> Here's Hoping for Another FFXII Spinoff
Burrgle
post Jun 1 2008, 03:58 PM
Post #21

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 444

Zidanes lines do not compare to the cheesyness of the laugh scene of FFX. FFX takes the cake in cheeseyness.

--------------------
IPB Image
Thank you so much Auro!!!!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Marblefist
post Jun 1 2008, 04:38 PM
Post #22

Negrodamus
Group Icon

Member No.: 1545

LOL at the "banter" IMO FFX>FF9 and FF12 was great, the only qualms i had with the game were with the pretty thin story. However, the battle system and all round gameplay, side quests, freedom etc. easily eclipses past titles, SE finally fixed up a ever more irritating formula. Granted, the plot definitely suffered as they moved from there comfort zone (syrupy, far-fetched, bordering pretentious drama, which i do happen to enjoy lol) and tried for something more mature in tone. But, over a year on and im still playing it, clocking just over 140 hours.

--------------------
Until I force Xiitharn to make me a new sig this writing will have to suffice.
+Quote Post
Burrgle
post Jun 1 2008, 04:53 PM
Post #23

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Hahaha...you just say that because of the voice actors in X. In FFIX...if you had voice actors...just imagine how entertaining the ATE's would have been! There were a lot of funny ones!!!

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Marblefist
post Jun 1 2008, 05:08 PM
Post #24

Negrodamus
Group Icon

Member No.: 1545

you just say that because of the voice actors in X

That is definitely true to an extent, omd i wish tidus would just die!! lol FF9 voice actors would be jokes, i just have an image of them all sounding like cherubs lol Though all the past stories have been entertaining if almost annoying in there near mgs-standard of convulted storylines.

--------------------
Until I force Xiitharn to make me a new sig this writing will have to suffice.
+Quote Post
Burrgle
post Jun 1 2008, 05:16 PM
Post #25

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

But VAs in FFIX would be fun eh!?

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
steiner
post Jun 1 2008, 05:54 PM
Post #26

It's been too long...
Group Icon

Member No.: 1745

LOL at the "banter" IMO FFX>FF9

BLASPHEMER!!! mad.gif

You better say something pretty damn quick before I strike you off Steinerism for good. I mean, I dont think its even fair to compare the two games. FFIX is in a league of its own, far above mere games like FFX.

Not as cheesy as Zidane's lines.

Oh really? If you asked me to find cheesy lines from Tidus I could fill up this whole forum. I'd like to see you come up with even a few cheesy lines from Zidane.

I actually dont think the story in FFXII was that thin. I just think the sub plots were extremely well hidden that you could only garner what was going on by one line. FFX did the opposite and explicitly stated pretty much every little thing that was going on. I still prefered FFX's story, but if FFXII hadnt been quite so subtle and had developed its sub plots more, it would probably overtake FFX. 'Course nothing can even come close to FFIX. And thats the simple, unarguable truth. Case closed.

About VA's in FFIX. If they did them well, it would be Godly. But I got scared by the Naruto voice of Zidane in Dissidia. That just sucked.

--------------------
IPB Image
"Foolish. Picking fights with strangers in a place like this... I used to know someone like that. He was a loser... He refused to find beneficial ways to use his power. Instead, he'd seek out people to fight..." -Amarant Coral, FFIX
Mmmmm....Married to Garlz, Mel and KittenLittle.
+Quote Post
Burrgle
post Jun 1 2008, 06:39 PM
Post #27

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Well...has anyone heard the VA for Naruto do Zidane yet? It could be good. I remember when people cringed at Lance Bass doing a few lines for Sephiroth in KH. But he did a very nice job and his voice suited Sephy quite well. -nod-

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
joesmith123
post Jun 1 2008, 11:03 PM
Post #28

Cor Blimey!
Group Icon

Member No.: 866

Not as cheesy as Zidane's lines.

Nice. Another ally against steiner. A coalition of the willing as GW would say.

Why do you think that? I bet you dont even know where Sri Lanka is.

It's an island off the coast of India.

Zidanes lines do not compare to the cheesyness of the laugh scene of FFX.

The laughing scene was cheesy, but FFX as a whole is a superior game.

--------------------
IPB Image

Thanks again to Snake for another great sig. As always his work on my behalf is greatly appreciated.
+Quote Post
Burrgle
post Jun 2 2008, 09:46 AM
Post #29

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Hrm....it is still a difficult comparison. Because as a superior game....gameplay is obviously a factor. And FFX was far too simplistic. I mean common. Wolfs/Lizards (Tidus), Flying (Wakka), Armored (Auron/Kimari), Magic Enemies (Lulu), Machine Enemies (Rikku). This is of course with the exception of the boss battles which are more about endurance and saving your overdrives. So gameplay wise...I think that FFX loses. FFIX simply had a bit more to it...not a lot though. Because RPGs are not that fun to play....its the storys that hook you.

And story wise...as a whole..Id give my piece to FFX. Even though I feel like it is decently shorter. It still covers what seems to be more a full story....wait....what.....now I am thinking about FFIXs story and it seems to be better....oh so close!!! I am not sure! The music though! Sets the scene for the game!

As for the music! They are very close. I have to say that there are a lot of FFX tunes that I listen to even now kind of obsessivly. But there are plenty of tunes that are just poitlessly obnoxious (ex...that terrible battle theme and boss theme) As for everything crisp clean and beautiful! Even though FFIX has astounding music. And a bit more of a theme to its music. Still...when I listen to FFX..its so magical...more so than FFIX...no one can deny this!

What about the world?! FFIX had a nice play on what was the rennaisance mixed with fantasy! Very nice. And it was something that we have not seen before. But some of it was very unimaginitive. For instance...Ispens Castle. Who cares....its a castle! They really didnt create anything new and different. They altered it pleasently though! It was relaxing and realistic to people in temperate climates. FFX....now that was a world. While a liniar one at that. It still was quite amazingly beautiful. And because not many people live on the tropics. It was a lot more refreshing. They created Zanarkand...common...that takes some cake.

What about the minigames!? Cards vs. Biltzball....Biltzball is far more impressive as a minigame, but it takes too long. Cards is an ordinary video game but it doesnt destroy your life from making you wait for about 7 mins in the goalies pants after you make your first score so you do not have to play for the rest of the game! Did anybody else do this stratagy?

(for those who dont get the retoric, basically...score one goal above the other team. Then you get the ball from the opposers. Last, go to your side of the biltzstadium and wait in your goalies goal. They usually dont bother you. I basically just kinda work out a little bit while Im waiting for the half to end. Pushups mostly, but I have some well developing pecs biggrin.gif)

But now that I bring up that point. At no point in FFIX game did it ever facilitate getting in shape! AH! Damn you FFIX!

FFX wins foreva biggrin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
steiner
post Jun 2 2008, 06:29 PM
Post #30

It's been too long...
Group Icon

Well...has anyone heard the VA for Naruto do Zidane yet? It could be good. I remember when people cringed at Lance Bass doing a few lines for Sephiroth in KH. But he did a very nice job and his voice suited Sephy quite well. -nod-

Whoever voiced Zidane in that really short section of the Japanese Dissidia trailer did it really poorly.

It's an island off the coast of India.

Well done! At least you know how to use google. wink.gif

The laughing scene was cheesy, but FFX as a whole is a superior game.

No. Just no.

Hrm....it is still a difficult comparison. Because as a superior game....gameplay is obviously a factor. And FFX was far too simplistic. I mean common. Wolfs/Lizards (Tidus), Flying (Wakka), Armored (Auron/Kimari), Magic Enemies (Lulu), Machine Enemies (Rikku). This is of course with the exception of the boss battles which are more about endurance and saving your overdrives. So gameplay wise...I think that FFX loses. FFIX simply had a bit more to it...not a lot though. Because RPGs are not that fun to play....its the storys that hook you.

I disagree. I thought FFX's battle system was as good as IX's. Possibly better. Its in the story and character developement parts that FFIX blows FFX away in.

Still...when I listen to FFX..its so magical...more so than FFIX...no one can deny this!

Hell, I can! FFX was Uematsu's weakest score IMO. It just lacked the depth of the other FFs. Sure, it had killer tunes like To Zanarkand, Otherworld, Blitzball Gambler and Seymour Battle, but Id be hard pressed to find more.

FFIX was rated by Uematsu himself as his favourite sound track. So he disagrees with you.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/focu...r-nobuo-uematsu

Notice how he says without any hesitation that FFIX is his favourite musically and overall. The man's got taste. So too does Sakaguchi, founder of Final Fantasy. It seems that the people who truly understand what makes a great gaming experience agree with me. wink.gif

But some of it was very unimaginitive. For instance...Ispens Castle. Who cares....its a castle! They really didnt create anything new and different.

That has to be the worst example Ive ever heard in my entire life (no joke). That castle was the most imaginative castle in FF history. For a start, it was upside down. Secondly, they messed around with all the gameplay combinations so that weak attacks did more damage than strong ones. (equipping daggers increased damage a lot). Then they put in a bunch of traps and a couple of riddles. I dont see how that was unimaginative. And its not as if you spent a long time in it or anything. You can complete Ipsen's Castle bit in under an hour.

Oh, and JS. If you think the FFXII spinoff stuff is bad. Say that to this cutscene:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-Jhr9kikuNQ&feature=related

--------------------
IPB Image
"Foolish. Picking fights with strangers in a place like this... I used to know someone like that. He was a loser... He refused to find beneficial ways to use his power. Instead, he'd seek out people to fight..." -Amarant Coral, FFIX
+Quote Post
Burrgle
post Jun 2 2008, 06:40 PM
Post #31

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

I dont care what Uematsu thinks about his own music. I like something because I like it! If you werent hung like a light switch....maybe you would like something for you too. tongue.gif

Ispens Castle wasnt nearly as imaginative as Zanarkand! I mean common....floating water! EVERYWHERE! Waterfalls coming out of buildings..and people live(lived) there! And the lights were pretty. Ispens castle may have been upsiddown...but we could just turn Zanarkand upisde down and it would be right on par.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
steiner
post Jun 2 2008, 07:12 PM
Post #32

It's been too long...
Group Icon

QUOTE(Burrgle @ Jun 2 2008, 07:40 PM) *

I dont care what Uematsu thinks about his own music. I like something because I like it! If you werent hung like a light switch....maybe you would like something for you too. tongue.gif

Lol, my point was this though. You said;

Still...when I listen to FFX..its so magical...more so than FFIX...no one can deny this!

And my point was that yes they can. Uematsu himself denied it. tongue.gif

I mean IMO,

The Place I'll Return to Someday > To Zanarkand

Musically speaking, the polyphony is just amazing.
Ispens Castle wasnt nearly as imaginative as Zanarkand! I mean common....floating water! EVERYWHERE! Waterfalls coming out of buildings..and people live(lived) there! And the lights were pretty. Ispens castle may have been upsiddown...but we could just turn Zanarkand upisde down and it would be right on par.

...I dont know what you're talking about. I never saw that in FFX. I you sure it wasnt in FFX-2? Remember, they're different games so FFX-2 cant fit in the comparison. Which is lucky for FFX-2, because I heard that it sucked.

lol, upside down Zanarkand. That just wouldnt work. laugh.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Burrgle
post Jun 2 2008, 07:44 PM
Post #33

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

I could make it work! And you would realize that if you werent RETARDED!! biggrin.gif

As for the "no one can deny this" statement. Obviously an overstatment! Of course it is not true! It is an outragous thought to think that everyone agrees with me. The ones that dont though....are silly poopie mcstoopid faces. tongue.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Chrono
post Jun 2 2008, 08:10 PM
Post #34

Royal Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2318

OT : I'm not against Steiner. I was just stating a fact, that's all.

This post has been edited by Chrono: Jun 2 2008, 08:10 PM

--------------------
Don'tcha wish your mooglefriend was hot like me? ~ PushyCaitSiths.
+Quote Post
Burrgle
post Jun 2 2008, 08:31 PM
Post #35

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Please Chrono, elaborate...tell the world exactly how wrong and foolish Stiener is with quotation and citation! biggrin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
steiner
post Jun 2 2008, 08:47 PM
Post #36

It's been too long...
Group Icon

^Exactly.

@Chronos: You can find the full script of FFIX on GameFAQs. You'd better start looking. You may be there a very long time. wink.gif

The ones that dont though....are silly poopie mcstoopid faces

Actually, I think you'll find that the ones who disagree with me are the 'silly poopie mcstoopid faces'. And so, ironically, you are one of those very people of whom you despise. Do you see it now Burrgle? When you bared your sword against me, you bared your sword against the law.

XD, I quoted FFXII, just to piss you off some more

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Burrgle
post Jun 2 2008, 09:14 PM
Post #37

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

(O).(o)
-dies of death-

FFXII.......the liquid splurging from a boil on the back of an aged walrus who has had sex to so many baby Dolphins that it makes our fishnets look good? I think so.

-SIGH!-
Only mommy killers like FFIX....are you a mommy killer?! biggrin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Chrono
post Jun 3 2008, 12:40 PM
Post #38

Royal Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2318

Zidane flirting with the ladies. That's cheesy IMO. The way he talks to them. lol.. XD And the way he talks to his friends, sometime it makes me laugh really hard. XD Rusty... *giggles* XD

--------------------
Don'tcha wish your mooglefriend was hot like me? ~ PushyCaitSiths.
+Quote Post
Burrgle
post Jun 3 2008, 06:09 PM
Post #39

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Wow...somebody used an XD overload...maybe if you used less of them..people would take your posts more seriously!

....XD

Hahahah tongue.gif

But I in reality I dont think it was cheesey the way he flirted and talked....lots of people do that. Well...cheesey...but not the point of unrealism.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
steiner
post Jun 4 2008, 04:04 PM
Post #40

It's been too long...
Group Icon

lol, it worked. tongue.gif

That was good enough for him, so its good enough for me. I didnt think the flirting was cheesy.

-SIGH!-
Only mommy killers like FFIX....are you a mommy killer?!

YES! biggrin.gif

Anyway, I am seriously in love with Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions at the moment. The cutscenes are absolutely phenomenal. Just a pity there aren't more of them, because they make the rest of the game seem a little boring. (only a little).

I just keep watching the same cutscenes over and over again, they were done so well IMO. - Genius.

Then again, some cutscenes in FFXII were genius. Especially the bits at the top of Pharos, the opening and in Mt Bur Omisace.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post

5 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2018 - 07:19 AM

Copyright 2003-2007 FFXII.Net - All Rights Reserved - Disclaimer
Final Fantasy XII, FFXII & FF12 are registered trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd.