post Jun 11 2008, 03:13 AM
Post #1

* POKE *

Group: Members
Member No.: 2467

My Rinoa fanart smile.gif

http://chiaticle.deviantart.com/art/FFVIII-Rinoa-85806224

Comments and critiques are welcome.
(Thanks to everyone who's already commented on DA)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
B.Valentine
post Jun 11 2008, 03:36 AM
Post #2

But you're so supreme!!!
Group Icon

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 2037

Thats very beautiful!

I love how her hair looks and btw im gonna add you on DA happy.gif'

--------------------
IPB Image
t.a.
+Quote Post
Burrgle
post Jun 11 2008, 05:26 AM
Post #3

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 444

Damnit! My computer went stupid before I posted...and I dont feel like typing up the long post I had before.

So...good job, I like the fact taht you stay true to the game, but at the same time I do not like it. I feel like it would show artistic enginuity and creativity if you some how changed up the face to a goofy or my dynammic pose. Also, some of the crisper transitions from light to dark are a little sketchy and I believe your eyes are too far apart.

I dont know much about digital art...could you enlighten me vaugly on what system you use. And what would be good to start with?

--------------------
IPB Image
Thank you so much Auro!!!!
+Quote Post
Ringo
post Jun 12 2008, 10:32 AM
Post #4

* POKE *

^ thanks for the replies!

@ B.Valentine: Did u change ur DA account? I thought we're already watching each other?

@ Burrgle: Well I didn't exactly stay true to the game. I've trimmed down Rinoa's eyebrows ^^; I was never too fond of her thick eyebrows....

NOw that you pointed out I think ur right. Her eyes are a bit too far apart. Thanks, I'll fix it sometime.

Since this is a soft style portrait I do not think it will suit those poses u described (IMO)... tongue.gif Thanks for the suggestions anyway, its interesting to get different people's point of view. As u can see from my gallery I'm still trying to develop my own style ^^

I use Photoshop. But if you can get ur hands on Painter, that is just as good, prob even better if u want a paintery style smile.gif I don't know much about Painter but u can ask Jayhawk I think he uses Painter.

To start? Have u tried digital drawing b4? Or a u a total beginner? Its a good idea to have a tablet.

+Quote Post
Burrgle
post Jun 12 2008, 11:01 AM
Post #5

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

I used to take a photoshop class. And I used one of those tablets. I dont know what they are called...but the tabs are hooked on to the computer. And when you draw on the tabs...it goes right on to the computer. I have really breifly used painter...but it didnt go so hot. And I dont really have many connections to all the softwear anymore. Maybe I will in next Spring..but not now.

Hahaha...doing an eyebrow wax wont set you too far from the game. But if you are going to do a soft style portrait...why not do your own character? make one up? Its funnn! I wish I didnt lose some of my sketchbooks...I lost like 3 of them. I am so pissed about it. because I had some pretty cool stuff drawn in them. Now I just have my poopy sketchbook with all of my bad drawings in it. So its not really impressive at all >.<

Anyway! I am looking through your gallery and it seems that you are having trouble with creating a 3D demention in some of your drawings that call for it. I see it coming in your Ashelia rendition and that is because of the cast shadow. I think its very nice. But I am a dick and I like seeing more. biggrin.gif

I also highly highly appricaite your attempt at a character. It works very well..but there seems to be some proportion problems in the hips area..and the face looks a bit Neandrathalic. I think you might be trying to stick to chibi style too much.

And I think your Alice in Wonderland chibi thing is just adorable. I love your clouds. I wish the hills and sun were a bit more developed though.

I should get a DA account and post my stuff smile.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
B.Valentine
post Jun 12 2008, 09:21 PM
Post #6

But you're so supreme!!!
Group Icon

Member No.: 2037

@ B.Valentine: Did u change ur DA account? I thought we're already watching each other?

Were we? Im not sure!! >_<

But anyway now we are! :3

--------------------
IPB Image
t.a.
+Quote Post
Ringo
post Jun 14 2008, 02:35 AM
Post #7

* POKE *

@ Burrgle: Tabs? I'm not quite sure what u mean but these are the type of tablets I was talking about. U can still make digital drawings with a mouse but it just takes a lot of time. I used to go around my drawings with the pen tool since its hard to get a straight line or a nice curve with the mouse.

Yes its fun to make up own characters smile.gif I'll be making some more but making fanarts for practices are a lot quicker. And yeah u should join us in the DA community biggrin.gif

Thanks! Its great to hear when someone appreciates my original drawings ^^ Usually fanarts are more popular (unless u r a well established artist ^^)

Hmm...I don't think think most of my drawings are chibi style, they're more of a anime/manga style if thats what u mean. These styles are easier to draw. I'm still learning ^^ and trying to develop my own style.

+Quote Post
Burrgle
post Jun 14 2008, 06:23 AM
Post #8

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Yea! Those tab(lets) are what I know of. Id say that if you want to draw in your own style...you need to stop looking at how others draw. Take something from life...and draw it. Never draw from photograph.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Anarloth Bunansa
post Jun 16 2008, 11:50 AM
Post #9

Archduchess of Jeuno
Group Icon

Member No.: 5233

Waw ! Beautiful !

As I understand, you have a pen tablet ? A Wacom ?
I've just got a Bamboo Fun (Medium). Everyone told me that Wacom is the benchmark, for pen tablets.

--------------------
IPB Image

"This world is nothing but a grave, and you are the maggots that squirm through the rotting corpse."
(Kam'lanaut, Final Fantasy XI - Rise of the Zilart)
+Quote Post
girlsrgamers2
post Jun 17 2008, 09:44 PM
Post #10

Life's a journey, not a destination.
Group Icon

Member No.: 4088

I really like it, Ringo, I love your style. I love her hair, eyes, and her lips (they have a lovely shine). My only criticism would be that her collarbone looks a little too prominent. Other than that, it is quite lovely. Great job!

--------------------
♥♥♥ BohemianAndy ♥♥♥
IPB Image
♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
sig by andrzej
Proud member of the Viera and Hippie families
+Quote Post
Saiyuki
post Jun 18 2008, 09:56 PM
Post #11

Super-Awesome Member

Member No.: 868

I always like your pictures, the soft portrait is very suitable for her and i really like how you did the hair.

I'm finding something off about her face though, i think it's that i always thought rinoa had a longer and more slender nose (though i haven't looked at a pic of her for a while).

The markings of her collar bone and on her neck doesn't seem as smooth though as the rest of the drawing.

Overall really nice. Oh and i like the feathers too, nice touch <3

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Ringo
post Jun 19 2008, 10:20 AM
Post #12

* POKE *

@Burrgle: sorry, hate to disagree with u but IMO drawing from photos are a great exercise biggrin.gif

@Anarloth Bunansa: Thank u smile.gif Yes I use a Wacom Graphire (quite a small one). Wacom Intus is the best from what I know. I not sure how much better but I find Graphire pretty good already smile.gif Isn't Bamboo Fun from Wacom too?

@girlsrgamers2: Thank u! I'll fix her collarbone!

@Saiyuki: THanks! smile.gif Might be her eyebrows...Rinoa has thicker eyebrows wink.gif but I don't like them tongue.gif She doesn't have long lashes either tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Anarloth Bunansa
post Jun 19 2008, 02:42 PM
Post #13

Archduchess of Jeuno
Group Icon

Member No.: 5233

Yes, Bamboo Fun is from Wacom. I think it's the model wich "substitute" the Graphire.

--------------------
IPB Image

"This world is nothing but a grave, and you are the maggots that squirm through the rotting corpse."
(Kam'lanaut, Final Fantasy XI - Rise of the Zilart)
+Quote Post
Snake
post Jun 21 2008, 08:57 PM
Post #14

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 955

Oh wow, that's pretty good. biggrin.gif I definitely like what I'm seeing. Keep up the good work. wink.gif
+Quote Post
Ringo
post Jun 24 2008, 10:32 AM
Post #15

* POKE *

^ Thank u!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th December 2018 - 05:22 AM

Copyright 2003-2007 FFXII.Net - All Rights Reserved - Disclaimer
Final Fantasy XII, FFXII & FF12 are registered trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd.