LoneWolf
post Jun 10 2008, 01:59 PM
Post #1

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 828

Can't be bothered with links, sorry.

Star Ocean 4 : The Last Hope is confirmed for the Xbox 360. Developer said it "might" go multiplatform. Fanbase = dead.

The Last Remnant is confirmed as a timed exclusive for the Xbox 360.

Infinite Undiscovery is confirmed as an exclusive for Xbox 360.

My inner Sony fanboy is screaming its lungs out. Square Enix obviously aren't doing this just to be nice, you don't make timed exclusives for no reason. Microsoft is paying SE to "improve" their situation in a continent they've already lost. Star Ocean's fanbase has been destroyed, Infinite Undiscovery is going to sell like shit and we all know it, and all will suffer from the lack of disc space and HDD limitations etc.

I don't mind Square Enix games (apart from the main FF series, KH and DQ) being released at the same time on both consoles, but timed or complete 360 exclusives is stupid. Fucking Microsoft. mad.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
Signiture made by Charlie (different forum, 2002)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
N2Y
post Jun 10 2008, 03:18 PM
Post #2

Wiiii Love PS3... and Jessica Alba! And Penelope Cruz!
Group Icon

Member No.: 734

Fucking Microsoft.

Fucking Sony.

May sound weird coming from me, but I have had enough of Sony and their complete lack of interest in new games, exclusive games, games on the PS3 and more importantly RPGs.

Everytime we hear about an RPG these days, it's either exclusive for XBOX360, timed exclusive for XBOX360 or for Wii (which is always exclusive).

Never do you hear about "the LATEST addition to the RPG collection of Playstation!"

I see why you're mad at MS, but this is basically Sony's fault. They put all their time and money in their first party games (which is good, they have very good first party devs) and seem to have little to no interest in the third parties.

I'm not surprised if we get to hear soon that FFXIII and vsXIII are going multiplatform, followed by it coming to 360 first (Fatal Inertia anyone?) and in the end not coming at all on the PS3.

Sony and Square-Enix are so transparent. You can predict the future without even having to think hard.

Both PS3 and PSP have no real list of games in the future to catch our attention. The games they do have (only PS3) are not in the spot lights. I name you FFXIII and vsXIII especially.

Wanna bet they're gonna show SOME new stuff behind closed doors this E3? Or nothin at all?

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
LoneWolf
post Jun 10 2008, 04:21 PM
Post #3

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Buying out companies is what Microsoft does, they have more than enough money. Sony can't contend with it, and I think its likely they've been trying. This is Microsoft's fault, not Sony's.

I'm not happy with Square Enix either though. The games are going to sell horribly in Japan and averagely in the rest of the world. The only people who are happy are Xbots and people with both consoles. And Microsoft. mad.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
(Phoenix)
post Jun 10 2008, 06:02 PM
Post #4

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1889

While I don't see FFXIII (or versus for that matter) going multiplatform it's obvious devlopers are looking more to the Xbox360 now rather than the PS3.

It's kinda worrying to see how far the PS3 is sinking, Microsoft needs competition otherwise whats going to stop the from just re-realing the same console with slightly better capabilities over and over?
+Quote Post
Snake
post Jun 10 2008, 09:08 PM
Post #5

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 955

Microsoft can have these RPGs, it doesn't really matter to me. I don't really care. It's just that they are forgetting the PS3 altogether somewhat. They didn't even try to release a better than average RPG on the PS3. So, how would they know it wouldn't sell well on the console? I mean, more people have PS3s than 360s in Japan. It's like they are leaning more toward the Americans than the Japanese. What they need to learn though is that most Americans will just buy FPS games in droves. They shouldn't expect Gears of War sells for something like The Last Remnant or something. Over and out.
+Quote Post
Burrgle
post Jun 10 2008, 10:01 PM
Post #6

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 444

I think it is everyones fault about this. If Sony really wanted games for their systems...they would pay the dollar for it. And all Xbox is doing is just taking all of the games to make itself a better profit. Not bad.....its a good move on Microsofts part. Just a little seflish

As for SO4....I am looking foward to it tongue.gif
And the other two...I thought that those were going both multiplatform? I guess I am mistaken.

You know...I have been thinking about this....and the Xbox seems so much better. More game variety.....and not as expensive.

--------------------
IPB Image
Thank you so much Auro!!!!
+Quote Post
fat_moogle
post Jun 10 2008, 11:06 PM
Post #7

:DD:
Group Icon

Member No.: 1626

I really like my PS3, but all I find myself doing at the moment is waiting. I mean, god knows when FFXIII / vs.XIII will launch. And now The Last Remnant is releasing worldwide on 360 first? I've really been looking forward to this game...

If things don't change then I may find myself actually having to buy a 360:

-Lost Odyssey (played it the other day and I was like shok.gif )

- Eternal Sonata (releasing on PS3 in Japan but there are "no plans" for other regions.)

-Infinate Undiscovery (don't know much, but looks interesting)

-The Last Remnant (not exclusive, but out this year)

--------------------
IPB Image

<3 Married to the amazingly awesome, perfect, and beautiful PG & LL <3
+Quote Post
Burrgle
post Jun 10 2008, 11:08 PM
Post #8

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

What do you mean by your comment on Lost Oddesyee?

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
fat_moogle
post Jun 10 2008, 11:12 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

shok.gif as in amazing! I would consider buying a 360 soley for that game.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Burrgle
post Jun 10 2008, 11:17 PM
Post #10

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

It looked really cool...but from what I saw...the characters were very identical in move sets....

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
fat_moogle
post Jun 10 2008, 11:27 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

QUOTE(Burrgle @ Jun 11 2008, 12:17 AM) *

It looked really cool...but from what I saw...the characters were very identical in move sets....

Hmm, I didn't get to play the game for that long, so I couldn't really say I noticed that. To be honest I think I just need an RPG fix. Tired of waiting for White Knight Chronicles!

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Burrgle
post Jun 10 2008, 11:29 PM
Post #12

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Watch some of the youtube battles....a lot of the characters ues and have a lot of the same spells.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Delusive
post Jun 10 2008, 11:35 PM
Post #13

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2987

Actually, it used to be Harrison's physiology to, for some reason, abstain from buying exclusives. Now that Harrison is gone, Kaz Harai has "promised" to look into the concept of buying exclusives.

As far as this whole thing is concerned - the fault lies with Sony. In the business world, it's beat or be beaten - no one is nice and just lets you keep everything you once had unless you fight for it. I think this is in part to Sony gaining some arrogance over dominating the last two generations.

And I'm now more a Sony fanboy than ever before, but Microsoft is totally right in this. Sony CAN compete in buying out exclusives, it's just that they AREN'T.

The only THIRD PARTY exclusives they care about is MGS and FF (and I think they'll care about Little Big Planet too). You bet that if it was as simple as Microsoft having more money than Sony, then I guess it'd be a sure easy way to just buy out MGS and FF and put it on the 360. It's definitely more complicated than that - Sony WANTS and, in some ways, NEEDS those games.

If Sony was smart, they'd do what they did with LBP - they raced to the finish for LBP and I believe both Microsoft and (definitely) Nintendo wanted that one.

As far as Star Ocean is concerned, Tri-Ace seems to like Microsoft's Xbox 360 for some reason. I believe all their next gen games have been on the 360 first, been exclusive in some way, or at least appeared on it alongside its PS3 counterpart.

QUOTE(Burrgle @ Jun 10 2008, 11:29 PM) *

Watch some of the youtube battles....a lot of the characters ues and have a lot of the same spells.

As far as I remember, the mortal characters each have unique attacks, abilities, and spells. The Immortals STRIVE on learning the mortal's unique attacks, abilities, and spells. It's just the way the game works. It wasn't because there was lack of imagination, it's actually a fun concept to have your Immortal become the ultimate beast of awesome when he learns the attacks YOU want him to.

--------------------
Most Anticipated Title(s): Mass Effect and Lost Odyssey
Now Playing: Halo 3, Blue Dragon, Call of Duty 2, and Gears of War
+Quote Post
fat_moogle
post Jun 10 2008, 11:36 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

Hmm, I'll have to go and have a look.

Oh, there was one annoying thing about LO though: The dreams. You have to go through about 20 pages of text! (that was just one...lol)

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Delusive
post Jun 10 2008, 11:39 PM
Post #15

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(fat_moogle @ Jun 10 2008, 11:36 PM) *

Oh, there was one annoying thing about LO though: The dreams. You have to go through about 20 pages of text! (that was just one...lol)

Heh. My favorite part of the game. You're missing out on A LOT if you don't read the dreams.

--------------------
+Quote Post
fat_moogle
post Jun 10 2008, 11:43 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

QUOTE(Delusive @ Jun 11 2008, 12:39 AM) *

QUOTE(fat_moogle @ Jun 10 2008, 11:36 PM) *

Heh. My favorite part of the game. You're missing out on A LOT if you don't read the dreams.

My friend skipped it. Of course if I did buy the game I wouldn't do that, I'd read through it all. I don't want to miss anything, and it was quite interesting. And emotional...I was nearly in tears.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Delusive
post Jun 11 2008, 01:01 AM
Post #17

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(fat_moogle @ Jun 10 2008, 11:43 PM) *

My friend skipped it. Of course if I did buy the game I wouldn't do that, I'd read through it all. I don't want to miss anything, and it was quite interesting. And emotional...I was nearly in tears.

Kiyoshi Shigematsu (the author of the dreams) is now one of my favorite authors and I now understand why he's one of Japan's favorites as well. If it had been any other author, I don't think the dreams would have been a good addition to the game but Shigematsu's way of writing really helps flesh out the story-line, give Kaim and the rest of the characters much personality, and really just make you emotionally attached to any and all of Lost Odyssey.

I would almost just buy a game with his stories. Granted, SOMETIMES when his stories pop up, I'm in the middle of gameplay and I kind of want to keep on playing. I just know that I'm in for a treat, however, and I have never been disappointed with any of his stories.

--------------------
+Quote Post
joesmith123
post Jun 11 2008, 02:04 AM
Post #18

Cor Blimey!
Group Icon

Member No.: 866

Buying out companies is what Microsoft does, they have more than enough money. Sony can't contend with it, and I think its likely they've been trying.

You act as if Sony isn't the same multinational mega corporation that Microsoft is. Sony has plenty of money, don't be mad just because they are being out maneuvered right now. Sony out maneuvered Nintendo in the past and now it's happening to them a bit. What they need to do as N2Y previously stated is get some exclusive games released that are worth a damn. It's bee a while since I've heard anything about a PS3 exclusive except for MGS4 and after MGS4 it will be a while before we hear about another.

Fanboys need to look at things more rationally. SE is a company and when one company offers them a chance to make more money they will jump at the chance, just like they did when they switched to the PS1.

--------------------
IPB Image

Thanks again to Snake for another great sig. As always his work on my behalf is greatly appreciated.
+Quote Post
LoneWolf
post Jun 11 2008, 02:09 AM
Post #19

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

^MGS4 isn't the only PS3 Sony is going on about, I mean come on, where did you get that from?

Resistance 2, Littlebigplanet, Killzone 2, God of War 3 and Gran Turismo 5 are all being massively hyped and are all in the spotlight (possible exception of GOW3).

Square's jump to the the PS1 was a no-brainer, they had to if they wanted to make FF7. These are smaller games that rely on the bigger fanbase for sales.

While I don't see FFXIII (or versus for that matter) going multiplatform it's obvious devlopers are looking more to the Xbox360 now rather than the PS3.

It's kinda worrying to see how far the PS3 is sinking, Microsoft needs competition otherwise whats going to stop the from just re-realing the same console with slightly better capabilities over and over?

You've been out of it for a while huh? The PS3 is on the way up, not down. The next two years are generally accepted to be "Sony's" and many analysts are predicting the fall of the Xbox 360. That's not to mention the sales or the exclusives they have in the next two years.

It makes what SE is doing much more suprising.

You know...I have been thinking about this....and the Xbox seems so much better. More game variety.....and not as expensive.

I love the Xbox 360, but variety is one thing it seriously lacks. Its got a thousand awesome shooters, but the AAA exclusives in other genres are near non-existant. Try and name a couple, it's hard. The console does have plenty of B-grade JRPGs, but they personally don't count for squat to me.

I really like my PS3, but all I find myself doing at the moment is waiting. I mean, god knows when FFXIII / vs.XIII will launch. And now The Last Remnant is releasing worldwide on 360 first? I've really been looking forward to this game...

If things don't change then I may find myself actually having to buy a 360:

-Lost Odyssey (played it the other day and I was like )

- Eternal Sonata (releasing on PS3 in Japan but there are "no plans" for other regions.)

-Infinate Undiscovery (don't know much, but looks interesting)

-The Last Remnant (not exclusive, but out this year)

You'd be sacrificing FFXIII, Versus and probably KH3 if you did that.

Lost Odyssey's storyline is horrible. It might look and sound amazing, but its empty. The characters are interesting and the short stories are brilliant, but almost every other thing involving the story is amateur and boring. If you play RPGs for stories, don't get LO. The turn-based battle system's good though, its my favourite JRPG battle system apart from FF12.

While I don't want to be too negative, Square Enix rarely (if ever) make good games outside their core franchises. Don't get your hopes up around The Last Remnant and especially not Infinite Undiscovery.

They're by far the best part of the game. I was... content with my purchase just because of those stories.

@Delusive- Microsoft. Is. Evil. I don't care if they're "only doing what they need to make as much money as possible" and that every company apparently thinks the same (and have the same complete disregard for human feelings), they're still the most evil and sadistic company on Earth.

And I don't agree with the logic that "Every one else is being evil, so if you're not being evil, it's your fault all this shit is happening."

As far as Star Ocean is concerned, Tri-Ace seems to like Microsoft's Xbox 360 for some reason. I believe all their next gen games have been on the 360 first, been exclusive in some way, or at least appeared on it alongside its PS3 counterpart.

Probably because Microsoft is paying them more than what they get for their games. Star Ocean and other JRPGs of similar standards rely on the JRPG fanbase to buy them, because no one else will. The JRPG fanbase tends to follow Final Fantasy. We already know Infinite Undiscovery and Star Ocean 4 (if its a 360 exclusive) will fail in Japan. I wouldn't be suprised if its the same everywhere else.

Tri-Ace are idiots as far as I can be concerned.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
joesmith123
post Jun 11 2008, 02:22 AM
Post #20

Cor Blimey!
Group Icon

Member No.: 866

I just watched the Star Ocean trailer and one thing bothered me. If the characters that you are playing are from Earth in the future after a devastating 3rd World War where nukes destroyed Earth, then why does the main character have a huge sword? I mean did humans in the future forget how to make firearms?

--------------------
IPB Image

Thanks again to Snake for another great sig. As always his work on my behalf is greatly appreciated.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st July 2018 - 05:28 AM

Copyright 2003-2007 FFXII.Net - All Rights Reserved - Disclaimer
Final Fantasy XII, FFXII & FF12 are registered trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd.