> New FFXIII Info Maybe?, Possibly?
LoneWolf
post Jun 18 2008, 08:24 AM
Post #1

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 828

Apparently the new issue of Famitsu says the Versus staff are helping the XIII development team. This is probably to speed up the production, because FFXIII is "now the priority". There was also a recent scan that said FFXIII's development was going smoothly, and it's taking so long because they want to reach a level of quality that hasn't been seen before. I can find that scan if you give me a bit of time.

Also, this is fairly old, but there'll be a Square Enix members event held in Japan from August 2nd to August 3rd, and FFXIII will be at the show.

This is (possibly...) the first FFXIII info of 2008! Woo. unknw.gif

http://www.square-enix.com/jp/event/dks3713/
http://www.forever-fantasy.net/modules.php...r=0&thold=0
http://scrawlfx.com/2008/06/new-final-fantasy-xiii-something

• The first Final Fantasy to appear on PLAYSTATION 3.
• The gameplay has evolved from it’s predecessors.
• It has a far future world mixed up with a lot of magic.
• The game is also about “Human beings (those) who resist to fate”.
• They’re working to push the PS3 hardware to it’s limits and they’re kinda achieving it.
• They want the player to really feel what the characters are feeling, so everything is sorta real.
• The development is taking long because they want to achieve a certain level of quality with the game that no one have ever seen.
• The development has been going nicely, but at sometimes can be challenging.
• He says the PLAYSTATION 3 is a powerful machine and can do anything they have ever dreamed of. He is praised to work with the PS3.
• Final Fantasy XIII is exclusive to the PLAYSTATION 3.

Famitsu Scans
http://www.vipper.org/vip846528.jpg
http://www.vipper.org/vip846529.jpg
http://www.vipper.org/vip846530.jpg

Did we know that Tidus and Jecht were in Dissidia?
http://videogamerx.gamedonga.co.kr/zbxe/fi...428/911/dff.jpg

--------------------
IPB Image
Signiture made by Charlie (different forum, 2002)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
N2Y
post Jun 19 2008, 01:51 PM
Post #2

Wiiii Love PS3... and Jessica Alba! And Penelope Cruz!
Group Icon

Member No.: 734

And now apparently an EA employee confirmed on NEOGaf that FFXIII will be released this December in Japan. Thats why on the TGS2008 there will be a playable demo to get them all worked up for one hell of a game.

I hope its true, but I doubt it. xD

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
fat_moogle
post Jun 19 2008, 09:32 PM
Post #3

:DD:
Group Icon

Member No.: 1626

^ Wait...EA?! Am I missing something here? I sure do hope that you just made a typo... biggrin.gif

If I remember rightly though, SE were in talks about a simultaneous world wide release though, right?

IF the December Japanese release date is in fact true, maybe it's in attempt to draw the Japanese market towards the PS3? I mean, it hasn't been selling as well as they had hoped. Add to the fact that the 360 is getting so many JRPG's soon - whether or not the Japanese buy the 360 for them or not (doubtful) the PS3 still needs to push itself towards RPG fans.

--------------------
IPB Image

<3 Married to the amazingly awesome, perfect, and beautiful PG & LL <3
+Quote Post
LoneWolf
post Jun 20 2008, 03:21 AM
Post #4

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Yep, I made a post in the Official PS3 Thread, the EA guy said it's coming out this December in Japan and (because of localisation problems) a couple of months later for other territories. I've seen the original posts, they didn't look very believable. "EA Employee" is a title he gave himself I'm pretty sure. Apparently he's been right before, but I doubt it was more than luck. I don't believe him. But I can still hope!

I think-

E3 - FFXIII trailer, probably the Jump Festa 2007 trailer, shown to the public. This or we see nothing.

SE Event - A much bigger FFXIII trailer is shown, which highlights a lot of things. Probably closed theatre.

TGS - Possibly a demo, but if they don't reveal the gameplay at E3 or SE Event I think the demo will be played by an SE employee and nobody else.

Best possible situation would be a new, huge trailer shown to the public at E3, then the reveal of the gameplay through a five minute demonstration at the SE event, the Jump Festa 2007 trailer released to the public, and a playable demo available to the public at TGS, along with the announcement of a December release in Japan (Spring 2009 for everyone else).

EDIT: The translation of the Famitsu article was wrong, Versus XIII isn't on hold. Nomura just mentioned that some of the Versus staff were helping the XIII staff in their spare time.

FFXIII has been confirmed to appear at E3! And they mention release dates...

http://www.videogaming247.com/2008/06/19/f...-hint-possible/

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Snake
post Jun 21 2008, 08:55 PM
Post #5

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 955

That's quite nice. About the EA employee, he is an insider most definitely. I've been watching his moves as of late. This, though, he could just be pulling our legs. I don't trust him on this one. Anyways, Final Fantasy XIII news is good news. biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
hevrae
post Jun 22 2008, 03:18 PM
Post #6

Canela e Mazagăo
Group Icon

Member No.: 431

I absolutely doubt the game will be out anytime soon this year, nor the beginning of the next. We haven't seen any gameplay, almost nothing other than some videos. They usually hype us with some gameplay meanwhile and some information. I'll give it another year or something.

--------------------
+Quote Post
LoneWolf
post Jun 23 2008, 08:34 AM
Post #7

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

^Apparently its normal for Square to leave so much information so late. It's possible they'll show gameplay at E3, the SE Event or TGS, and if they do a lot of people will consider it a confirmation it's coming out soon.

I think their way of advertising's pretty stupid though. Why can't they do a Konami and give us 15 hours of footage before the game releases?

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Sabin
post Jun 25 2008, 10:31 AM
Post #8

Viking
Group Icon

Member No.: 1334

^Didin't they do that with FF XII?

--------------------
Final Fantasy XIII, a PS3 and 360 exclusive.
+Quote Post
LoneWolf
post Jun 25 2008, 12:47 PM
Post #9

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

^I think they tried to, but the delays stuffed it up. What's up with your sig?

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Sabin
post Jun 25 2008, 01:55 PM
Post #10

Viking
Group Icon

Member No.: 1334

It's my prediction on what will happen on E3. My guess could be way off, but I think it will happen.

Square are more greedy than ever, and I won't be surprised to see FF XIII on 360. With a spinoff on Wii.

--------------------
Final Fantasy XIII, a PS3 and 360 exclusive.
+Quote Post
hevrae
post Jun 25 2008, 09:23 PM
Post #11

Canela e Mazagăo
Group Icon

Member No.: 431

QUOTE(LoneWolf @ Jun 23 2008, 09:34 AM) *
^Apparently its normal for Square to leave so much information so late. It's possible they'll show gameplay at E3, the SE Event or TGS, and if they do a lot of people will consider it a confirmation it's coming out soon.

I think their way of advertising's pretty stupid though. Why can't they do a Konami and give us 15 hours of footage before the game releases?

Nevertheless, it'll take us to a half year wait minimum. You are right, but I doubt they'll release such amount of information altogether.

Hahah, I don't think we'd need 15 hours, I'd be happy with just 20 minuts or half an hour. no? : P

--------------------
+Quote Post
LoneWolf
post Jun 26 2008, 05:54 AM
Post #12

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

^I'll be happy with 10 minutes total before the game releases. >__<

It's my prediction on what will happen on E3. My guess could be way off, but I think it will happen.

Square are more greedy than ever, and I won't be surprised to see FF XIII on 360. With a spinoff on Wii.

I have good news for you (if you don't want it to go multiplatform). Square are going out of their way to let people know its a PS3 exclusive. Apart from mentioning it in every magazine, article and event, they also commented that the list of FFs being made for the Xbox 360 is completely empty and that they've "done things with FFXIII that couldn't be ever done on the Xbox 360." biggrin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th October 2018 - 11:06 AM

© Copyright 2003-2007 FFXII.Net - All Rights Reserved - Disclaimer
Final Fantasy XII, FFXII & FF12 are registered trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd.