> FFXII.NET: WHERE ARE THEY NOW?, pretty self explanatory, noobz
Ethereal Blade
post Apr 20 2012, 07:45 PM
Post #21

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 2570

I'm going to try to keep this short and simple.

It seems I was 18 when I joined here and 20 when I left. I unfortunately didn’t keep in contact with the people I was closest to here. I never joined any other forum, as my life outside of the internet pretty much took over. Now, at 24... I feel that I am still more or less the same person, though I have been told I am a bit more open now. Appearance-wise, however, I have changed quite a bit (Everyone seems to be doing pictures... maybe later, if I feel like it).

In my every day life, I’ve still got my closest friends that I’ve had my whole life and feel very fortunate to still have them--it's the one aspect of my life that I am glad is still the same. I was going to college for my associates at the time I stopped coming to this site, now am taking a break from school until I know what I want to do with my life. I have a job in landscaping, while not my calling is an overall enjoyable job that I have been doing a little over 3 years now. I have also recently moved into a new apartment, but am still living in the same town I have been for most of my life.

I still enjoy video games greatly, even if I have less time for them than I used to. I've purchased an Xbox360 and a 3DS since I left.

Nothing really that noteworthy, but there you have it (yeah, wasn't that short, but fairly simple). Hopefully bigger and better things are in my near future. wink.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
(Phoenix)
post Apr 20 2012, 07:52 PM
Post #22

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1889

Glad to hear everyone seems to be doing well. It's kinda crazy reading up on how everyone's been doing after such a long time.
+Quote Post
Xiitharn
post Apr 20 2012, 09:42 PM
Post #23

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1134

QUOTE(Nick @ Apr 20 2012, 05:32 AM) *

Oh yeah and I met this girl right here and Inhert a few Christmases ago. Fun times. We played a game called "cock or balls." tru fact.

How could I forget to leave that part out?

Remember when I showed you Canadian money and you got so excited over the hockey players on the $5 bill that you knocked your pint over? Priceless.

That reminds me I still owe Xiitharn a visit xDDD.

Uh, DUH. Actually I will be in Spain this summer so...we should meet up smile.gif

--------------------
QUOTE(Nick @ May 5 2007, 04:05 PM) *
go Roger yourself with a Tuba you flappy-headed Canuck - your humour is hideous and your gayness knows no bounds!
+Quote Post
Nick
post Apr 20 2012, 10:38 PM
Post #24

The Captain
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 646

QUOTE(Xiitharn @ Apr 20 2012, 10:42 PM) *

Oh yeah and I met this girl right here and Inhert a few Christmases ago. Fun times. We played a game called "cock or balls." tru fact.

Remember when I showed you Canadian money and you got so excited over the hockey players on the $5 bill that you knocked your pint over? Priceless.

Oh my god yeah! That was incredible! It's like having Beckham on a £20 over here you weirdos smile.gif

--------------------
The damnation of Faust. Man sells his soul to the devil. All ends in tears, these arrangements usually do.
Married to my MUCH LOVED Drunken Pirating Wench Michiko
+Quote Post
Dawn
post Apr 21 2012, 07:40 AM
Post #25

Embrace your dreams
Group Icon

Member No.: 126

Xii: those are definetely good news. We should indeed. Keep me updated then smile.gif

--------------------
Once known as shyman

QUOTE(Steve Kilbey)
Something must be wrong when weapons are legal and pot is banned

QUOTE(rainbowbrat)
I am a carnivore, though, I eat all kinds of meat :p

member of the Singles family,Hippie family and GOD family

Married to the loving Rainbowbrat
+Quote Post
Jayhawk
post Apr 21 2012, 07:43 AM
Post #26

{ FF-ILLUMINA.NET }
Group Icon

Member No.: 439

What the

I don't even remember which year that I stopped going here, but I randomly talked to hateradio for the first time in like a year today and he said this place was back, so...

Anyway, I guess since leaving FFXII.net I had a brief stint at FFNext (I think FFi was also still around after this place) but then I eventually left foruming and webdesigning. For about a year I was a competitive Super Smash Bros Melee player and traveled around the US a little bit while going to college, but eventually I decided to focus on my studies so I stopped. Now I'm a 5th year senior in Illustration (art) and this summer I'm going to try to become a professional League of Legends player and/or work at Riot Games as an artist

The End

BTW I've stayed in contact with MaidenOvertheStar and Enayra throughout the years, they are both swell ladies. I think a few others on deviantART, too

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Balthier's Girl
post Apr 23 2012, 01:04 PM
Post #27

............♥............
Group Icon

Member No.: 5635

QUOTE(fierytempest @ Apr 20 2012, 03:03 PM) *

Kajutsa, I never knew you were cute.

There's a reason I married him, silly. ;D

QUOTE(Xiitharn @ Apr 20 2012, 05:42 PM) *

I actually lol'd at this.

--------------------
IPB Image
Über Emo Wife of *Garland* // fireytempest's temptress
Mystical Inferno's Angelinaest Wifey // Kajutsa's Foxy Fellating Wifey
~ OLD SIG BY INHERT WHO ISN'T EVEN HERE ANYMORE ~

Ethereal Blade's Super Secret Wife
+Quote Post
Maiden of Rabanastre
post Apr 24 2012, 05:45 AM
Post #28

Ultimate Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1898

Hello again! Good to see you guys!

Well... My life since leaving has been pretty normal, I guess. I was involved with the FFNext and FFIllumina communities after this place shut down, and managed to keep in touch with a few of you guys here on Facebook, which has been lovely. I'm not really a forum-goer anymore, although I'm still pretty attached to DeviantART, and I've recently become Tumblr's bitch. The internet has evolved so much...

Anyway, I'm still obsessed with art, and am a mere week away from graduating from uni with two degrees: one in graphic design and one in painting/drawing. It's been an interesting ride, and now I'm in debt, but that's okay because I think I've got a job coming my way really soon. No regrets. I'm planning to go to graduate school in a year or so for an MA in illustration, which I'm really looking forward to. (I really like school, I guess.) Not sure what I want to do with it yet, though. I have lots of options.

I'm still single, although I've had a few flings. Nothing really happened, though. I've decided that I don't have time for relationships, and I'm honestly more content to focus on art. I'm really glad for those of you who have recently found good significant others (and have gotten hitched), though! Woo!

Ummmm... well, I guess that about says it all. I've just been busy with school and building up my portfolio. Not exactly exciting, but I'm happy with the way things are going. I'm hoping in the near future I'll be doing a little traveling since that's something I've always wanted to do. I'm glad to see you guys are all doing well!

Here's a recent picture of me since that seems to be the popular thing to do. I'M AN ARTIST.

IPB Image

It's a really dumb photo.

This post has been edited by Maiden of Rabanastre: Apr 24 2012, 05:46 AM
+Quote Post
Balthier's Girl
post Apr 24 2012, 05:53 PM
Post #29

............♥............
Group Icon

Member No.: 5635

^ whaaaat? It's not a dumb photo! I love it. People always look best when they're showcasing their talents!

--------------------
IPB Image
Über Emo Wife of *Garland* // fireytempest's temptress
Mystical Inferno's Angelinaest Wifey // Kajutsa's Foxy Fellating Wifey
~ OLD SIG BY INHERT WHO ISN'T EVEN HERE ANYMORE ~

Ethereal Blade's Super Secret Wife
+Quote Post
fat_moogle
post Apr 24 2012, 08:56 PM
Post #30

:DD:
Group Icon

Member No.: 1626

@Maiden: Until I seen your picture I totally forgot that you changed your name from Hullabaloo! I like that picture (very familiar - facebook profile!) and I'm glad that you're doing well with your subjects ^^

--------------------
IPB Image

<3 Married to the amazingly awesome, perfect, and beautiful PG & LL <3
+Quote Post
Snake
post Apr 24 2012, 10:45 PM
Post #31

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 955

QUOTE(Balthier's Girl @ Apr 24 2012, 12:53 PM) *
People always look best when they're showcasing their talents!

I promised I would be good, but it's hard when you post statements like that, haha. angel.gif
+Quote Post
Ethereal Blade
post Apr 25 2012, 01:18 AM
Post #32

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

^ LOL

QUOTE(Maiden of Rabanastre @ Apr 24 2012, 12:45 AM) *

Here's a recent picture of me since that seems to be the popular thing to do. I'M AN ARTIST.

It's a really dumb photo.

I almost didn't recognize you, did you used to have shorter hair before? Or am I crazy? Well, it has been 4 years. I'm sure everyone's changed at least a little. Also...

QUOTE(Balthier's Girl @ Apr 24 2012, 12:53 PM) *

People always look best when they're showcasing their talents!

Got to agree with this. Man, I used to do a lot of art myself, but haven't really kept up with it over the years. Maybe I should pick it back up.
+Quote Post
Maiden of Rabanastre
post Apr 25 2012, 01:34 AM
Post #33

Ultimate Member

Member No.: 1898

@ Snake - Behave yourself! Hahaha!

@ Ethereal Blade: My hair was a lot shorter before, and it was straighter too. You're not crazy. biggrin.gif And there's always time to pick things back up if you're determined to.
+Quote Post
Jhei_Em
post May 22 2012, 02:22 AM
Post #34

One of the founders of the Choco Empire
Group Icon

From: Hogwarts, Smallville, Balamb, Gaia (that's my address!)
Member No.: 1643

Copy of my other post.. didn't realize everyone was posting on this thread xD

Anyways, as for me, I've been doing great. I just finished my 3rd year at university, and I'm taking an Honours Major in English. I'm also taking summer courses right now, and working part time at a local theatre (performance theatre, not a cinema) which is quite boring.

I currently have a boyfriend, my first one! We've been dating for nearly 11 months now, and I'm quite happy. I'm also the Director of External Affairs for a student group at uni.

What else... oh yeah, I still love videogames and I still want to go to Japan! And I'm currently writing/outlining my novels still.

PS. I'm addicted to a certain board game called The Settlers of Catan right now... -.-

--------------------
WOOOOT!
VERY PROUD MEMBER OF THE GIGANTIC CHOCOBO FAMILY!
+Quote Post
Ethereal Blade
post May 22 2012, 11:27 PM
Post #35

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

^ Settlers of Catan, I love that game!

I'm pretty sure it's okay to be addicted to something that awesome. It's really been one of my favorite pastimes to do with friends. I really enjoy the different setups you can do, and the randomness of the board. Using the Catan: Seafarers expansion is great too (though I haven't tried the other expansions).
+Quote Post
Jhei_Em
post May 24 2012, 03:25 AM
Post #36

One of the founders of the Choco Empire
Group Icon

From: Hogwarts, Smallville, Balamb, Gaia (that's my address!)
Member No.: 1643

^I haven't tried the Seafarers expansion, but the Cities and Knights one is soo awesome! The first few games with it can be complicated and slow, but once you get used to it it's much more strategic and fun than the basic game. smile.gif

--------------------
WOOOOT!
VERY PROUD MEMBER OF THE GIGANTIC CHOCOBO FAMILY!
+Quote Post
thermopyle
post May 27 2012, 03:48 AM
Post #37

bouncy bouncy

Member No.: 2212

I think I left a post on Next a year or two ago. Looked at my post history here and it was "Don't Stop Believin - Journey" back in '07. Niiiice.

Lessee, I had just started university and was partying/whoring it up. Skip past 3-4 years of wastefulness and hunkered down for my last year of Uni. Met a few cool people but I've really come to be grateful that I'm still good friends with my high school buddies (i.e the ones you can picture yourself in a buddy-cop movie). Became a bit more of a recluse and surprisingly enough, come to hate getting my picture taken. RIP Camwhore (and afro).

Hated the thought that I would ever be a worker bee in an office environment but hey, that's what I'm doing. It's to a lesser extent since the company I work for is pretty contemporary but still surprising. I'm still an avid consumer of gaming but don't really find enough time in life to play games as long as I'd like. =(

Thinking about moving to another country in a year or so (job opportunity) but we'll see how that goes. Glad to see most people haven't had too rough a time in their lives (though i suppose if any of our former members had - they probably wouldn't be in any position to update us tongue.gif )
+Quote Post
Xiitharn
post Jun 11 2012, 09:07 PM
Post #38

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1134

QUOTE((Phoenix) @ Apr 20 2012, 09:59 AM) *

Well this was unexpected, for those that don't remember I was called Azloah for most of my time on here. I think I was 17 when this place closed and I've just turned 21... time flies! Alot has changed since then too.

As far as I can remember this place closed down about a month or two after my dad (not biological, but still) was diagnosed with cancer. Eventually the stress from that whole situation got to me and I ended up dropping my full-time job and going part-time at Gamestation so that I could be around home more.

Around the beginning of 2009 I lost my job when Gamestation started closing stores and not too long after that my dad passed away in August. Around that time my grandma also started to need care due to her old age and so I ended up spending most of my time looking after her while also looking for another part time job. That pretty much sums up my 2008-2009.

At the end of 2009 I met my girlfriend online (though we were just friends at that time). In March 2010 though we decided that we'd virtually ended up in a long distance relationship and decided to have a go at making something work. Although its long distance (she lives in New York) its not so bad that we aren't able to see each other fairly consistently (I'll be going there for the 3rd time in June for 2 weeks, and she'll be coming back here for the 3rd time for 3 weeks immediately after). I also finally found a new part-time job (I still work there today) and finally decided to stop being a lazy ass and apply for college. I'm finishing up my 2 year level 3 Business course in the next 2 months - which is sufficient enough for me to go to university in the future if I choose to.

My grandma passed away in 2010 almost immediately after I came back from New York for the first time. Still I've been pretty optimistic since then and generally a much happier person than I was in 2008-2009. The rest of my life since then has simply been balancing work/college/and saving up money to see my girlfriend. I also think I've matured and grown up a lot since I was last on here (I'd go as far as to say I'm nearly an entirely different person).

Finally, here's my obligatory "look at how I am now" picture of me and my girlfriend taken in January.

IPB Image

Surprised at myself that I didn't say anything before, but I'm glad you're a happier person now mafoo. You deserve it

--------------------
QUOTE(Nick @ May 5 2007, 04:05 PM) *
go Roger yourself with a Tuba you flappy-headed Canuck - your humour is hideous and your gayness knows no bounds!
+Quote Post
Revolver Ocelot
post Jun 13 2012, 07:11 AM
Post #39

Ultimate Member

Member No.: 3794

Well I bet no one here would remember me, but I figured I should give this a go. A friend and I were having conversations about the online communities we used to frequent and what everyone could possibly be up to. I know my teens were made on places like these with fun people, good games, and a sense of camaraderie.

I joined this forum in 2006 at 16 and I am 22 now. My how the times have changed. I ended up meeting my dream of being in the Army and now I am on my way out to civilian life. My ambitions to travel are still there but I don't know where I would want to go. Other than that I have been living day by day trying to see where God takes me next. I'm still pretty much the same person I was over 5 years ago, but I have matured where it matters smile.gif

I hope that whoever reads this now or months upon months from now is blessed and follows there dreams. I met mine, and now it's time to move on.

God bless

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
L.J.
post Jun 25 2012, 04:54 AM
Post #40

?!?!
Group Icon

Member No.: 561

Hello everyone. I will say, in fact; I'm speechless. I just want to say it was very nice reading each and everyone of your stories since you joined up until now. It's something special that we have here. Unbelievable. It was nice catching up on everyone and to be frank, I remember almost everyone in this thread. Can't wait to hear from the rest of the crew once they find this site up and running.

Well; I will be honest. Reading back on some of my posts in here. I was a straight complete asshole. I still am though. Very much so.

My life (in no order):

- I joined this forum when I was 16, I think.

- I went to college (engineering) and dropped out. Just wasn't my cup of tea. Switched programs (business) and completed 2 years before I dropped out again.

- I had many issues at that point, family / girlfriend / etc...

- I started working full time at about 22 (I am now 25) within the corporate culture. I'm currently working full time with a company as a business analyst. I earn a good salary.

- Bought my 2010 mazda 3.

- I had 1 serious relationship and multiple flings with girls. The flings didn't happen till after broke up with her. I'm currently in a relationship.

- I partied a lot and hard. I met a lot of people.

- At this moment of my life, I'm currently living on my own in a condominium by myself and my girlfriend would drop by every so often.

- I'm just working and partying / enjoying life. I got to get up in a couple of hours and get to work and yet, here I am on here.

- I plan to go back to college / university this September and finish my program and get my degree in business.

--------------------

L.
J.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th December 2018 - 06:46 AM

© Copyright 2003-2007 FFXII.Net - All Rights Reserved - Disclaimer
Final Fantasy XII, FFXII & FF12 are registered trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd.