> FFXII.NET: WHERE ARE THEY NOW?, pretty self explanatory, noobz
fierytempest
post Apr 19 2012, 10:09 PM
Post #1

I've got rain in my veins
Group Icon

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 8127

So, this lovely forum we shared together for years, has been shut down for 4 years! But now it's back! Some of us moved on to FFNext, but that too sadly met its demise. A lot of us have stayed in touch over Facebook, but some haven't! (I'm looking at you, Fox.) So, in the last 4 years, where have YOU been?!

If I remember correctly, I had already dropped out of high school when this forum shut down. In the fall of 08 I went back, and went on to graduate. I had my first serious boyfriend and yadadyadayada. I started working, and then college, and then I dropped out. Recently I got my first 40-hour job working in home with adults with special needs. This fall I'm going back to college to pursue a degree in Spanish. I recovered from bulimia, and my health with my Cystic Fibrosis is doing pretty well too.

Oh, and for like, a year I was a Christian. And then I wasn't. So, yeah.

I have a bitchin' sweet 94 Nissan Altima (that's a stick-shift, noobz) aaaaaaand my dad got married last summer for the fourth time.

I actually just took this picture today, and this is what I look like these days: IPB Image

What about you guys? Where have you been? What have you been doing?

--------------------
I am done with my graceless heart
So tonight I'm gonna cut it out and then restart
I like to keep my issue drawn
It's always darkest before the dawn

Xii<3
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Nick
post Apr 19 2012, 10:18 PM
Post #2

The Captain
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 646

Paying the Bills: I graduated from University with a 2nd Class Degree in Criminology shortly after the forum closed. After drifting from job to job this year I've been working at a Security Operative for a student housing company. The money is excellent for what I do and given my prospects I'm hoping to be a security consultant or equivalent by 30.

Lifestyle: I kept drinking, to excess and infact from July 2003 to December 2011 I didn't go a full week without an alcoholic drink. I finally actually gave up casual drinking last year and I've only gotten drunk about 3-4 times this year to date. Still not a smoker and still dont do drugs.

Love life: Currently single, the past 4 years has seen me with 3 single mothers, one welsh computing student, at least 3 certifiable crazies and probably some more that i've blocked out.

Can't think of much else to be honest. Will see what others post (if they do at all tongue.gif )

--------------------
The damnation of Faust. Man sells his soul to the devil. All ends in tears, these arrangements usually do.
Married to my MUCH LOVED Drunken Pirating Wench Michiko
+Quote Post
Fox
post Apr 19 2012, 10:24 PM
Post #3

Ninja Fox - The Silent Menace
Group Icon

Member No.: 2280

Hey Tempest, you wanna facebook me, you feel free! I assure you I fill my statuses with many a witty remark smile.gif

Since XII.net I stayed for a spell on FFNext but that never really took off as hoped, and I found refuge on FXN where I am still highly respected today. ...OK, so you'd never buy that, but I'm still an active member there damn it! In life I completed my university course in Game Design and have been a QA tester at Codemasters for a little over a year now. I have two small DIY games due for release in the next couple of months (Game Maker stuff, nothing fancy) and my massive RPG project is finally in full development.

Had a girlfriend for a month last year. She sucked and text dumped me. Haven't been bothered to go on the prowl since! So I've just played lots of games, got back into reading, that sort of thing. I was probably just passing my drivers test when I left here, and I've had that car (a Nissan Primera, 1996) for about four years now. His name is Columbo smile.gif

And seeing as you started it tempest, here is a picture of me taken a year or two back and one of the few that I consider vaguely acceptable (seriously, this is one of about 4 pictures of me that exists with my permission on the internet). This was a before I started competing in a karting championship and so was at my most fit and dashing (it's all relative of course).

IPB Image

--------------------
PSN: "corneliusfingers"
twitter: @corneliusfinger
Blog: Games Under the Knife
+Quote Post
Katya
post Apr 19 2012, 10:37 PM
Post #4

Brutally Honest
Group Icon

Member No.: 8

Since this place closed, I am still foruming. Same as Fox, I mainly reside on FXN.

As for real life, I went to college and graduated with a nursing degree. I still have to get my license, though, so I am trying to study for that. Also, work in medical offices, but not as a nurse so I am not too happy with this situation. Not really dating anyone either. I've been having lots of issues last year with moving and such. Hopefully when I get this license thing over with I can really move on with my life.

--------------------
IPB Image
☆ sig by andrzej ☆
+Quote Post
fat_moogle
post Apr 19 2012, 10:55 PM
Post #5

:DD:
Group Icon

Member No.: 1626

Welcome back; your last visit was: Jun 26 2008, 04:58 PM

Wow!

Since this time I've:

Learnt to drive (I passed my test in December 2008)

Been arrested

Been banned from Driving (2011)

Finished College and graduated with a Foundation Degree in Public Services

Went on to Uni, and graduated with a 2:2 in Public Services

Turned 19

Turned 20

Turned 21

Played a next-gen FF game xD

Been on holiday to Antigua (best holiday ever)

Had a ride in a helicopter.

Became a News Reporter at FXN

Bungee Jumped

I still work at the same place that I did when I left here, however I'm in a different department now. & I'm still unsure about what it is that I want to do with my life!

& like Katya and Fox I am still foruming!

--------------------
IPB Image

<3 Married to the amazingly awesome, perfect, and beautiful PG & LL <3
+Quote Post
Marblefist
post Apr 19 2012, 11:11 PM
Post #6

Negrodamus
Group Icon

Member No.: 1545

Hey all.

Four years ago I was in sixth form (college for the yanks), finished that. I was a bit lazy so I underachieved and didn't go to my first choice uni. I ended up going to a good uni, eventually finishing up with a degree in Law. That said, because of the steep prices for law school (13Gs) I decided to job hunt for this year. This has been a bit of a non-starter lol I've been volunteering with a charity for the homeless since november for a few days a week and am actually starting some work experience at a law firm on monday.

Lifestyle wise after FFXII.net closed down I jumped ship to next for a piece. After that I pretty much stopped foruming (this coincided with Soccerpulse shutting down methinks) to be a full time facebooker and since last year a serial twitter-ar or tweeter. I started running a blog with a few mates last Nov and we are interviewing Mark Steel (comedian/author/columnist) come this weekend. Other than that, I drink like I'm making up for Nick chilling out on booze and enjoy the odd spliff.

Love life....in short, I've become reasonably good at hooking up with the ladies but am as awful as I was at age 10 when it comes to commitment, telling a girl how I feel etc. :/

I always used to do the mean pics so yh, fuckit, here's one from last year:

IPB Image

--------------------
Until I force Xiitharn to make me a new sig this writing will have to suffice.
+Quote Post
fierytempest
post Apr 19 2012, 11:18 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Lol, yeah, I've kind of been skanking around a bit too, MF.

Although I haven't had any spliff since August 31, 2011. D:

--------------------

Xii<3
+Quote Post
Marblefist
post Apr 19 2012, 11:40 PM
Post #8

Negrodamus
Group Icon

Member No.: 1545

Slutting about>>>>>> lol not really, I'm broken inside hahaha

--------------------
Until I force Xiitharn to make me a new sig this writing will have to suffice.
+Quote Post
Cheeky25
post Apr 20 2012, 12:33 AM
Post #9

All I Need
Group Icon

Member No.: 1282

Hey all! I have so many great memories I had to jump on this when I was it was getting active again.

So I'm in my last quarter of university at OSU (Ohio State University) studying Political Science and Philosophy as a double major. I suppose I got my first love of politics debating Joesmith123 (I think was his name??) right here so that shows how much this place shaped me in my earlier years. Since FFXII.net I haven't really done any foruming at all, which I certainly missed, but I never really found the kind of great community that we had here for those years.

I'm still not entirely sure what I plan on doing with my life, but who does really at this point? Currently employed at a dining hall, and am in the midst of getting ready for graduation and looking for employment at every avenue possible. Dating another OSU student currently which is going well.

As far as games (since this is a gaming forum) I play Starcraft II very often, and if any of you play hit me up please!

Obligatory year old picture biggrin.gif

IPB Image

--------------------
IPB Image
Thanks to Xii! My favorite Canadian

The Viera Family
+Quote Post
Dark Yuna
post Apr 20 2012, 01:02 AM
Post #10

Browncoat
Group Icon

Member No.: 2258

Well, I was 14 when I joined here, so I don't even know where to begin!

Academic stuff first. At the time that the site closed I was just finishing Year 11 in secondary school after GCSE's. Then went to Sixth Form to do my A-levels, getting an AS in Music Technology, Media Studies, Law, and Biology, and earning the full A-levels in English, Psychology and Photography. Currently I'm a 1st Year Undergraduate at the University of Exeter studying Psychology.

Social stuff! I'm still with the same group of friends that I've been with since Year 8, and as you'd expect there were various dramas, etc since then. Most are still around, though, which is great. Made a few friends at university who are equally as great, and certainly make things interesting when we're supposed to be studying!

Love life. Well, for those who remember our very own member Kira Lee, I am still very much talking to her so that's amazing to me.

Free time! Still hopelessly addicted to gaming, perhaps more so since I bought my Xbox 360 and discovered the wonders of achievements and gamerscore. Thought about toning down on it all but then realised how much fun I would be missing. So that was short-lived! I haven't been to any forums (save a brief spell at FFNext) or joined any communities, largely due to what Cheeky summed up quite nicely, "I never really found the kind of great community that we had here for those years".

General: I still can't drive, nor have I had any lessons! Getting around to it, though. I'm usually around on good ol' Facebook though sadly I only have a couple of people here added on there who I occasionally talk to smile.gif

Also, mandatory photo from a few months ago:

IPB Image

--------------------
IPB Image

Married to Kira Lee and fierytempest

+Quote Post
Xiitharn
post Apr 20 2012, 01:18 AM
Post #11

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1134

I can't quite remember what exactly I was doing / where I was in my life (apart from being consumed with luuuuurrrrrve for Inhert) when this place shut down...

As for me right now, I'm older and (hopefully) wiser.. I finish my Bachelor's degree at the end of next summer, I now drive, I've been to Vegas, I've gotten my first tattoo, my hair is all grown back after chopping it off suddenly 3 years ago....I'm still into photography and photoshop, not as much as before but I now have two very good Nikons so the quality of my 'camwhoring' has gone up a notch. Like a few other people my foruming stopped here / at FFNext though I was able to maintain links with a few people. Inhert and I broke up in Aprilish of 2009; since then I've dated a lot of different guys and though I have grown alot emotionally, I have yet to find mr. right now.

IPB Image

--------------------
QUOTE(Nick @ May 5 2007, 04:05 PM) *
go Roger yourself with a Tuba you flappy-headed Canuck - your humour is hideous and your gayness knows no bounds!
+Quote Post
Swordsman
post Apr 20 2012, 10:55 AM
Post #12

Top Gun
Group Icon

Member No.: 2664

Wow. Nostalgia...

I was one or two years in to my Uni degree at the time I stopped posting on the forum. I have since finished my Bachelor's Degree in Aerospace Engineering after 5 long years at the University of New South Wales in Sydney and met a bunch of great people along the way, including my current girlfriend of 3 years. To be honest, I never thought I'd make it to the end, but somehow I did. I've currently been helping to restore historic aircraft to flying condition with a society near where I live. That's been a rewarding experience, to say the least.

I spent two years in the Australian Army Reserves gaining qualifications on all sorts of crazy hardware, and found out that one of my friends I grew up with was back at uni after spending a year in Afghanistan, fortunately all in one piece. Still chasing dreams of flying in the Australian Air Force, currently have an application going through recruiting and have passed some key testing requirements. So hopefully that all goes according to plan and in a few years I'll be flying Mach 2 with my hair on fire. wink.gif

In other news, I have started playing Kendo and learning Japanese. I think I'm an even bigger Japanophile now than I was back then. I have a full driver's licence, which can be a pain sometimes as I have inadvertently started a not for profit taxi service... I still play the odd game or two, but am nowhere near as fanatic as I was a few years ago.

So yeah. that's me. (Geez, that was longer than I meant it to be...)

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Dawn
post Apr 20 2012, 12:26 PM
Post #13

Embrace your dreams
Group Icon

Member No.: 126

Well, as for me, there have been a lot of changes, most of them quite unexpected and which have changed me as a person in some aspects.

As June 2008, which is when I remember the site went down, I was a single guy working in the capitol, living a carefree life which mostly consisted in a great dedication to my job, partying with my friends and traveling when the chance came out. By then I had a severe problem of approach towards the opposite sex, problem I throughly discussed in this same forum and everything that was derived from this.

From then on, I continued traveling a lot (and partying even harder). I've been to places like Canada, the US several times (in fact I am returning to NYC in a few years) and the top of it: Japan in 2009. I've also got a tatoo, met some forumers in some of those trips, namely rainbowbrat and Jesus Christ, and I was very delighted to meet both of them. That reminds me I still owe Xiitharn a visit xDDD. I keep in touch with many people from here via Facebook as well.

As time went by I managed to be a bit more aggressive in that approach towards women. Things went slowly and steady until in 2010 I met a girl online and started a relationship with her.

That relationship was a turning point in my life in the sense that I started doing things in my late twenties that most people do years earlier. It started well, there was a lot of great emotions by that time, I was introduced at last to that thing you all imagine and so on.

But events had a quite dramatic change and everything went really wrong. I suffered a lot emotional turmoil, I did the most stupid things I could ever imagine: wasting an obscene amount of money, turning my back on people dear to me and a long etcetera. Until I had enough and that ended several months ago.

After a not so long period of recovery, in which I thought about and analyzed many things that had happened, I met another girl via a mutual friend and who is my current girlfriend.

Things seem to be quite different now. She is a really different person, i.e. older than me, with a kid I really love, calm, more mature and with a deal of wisedom in what life is concerned.

And we are moving together within a few weeks.

As for other aspects of life, I still practice guitar, I still workout and I have reached my thirties in a good situation I think. I still work in the same place and I hope to keep my job while the country I was born and live in slowly desintegrates financially, socially and politically.

Maybe long and a bit boring, but that is how it has been for me smile.gif

--------------------
Once known as shyman

QUOTE(Steve Kilbey)
Something must be wrong when weapons are legal and pot is banned

QUOTE(rainbowbrat)
I am a carnivore, though, I eat all kinds of meat :p

member of the Singles family,Hippie family and GOD family

Married to the loving Rainbowbrat
+Quote Post
Nick
post Apr 20 2012, 12:32 PM
Post #14

The Captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 646

QUOTE(Xiitharn @ Apr 20 2012, 02:18 AM) *

I can't quite remember what exactly I was doing / where I was in my life (apart from being consumed with luuuuurrrrrve for Inhert) when this place shut down...

As for me right now, I'm older and (hopefully) wiser.. I finish my Bachelor's degree at the end of next summer, I now drive, I've been to Vegas, I've gotten my first tattoo, my hair is all grown back after chopping it off suddenly 3 years ago....I'm still into photography and photoshop, not as much as before but I now have two very good Nikons so the quality of my 'camwhoring' has gone up a notch. Like a few other people my foruming stopped here / at FFNext though I was able to maintain links with a few people. Inhert and I broke up in Aprilish of 2009; since then I've dated a lot of different guys and though I have grown alot emotionally, I have yet to find mr. right now.

IPB Image

Oh yeah and I met this girl right here and Inhert a few Christmases ago. Fun times. We played a game called "cock or balls." tru fact.

--------------------
The damnation of Faust. Man sells his soul to the devil. All ends in tears, these arrangements usually do.
Married to my MUCH LOVED Drunken Pirating Wench Michiko
+Quote Post
fat_moogle
post Apr 20 2012, 12:51 PM
Post #15

:DD:
Group Icon

Member No.: 1626

QUOTE(Dawn @ Apr 20 2012, 01:26 PM) *
Maybe long and a bit boring, but that is how it has been for me smile.gif

Long and boring? Not at all. I'm sorry to hear that you're first relationship broke down but, like they say, 'everything happens for a reason'. Maybe you believe that, maybe you don't. But if that relationship didn't break down then you wouldn't be with the woman you love now. You wouldn't know the kid, you wouldn't be moving in together...etc. I'm really happy for you smile.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

<3 Married to the amazingly awesome, perfect, and beautiful PG & LL <3
+Quote Post
(Phoenix)
post Apr 20 2012, 04:59 PM
Post #16

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1889

Well this was unexpected, for those that don't remember I was called Azloah for most of my time on here. I think I was 17 when this place closed and I've just turned 21... time flies! Alot has changed since then too.

As far as I can remember this place closed down about a month or two after my dad (not biological, but still) was diagnosed with cancer. Eventually the stress from that whole situation got to me and I ended up dropping my full-time job and going part-time at Gamestation so that I could be around home more.

Around the beginning of 2009 I lost my job when Gamestation started closing stores and not too long after that my dad passed away in August. Around that time my grandma also started to need care due to her old age and so I ended up spending most of my time looking after her while also looking for another part time job. That pretty much sums up my 2008-2009.

At the end of 2009 I met my girlfriend online (though we were just friends at that time). In March 2010 though we decided that we'd virtually ended up in a long distance relationship and decided to have a go at making something work. Although its long distance (she lives in New York) its not so bad that we aren't able to see each other fairly consistently (I'll be going there for the 3rd time in June for 2 weeks, and she'll be coming back here for the 3rd time for 3 weeks immediately after). I also finally found a new part-time job (I still work there today) and finally decided to stop being a lazy ass and apply for college. I'm finishing up my 2 year level 3 Business course in the next 2 months - which is sufficient enough for me to go to university in the future if I choose to.

My grandma passed away in 2010 almost immediately after I came back from New York for the first time. Still I've been pretty optimistic since then and generally a much happier person than I was in 2008-2009. The rest of my life since then has simply been balancing work/college/and saving up money to see my girlfriend. I also think I've matured and grown up a lot since I was last on here (I'd go as far as to say I'm nearly an entirely different person).

Finally, here's my obligatory "look at how I am now" picture of me and my girlfriend taken in January.

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Balthier's Girl
post Apr 20 2012, 05:38 PM
Post #17

............♥............
Group Icon

Member No.: 5635

Yeah, four years. Where to begin?

As I recall, around the time the forums closed down, I had broken up with my boyfriend of six years. At the time, I was really going through a lot of emotional issues trying to cope with the change of suddenly being single. I basically moved in with a friend into his bachelor apartment and slept on a mattress on the floor of his kitchen for almost eight months. After that, I moved into the apartment next to his and was living on my own for a while. I was working a really stressful job and making more money than I knew what to do with, so I kind of developed a drug habit. I was pretty much high every day for five months until I lost the job.

I was also working a second job, which I still hold now hosting karaoke at local bars. It was there I met my husband. We got together in 2009 and just got married in December of last year. Everyone keeps asking how married life is, but it really doesn't feel any different. I'm as happy as I've been in a long time. Right now we're looking to move to a bigger apartment.

Internet-wise, after this place shut down, I went to FFNext for a little while, and then moved on to twittering, blogtving (it's pretty much a live cam show, but I keep my clothes on), and was running a blog for a while.

I got nothin else to add, so I'll just leave a picture:

IPB Image

--------------------
IPB Image
Über Emo Wife of *Garland* // fireytempest's temptress
Mystical Inferno's Angelinaest Wifey // Kajutsa's Foxy Fellating Wifey
~ OLD SIG BY INHERT WHO ISN'T EVEN HERE ANYMORE ~

Ethereal Blade's Super Secret Wife
+Quote Post
Kaj
post Apr 20 2012, 06:50 PM
Post #18

Goodfella
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 1

Here is me:

IPB Image

So yea, that was last october when I graduated as dentist.. that's right im a dentist now wink.gif Fear me!!

Playing games? No, no time sad.gif PS3 collecting dust.
Party hardy? Yes smile.gif!

For the rest, just having fun wink.gif

--------------------
| Gotta love BG's BJ <3 <3 . v2.3 |
IPB Image
+Quote Post
fierytempest
post Apr 20 2012, 07:03 PM
Post #19

Group Icon

Kajutsa, I never knew you were cute.

--------------------

Xii<3
+Quote Post
(Phoenix)
post Apr 20 2012, 07:14 PM
Post #20

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1889

QUOTE(fierytempest @ Apr 20 2012, 08:03 PM) *

Kajutsa, I never knew you were cute.

To the point as always
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th July 2018 - 08:48 AM

© Copyright 2003-2007 FFXII.Net - All Rights Reserved - Disclaimer
Final Fantasy XII, FFXII & FF12 are registered trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd.