3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The ffv12 demo, Look
dikdikmatt
post Dec 16 2005, 08:04 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1840

i have recently played the ffv12 demo and i lovvved it but the combat seems clunky right now but i have a feeling that it will get better laugh.gif biggrin.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Resurrection
post Dec 20 2005, 02:25 AM
Post #2

Love...the most powerful force on Earth
Group Icon

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 1047

I have heard good from some people, and bad from others about the battle system. So if it is bad, yes let's hope it gets better.

--------------------
Make the 99 become 100
LIES PROTRUDE FROM THE MOUTH OF MAN, BUT EVERY WORD THAT COMES FROM THE MOUTH OF GOD IS LIFE.
I AM A LIAR
+Quote Post
tanjavasi
post Dec 20 2005, 02:44 AM
Post #3

|| Lost Odyssey ||
Group Icon

Member No.: 980

I rented the demo, so I only got to play it for about 2 days. Anyway, I am loving the battle system so far. To me, not having random battles is a great thing. Also, it still plays like a FF game IMO. I loved the “Wait Mode,” where everything freezes when the command menu is called up, therefore giving you enough time to choose your next action. I am very happy with the direction the FF battle system has gone to…After playing the demo, I am even more excited about FF12.

--------------------

IPB Image

My Gametrailers.com Videos Channel! | Xbox360 RPGs: LINK!

- - -
Currently playing: Mass Effect (Xbox360), Lost Planet (Xbox360) & The Bouncer (PS2)
+Quote Post
Vaan_the_sky_pirate
post Dec 21 2005, 02:22 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 1742

It think it's wondeful the way it is.
Actually it could not be better.

--------------------
IPB Image
Family Members: Sandli(F), AoD(M), BohemianAndy(BB) Mr. Moogle(SF), Neil(?) And Steiner(Co)
+Quote Post
silvrpill
post Dec 21 2005, 07:23 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1740

i have to agree, the combat is just plain fun. I love it.
+Quote Post
hazeleyes73
post Dec 27 2005, 06:54 PM
Post #6

Holy Member

Member No.: 1878

I pretty muched loved the demo. I thought the battle system was really fun. I loved that fact that there was no randon battles and you could easily dodge your enemys attack. So far the only FF I'd be glad to fight in.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
lore
post Dec 27 2005, 08:19 PM
Post #7

the italian magii ninja
Group Icon

Member No.: 1648

sigh................
.............i have not played the demo and i can't resist until the release in europe! sad.gif sad.gif tongue.gif

--------------------
I'm not long for this world...what the hell are you laughing at? Your not either.

IPB Image
Avatar by Larien JOIN NOW THE LIONHEART-MAGII FAMILY!!C'MON!!
+Quote Post
*Garland*
post Dec 27 2005, 08:21 PM
Post #8

Banned
Group Icon

Member No.: 1655

same here^^ sad.gif sad.gif cray.gif

--------------------
<3 BG, Azzy & Steiny.
+Quote Post
Velius
post Dec 27 2005, 10:54 PM
Post #9

Elite Member

Member No.: 1877

heh... im right with you guys i've yet to play the demo sleep.gif *sigh*

--------------------
Velius Temple Guardian of the Great Magii Family!
IPB Image
family(Guardian) members: balthier22(father),lore(eldest brother), elfisofillia(sister), heero takoshi's fantasy(brother),garland the dark lord(godfather),nintesu(guardian), aeris(cetra sister) Marblefist(Uncle) Sandli(Guardian)Fatmoogle(Little Bro)Azloah(Brother) JOIN US,THE MAGII FAMILY!
+Quote Post
Burrgle
post Dec 28 2005, 06:42 AM
Post #10

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 444

Well....I thought the battle system was fun....but the system isn't exactly for me. It just seemed so blah. Its sort of like..."oh, Ill just enter in one command for the rest of the demo and ill live" sort of like that....It just seemed to effortless....the bosses were jokes too....I just hope its actually hard...cause the demo was much to easy. But Im sure it will have difficulty.

But the graphics were just visual orgasims. happy.gif The summons were just amazing....I didnt like the two summons that there were because they seemed a lot the same....very fire and brimstone. It would have been nice if they had added something with a little more difference then that. And my hopes of Shiva and Ifrit....and *sniff* Bahamut....are fading....

Then there is the music....very pleasent....I didnt expect all of the music to just blend right in though battles...it was very nice.

Overall...the demo was good enough for the time. Im sure the final copy will kill us though....it has been a long 3 years...since we have gotten a new story thats worth the time.

--------------------
IPB Image
Thank you so much Auro!!!!
+Quote Post
Snake
post Dec 28 2005, 07:27 AM
Post #11

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 955

QUOTE(Burrgle @ Dec 28 2005, 12:42 AM) *

Well....I thought the battle system was fun....but the system isn't exactly for me. It just seemed so blah. Its sort of like..."oh, Ill just enter in one command for the rest of the demo and ill live" sort of like that....It just seemed to effortless....the bosses were jokes too....I just hope its actually hard...cause the demo was much to easy. But Im sure it will have difficulty.

But the graphics were just visual orgasims. happy.gif The summons were just amazing....I didnt like the two summons that there were because they seemed a lot the same....very fire and brimstone. It would have been nice if they had added something with a little more difference then that. And my hopes of Shiva and Ifrit....and *sniff* Bahamut....are fading....

Then there is the music....very pleasent....I didnt expect all of the music to just blend right in though battles...it was very nice.

Overall...the demo was good enough for the time. Im sure the final copy will kill us though....it has been a long 3 years...since we have gotten a new story thats worth the time.

That's exactly what I think.

I hope that with time, the battle system will start to grow on me, and I will like it more.
+Quote Post
Marblefist
post Dec 28 2005, 12:15 PM
Post #12

Negrodamus
Group Icon

Member No.: 1545

They prob made the demo easy on purpose.

--------------------
Until I force Xiitharn to make me a new sig this writing will have to suffice.
+Quote Post
drew88
post Dec 28 2005, 08:25 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 1882

I think they felt that it would be too early to release a demo for NA but at the same time felt the necessity to give DQ a boost in NA so they just released an extremely limited demo. However, I still thought the demo was incredibly beautiful. I'm not sure how but it definitely feels like an FF to me. The only thing that bothered me was the fact that they changed the menu sound effects. I loved the typical FF menu effects.
+Quote Post
Velius
post Dec 28 2005, 08:50 PM
Post #14

Elite Member

so would they have the demo at blockbuster?

--------------------
IPB Image
family(Guardian) members: balthier22(father),lore(eldest brother), elfisofillia(sister), heero takoshi's fantasy(brother),garland the dark lord(godfather),nintesu(guardian), aeris(cetra sister) Marblefist(Uncle) Sandli(Guardian)Fatmoogle(Little Bro)Azloah(Brother) JOIN US,THE MAGII FAMILY!
+Quote Post
Cerberus
post Dec 28 2005, 09:59 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 894

I enjoy the demo sure it can take 20 minutes finish it but I love something new ..the battle system was pretty fun ,it nice when you see the character is able to block the enemy's attack .I din't try yet DW8 because I want Finish Xenosaga 2 first ... I want this more now =) shok.gif

This post has been edited by Cerberus: Dec 28 2005, 10:00 PM
+Quote Post
Cant_Die
post Dec 28 2005, 11:10 PM
Post #16

Member No.: 1641

Does anyone know how i can get my hands on a copy of the demo with out havin to buy dragon quest VIII?
+Quote Post
tanjavasi
post Dec 29 2005, 12:15 AM
Post #17

|| Lost Odyssey ||
Group Icon

Member No.: 980

QUOTE(Cant_Die @ Dec 28 2005, 05:10 PM) *

Does anyone know how i can get my hands on a copy of the demo with out havin to buy dragon quest VIII?

I think renting DQ8 is probably the best way to get a hold of the demo. Like others have already mentioned, the demo is very short. There are two stages and each stage can be finished in about 15 minutes.
I rented DQ8 at Premiere Video with the FFXII demo included. My local Take 2 also included the FFXII demo in the rental. I do not know If Blockbuster will include the demo...I think the best thing is to ask first before renting.

--------------------

IPB Image

My Gametrailers.com Videos Channel! | Xbox360 RPGs: LINK!

- - -
Currently playing: Mass Effect (Xbox360), Lost Planet (Xbox360) & The Bouncer (PS2)
+Quote Post
Velius
post Dec 29 2005, 12:34 AM
Post #18

Elite Member

ok will do. so 30 minutesto finishdemo? all the more reason to play it over and over again!

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
hamiko
post Dec 29 2005, 03:02 AM
Post #19

Member No.: 1532

QUOTE(tanjavasi @ Dec 29 2005, 12:15 AM) *

QUOTE(Cant_Die @ Dec 28 2005, 05:10 PM) *

I think renting DQ8 is probably the best way to get a hold of the demo. Like others have already mentioned, the demo is very short. There are two stages and each stage can be finished in about 15 minutes.
I rented DQ8 at Premiere Video with the FFXII demo included. My local Take 2 also included the FFXII demo in the rental. I do not know If Blockbuster will include the demo...I think the best thing is to ask first before renting.

Unfourtanetly blockbuster didn't include the demo with DQVIII(grr), so i ended up having to buy DQVIII then trading it back in at EB games the next day(got $30 back).
+Quote Post
Turquoise Reed
post Dec 30 2005, 03:14 AM
Post #20

MidnightBlue
Group Icon

Member No.: 1674

I've only played thirty seconds of the second half of the demo (most of it was spent waching Ashe from behind as she walked around), and that 30seconds was enough to put the demo on my "top games of 2005" list! I cant wait for it to release in Australia.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2018 - 01:13 AM

© Copyright 2003-2007 FFXII.Net - All Rights Reserved - Disclaimer
Final Fantasy XII, FFXII & FF12 are registered trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd.