purpose. Live and let live.

As for JoeSmiths opinion of FFXII...finally! Someone agrees with me. People keep telling me that maybe I played through too fast...but you Joesmith have restored me to my original opinion!

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
steiner
post May 31 2008, 06:05 PM
Post #16

It's been too long...
Group Icon

It's because I am a republican who thinks FFIX is for queer Sri Lankans that my opinion counts.

Great argument there... dry.gif

It has nothing to with anything...but steiner is a liberal and coherent points are not the strong suit of liberals such as him.

Oh, you're one to talk you conservative bastard. See your above quote.

certainly did not adore FFXII, for me it was a huge let down. My main problem was with the story since for me that is the driving point behind putting 70+ hours into any RPG. I thought the stories and characters were under developed, with a bare minimum of interaction between them. It didn't seem to me to be a whole hell of a lot between some of these characters to really bind them as they took on an empire. The lack of any true main character left the story without some focus, as we just got snippets about this character and then about that character. I felt the game started out strongly, but once you left Rabanastre it all went down hill from there. I finished the game and still felt like I knew so little about each character and about the world.

The character developement was subtle. And you, being the typically narrow minded simpleton, blundering into business that isnt yours (like George Bush in Iraq), obviously didnt get it. Shame really. If both you and George had been a bit more perceptive, the world would be a better place. wink.gif

I think you're going to feel empty inside when November of 2008 rolls around and you no longer have Bush to hate on.

Well, at least I'll still have you. tongue.gif

And those classic jokes about him will never die. Then again, if he fixes those ballet boxes and changes the constitution he could be in for a third term.

FFIX sucks, Sri Lanka sucks, liberals suck....George Bush just had a very difficult presidency

No. Just no.

Shut up. What makes your opinion so great. Did God tell you that what you said was true? Thats what George Bush said, if I remember correctly. Very fun guy.

Oops, I mean very fundamentalist guy.

Well America is no beacon of freedom, justice, and democracy like Sri Lanka. But we do our best to live up to your example. Just wait for the Olympic games in Beijing, and the U.S. will once again dominate as always.

At least I dont have some deluded self pride and patriotism for my country. Sri Lanka is run by morons, so too is America at the moment. In the end, we're all the same.

Also, everyone knows that my intellect far surpasses yours steiner. How you can even enjoy FFIX shows how infantile your mind can be, while I enjoy the superb FFX which attests to my ability to understand more complex and mature plots.

laugh.gif

Are you serious? FFIX had a far more deep and philisophical plot. I dealt with issues surrounding the matters of life and death in a frank and fulfilling way. FFX was just some random (fun) game, with a script written by a two year old soap-opera addict. It had the total subtely of a bull in a china shop.

Lol, funny how I still loved it. But that was only because of Auron, a decent plot and a good battle system. Its still nothing in comparison to FFIX.

Coming from a neutral party, you both (stiener and joesmith) should lay off eachother. You are just stupidly attacking eachother for a reason that is nobody elses

Dont worry, me and Joe are only playing. We have a long history of banter, but its all harmless.

*sharpens knife*

ph34r.gif

Thats what he thinks.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
joesmith123
post May 31 2008, 06:26 PM
Post #17

Cor Blimey!
Group Icon

At least I dont have some deluded self pride and patriotism for my country. Sri Lanka is run by morons, so too is America at the moment. In the end, we're all the same.

No, we are not all the same. U.S. > Rest of the world...Enough said.

Are you serious? FFIX had a far more deep and philisophical plot. I dealt with issues surrounding the matters of life and death in a frank and fulfilling way. FFX was just some random (fun) game, with a script written by a two year old soap-opera addict. It had the total subtely of a bull in a china shop.

Please, FFX is a classic. FFIX is garbage. It's not even in the top 5 for best RPG of its console cycle, so I don't know why you love it so much. I guess it's that same kind of poor choice in games that makes you like FFXII and any crappy spinoff.

Coming from a neutral party, you both (stiener and joesmith) should lay off eachother. You are just stupidly attacking eachother for a reason that is nobody elses

We are just screwing around.

FFIX did not suck...I am sure Sri Lanka doesnt suck

Yes they do.

As for JoeSmiths opinion of FFXII...finally! Someone agrees with me. People keep telling me that maybe I played through too fast...but you Joesmith have restored me to my original opinion!

I'm glad that I could help. FFXIII better be a masterpiece after SE failed so miserably with FFXII and then decided to make the next Dragon Quest game a DS title.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Burrgle
post May 31 2008, 07:17 PM
Post #18

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Ohhhh okay! I wasnt sure. Then screw eachother away! biggrin.gif Sorry for interupting....

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
steiner
post May 31 2008, 08:54 PM
Post #19

It's been too long...
Group Icon

No, we are not all the same. U.S. > Rest of the world...Enough said.

Im suprised an ignorant American such as yourself even knew there was a world. Most fundamentalist American conservative idiots seem to think they're the big cheese, when in reality they are inisignificant idiots living in a country that is far from special and contains the highest percentage of retarded people in the history of civilization.

Please, FFX is a classic. FFIX is garbage. It's not even in the top 5 for best RPG of its console cycle, so I don't know why you love it so much. I guess it's that same kind of poor choice in games that makes you like FFXII and any crappy spinoff.

Oh, hmmm, who made FFX? Oh wait, that was Sakaguchi. Do you know what Sakaguchi said about FFIX? He said it was the best game ever. What about Uematsu, composer of every final fantasy up to and including FFX? He too said that FFIX was the best game ever. FFIX is the true classic. FFX is for preteens who like cheesy dialogue and start crying whenever someone dies - no matter how poorly it was done.

Yes they do.

Why do you think that? I bet you dont even know where Sri Lanka is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8SuCBHqXtQ

These are the kind of people who represent your country.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Chrono
post Jun 1 2008, 01:16 PM
Post #20

Royal Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2318

FFX is for preteens who like cheesy dialogue and start crying whenever someone dies - no matter how poorly it was done.

Not as cheesy as Zidane's lines.

This post has been edited by Chrono: Jun 1 2008, 01:17 PM

--------------------
Don'tcha wish your mooglefriend was hot like me? ~ PushyCaitSiths.
+Quote Post

5 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st July 2018 - 02:09 AM

Copyright 2003-2007 FFXII.Net - All Rights Reserved - Disclaimer
Final Fantasy XII, FFXII & FF12 are registered trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd.