Burrgle
post May 29 2008, 08:05 PM
Post #1

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 444

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p...amp;postcount=1

Two new characters in this release...and a brand new blonde Setsuka.

Id have to say...I really like these characters but when you look at it...they have released the following new characters:
Amy
Sharadazze (or something like that)
Another character kind of like Ashlotte that I cannot remember
Hilde
Ashlotte
Shura
Yoda/Darth Vadar (if that counts to you guys)

With the exception of the later...all girls. I am being a little sexist here...but where are the boys? hahaha SC series usually kept a good balence with that!

--------------------
IPB Image
Thank you so much Auro!!!!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
B.Valentine
post May 30 2008, 12:00 AM
Post #2

But you're so supreme!!!
Group Icon

Member No.: 2037

Youre right i wana see some guys too!!

Mmm i like the first one...shes cute X3

--------------------
IPB Image
t.a.
+Quote Post
Burrgle
post May 30 2008, 10:49 AM
Post #3

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Cute? Maybe in the sence that she looks like a doll/marionette that is about to kill you (ya know! Like Chucky!)

I really like Setsukas new outfit though! I like it more for the fact that she is blond now...it makes her look less asian! And considering that she is technically not asian...it suits her!

I am also waiting for some characters from the following places; North America, South America, Australia, and Africa! And maybe some exploration in those parts! I think SC has destroyed western europe and asia enough!

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Delusive
post May 30 2008, 09:43 PM
Post #4

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2987

I'm worried about this series turning into another "Dead or Alive."

I really hope I'm wrong. Anyway, I think I'll be getting this game. I'll probably end up getting the PS3 version (if they are equal and hopefully if the PS3 version doesn't have a mandatory install) as I prefer Darth Vader (for characters).

Now, if the 360 had Han Solo, I'd choose that one! biggrin.gif

Actually, I can't tell which characters I like more.

It'd probably be something like...

(1) TIED: Darth Vader and Han Solo
(2) Yoda (duh!)
(3) Obi-Wan
(4) Luke Skywalker
(5) Chewy

--------------------
Most Anticipated Title(s): Mass Effect and Lost Odyssey
Now Playing: Halo 3, Blue Dragon, Call of Duty 2, and Gears of War
+Quote Post
Burrgle
post May 30 2008, 10:45 PM
Post #5

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Dude...Yoda is so much cooler of a character than Darth or Han....because hes short. But why are you worried about the series turning into Dead or Alive. Ive never played those games...so I am not really informed. Probebly because of the overly skimp outfits? Or just the surplus of busty foxes?

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Delusive
post May 30 2008, 10:47 PM
Post #6

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

You actually nailed the reasons.

As for why I would choose Vader or Han over Yoda. Even though Yoda is undoubtedly awesome, Vader and Han are just those characters that make a series for me. Yoda does it too, just not to that extent.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Burrgle
post May 30 2008, 10:51 PM
Post #7

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

I tend to disagree! biggrin.gif But I do see where you are coming from with the surplus women. We need some sexy steroided men! Not all of them are that skimpy though. Hilde is very modest, Setsuka looks a little flirty...but nothing TOO dramatic. Then there is Ashura...and she just looks like shes trying too hard to show as much skin as possible. And Ashelotte...she looks pretty reserved. And Sheradazze pretty modestly dressed...just a little tight. Amy...a little sexy...but I think it works for her. And lasty...the girl I cant remember...she looks pretty good I think...nothing to skimpy. The girl I cant remember looks kinda like Ashelotte though...maybe they are the same?

But heres hoping to some boys!

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Delusive
post May 30 2008, 11:16 PM
Post #8

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

I'm a guy, don't really care to see...half-naked men...

>_<

I just hate it when games tend to only concentrate on sexual appeal over gameplay design (like DoA) - I hope SC doesn't turn into that.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Burrgle
post May 30 2008, 11:20 PM
Post #9

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

I doubt it...SC has usually delivered some very solid gameplay. I dont see why that will be ruined by a few near naked characters. And its not nessesarily half naked men. Its more just men in general...the male characters are definatly taking a blow because no male character has been introduced yet. I think that if they are going to keep making female characters...they should make an old woman!

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Delusive
post May 30 2008, 11:26 PM
Post #10

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Burrgle @ May 30 2008, 11:20 PM) *

I doubt it...SC has usually delivered some very solid gameplay. I dont see why that will be ruined by a few near naked characters.

I didn't say it would - it was more just a worry that there's a slight possibility it could happen.

And like you said, the male characters tend to be taking a blow to the near-nakedness of the women characters.

Anyway, I was merely commenting on a worry than actually saying it would happen.

I would like to see some more guy fighters as well - maybe not for the reason you would like to see them, not sure. I just want more gruff heroes that don't know when to give up and always fight to the end! cool.gif

That was lame... bad.gif

About SC's gameplay: I do find it incredibly deep - I loved SCII's gameplay. Haven't played the orginal or SCIII, though.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Burrgle
post May 30 2008, 11:39 PM
Post #11

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Well the orginal was Soul Edge..not many have played that one. But SCI and III were very good! I dont remember much about SCI because it was awhile since I have played that...and my dreamcast is now broken....terrible. I miss my dear dreamcast...best system eva!

SCIII was really good. It just has so much you can do. I wish some of the bits were a little bit more devloped. Ex: team vs battle, better 1 player mode, more create a character stuff (even though there was A LOT). And the characters lacked a bit of...character if that makes sense.

But yea...more males! Gruff heros...maybe not. Maybe a homosexual! That would be funny! But I am not sure where else they can go with male characters (personality wise). We already have a few gruff heros, we have a few evils guys, we have a rich guy (Rapheal I think), we have the peaceful martial artists (Kilik, Maxi), we have a thief (yueng Seung), and then we have Voldo.

I think we need a mysterious guy character who fades in and out of night being a gerenal trickster, a homosexual who wants the soulcalibur...for his own grace and beauty, and a farmer....or something biggrin.gif

Oh! We also need a black girl to compliment Zasalamels already fine and potent blackness!

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
fat_moogle
post May 31 2008, 12:11 AM
Post #12

:DD:
Group Icon

Member No.: 1626

I THINK (not too sure) that I played one of the games in the Soul Calibur series ages ago, but I can't remember which one it was. All I know that if I did it was a long time ago. Anyway, from what I have seen of Soul Calibur IV it looks really good. I will definately be getting it when it comes out this Summer. Give me a break from Tekken 5 Online!

--------------------
IPB Image

<3 Married to the amazingly awesome, perfect, and beautiful PG & LL <3
+Quote Post
Burrgle
post May 31 2008, 01:47 PM
Post #13

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Uch Tekken...I dont understand why people like that game so much. The fighting in the game is so choppy and unfluid. Soul Calibur is much faster! And there are pretty weapons!!!

Hrm! I thought this thread would be a little more hoppin than this. Booo...

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
fat_moogle
post Jun 2 2008, 09:56 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

To be honest, Tekken is the only fighting game I have ever owned (apart from Streets of Rage on Megadrive tongue.gif ) and I do like it, but like you say it can be choppy at times. Like at the moment I am borrowing Virtua Fighter 5 off someone, and when you play that and then return to Tekken...I don't know, it feels kind of blocky. I'll still be getting Tekken 6 though xD

Anyway, back to Soul Calibur. How easy / difficult is it to get into? The gameplay looks really fast and me being new to the series will get slaughtered! There better be a practise mode!

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Snake
post Jun 3 2008, 12:34 AM
Post #15

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 955

I edited the title, since it was ugly with all caps.

Looks good. It will sell very well.
+Quote Post
Burrgle
post Jun 3 2008, 06:30 PM
Post #16

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Snake...if I edit it back...will I get in trouble. Something like new SCIV characters deserves some attention!

But the learning curve is pretty easy. You catch on really fast. Its really easy to get a basic handle on it. Some characters can really rip you up because the developers kinda accidentaly over power some of them. There is a practice mode...but its not that great. In earlier games...they usually had a tutorial at the begining of a mission conquest that teaches you all of the moves. The third one did not have this. I hope that they fourth one does.

I never played Virtua Fighter. But SC games are so smooth and fluid. They just flow right into other attacks. Of course slower characters like Astroth or Nightmare will take a bit longer to transition moves. And its not as easy as just button mashing. You do have to learn some moves a little, but they are very easy to learn and not random button combonations (like Tekken or Mortal Kombat). And there is somewhat of a theroy to it.

There is vertical attack button, horozontal attack button, kick button, and guard button (just the four basic ones). And depending on what button you hit and which direction you are moving (or not moving) you will preform a different move that relates to that button. Then there are moves where you hold some buttons together and it usually incooprorates them together sensible. EX: if you hit a kick button and a horizontal button, you will do some sort of horizontal slice kick combo thinger, just a simple example.

IMO...best fighting game in the world. smile.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
fat_moogle
post Jun 5 2008, 06:38 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

Wow...you've sold me. I'll definately be picking up a copy for PS3 this summer now to test it out...I'll most likely have to trade some games in for it, because I'm meant to be saving money over the next couple of months...damn the ridiculous prices of car insurance.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Burrgle
post Jun 5 2008, 08:04 PM
Post #18

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

I would say save your money! Even though its a video game...dont sell out the old ones that you may still like to play! Work out your real issues first...and then buy the video game. By then it will be cheaper. As much as I want to buy that PS3MGS4 pack. I probebly wont be able to because I will nearly be broke in August. Then I will have to get a job if my internship doesnt work out. And if my internship does work out. Ill be even more broke. Hahahha! We all have our REAL issues...you really should work on those before you buy videogame stuff. And besides. If you are constantly behind on video games...you will always get them at a lower price. tongue.gif

I stopped buying stuff a lot...and now when I look at all of the stuff that I didnt buy a year or so ago. Its like...hrm....its 15 dollars now. (vs. the 50 dollars it was at release)

EDIT! And I did not notice this before! Ashura actually has four swords. If you look at her sides, you see four sheaths! I cant wait to see what the two other swords with doo!!!!!!

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Burrgle
post Jun 7 2008, 07:26 PM
Post #19

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Sorry for the double post, but its important!

http://boards.ign.com/soulcalibur/b5260/164534839/p1/?9 New character! No name yet. He is at the bottom. And they are also introducing a new starwars charcater that will be incorporated into both consols. WTF?!

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
fat_moogle
post Jun 7 2008, 07:41 PM
Post #20

Group Icon

What's with all the Star Wars stuff in SCIV? The apprentice seems like a pretty pointless addition.

Oh, and here's a link to the newly launched SCIV website:

What's within your soul?

Darkness, darkneeesssssssss! biggrin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th July 2018 - 07:35 AM

Copyright 2003-2007 FFXII.Net - All Rights Reserved - Disclaimer
Final Fantasy XII, FFXII & FF12 are registered trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd.