> When!?
Burrgle
post Jun 6 2008, 04:21 PM
Post #1

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 444

It has been months since we have gotten new info! Does anybody know when new stuff is expected?

--------------------
IPB Image
Thank you so much Auro!!!!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
N2Y
post Jun 6 2008, 04:54 PM
Post #2

Wiiii Love PS3... and Jessica Alba! And Penelope Cruz!
Group Icon

Member No.: 734

I bet you're aiming at FFXIII and vsXIII.

No one knows, honestly.

You can expect something on this year's E3, though a released trailer will take a few months before released to the public (SE is a b*tch now, so we cant get to see anything during E3 Live stuff, as it is all behind the Closed Doors)

Pictures most of the times right before or right after E3.

But who wants pictures if they can get movies with music in the background.

I hate S-E...

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
fat_moogle
post Jun 6 2008, 05:12 PM
Post #3

:DD:
Group Icon

Member No.: 1626

QUOTE(N2Y @ Jun 6 2008, 05:54 PM) *

You can expect something on this year's E3

I want more than "something"...gameplay footage would be nice. I'm fed up with all the CG stuff, I just want to see that the game is actually coming along...

--------------------
IPB Image

<3 Married to the amazingly awesome, perfect, and beautiful PG & LL <3
+Quote Post
Burrgle
post Jun 6 2008, 05:28 PM
Post #4

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Exactly. Why are SE being so weird about this game? I feel like they must not be makig any progress. I remember we were supposed to get some footate late spring. Nothing....

Are they keeping it under wraps so that we are blown away by what we see when it comes release time? Or are they just not doing any progress? Who knows? I remember getting a lot more info on FFXII by this time. I also remember there not being such a damn long transition between FF games. They need to lay off of the random spin offs for extra cash and try and actaully produce something in the main line. I was hoping that by the end of the whole FFVII fiasco that they would be gettin more work done. Are they multitasking any other projects now?

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
NervPoison
post Jun 6 2008, 06:55 PM
Post #5

Il Grande Simoni
Group Icon

Member No.: 924

2008 was gonna be the year of FF(vs)XIII info.
The year's half way through and we've seen shit so far. They had better make up for this in the second half.

--------------------
IPB Image
Thanks to andrzej for the signature!
+Quote Post
LoneWolf
post Jun 7 2008, 03:53 AM
Post #6

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 828

^Yeah, I've been thinking about that too. They said that this was a big year for FFXIII and we've had exactly nothing in more than five months.

Apparently they're doing it so they can release heaps of footage just before release and get everyone excited. I personally think they're still doing a horrible job. People are deciding which console they'll buy and SE have zero hype going for FFXIII. Two trailers in two years?! Ergh...

I'm not expecting anything at E3, or TGS, or anything else. I was expecting something at the first ten events, hoping for something at the ten after that, and since then I've just given up.

--------------------
IPB Image
Signiture made by Charlie (different forum, 2002)
+Quote Post
Burrgle
post Jun 7 2008, 12:29 PM
Post #7

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

^^
Agreed. It is a bad move on thier part. Because this game is a big factor for a lots of people if they want to shell out money for a PS3. Because there are a lot of good games for 360 too that are exclusive. Not to say that there are not good PS3 games. But most of the games set for PS3 exclusive have crossed over...or will cross over. And the exclusive ones are few. Maybe I will just wait until the game comes out to make my decision because I dont think it will for another....5 years. I think thats a good time to predict, if anything...thats short. It took them 5 years to get FFXII. And now they are double tasking two games....so if they are on the ball they will get it done in 5. But if SE acts like always....itll be more like 10 years -shrug-

But yea...I remember hearing something about this being the year of FFXIII. I guess if they are not showing anything....they simply cannot work to the expectations that they are required. SE team is gettin laaaaayzeeeee.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
LoneWolf
post Jun 7 2008, 04:41 PM
Post #8

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

^They're not getting lazy, RPGs like XII and XIII take a long time to make. FFXII was delayed by two years because the original director quit. Different teams are working on Versus and XIII, so that's not an issue. 5 years is a bit much considering they've been working on it for 3 already. wink.gif

My bet is for a worldwide 2009 release, and I would put money on that. But by worldwide they'll mean Japan and the US. Europe, Australia, New Zealand and probably Canada will get it a couple of seasons later.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Burrgle
post Jun 7 2008, 07:22 PM
Post #9

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Well...like you said....this was supposed to be the year for this game...and nothing has come out. What do you think is the hold?

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
fat_moogle
post Jun 7 2008, 07:52 PM
Post #10

:DD:
Group Icon

Member No.: 1626

QUOTE(Burrgle @ Jun 7 2008, 08:22 PM) *

What do you think is the hold?

The Last Remnant, perhaps...??

--------------------
IPB Image

<3 Married to the amazingly awesome, perfect, and beautiful PG & LL <3
+Quote Post
Burrgle
post Jun 7 2008, 07:59 PM
Post #11

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

No news on that game since the first trailer. Not even a release. They are working slow on a lot of titles. And I feel it would be better if they worked on one or two hardcore! And then they had smaller teams laying out and planning work for the other games as well as doing some sort of prework. I dunno how things work...but...its taking too long. I remember somebody put a time line of FFs up. I forgot who it was and where it is. But SE used to crank an FF nearly every year and a half (aprx). What happend to that? they sold well when they were doing that....so why not now

But I hvae to admit...I am looking forward to news on that game (as well as infinite undiscovery)

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
LoneWolf
post Jun 7 2008, 10:25 PM
Post #12

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

^I posted that graph, its on the Wikipedia Final Fantasy article. smile.gif SE made an FF almost every year right up until FFXII. FFXII was delayed because of the director. FFXIII is only one year or so behind the average. You have to remember that games take longer to make these days, and the sort of thing SE has been doing lately takes a long time.

I don't think anything's gone wrong, I just think SE love not releasing anything. By saying "This is the year for FFXIII" they probably meant "You'll get THREE pictures!".

I don't think Infinite Undiscovery or The Last Remnant are affecting FFXIII's development at all. The only clash we know of is Versus and Kingdom Hearts.

I'm not hyped for IU or LR. IU looks like the most cliche game of all time (from the last trailer) and LR's "worldwide" release date pisses me off to much (worldwide with 2 countries...). Plus, Square games that aren't FF and KH tend to suck. Or is the Enix side developing them?

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Burrgle
post Jun 7 2008, 11:45 PM
Post #13

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

I have no idea about which side of the company is developing what. But all I know is...that I had a dream about that demon that shows up in the LR trailer with the black dude that takes that guys sis!! And I am excited for it! biggrin.gif

Eh...I should stop being such an addict and get a life >.>

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Holly
post Jun 10 2008, 09:03 PM
Post #14

Holy Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1397

QUOTE(LoneWolf @ Jun 7 2008, 04:41 PM) *

My bet is for a worldwide 2009 release, and I would put money on that. But by worldwide they'll mean Japan and the US. Europe, Australia, New Zealand and probably Canada will get it a couple of seasons later.

The way things are looking I would not put my money on a worldwide 2009 release. I'm thinking Q4 2009 for Japan, Q2 2010 release for USA. I don't even want to say my prediction for the Europeans because that will just depress them.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2018 - 10:43 PM

Copyright 2003-2007 FFXII.Net - All Rights Reserved - Disclaimer
Final Fantasy XII, FFXII & FF12 are registered trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd.