Delusive
post Jun 28 2008, 09:53 PM
Post #1601

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 2987

QUOTE(joesmith123 @ Jun 28 2008, 09:48 PM) *

it's like if you eat half of the best steak of your life and immediately switch to a burger from McDonalds.

That would be horrible. Absolutely horrible.

shok.gif

If you order a PS3 from Japan, will you have to buy all the games from Japan as well then? Also, if that is the case do you speak/read Japanese?

I BELIEVE the PS3 console AND its games ARE region free. Though I'm not entirely sure, so I'd like if someone confirmed this for me before Lone goes on my word alone.

That still doesn't mean BC will work. I don't think the PS2 or PS1 games and system are region free so having a Japanese region PS3 probably won't play Australian PS1 and PS2 games.

I don't know the exact region codes of Japanese or Australian regions (I'm thinking Japan is NTSC - the same as us Americans and Australia is considered PAL though I'm not too sure).

--------------------
Most Anticipated Title(s): Mass Effect and Lost Odyssey
Now Playing: Halo 3, Blue Dragon, Call of Duty 2, and Gears of War
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Stealth
post Jun 28 2008, 10:58 PM
Post #1602

A Patriot

Group: Members
Member No.: 60

Delusive is exactly correct. PS3 games are region free, so you won't have a problem there. However, Blu-Rays (if you're into that kind of thing) are region coded. It also won't unlock region coded PS2/PS1 games. So you won't be able to play PAL (or whatever system Australia uses) PS2/PS1 games on a Japanese PS3.

--------------------
IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

81 Pages V « < 79 80 81
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2018 - 08:53 AM

Copyright 2003-2007 FFXII.Net - All Rights Reserved - Disclaimer
Final Fantasy XII, FFXII & FF12 are registered trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd.