> Disappointing albums
NervPoison
post Jun 6 2008, 11:31 AM
Post #1

Il Grande Simoni
Group Icon

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 924

Even your favourite artists can release an album that doesn't live up to your expectations. Can you think of any albums you have (or have heard at least) that fit that description? They don't have to be recent.

To me, it were:
* Counting Crows: Hard Candy
The songs weren't bad, but I can't remember any of them. When they were over, they were gone. Not a good sign. They could've inserted some...catchy-ness imo.
* Muse: Showbizz
Again, not bad at all, but this debut album doesn't have the awesomeness of their later works yet.

Still, both are good albums to chill out on.

--------------------
IPB Image
Thanks to andrzej for the signature!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Burrgle
post Jun 6 2008, 02:35 PM
Post #2

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 444

The Journey Albums. The ones with Lights and Dont Stop Believin (two separate albums. I really liked a few of their songs and expected a hell of a lot more out of them..I was really disapointed.

And the Elliot Yamin album, Movin On. I really liked one of the songs. I expected all of them to be great....not so much.

A lot of random albums piss me off, the more recent ones. There is no amazing albums anymore. Like...Pieces of You, or Melissa Etheridges awesome album, I forgot the title. Aqualungs one album was great...and the Blue Merle album, Burning in the Sun was amazing....you dont get that a lot anymore!

--------------------
IPB Image
Thank you so much Auro!!!!
+Quote Post
Dark Yuna
post Jun 6 2008, 02:51 PM
Post #3

Browncoat
Group Icon

Member No.: 2258

Muse: Showbizz
Again, not bad at all, but this debut album doesn't have the awesomeness of their later works yet.

Agreed. Absolution and Origin of Symmetry were both better albums.

Infinity On High by Fall Out Boy: There was a lot of hype about the new FOB album, but I personally thought it was rubbish.

City of Evil by Avenged Sevenfold: I only like one song out of the entire album (Beast and the Harlot). The rest just don't appeal to me.

As Daylight Dies by Killswitch Engage: Overall it's not bad, but it could have been a lot better. More songs like My Curse would make it more appealing to me.

--------------------
IPB Image

Married to Kira Lee and fierytempest

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st January 2018 - 08:07 PM

Copyright 2003-2007 FFXII.Net - All Rights Reserved - Disclaimer
Final Fantasy XII, FFXII & FF12 are registered trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd.