> SE RPGs <3 ... Microsoft
LoneWolf
post Jun 11 2008, 02:25 AM
Post #21

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 828

Unless its explained in one of the first two games, I think its just because its an RPG. SO3 had most of the characters using swords, knives, hammers or their fists.

That trailer was partly a summary of the backstory of SO. Probably because they realise the fanbase isn't going to follow them...

--------------------
IPB Image
Signiture made by Charlie (different forum, 2002)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Burrgle
post Jun 11 2008, 02:29 AM
Post #22

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 444

Well...swords just look a lot more impressive and fun! biggrin.gif

And as for the person that said that games outside of the FF franchise are always bad....ahem....Chrono Cross...

--------------------
IPB Image
Thank you so much Auro!!!!
+Quote Post
LoneWolf
post Jun 11 2008, 02:35 AM
Post #23

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

I said core franchises, obviously KH and DQ are good as well. Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross and Vagrant Story are good exceptions. They had a brilliant creative staff though.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Stealth
post Jun 11 2008, 02:49 AM
Post #24

A Patriot

Group: Members
Member No.: 60

QUOTE(LoneWolf @ Jun 10 2008, 08:35 PM) *
I said core franchises, obviously KH and DQ are good as well. Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross and Vagrant Story are good exceptions. They had a brilliant creative staff though.

So a core franchise is anything that's not new? Way to push for innovation there.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Delusive
post Jun 11 2008, 03:16 AM
Post #25

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2987

QUOTE(LoneWolf @ Jun 11 2008, 02:09 AM) *

^MGS4 isn't the only PS3 Sony is going on about, I mean come on, where did you get that from?

First of all, I mentioned those two (FF and MGS) as far as THIRD PARTY is concerned. Those two are really the only ones that Sony cares about (Insomniac has always been with Sony, they are not going anywhere, same with Jaffe) whose companies could go multi-plat. I think there was a recent interview with Kojima that said he'd think of multi-platform (I'm not sure if he was referring to MGS4 or just future MG titles or something else entirely) but he feels that there are only things that could be done on PS3.

As for your hatred of Microsoft. I have to wonder how you acquired it. Microsoft is a business, a business is out to get money - Sony is exactly the same as Microsoft, same with Nintendo. Granted, I think I like Sony a little more than Microsoft right now but in the end, I understand business. All is fair game. In this case, Microsoft is not in the wrong. In the case of 360 failure, that's a shady business practice that needs to be stopped and Microsoft is completely in the wrong with that.

--------------------
Most Anticipated Title(s): Mass Effect and Lost Odyssey
Now Playing: Halo 3, Blue Dragon, Call of Duty 2, and Gears of War
+Quote Post
LoneWolf
post Jun 11 2008, 03:30 AM
Post #26

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

^Public perception of a company is important. Many companies are therefore "kind" to their customers. If Microsoft has ever considered created a good company image, they have failed miserably at it. I understand companies going for money, but what Microsoft does is far and beyond what other companies do. For example, you can only attach Microsoft HDDs to the 360.

So a core franchise is anything that's not new? Way to push for innovation there.

If a core franchise is anything that isn't new then why didn't I mention Valkyrie or Drakengard?

Their core franchises are their main focuses. The best teams are put onto FF and KH, not The Last Remnant and Infinite Undiscovery.

First of all, I mentioned those two (FF and MGS) as far as THIRD PARTY is concerned.

My comment was directed at joesmith, not you. He said MGS4 was the only PS3 exclusive he had heard about for a long time, and the only one we're likely to hear about for a while longer. I therefore mentioned Resistance 2, Littlebigplanet, Gran Turismo 5 etc.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Delusive
post Jun 11 2008, 03:31 AM
Post #27

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(LoneWolf @ Jun 11 2008, 03:30 AM) *

My comment was directed at joesmith, not you. He said MGS4 was the only PS3 exclusive he had heard about for a long time, and the only one we're likely to hear about for a while longer. I therefore mentioned Resistance 2, Littlebigplanet, Gran Turismo 5 etc.

I just figured that out as you were posting. I figured I would go on and let you post it since I knew that you wouldn't catch my stealth edit.

Anyway, I understand where you are coming from with Microsoft wanting the most money possible, while not caring about their customers. While we are going to disagree on MEGA-companies caring about ANY of their customers - I'm just saying that what you are talking about now (buying exclusives) is NOT "evil." It's business. Pure and simple. Sony has the same chance to get these exclusives, they are just not taking it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
LoneWolf
post Jun 11 2008, 03:33 AM
Post #28

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

^Yeah, I would have missed it. I actually expected you to realise before I posted. XD

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Delusive
post Jun 11 2008, 03:34 AM
Post #29

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(LoneWolf @ Jun 11 2008, 03:33 AM) *

^Yeah, I would have missed it. I actually expected you to realise before I posted. XD

Well, I realized AS you were posting...That's good enough, right? RIGHT?!

--------------------
+Quote Post
LoneWolf
post Jun 11 2008, 03:42 AM
Post #30

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Kind of.

Anyway, I'm sticking with my philosphy on the last page. The logic that it's your fault for what's wrong when everyone is being evil except you is incorrect.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
joesmith123
post Jun 11 2008, 11:04 AM
Post #31

Cor Blimey!
Group Icon

Member No.: 866

Just because it's an RPG doesn't account for a futuristic game based in Earth having its protagonists use space ships and swords. I mean how did we remember to have the technology for space ships yet forget about gun powder. Doesn't make sense to me.

--------------------
IPB Image

Thanks again to Snake for another great sig. As always his work on my behalf is greatly appreciated.
+Quote Post
Sabin
post Jun 11 2008, 12:42 PM
Post #32

Viking
Group Icon

Member No.: 1334

Star Ocean 4 : The Last Hope is confirmed for the Xbox 360. Developer said it "might" go multiplatform. Fanbase = dead.

The Last Remnant is confirmed as a timed exclusive for the Xbox 360.

Infinite Undiscovery is confirmed as an exclusive for Xbox 360.

I'm interested in all tree games.

And, let us not forget about Tales of Vesperia and Fable 2.

I can't blame Microsoft. Everyone complains that the 360 only have shooter games, well now they are about to change that.

I'm not angry at neither Sony nor M'soft. It's all about business really.
The one willing to invest will also most probably profit in the future.

--------------------
Final Fantasy XIII, a PS3 and 360 exclusive.
+Quote Post
(Phoenix)
post Jun 11 2008, 05:09 PM
Post #33

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1889

QUOTE(LoneWolf @ Jun 11 2008, 03:09 AM) *

While I don't see FFXIII (or versus for that matter) going multiplatform it's obvious devlopers are looking more to the Xbox360 now rather than the PS3.

It's kinda worrying to see how far the PS3 is sinking, Microsoft needs competition otherwise whats going to stop the from just re-realing the same console with slightly better capabilities over and over?

You've been out of it for a while huh? The PS3 is on the way up, not down. The next two years are generally accepted to be "Sony's" and many analysts are predicting the fall of the Xbox 360. That's not to mention the sales or the exclusives they have in the next two years.

It makes what SE is doing much more suprising.

Sure thats what analysts are claiming, but I don't see anything at all to hint at M$'s downfall this generation. Are you trying to tell me that MGS4, FF13, Killzone, Resistance and LBP are going to bring the PS3 back into the running? 5 games? Thats all Sony really have at the moment, and for all we know these games could just end up like Haze or Lair, massive dissapointments.

Granted M$'s lineup atm isnt exactly overwhelming, but the 360's fanbase, especially in the semi-hardcore market is already huge comepared to the PS3's, and I don't see that going anywhere.

Sure, the PS3 is slowly going upwards, but not anywhere near quick enough IMO. Overall it's failing this generation if you ask me.
+Quote Post
Tsunade
post Jun 11 2008, 05:53 PM
Post #34

Clinically Insane

Member No.: 855

@joesmith123 LOL good observation!

For SO4 the character look bleh... but the environment is pretty >....< Grrrrr

Anywayz I'm gonna sound very stupid - I dun know much but I feel like voicing my opinion

Timed Exclusiveness = false sense of how the game will sell on the PS3... many of my friends own by 360 and PS3 and chances are... they'll get the game where it comes out first!

My thoughts on S-E = They remind me somewhat of EA as in I feel like they are the biggest money-hungry and un-loyal companies I have ever seen. Sure every company wants money - but other companies are not as inconsiderate as S-E and they don't seem to care about their lifelong fans and supporters.

To elaborate on this the biggest RPG fan-base is in Japan and most Japanese gamers DON'T care much for the 360. So by S-E supporting the 360 they just B**CH slapped all their life-long fans that supported them through the years.

Star Ocean has always had a home in the PS console - so by jumping SUDDENLY to another console without "COMPLETELY" ruling out a PS3 release is BULL!!

The following are two screenies of me having a few min live chat with some guy in S-E.... 3 things about this
1- Was playing Yahoo Literati so wasn't thinking well (honestly speaking)
2- That is NOT my real name
3- If you dun wanna read the full thing skip to pic #2 at the ending

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/843/61509883ir0.jpg

http://img77.imageshack.us/img77/3787/27617616zh6.jpg

PS. I KNOW there is no confirmation or anything about a FFVII remake - but I have a strong feeling they are working on one... and if S-E choosing the 360 for that I will never touch a game by them... You can ignore this part lol

This post has been edited by Tsunade: Jun 11 2008, 05:59 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
^Sig made by Auro THANKS x.........x
+Quote Post
Burrgle
post Jun 12 2008, 01:14 AM
Post #35

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Well if SE releases a FFVII remake for the 360...great. I am not sure on what consol I will get. I have a Wii! So I am probebly going to stick with that for another good few months. But I am thinking about getting a 360 after that. More games...more variety...and better variety. I know the FF mainstream games have good reputation, however, with the most recent turn of events of certain people leaveing and making thier own company...how good will it be? You cant be certain that it is going to be amazing. It could very well flop. And I think this now more than ever because of how akwardly multiplatform SE is.

They are releasing games for every single thing...which is pissing their fans off. You cant expect one person to purchace 5 systemes (Wii, DS, PSP, PS3, 360). Its just going to annoy the shit out of them. I am personally very bored with SE's jumping around and I dont think I am going to support the FF Franchise anymore. Its just too much effort now a days.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
LoneWolf
post Jun 12 2008, 03:30 AM
Post #36

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Are you trying to tell me that MGS4, FF13, Killzone, Resistance and LBP are going to bring the PS3 back into the running? 5 games? Thats all Sony really have at the moment, and for all we know these games could just end up like Haze or Lair, massive dissapointments.

How many games did it take for the 360 to have such an "incredible" line up? It was Gears, Halo 3 and Mass Effect. Three. The rest of the big games are multiplatform.

MGS4, FF13, Gran Turismo 5, Resistance 2 and LBP are more than enough. On top of that there's Killzone 2 and Infamous (which could be succeses), God of War III (probably next year), and other small things like Home, the practically-confirmed in-game XMB and rumble that have got people going back to the PS3. There are also rumours of BC being patched onto the 40GB and obviously the price is dropping.

Their fortunes are turning around VERY fast. You've got to remember this has barely even started yet. The first of the releases is MGS4.

But I am thinking about getting a 360 after that. More games...more variety...and better variety.

What variety? Seriously, it has the best shooters imaginable and that's it. Its got a couple of B-grade RPGs and a random "good" game from a genre every once in a while. Variety is one thing the 360 seriously lacks. Right now it barely has more variety than the PS3, which is a year behind in games (and quickly catching up).

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Tsunade
post Jun 12 2008, 03:41 AM
Post #37

Clinically Insane

Actually I kinda have to agree with LoneWolf there... variety is not what the 360 has at all really. Their BEST games are FPS and you can actually find those on the PC as well.

I would recommend you guys watch this:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4qfMyHApsnM

Personally I dun own either systems nor am I a fangurl - I had a PS1 because at the time it was "da shitz" and then a PS2 'cause that came out first and dreamcast as pretty as it was didn't do so well.

It's just if you noticed - critics are especially harsh on the PS3 more than any other system because of cost and how the PS3 was was advertised as "grand"

Eitherway The Last Remnant WILL be released on the PS3... SO4 unfortunately is not looking good BUT they did not say NO, NO, NO it's exclusive. You know how S-E is - they are VERY good at denying stuff but they didn't completely deny the possibility that it may come out on the PS3

Infinite Undiscovery - they need to get the name right first before I even consider looking into this...

Then there is KH - which was an okay game... would be interesting to see it come on next gen - no idea which console either.... BUT if it was gonna be on the 360 it would have been announced at this event. Let's keep out fingers crossed.

The thing is - it's not like I hate the 360 or something... but honestly speaking I can't be expected to buy each and every console out there

Eitherway, I'm glad I got SER Neil to say that he likes the 360 as opposed to the PS3... is a online representative even allowed to state his biases?

This post has been edited by Tsunade: Jun 12 2008, 03:42 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Burrgle
post Jun 12 2008, 04:06 AM
Post #38

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Tsunade @ Jun 12 2008, 03:41 AM) *

I would recommend you guys watch this:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4qfMyHApsnM

I would not recommed that people watch this...the music and the language in the video just make it blind propaganda. I am not saying that I really have the most educated stance in the world. But at least I am not bashing peoples opinions by calling them fanboys and xbots. Fucking dumbasses.

And Xbox does have good games not limited to those three titles. Its just what your opinion of a good game is. I like Kameo, elements of power when I played it. I cant say a lot because I dont have either system. But I think that the people who mindlessly bash one system that they do not have a mostly morons who dont know what they hell they are talking about. They are so obsessed about one system which makes them the stupid fanboys that they are trying to bash.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Tsunade
post Jun 12 2008, 04:21 AM
Post #39

Clinically Insane

True - best is relative to people

I guess the better word to use "acclaimed" titles on the 360 (personally I HATE FPS). There are many games I'm crazy about on the PS2 (like Xenosaga 3) which never got recognition. But I won't deny it... the 360 is looking more attractive.

Anywayz the video is kinda amusing and it's a RE-sponse... So I'm sure people who watch this can decide if it's crap or not. I've got some friends (who own both systems unlike myself) who agree/disagree with this (most agree actually but that's because they went from a PS2 to a PS3/360 - and one of them had their 360 break on them). Choice is yours though

But the music was nice in the video sad.gif Not fitting but nice >.....<

*acknowledges she's got weird tastes*

This post has been edited by Tsunade: Jun 12 2008, 04:55 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
LoneWolf
post Jun 12 2008, 04:39 AM
Post #40

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

But I think that the people who mindlessly bash one system that they do not have a mostly morons who dont know what they hell they are talking about. They are so obsessed about one system which makes them the stupid fanboys that they are trying to bash.

Without a doubt, I agree with you completely.

And Xbox does have good games not limited to those three titles. Its just what your opinion of a good game is.

I'm not biased in saying the 360 doesn't have variety, because it really doesn't. I have a 360. wink.gif Its good for shooters.

If you want a 360 for its RPGs, and you really like RPGs most people would consider average, I have no problem with you wanting it. I just don't want to see someone buying one because of its JRPG range instead of a PS3.

with the most recent turn of events of certain people leaveing and making thier own company...how good will it be? You cant be certain that it is going to be amazing. It could very well flop.

Not really. There were two main departures, Uematsu and Sakaguchi. Sakaguchi is only one of the conceptual staff, most of the team are still at Square Enix and they've proven they can do without Sakaguchi. Meanwhile Sakaguchi's own games haven't done well.

Uematsu is the composer, and while he will be missed, he's hardly critical to the games. Square have a lot of awesome composers, and Uematsu is still making FFXIII's theme song.

There's no reason for FFXIII to dud. There hasn't been a single FF in the main franchise that's dudded. 12 games and they're all rated highly.

They are releasing games for every single thing...which is pissing their fans off. You cant expect one person to purchace 5 systemes (Wii, DS, PSP, PS3, 360). Its just going to annoy the shit out of them. I am personally very bored with SE's jumping around and I dont think I am going to support the FF Franchise anymore. Its just too much effort now a days.

What? Because you think you need to buy every single game?

FFs are single entities. Fuck the non-canon spin offs. The main series is whats important, and they're always on one platform. Seriously, how is that a reason to dump the series?

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd June 2018 - 04:20 AM

Copyright 2003-2007 FFXII.Net - All Rights Reserved - Disclaimer
Final Fantasy XII, FFXII & FF12 are registered trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd.