> Here's Hoping for Another FFXII Spinoff
Burrgle
post Jun 4 2008, 04:29 PM
Post #41

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 444

Dude...the cutscenes in FFXII sucked....it was just like...look at us..standin and talkin and shit. Oh? Theres a conflict...oh well...we will see no character devlopement...so well just not think about it and go our own ways once we stop doing thing. Uch...we all hate eachother.
...thats what the cut scenes say to me.

I loooved tactics! How is the PSP version? I didnt think that there was much different in it. But I saw one of the cut scenes..and the art work is fantastic! I love the way they handled it. Its simple but appealing.

Hmmm...-fantasizes about FF spin off games and goes to fan boy mode-
You know whatd be realllly cool!? If they made an FFX game based on the events that transpired in Zanarkand 1000 years ago. Make up some characters, throw Lenne and Shuyin in there (and maybe four seconds of Tidus) and then there can be Yunalesca and Zeaon! AHHH! It would be grand! And you could start the first calm! smile.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
Thank you so much Auro!!!!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Chrono
post Jun 4 2008, 04:38 PM
Post #42

Royal Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2318

QUOTE(Burrgle @ Jun 3 2008, 03:09 PM) *

Wow...somebody used an XD overload...maybe if you used less of them..people would take your posts more seriously!

....XD

Hahahah tongue.gif

But I in reality I dont think it was cheesey the way he flirted and talked....lots of people do that. Well...cheesey...but not the point of unrealism.

XD

Well, when I was younger, I thought it was cheesy. That's all. beee.gif

--------------------
Don'tcha wish your mooglefriend was hot like me? ~ PushyCaitSiths.
+Quote Post
Burrgle
post Jun 4 2008, 04:47 PM
Post #43

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Hmp! I wish you had more of an opinion so that we could argue more.....mommy killer!

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
steiner
post Jun 4 2008, 05:09 PM
Post #44

It's been too long...
Group Icon

Member No.: 1745

Aww, come on. Zidane is a legend. He pinched Garnet's butt. tongue.gif

Dude...the cutscenes in FFXII sucked....it was just like...look at us..standin and talkin and shit. Oh? Theres a conflict...oh well...we will see no character devlopement...so well just not think about it and go our own ways once we stop doing thing. Uch...we all hate eachother.

shok.gif

But the script! It was amazing. I mean, at times it was better than Shakespeare himself. The clash of wills, the complex emotions masked by few words, the subtle facial expression and just the sheer intelligence of it all. I dont get whats not to like.

Then again, the cutscenes in FFT are even better. There are less of them though, but they are all of very high quality.

I loooved tactics! How is the PSP version? I didnt think that there was much different in it. But I saw one of the cut scenes..and the art work is fantastic! I love the way they handled it. Its simple but appealing

PSP version is awesome. It was my first time. The script is like the script in FFXII now, which for me sounds really amazing. I think its a really great script apart from the occasional weirdness. The cutscenes, as I said, are phenomenal. I also love how you get Balthier - he's the strongest character in the game. Just edging out Cid (Orlandeau) in terms of strenth. You also get Luso from FFTA.

Oh, and there are a couple of new jobs. Im still trying to get the ultimate dark knight job.

Hmmm...-fantasizes about FF spin off games and goes to fan boy mode-
You know whatd be realllly cool!? If they made an FFX game based on the events that transpired in Zanarkand 1000 years ago. Make up some characters, throw Lenne and Shuyin in there (and maybe four seconds of Tidus) and then there can be Yunalesca and Zeaon! AHHH! It would be grand! And you could start the first calm!

No. Just no.

Ya know what would be grand though? If the folks at SE grabbed FFX, grabbed FFVII and shoved them down a toilet and flushed it. Enough already - those games have had enough fan service to last a life time.

--------------------
IPB Image
"Foolish. Picking fights with strangers in a place like this... I used to know someone like that. He was a loser... He refused to find beneficial ways to use his power. Instead, he'd seek out people to fight..." -Amarant Coral, FFIX
Mmmmm....Married to Garlz, Mel and KittenLittle.
+Quote Post
Burrgle
post Jun 4 2008, 08:59 PM
Post #45

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

-SHIEKS!!-

Okay! One...you are compareing FFXII and FFT to Shakespere....um.....yea...youre dumb tongue.gif

Two...I always hated how overpowered some of the characters you get later on are....it was completely unbalanced! BOOOO!

And THREE! FFX....FFVII...TOILET?!?!??

Okay kiddo....it's Daddytime!

-drags stiener off to the closet!-

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Chrono
post Jun 4 2008, 09:32 PM
Post #46

Royal Member

I rather play Final Fantasy X over XII. Even X-2 is more interesting in the 'characters developments' department. FFXII feels too Star Wars-desque. I rather watch the original Star Wars. Thank you.

This post has been edited by Chrono: Jun 4 2008, 09:34 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Burrgle
post Jun 4 2008, 11:37 PM
Post #47

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

<3 Chrono. I love you...we should get married. He is completely correct, even the character devlopment in FFX2 was more exciting and interesting. Even the characters werent bland! All of them had such exciting costumes. And what did FFXII characters have?! NOTHING!

FFXII was a little too StarWars esque! I agree with Chrono....its almost like....a copy! SE is a copy cat!

Yea....Yuna had more personality than all of the characters in FFXII..and Yuna was the weaker personality of the three girls. And Rikku had more personality than the game. All of the characters of FFXII were so collected and wise. It was so annoying. Vann and Panelo were the only two interesting characters.....and that was ruined by lack of airtime. And Baltheir was cool too! But there were so many characters like the serious Ashe/Fran/Larsa/Basch/Vossler/Reddas tetrahedron. It was terrible. Uch.

In FFX2. One serious character who thinks shes realllly cool. One goofball. And one character burdened with a troubled past who is in the process of over coming it!

FFX2>FFXII tongue.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
steiner
post Jun 5 2008, 10:24 AM
Post #48

It's been too long...
Group Icon

^I think you guys were just too blind to see it. It was subtle. Probably too subtle for you.

Personally, I enjoy subtle character developement - even if FFXII took it to the extreme. I'm a firm believer that you can say so much with just a single sentence or face.

<3 Chrono. I love you...we should get married. He is completely correct, even the character devlopment in FFX2 was more exciting and interesting. Even the characters werent bland! All of them had such exciting costumes. And what did FFXII characters have?! NOTHING!

Oh, and Fran's costume wasnt exciting. tongue.gif

FFXII was intelligent, and it dealt with some complex issues. I very much doubt FFX-2 did that.

Yea....Yuna had more personality than all of the characters in FFXII..and Yuna was the weaker personality of the three girls. And Rikku had more personality than the game. All of the characters of FFXII were so collected and wise. It was so annoying. Vann and Panelo were the only two interesting characters.....and that was ruined by lack of airtime. And Baltheir was cool too! But there were so many characters like the serious Ashe/Fran/Larsa/Basch/Vossler/Reddas tetrahedron. It was terrible. Uch.

Oh my God. Are you serious?

I thought that Vaan and Penelo were far and away the least interesting characters. I thought Balthier was awesome, Basch's internal conflict was superbly done for the most part, Vossler's in going battles of alleigance was also brilliantly portrayed. Reddas as well was a gem of a character - 'I, Judge Magister, condemn you to oblivion!'. And then there are the Judges. Each of whom have their own motives and ambitions, while the Senate too are involved in their own games of power. You can just hear them testing their ideas, trying their rulers, worming their way towards power.

Okay! One...you are compareing FFXII and FFT to Shakespere....um.....yea...youre dumb tongue.gif

Hey, Ive studied Shakespeare. Im entitled to my opinion.

Personally, I feel that the script in FFXII is more eloquent than most of Shakespeare's scripts. I sometimes thinks Shakespeare tries too hard in his attempts to convey metaphors and allegorys. And sometimes his manipulation of the language to achieve iambic pentameter feels contrived. I felt FFXII's script on the other hand, was mostly effortless. In fact, while the plot was quite weak (then again, Shakespeare's plots were weak), the script IMO was genius.

--------------------
IPB Image
"Foolish. Picking fights with strangers in a place like this... I used to know someone like that. He was a loser... He refused to find beneficial ways to use his power. Instead, he'd seek out people to fight..." -Amarant Coral, FFIX
+Quote Post
Burrgle
post Jun 5 2008, 01:04 PM
Post #49

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Well...even most theater buffs think that Shakeshere is cheesy and overdone, the fact that FFXII carries this style...makes it.....cheesy and over done!! tongue.gif

And I say Panelo and Vann where the only two cool characters because of the fact that they were both so cheerful, but they did not get enough air time so they couldnt contrast that much with with the other four.

And the fact that you are comparing Frans "exciting" constume with her personality and saying that her costume makes her personality exciting...is just stupid and jeuvenille! Hahhaha.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
steiner
post Jun 5 2008, 01:38 PM
Post #50

It's been too long...
Group Icon

Well...even most theater buffs think that Shakeshere is cheesy and overdone, the fact that FFXII carries this style...makes it.....cheesy and over done!! tongue.gif

Shakespeare...cheesy?

Really? Ive never heard anyone say that before. Even though I agree it can be cheesy at times - especially in comedies, in serious fare it isnt usually. Maybe its because the plots he uses are weak. But FFXII was much less cheesy than other FFs like FFX. Come on, you gotta admit that.

And I say Panelo and Vann where the only two cool characters because of the fact that they were both so cheerful, but they did not get enough air time so they couldnt contrast that much with with the other four.

FFXII wasnt really a cheerful game. There were only a few lols along the way. I mean, I didnt really feel cheerfulness was so necessary, although more of a contrast could have been nicer.

And the fact that you are comparing Frans "exciting" constume with her personality and saying that her costume makes her personality exciting...is just stupid and jeuvenille! Hahhaha.

Dont take words outta my mouth. I never said that. I just said her costume was exciting. I didnt mention her personality.

Fran was actually a very wise and old person. So her personality was interesting but not particularly exciting. And lol, that was a funny spelling of the word 'juvenile'. tongue.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Burrgle
post Jun 5 2008, 01:44 PM
Post #51

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Yea...it would have been interesting had not all of the guest characters and Basch and Ashe were like that! And FFX! Not a cheery game! FFIX! Not a cheery game! FFVIII! Not a cheery game! FFVII! Not a cheery game! And so on...

But there was always that character that had a postiive view that set them apart from the other characters! Dynamic personality!!!! It is a must!

And yes...cheesy...the parts where they attempt to use Thou's and such......its quite stomach turning and it makes me want to stop playing. Sure it shows class. But they mixed it in with some of the games own vocab that didnt fit well with old english! And old english....if you really read it in its proper...its much harder to understand than how they were speaking...therefore...not Shakespearian!

And dont make fun of my grammertagal insufficiantesy!

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
steiner
post Jun 5 2008, 02:06 PM
Post #52

It's been too long...
Group Icon

Yea...it would have been interesting had not all of the guest characters and Basch and Ashe were like that! And FFX! Not a cheery game! FFIX! Not a cheery game! FFVIII! Not a cheery game! FFVII! Not a cheery game! And so on...

FFIX was very funny at times though!

And yes...cheesy...the parts where they attempt to use Thou's and such......its quite stomach turning and it makes me want to stop playing. Sure it shows class. But they mixed it in with some of the games own vocab that didnt fit well with old english! And old english....if you really read it in its proper...its much harder to understand than how they were speaking...therefore...not Shakespearian!

The language use was actually extremely good IMO, and not at all cheesy. It was extremely mature and sophisticated and someone had obviously studied the metre very carefully. Ah well, I knew that not everyone would like it.

And old English isnt Shakepearian English by definition. There is lots of old English that is impossible to read and understand and sounds nothing like Shakespeare. Shakespeare on the other hand, isnt really difficult to understand at all, so long as you're paying attention. The same was true for FFXII. I think the tone of FFXII and the metre was very Shakespearian. The use of vocabulary too.

And dont make fun of my grammertagal insufficiantesy!

I will! Teeheheeeeheee! laugh.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Burrgle
post Jun 5 2008, 03:56 PM
Post #53

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Ahem! All games had their cheery points! But over all, the subject matter of having to fight to save the world from something that could destroy it is very depressing!

FFXII didnt make it depressing or fun! FFXII just made it boring! The intro with Reks was awesome! But then it just want so stupidly and uninterestingly unfun!

Common...the intro to FFX. I gigantic hellspawn detsroys a metropolis and you start fighting its offspring to some really cool highpaced music!!! Thats fun!

FFIX. You start off by plotting the capture of a highly respected political figure! And you put the plan in motion! That is exciting! (And there is a play! biggrin.gif)

FFVIII, you start out the game by getting hospitalized and then soon go and do a raid from the sea! Thats exciting!

FFVII....you blow shit up! Thats fun

FFVI....you start out by having your first characters torn up by some crystal! And then you team up with moggles! FUN!!!!

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
steiner
post Jun 5 2008, 06:44 PM
Post #54

It's been too long...
Group Icon

FFXII didnt make it depressing or fun! FFXII just made it boring! The intro with Reks was awesome! But then it just want so stupidly and uninterestingly unfun!

Thats just your onion.

I found it fun.

FFIX. You start off by plotting the capture of a highly respected political figure! And you put the plan in motion! That is exciting! (And there is a play! biggrin.gif)

What I meant is that FFIX is probably the FF with the most comedy. But you're right, it is serious overall, but its also hilarious. More so than any other FF IMO.

And while you're right, for most of the game it has quite a depressing tone, FFIX had lots hilarity along the way and was a happy ending. FFVII, VIII, X and XIII all had sprinklings of it as well.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Burrgle
post Jun 5 2008, 07:59 PM
Post #55

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

And FFXII had NOTHING!!! tongue.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
steiner
post Jun 5 2008, 10:04 PM
Post #56

It's been too long...
Group Icon

^Lol, I meant FFXII, not FFXIII.

The bit where Vaan steals from the Imperials was funny. As was the asking your age thing, and some kiddy stuff with Larsa and Al Cid being a pimp.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Burrgle
post Jun 5 2008, 10:14 PM
Post #57

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(steiner @ Jun 5 2008, 10:04 PM) *

^Lol, I meant FFXII, not FFXIII.

The bit where Vaan steals from the Imperials was funny. As was the asking your age thing, and some kiddy stuff with Larsa and Al Cid being a pimp.

Dude...you see AlCid twice...and his clothes were hideous. He looked so stupid! And AlCid..was a stupid name. AND YOU NEVER GET TO GO TO ROZZARIA! WORST THING EVER!!! OGEUHEPOGHPOW!!!

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
steiner
post Jun 5 2008, 10:16 PM
Post #58

It's been too long...
Group Icon

Stop whining. tongue.gif

I mean, ooooh, you never go to Bevelle properly in FFX. That didnt ruin the game then, and not going to Rozarria wasnt that bad in FFXII. Not to mention that the environments in FFXII were far huger than the ones in FFX.

I didnt really like Al-Cid that much. Dr Cid on the other hand was so awesome. Great acting, and he was entertaining.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Grivenger
post Jun 5 2008, 10:16 PM
Post #59

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 553

And FFX was far too simplistic. I mean common. Wolfs/Lizards (Tidus), Flying (Wakka), Armored (Auron/Kimari), Magic Enemies (Lulu), Machine Enemies (Rikku).

Better than: Anything (Any character that can deal damage), like it is in most of the RPGs, including FFIX. Oh, and FFX makes better use of several RPG characteristics (Status Ailments, Elements), plus, it allows character/ weapon swaping mid-battle, and even different modes to fill the overdrive gauge (in contrast with Trance that is nearly useless). FFIX's gameplay, I fear, just doesn't stands a chance.

Its in the story and character developement parts that FFIX blows FFX away in.

How exactly does FFIX's character development blows away FFX's? In FFIX, the only truly fleshed out characters were the first four: Zidane, Garnet, Vivi & Steiner. Freya was under-developed, and Amarant even more so. Eiko didn't got much neither, and Quina nothing at all. In FFX, the only character will little development is Kimahri, but considering how little screen time the Ronso had, it was still good nonetheless. But then again, Vivi's development was brilliant, so...

It's also a bit hard to compare the stories of both games, though, because they are vastly different, written by authors with completely different styles. Although I give more points to FFX's due to the fact that FFIX's story went downhill for half of the third disk (the whole "let's go after Kuja", which although not bad, not anything godly neither. It picked again once the party reached Terra, just to go downhill again with the random final boss, and finish with a nice (but nothing impressive, IMO), ending). But then again, that's just my opinion.

Hell, I can! FFX was Uematsu's weakest score IMO. It just lacked the depth of the other FFs. Sure, it had killer tunes like To Zanarkand, Otherworld, Blitzball Gambler and Seymour Battle, but Id be hard pressed to find more.

I agree it was Nobuo's weakest score. Despite some of his "killer tracks", it was Hamauzu and Nakano who have saved the OST of the game. But Hamauzu really shined the most of three, no wonder Square decided to put him in charge of the entire FFXIII's OST. =P

The suble facial expressions, brilliant cinematic direction, very well-written script, and the pure majesty and elegance of the way some plot points were handled (like Gabranth's/ Drace's second scene) make FFXII's cutscenes worth watching more than one time. If all you interpret from them is "lolol not enough action, standin and talkin and shit is boring. i want action lololol", then no wonder you don't like them, I guess?

And there's character development, maybe not enough for you, but it is there. Give me several examples of scenes with no character development, and I'll prove you wrong.

FFXII was a little too StarWars esque! I agree with Chrono....its almost like....a copy! SE is a copy cat!

Because SW was a story about saving empires, freeing the world from gods, etc, right? And FFXII was a story about an evil empire ruled by a Dark Lord, right?

Most of the similarities are superficial. Sure, Gabranth looks like Darth Vader slightly. And probably you can draw other similarities from several plot points, but overall, FFXII goes in a completely different direction.

Saying that it copies SW is childish, and shows a total lack of capacity at analyzing any narrative behind its superficial aspects.

I think you guys were just too blind to see it.

Trying too hard to hate a game tends to blind a person.

Haven't posted in awhile. =P But last time I did so, I believe I was in the same argument with the same people. xD

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Chrono
post Jun 5 2008, 10:25 PM
Post #60

Royal Member

It's still similar stories to many people, Griv'. That's why people say that. Everything is cliché. Everything looks similar; though designed differently.

--------------------
+Quote Post

5 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2018 - 03:42 PM

© Copyright 2003-2007 FFXII.Net - All Rights Reserved - Disclaimer
Final Fantasy XII, FFXII & FF12 are registered trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd.