Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V « < 4 5 6  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Official Metal Gear Solid 4 thread, make sure to keep spoiler alerts clear!
Stealth
post Jun 28 2008, 11:01 PM
Post #101

A Patriot

Group: Members
Member No.: 60

QUOTE(joesmith123 @ Jun 28 2008, 03:44 PM) *
QUOTE(Stealth @ Jun 28 2008, 05:16 PM) *

QUOTE(joesmith123 @ Jun 27 2008, 10:37 AM) *
Also, the controls are perfect. I don't care what he says.

The controls are great when you're sneaking. But once spotted and being attacked by multiple enemies the controls are hardly perfect.

The worst part about the controls for me was the fact that if you crawl up to an unconcious or dead body Snake will pop up into the prone position. This fact gave away my position a few times.

That's why you run and hide.

The controls are still imperfect if I'm forced to run and hide from a few grunt soldiers when I'm the genetically enhanced super soldier. The controls when fighting could have been better.

Also, in MGO I'm not a fan of not being able to reload your weapon like you can in single player. I died so many times playing MGO when on a roll do to my weapon running out of ammo mid fire fight because I couldn't reload after just killing someone.

Probably because tactical reloading is a huge game imbalance for multi. You need to not play MGO like every other shooter out there to be good at it. At it's core, it's a game of strategy. (Unless you play blood bath with 16 players...)

--------------------
IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
joesmith123
post Jun 29 2008, 03:31 AM
Post #102

Cor Blimey!
Group Icon

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 866

^How is it a huge game imbalance? I think after I kill someone I should be able to reload my weapon.

--------------------
IPB Image

Thanks again to Snake for another great sig. As always his work on my behalf is greatly appreciated.
+Quote Post
Stealth
post Jun 29 2008, 07:13 AM
Post #103

A Patriot

Group: Members
Member No.: 60

QUOTE(joesmith123 @ Jun 28 2008, 09:31 PM) *
^How is it a huge game imbalance? I think after I kill someone I should be able to reload my weapon.

Because it essentially makes weapons not even require reloading, since it takes less than a second. And that basically makes the Weapons skills useless.

..And you realize you hit O to reload in MGO right?

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
joesmith123
post Jun 29 2008, 01:17 PM
Post #104

Cor Blimey!
Group Icon

Member No.: 866

^So, the reload is different in MGO than MGS4? If I'm not mistaken reload in MGS4 is square.

--------------------
IPB Image

Thanks again to Snake for another great sig. As always his work on my behalf is greatly appreciated.
+Quote Post
steiner
post Jun 29 2008, 04:11 PM
Post #105

It's been too long...
Group Icon

Member No.: 1745

^Reload is circle for MGS4 as well. At least on my version of the game. unknw.gif

Finished Act 3. So far, Act 1 was my favourite gameplay wise. Act 2 and 3 had better story and cutscenes, but they felt a bit short.

--------------------
IPB Image
"Foolish. Picking fights with strangers in a place like this... I used to know someone like that. He was a loser... He refused to find beneficial ways to use his power. Instead, he'd seek out people to fight..." -Amarant Coral, FFIX
Mmmmm....Married to Garlz, Mel and KittenLittle.
+Quote Post

6 Pages V « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st January 2018 - 08:30 PM

Copyright 2003-2007 FFXII.Net - All Rights Reserved - Disclaimer
Final Fantasy XII, FFXII & FF12 are registered trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd.