Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> When will it end? When we know the truth., The truth of a FFXII.net stealer!
Otikeu
post Dec 20 2005, 08:24 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1849

Well, now is the time for the community to see a FFXII stealer. Any creditings were put on the sections by me, before being kicked. However, I was unable to get to the FFXII section. So, for now, lets just hope FFE falls. Also, I'm running out of time, but they need to be reported to Google Adsense for using their ads on pages with stolen content. Thanks...

http://www.ffextreme.com
http://www.ffextreme.com/item-454.html

(Original newspost @ FFE which got deleted after a day)
Final Fantasy Extreme. Hated among most webmasters. Why? FFE has a secret to the majority of its visitors that they refuse to deploy to the public. FFE is a content thief. Though they have in the past been known for not having original content, it is from the release (and late developments) of FFEv5 that these matters have gotten worse. Word-by-word content has been stolen for such sections as the Final Fantasy XII and Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus from quality websites, FFXII.net and FF7-DoC.com. Just by browsing a little, you can find that the content is identical, the webmasters from both mentioned resources will agree, as they informed me, and the rest of the FFE administration. (Continued...)

I worked for FFE when Dave was the only one still around. I helped with the development in hopes to see a website that has inspired my life of web design so much. I hired Kathy as the news reporter, the best person ever for FFE's sake, and helped with graphics and coding of the FFX section, as well as design touch ups. Though I requested to hire more administration for content section, Dave has then stated that a past content management team has written a great amount of content for FFEv5 to use. This was a lie. There was not past team, there was only GameFAQs and other innocent resources (other fan sites) that have fell victim to FFE's thievery.

After learning such, I deleted the FFXII section (as some may have noticed) in the past, since this was not for FFE to use. This only got me kicked from administration in terms "it is not your right to delete content". It isn't my "right"? Is it any of FFE's right to steal and not respond to the pleas that other webmasters have given to, at the least, give true credit? Any credit you find (FFXII, FF7 walkthrough, and FF7 DoC sections) was added by me, to help those who have become victim to plagiarism. After awhile of arguments with the administration team, I have been permanently kicked from FFE with reasons of "mistrust" and "threats towards the well being of FFE". I can assure you I have never threaten anything that would cause harm to a community, or I would have done so in the past. I have accepted that I cannot be on management of FFE any longer, but feel that the owners should credit and right what has been wrong for some many years. Yet they fail to do so and continue these acts.

Clearly put, Final Fantasy Extreme has done nothing honorable other than maintain a big community and steal from other authors that have taken their time to have such content available, without them known as the original authors. FFE has failed to give notice towards crediting those who deserve acknowledgement and continues with such actions.

I advise that such a website should not exist online. This is just another disgrace to the internet network, and should just be shut down. I was friends with the administration, had pride with FFE. However, after gaining mistrust within the partnership and being kicked from helping credit those who wrote the content FFE stole and host, I only see FFE with disgust. FFXII.net, FF7-DoC.com, and GameFAQs are known victims of content theft, what site is next?

The truth has been revealed, now the viewers and members know.

(I understand the owners may be mad now, but you screwed us over, so now you are screwed.)

I deleted as many news accounts as I could, and just changed passwords and took away admin access from the others. Take that for screwing me and FFXII.net! new_russian.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Kaj
post Dec 20 2005, 12:12 PM
Post #2

Goodfella
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(Otikeu @ Dec 20 2005, 09:24 AM) *

Well, now is the time for the community to see a FFXII stealer. Any creditings were put on the sections by me, before being kicked. However, I was unable to get to the FFXII section. So, for now, lets just hope FFE falls. Also, I'm running out of time, but they need to be reported to Google Adsense for using their ads on pages with stolen content. Thanks...

http://www.ffextreme.com
http://www.ffextreme.com/item-454.html

I deleted as many news accounts as I could, and just changed passwords and took away admin access from the others. Take that for screwing me and FFXII.net! new_russian.gif

Thank you. I appreciate people that have some moral left. My crew spent many hours writing the stuff and some just 'easily' steal it. Well, it's my own fault too. I have no dislaimer+terms section, but I will bring those online any time soon. In that newspost on the site, I will show my disrespect towards FFE and give them negative propaganda.

--------------------
| Gotta love BG's BJ <3 <3 . v2.3 |
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Stealth
post Dec 20 2005, 03:34 PM
Post #3

A Patriot

Member No.: 60

I'm sorry, but I don't condone what you did to help FFXII.Net out of legal respect.

wink.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
nataru
post Dec 20 2005, 04:04 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 1578

http://www.ffextreme.com/forums/showthread...ted=1#post83716
this is the thread where they are argueing about this

--------------------
+Quote Post
joesmith123
post Dec 20 2005, 04:07 PM
Post #5

Cor Blimey!
Group Icon

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 866

That's really shitty that people would just steal stuff entirely from this site without even trying to change it a little. I don't understand why they don't just give you all credit for it, and then there wouldn't be a problem. It seems simple to me.

--------------------
IPB Image

Thanks again to Snake for another great sig. As always his work on my behalf is greatly appreciated.
+Quote Post
nataru
post Dec 20 2005, 04:10 PM
Post #6

they have been doing it to other websites too then as the website figures it out they ask for affliate

maybe roth should get off his ass and hire some people to make content

--------------------
+Quote Post
Otikeu
post Dec 20 2005, 11:19 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 1849

I still don't see why they think, cause everyone else is stealing, they can? They keep putting their defense towards "everyone does it, that is the internet". That is just disgracful. Do they wanna be called a noob fan site? Cause that is what those type of websites are.

I appreciate you baring with me through the long time, and I am very mad at the administration for commiting such acts. Ben, one of the admins, ever stated that he was in contact with yo uand didn't want to give the credit since you were being (by what he said) rude, mean, threatening, etc. Though I am not sure wheither this is true or not, I do believe that the webmaster/owner would have the right to be mad and that, no matter what, if you continuing to use their content, you damn right put credit where it is due!

This is why I jumped off the handle, so to say. I do not appreciate him for backstabbing me and stealing content from a friend (owner of FF7-DoC.com). I tried to get to the FFXII section, but I couldn't after they finally kicked me out...

I would fully support a news article you would make about FFE.

+Quote Post
Ashe
post Dec 21 2005, 06:58 PM
Post #8

tainted angel
Group Icon

Member No.: 1130

Somone on FFE wsa arguing that everyone else steals, and that its all 'generic' info anyway. But that's bullshit. Everything here is written in Kaj + Co.'s OWN words. You'd think a site like FFE could actually use their content writer's to write it their OWN words. Seriously, they're losers. But hey, there are lots like them in all walks of life. At least we know who's in the right ^^;;

--------------------
"I never blamed you, not once. You came for me, that's all that matters."
+Quote Post
Turquoise Reed
post Dec 22 2005, 08:20 AM
Post #9

MidnightBlue
Group Icon

Member No.: 1674

Great giants, you're right Otikeu! They completely ripped XII.net off!

Screw these guys called Ben and Dave, i'm going over there right now!

This post has been edited by Turquoise Reed: Dec 22 2005, 08:35 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
nataru
post Dec 22 2005, 11:58 AM
Post #10

they ripped from ff7-doc.com as well

--------------------
+Quote Post
Turquoise Reed
post Dec 22 2005, 12:38 PM
Post #11

MidnightBlue
Group Icon

And GameFAQs too, to a certain extent (i'm also a veteran there). Let's take this to the FFE boards, eh Nataru?

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
nataru
post Dec 22 2005, 01:08 PM
Post #12

QUOTE(Turquoise Reed @ Dec 22 2005, 12:38 PM) *

And GameFAQs too, to a certain extent (i'm also a veteran there). Let's take this to the FFE boards, eh Nataru?

im way ahead of you..

also it seems adventchildren.net was robbed
theres so many people over there (ff7 fanboys >.>) if they knew ffextreme would be so dead

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dark Paladin Kahless
post Dec 23 2005, 03:25 AM
Post #13

Holy Member

Member No.: 893

http://www.ffextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3113

before you sign on, know the guy who you're believing on this. He seems to be a bit off, judging by the comments of the other posters, including IMing one guy and saying "I hope you're burning in hell" for no reason.

Not saying they're right, just -- be a bit cautious.
+Quote Post
Dave
post Dec 23 2005, 04:31 AM
Post #14

Member No.: 1857

How I knew Otikeu would be a prat here too smile.gif

QUOTE(Otikeu @ Dec 20 2005, 03:24 AM) *

So, for now, lets just hope FFE falls. Also, I'm running out of time, but they need to be reported to Google Adsense for using their ads on pages with stolen content. Thanks...

The FFE community composes of about 2% of FF Extreme's hits. Even if you somehow managed to get the entire 9000 member forum to never come back to FF Extreme, you wouldn't scrape the surface.

Google doesn't give a shit, none of the content is actually copyrighted, putting a copyright notice on the bottom of the page isnt actually copyrighting. There is a legal process involved.

And how kind of you to resort to mischief in your final hours at FF Extreme. You can't get your way so you simple delete content on sites you don't own, and delete news accounts. You are very mature Otikeu, you'll go far with that...

Thank you. I appreciate people that have some moral left. My crew spent many hours writing the stuff and some just 'easily' steal it. Well, it's my own fault too. I have no dislaimer+terms section, but I will bring those online any time soon. In that newspost on the site, I will show my disrespect towards FFE and give them negative propaganda.

If Otikeu wasnt a crappy staff member, there would be completely new FFXII content on our site right now. Unfortunately he let us down once again, and we have to do everything ourselves. Staff are extremely unreliable, it is because of shitty staff that the content is there in the first place.

QUOTE(Otikeu @ Dec 20 2005, 06:19 PM) *

I still don't see why they think, cause everyone else is stealing, they can? They keep putting their defense towards "everyone does it, that is the internet". That is just disgracful. Do they wanna be called a noob fan site? Cause that is what those type of websites are.

I dont recall saying that once, I believe my entire arguement didn't even brush up on that at all. Way to put words into my mouth

I appreciate you baring with me through the long time, and I am very mad at the administration for commiting such acts. Ben, one of the admins, ever stated that he was in contact with yo uand didn't want to give the credit since you were being (by what he said) rude, mean, threatening, etc. Though I am not sure wheither this is true or not, I do believe that the webmaster/owner would have the right to be mad and that, no matter what, if you continuing to use their content, you damn right put credit where it is due!

This is why I jumped off the handle, so to say. I do not appreciate him for backstabbing me and stealing content from a friend (owner of FF7-DoC.com). I tried to get to the FFXII section, but I couldn't after they finally kicked me out...

I would fully support a news article you would make about FFE.

You see, the webmaster of FF7: DoC was actually level headed about the situation, we came to an agreement that the content would be removed as fast as we could re-write it, and in exchange we would put a link on our site for him.

Unfortunately the webmaster of this site is not so civil, and threatened us constantly through email. Too bad non of his threats had any real backing, and the things he was saying he was going to do, were not going to happen (we have a legal advisor on staff, since we have a long history of retarded staff members and hackers).

QUOTE(Ashe @ Dec 21 2005, 01:58 PM) *

Somone on FFE wsa arguing that everyone else steals, and that its all 'generic' info anyway. But that's bullshit. Everything here is written in Kaj + Co.'s OWN words. You'd think a site like FFE could actually use their content writer's to write it their OWN words. Seriously, they're losers. But hey, there are lots like them in all walks of life. At least we know who's in the right ^^;;

We've written about 10x more content in our own words than FFXII has for themselves, because naturally we cover all games, and have a lot more content than them. Do not act like we don't do our own work. Just because we had a content writer who was a tool and decided it would be a good idea to submit FFXII's content to us, and not tell us he completely ripped off the site, doesnt mean our entire site is counterfeit.

also it seems adventchildren.net was robbed
theres so many people over there (ff7 fanboys >.>) if they knew ffextreme would be so dead

Half of our forum members came straight from adventchildren.net, they dont seem to care, nor does Summoner Yuna. I have spoken with her and told her the same thing I told the FFXII and FFVII: DoC webmaster. Its good to know some people have level heads.

before you sign on, know the guy who you're believing on this. He seems to be a bit off, judging by the comments of the other posters, including IMing one guy and saying "I hope you're burning in hell" for no reason.

Not saying they're right, just -- be a bit cautious.

Lets quote the webmaster to show just how smart he is:

I will show my disrespect towards FFE and give them negative propaganda.

Indeed, since your case is crap, you have to resort to lying to gain support. Nicely done good sir.
+Quote Post
Turquoise Reed
post Dec 23 2005, 07:13 AM
Post #15

MidnightBlue
Group Icon

You've got quite some nerve coming here, Dave. If it's because bad staff actually loaded the info onto your site, why dont you just delete it? Dont bother coming here and telling us it's okay because "nobody cares". Get a life, man.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Kaj
post Dec 23 2005, 08:20 AM
Post #16

Goodfella
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(Dave)

If Otikeu wasnt a crappy staff member, there would be completely new FFXII content on our site right now. Unfortunately he let us down once again, and we have to do everything ourselves. Staff are extremely unreliable, it is because of shitty staff that the content is there in the first place.

How lame of you to pin this on others. You are the OWNER, you are responsible. I contacted you and your crappy legal team multiple times about this issue and all I got back is crap. It is YOU that is SHIT, not Otikeu. In fact, he was the only one that responded to my emails. And how come my staff is more reliable than yours then?

//---
Dave you are a complete moron... You just inspired me to fire at your site the sooner. Retard, you don't deserve to have a Final Fantasy site... go and play somewhere else. FFExtreme may have many visitors per day, but your site is still retarted and by far not the best Final Fantasy site out there.

Your legal team doesn't frighten me. If I were you I'd change my attitude, or you will loose ground very soon and very fast.

All you care about is the money you gain from your stinken site. Well, at least hire some good staff to write your own content.

Very clever to go to war with so many sites. But I'm sure you are big enough to handle this, aren't you? Don't make me laugh tard.

--------------------
| Gotta love BG's BJ <3 <3 . v2.3 |
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Turquoise Reed
post Dec 23 2005, 08:33 AM
Post #17

MidnightBlue
Group Icon

... Go Kaj!

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Ashe
post Dec 23 2005, 12:13 PM
Post #18

tainted angel
Group Icon

Member No.: 1130

TR// ^ That really isn't appropriate TR. It's one thing to argue a point, but to sit there and have the entirity of your post say "Go whoever"? Please be a bit more mature. Either bring up a valid point, or shut it ^____^

//Dave: The REST of your content is not the issue here. I don't give a flying fuck if it's all counterfeit. Your staff stole FFXII.NET content, and you are OWNER. Therefore, it's your job to look into the issue. You couldn't just be a decent soul and remove the content, could you? Had to make a big hullabaloo over it, didn't you? Fuck, you're great, man. Real swell. When you pull your finger out, and your staff learn not to rip-off, and write ff12 content in their own words, FFE might become a half-worthy site. Kaj only did what any other site owner would do, in their right. He's not the one in the wrong here. You are. So, stop bitching, and do something about it. Have a terrific day ^______^

--------------------
"I never blamed you, not once. You came for me, that's all that matters."
+Quote Post
Dark Paladin Kahless
post Dec 23 2005, 04:57 PM
Post #19

Holy Member

Member No.: 893

Couldn't you give them a grace period to rewrite? It sounds as though Oetku made a pretty big muck of things just before he left. Including -- from the sound of things -- changing passwords and so on. I'm not sure it's fair to ask Dave to delete 20 pages of info when he may not be able to rewrite in a few days.

I'd be happy if he added a FFXII.net and a link at the bottom of the page.

I just don't see why we need to be in the middle of a fight between Dave and Oetku. I don't like plagerism, but I dislike "hacktivism" even more. What Oetku did was pretty distructive, and I don't like the thought of us giving him legitamacy by going to FFE and making a huge scene.

my 2 cents.
+Quote Post
Larien
post Dec 23 2005, 05:38 PM
Post #20

MY HEART DRAWS A DREAM...
Group Icon

Member No.: 901

QUOTE(Dark Paladin Kahless @ Dec 23 2005, 08:57 AM) *

Couldn't you give them a grace period to rewrite? It sounds as though Oetku made a pretty big muck of things just before he left. Including -- from the sound of things -- changing passwords and so on. I'm not sure it's fair to ask Dave to delete 20 pages of info when he may not be able to rewrite in a few days.

I'd be happy if he added a FFXII.net and a link at the bottom of the page.

I just don't see why we need to be in the middle of a fight between Dave and Oetku. I don't like plagerism, but I dislike "hacktivism" even more. What Oetku did was pretty distructive, and I don't like the thought of us giving him legitamacy by going to FFE and making a huge scene.

my 2 cents.

That's not really the point. They took the info without consent, and a link can't really make up for that - even if they did put it up. Since they were low enough to rip off the content, they ought to take it down immediately, and let the pages sit blank while they write up nice, original pages.

--------------------
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th February 2018 - 06:14 PM

Copyright 2003-2007 FFXII.Net - All Rights Reserved - Disclaimer
Final Fantasy XII, FFXII & FF12 are registered trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd.