> Official Playstation 3 Thread, Latest Release: Dark Sector
Stealth
post May 21 2006, 03:48 PM
Post #21

A Patriot

Group: Members
Member No.: 60

Free internet? Wtf are you on about?

Also, Sony is only kidding themselves with the rumble feature. They just don't want to pay Immersion Corp. for the license, with good reason mind you.

--------------------
IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
joesmith123
post May 21 2006, 05:28 PM
Post #22

Cor Blimey!
Group Icon

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 866

Makaveli, I was well aware that you were joking with me. biggrin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

Thanks again to Snake for another great sig. As always his work on my behalf is greatly appreciated.
+Quote Post
andrzej
post May 21 2006, 06:14 PM
Post #23

Big Boss
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 345

QUOTE(Stealth @ May 21 2006, 08:48 AM) *

i think he means that there won't necessarily be a charge like XBOX Live to be online on or for the PS3

although Sony plans to lauch the 'PlayStation Network Platform' that is free for certain things, but there is a charge for other features

--------------------
last.fm
mgs4 has come and gone... oh how the time flies

♥SNAKE ARE YOU INFECTED WITH FOXDIE?
...BECAUSE I JUST FELT MY HEART STOP

NET WIKI! & NET-AE
+Quote Post
Jeg
post May 21 2006, 08:03 PM
Post #24

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 789

QUOTE(joesmith123 @ May 21 2006, 11:28 AM) *

Makaveli, I was well aware that you were joking with me. biggrin.gif
Sure...

Anyways, the controller looks sweet! I'm glad it's like the PS2 controller! Yes! It's too bad it doesn't vibrate...I get a lot of pleasure when my controller rumbles!

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Fox
post May 21 2006, 08:07 PM
Post #25

Ninja Fox - The Silent Menace
Group Icon

Member No.: 2280

.......Dude that is NOT cool!!! ....aaaah mental images!!!!!!!!!!

On topic: Yeah controller is sweet...it;s like "DUALSHOCK +", which is always good. THe bananarang was just poor in comparison.

--------------------
PSN: "corneliusfingers"
twitter: @corneliusfinger
Blog: Games Under the Knife
+Quote Post
L.J.
post May 21 2006, 09:03 PM
Post #26

?!?!
Group Icon

Member No.: 561

QUOTE(andrzej @ May 21 2006, 02:14 PM) *

QUOTE(Stealth @ May 21 2006, 08:48 AM) *

i think he means that there won't necessarily be a charge like XBOX Live to be online on or for the PS3

although Sony plans to lauch the 'PlayStation Network Platform' that is free for certain things, but there is a charge for other features

No. Microtransactions is how they will make money.

The online is free, everything I listed.

Also, Sony is only kidding themselves with the rumble feature. They just don't want to pay Immersion Corp. for the license, with good reason mind you.

The rumble will be in the final Ps3 controller I'm pretty sure or some 3rd party company will make a controller for the Ps3 that features rumble for the Ps3.

@Snake

What in blue fuck dude?

The price about the UK thing is already there in my first post. Why the fuck post that? Its old shit.

Also about the Ps3 controller, when did I say the Ps3 controller won't have rumble? From what I know I just said the Ps3 controller in the end will have rumble someway or another. Sony will find a way but they just don't want to pay Immersion. Immersion is just crying like a fucking baby now because Sony told to them "shut the fuck up with that ruble shit". Sony ain't paying them shit.

By the way, would just just stop posting old shit. Read my first post before you post something that is already there.

This post has been edited by Snake: Apr 25 2012, 06:14 PM

--------------------

L.
J.

+Quote Post
a_vasi
post May 21 2006, 09:45 PM
Post #27

"What is the cost of my immortality?" - Kaim Argonar
Group Icon

Member No.: 2181

QUOTE(X-Master @ May 21 2006, 09:03 PM) *

The rumble will be in the final Ps3 controller I'm pretty sure

…and I am pretty sure that it will not, they would have announced something at E3 '06 otherwise.

or some 3rd party company will make a controller for the Ps3 that features rumble for the Ps3.

I don't know...and even if that happens, it could maybe take a while...

--------------------
IPB Image

Blue Dragon has arrived !!!
Lost Odyssey coming Holiday 2007 ^_^
+Quote Post
L.J.
post May 21 2006, 09:50 PM
Post #28

?!?!
Group Icon

QUOTE(a_vasi @ May 21 2006, 05:45 PM) *

…and I am pretty sure that it will not, they would have announced something at E3 '06 otherwise.

Why would they when its not implemented yet? Bust your lips too early there.

or some 3rd party company will make a controller for the Ps3 that features rumble for the Ps3.

I don't know...and even if that happens, it could maybe take a while...

Yeah, well all know Madcatz. They will probably bring it out 1 week after the Ps3 launch.

This post has been edited by X-Master: May 21 2006, 09:51 PM

--------------------

L.
J.

+Quote Post
a_vasi
post May 21 2006, 10:27 PM
Post #29

"What is the cost of my immortality?" - Kaim Argonar
Group Icon

Member No.: 2181

QUOTE(X-Master @ May 21 2006, 09:50 PM) *

QUOTE(a_vasi @ May 21 2006, 05:45 PM) *

Why would they when its not implemented yet? Bust your lips too early there.

If implemented or not, they could/should have mentioned something at E3’06;...one of the “Biggest gaming Events in History”...

Fact is, we both don’t know; it would just seem very unlikely to me, but I would welcome the surprise.

--------------------
IPB Image

Blue Dragon has arrived !!!
Lost Odyssey coming Holiday 2007 ^_^
+Quote Post
N2Y
post May 25 2006, 06:33 PM
Post #30

Wiiii Love PS3... and Jessica Alba! And Penelope Cruz!
Group Icon

Member No.: 734

^A bit more optimistic would be nice. wink.gif

It's Sony! They couldve announced their motion sensing last E3 too, since they had been working on this for yeaaars now (according to Sony themselves).

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
xx-Kadaj-xx
post May 25 2006, 11:20 PM
Post #31

Ultimate Member

Member No.: 2191

^^ We will have to wait until TGS until the final say...

Sony will probably reveal everything then!!

--------------------
xx-xx--xx-xx--xx-xx--xx-xx--xx-xx--xx-xx--xx-xx--xx-xx--xx-xx--xx-xx
+Quote Post
Snake
post May 28 2006, 06:15 AM
Post #32

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 955

I have been hearing RUMORS that the Playstation 3 could experience a price drop somewhere's between 100 - 200 dollars before it releases. Then, I also heard, that after the debackle and everything Sony has experienced, the rumble feature MIGHT make a comeback.

Here are reasonings to these RUMORS ~

Rumor Reasoning Number One:

The price drop.

Okay, let's get this straight. Who releases a console that is 600 dollars? I mean, come on. There is such a thing as competition. Yes, maybe all the things that are deep inside the Playstation 3 are very powerful, but still. Whatever happened to taking loses, just to please customers. Yeah, that's what I thought.

Okay, you (points to X-Master) have to realize the major market here. Most gamers are children, kids, pre-teens, teens, and young adults. Most of which can not get a job, or un-able to get one. So, what are you saying, that "As long as I get a Playstation 3, fuk everybody else."?

You just mineswell say that. Since.... what parent(s) (in their right mind) would buy their child a 600 dollar game console. ? (crickets sing)

Then you have to realize the economy of places around the globe. Not every teen can just up and say, "I need a job.. I am going to go get one.. I will apply there... Oh, I got the job." It's not that easy. Most jobs require skills that most people do not have. So, just telling people to go get a job, is rather a put down, than giving advice.

Then you have to factor in the cost of living. The cost of living is just high.. and well, anybody who can work, and actually save up that money in no time, can just give themselves a pat on the back. Yeah, maybe older people can, but the YOUTH buys more video games.

Yes, maybe 25 year olds (and older) can afford it, but give me a margin of older people playing video games, and tell me that margin is greater than the youth, and I will gladly be on your side.

Rumor Reasoning Number Two:

The rumble feature.

Get out of your fanboyism right here, and realize that the tilting feature is not that great.

(1) Older games (such as Ps1 and Ps2 games) will not be able to take advantage of this feature. Then, when one plays those games, they will experience a non-movable controller, and will likely be bored. The rumble feature adds excitement, and if it is in the Ps3 controller, then it will be compatible with almost all older games.

(2) How many Ps3 games will implement the tilt feature. And, if all do, how positive are we of how it is going to be in the games. It could turn out a total wreck.

So, with those things in mind, we have to say to ourselves, "We need the rumble feature!". Trust me, we do! And, I really don't care if Sony has to pay Immersion, if Microsoft can do it, so can Sony. Most people will feel post-pardum depression without the feature.

The people who say, "Well, I never felt the vibration anyways.", will be shocked when they feel nothing coming from the controller. All these years, we have experienced it, we will notice it not there. It will aggravate us much!

---------

You might bring up the games, and that would be directed to the price. I tell you, well there isn't many games that I am saying "Oh my GOD!" to. Yeah, there are some great games, but the games aren't really worth the 600 dollars. Even if the Playstation 3 has Linux, BD-Drive, Cell, and RSX (amongst other things), it is still a console.

I would say that 500 dollars is a good price point for the uber console. 600 dollars is just too vast of a number. I really think Sony is really testing the waters with that price point. They are seeing the reaction of gamers, and most likely they are seeing negative feedback.

AND also, Sony has lied about this tilting thing. If they really had this idea first, then how come this idea wasn't shown at E3 2005. Nintendo showed the tilting controller first, and lets face it, Sony copied them. There's no way that Sony could have known about this tilting crap first.

I am a major Playstation fanboy too, but sometimes we have to get past the excitement, and look at the facts in black and white.

Also read this... it's a great read:

http://gear.ign.com/articles/709/709495p1.html

And this:

Japanese gamers think the PS3 is too expensive
by Ian Stanfield

Famitsu, a leading Japanese video games magazine, has recently published a reader survey regarding next generation consoles.

88.4% of Famitsu's readership think the PS3's pricepoint is too high, while 10% believe that the price is just right. 73% believe that the Wii will be top dog this generation, with the PS3 trailing behind. Famitsu also collected the following data:

Famitsu readers' biggest news of E3
1. PlayStation 3's price and release date announcement
2. Final Fantasy XIII announcement
3. Nintendo's Wii price/release date no-show
4. Nintendo Wii title line-up announcement
5. Announcement of Super Smash Brothers X on Wii
6. Announcement of Nintendo Wii controller details
7. Announcement of Dragon Quest Sword, available at Wii launch
8. Nintendo Wii Zelda details/demo
9. Announcement of details concerning PlayStation 3
10. New games announced for Nintendo DS
11. New details on PlayStation3 controller
12. Display of Wii controllers at the Nintendo booth
13. Hideo Kojima's presentation at the Konami Digital Entertainment press conference
14. Announcement of Resident Evil games coming to Wii
15. 27 titles playable for Wii at the Nintendo booth
16. Compatibility of Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles between DS and Wii
17. Announcement of "WiiConnect24" online service for Wii
18. A Microsoft executive's comments that "PlayStation 3 is expensive"
19. Play reports of Zelda on Wii
20. Announcement of Monster Hunter 3 on PlayStation 3

from PS3land

This post has been edited by kamari-ice: May 28 2006, 06:55 AM
+Quote Post
AthrunZala
post May 28 2006, 07:28 AM
Post #33

Holy Member

Member No.: 1732

About the PS3 price...

http://lexluthor.ytmnd.com/

enjoy... LOL !

--------------------
IPB Image
One session left...
+Quote Post
LoneWolf
post May 28 2006, 08:07 AM
Post #34

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 828

I was once playing a game and had accidently turned off the rumble (I think it may have been FF7 or FF8). I knew something was wrong when I was playing, but I couldn't work out what. It took me two hours of playing to realise the controller wasn't shaking. wink.gif

I think a price drop by $100 close to the release is very possible, but I'm not going to putting any money on it.

This post has been edited by LoneWolf: May 28 2006, 08:08 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
Signiture made by Charlie (different forum, 2002)
+Quote Post
L.J.
post May 28 2006, 08:56 PM
Post #35

?!?!
Group Icon

Holy shit. This is like a hostory essay. IPB Image. Bolding is your friend.

I have been hearing RUMORS that the Playstation 3 could experience a price drop somewhere's between 100 - 200 dollars before it releases. Then, I also heard, that after the debackle and everything Sony has experienced, the rumble feature MIGHT make a comeback.

The rumble might make a comback but price? Hell no. Sony already loses a good amount of money on the Ps3 and you expect them to drop the price even before the launch? What the fuck? You are definately not a business minded person are you? Sony is in it to REAP PROFITS!

Second of all, Sony KNOWS, they clearly KNOW that the Ps3 will easily sellout on launch. All their units will be sold regardless of the price. So why drop the price? After that, Sony will drop the price for the mass market.

Stop feeding crock into people's mouth.

Okay, let's get this straight. Who releases a console that is 600 dollars? I mean, come on. There is such a thing as competition. Yes, maybe all the things that are deep inside the Playstation 3 are very powerful, but still. Whatever happened to taking loses, just to please customers. Yeah, that's what I thought.

Taking $400 losses per console for consumers? You will never be a CEO. Cut the bullshit kid. If you can't afford it, wait for a fucking price drop. Just save up some money or get a job and buy the damn thing when its out, this shit is so old and please drop the damn topic about the price already, some people just don't know when to stop.

Competition, Nintendo has its own niche fanbase that won't do any harm to the Ps3 regardless of the Ps3 price, people don't see the Wii with the Madden or all of the EA games on it therefore that puts Nintendo automatically out of Ps3 competition's range. Even the Wii's pricing won't affect the Ps3.

Xbox360 on the other hand is giving the Ps3 direct competition but the fact you are missing is; Ps3 can drop its price over time and gain the marketshare it had lost in the beginning by bringing in new customers that will probably never play games(AV enthusiasts). Xbox360 also is pretty expensive for what it offers so if people(causals)can spend that much money on an Xbox360. Once they(casual consumers)realise the technology behind the Ps3, they won't really find it hard to swallow the $200 difference. That's before the Ps3 price drops comes of course, don't forget all the games that the Ps3 has coming out in 2007 that gamers will really itch to play so at some time they will fork out the money for it.

Okay, you (points to X-Master) have to realize the major market here. Most gamers are children, kids, pre-teens, teens, and young adults. Most of which can not get a job, or un-able to get one. So, what are you saying, that "As long as I get a Playstation 3, fuk everybody else."?

I'm going to get a Ps3, of course. All those age category you listed, children/kids are the same fucking thing and they will probably go for the Wii's or the Nintendo handheld line anyways. Teenagers and young adults are what Sony is aiming for and those people CAN GET A FUCKING JOB.

You just mineswell say that. Since.... what parent(s) (in their right mind) would buy their child a 600 dollar game console. ? (crickets sing)

I don't know where you live but where I live, if a child wanted a Xbox360 and his parents got him Intellivision, how would the child feel? It really depends, I think most parents will fork out the money. Do you even know the NA market well? Most parents would do anything to shut up their kids. I'm not saying this is a fact but I'm just assuming like you did about parents not buying their kids a Ps3.

Then you have to realize the economy of places around the globe. Not every teen can just up and say, "I need a job.. I am going to go get one.. I will apply there... Oh, I got the job." It's not that easy. Most jobs require skills that most people do not have. So, just telling people to go get a job, is rather a put down, than giving advice.

Oh my fucking god. Getting a part-time job is not like some kind of a fucking career that will be in your life forever, it can be a simple cashier job, jeez. If the economy is bad in a country where there are a lot of unemployed residents, well that country was never big on gaming in the first place.

Then you have to factor in the cost of living. The cost of living is just high.. and well, anybody who can work, and actually save up that money in no time, can just give themselves a pat on the back. Yeah, maybe older people can, but the YOUTH buys more video games.

Wow. You're annoying. People buy new cars, new houses, furniture, spoil their kids, buy new stereos, tv's etc...

Yes, they won't buy the Ps3 as a gaming console for $600 but if they see the features or if they want to buy one for their kids, it won't be a problem.

You're really taking the $600 thing like its a fucking nuclear bomb in the gaming world.

Seriously man.

Yes, maybe 25 year olds (and older) can afford it, but give me a margin of older people playing video games, and tell me that margin is greater than the youth, and I will gladly be on your side.

Fucksakes. Fucking 16 year olds can afford it, hell, even 15 year olds. Same old point.

Older games (such as Ps1 and Ps2 games) will not be able to take advantage of this feature. Then, when one plays those games, they will experience a non-movable controller, and will likely be bored. The rumble feature adds excitement, and if it is in the Ps3 controller, then it will be compatible with almost all older games.

How many Ps3 games will implement the tilt feature. And, if all do, how positive are we of how it is going to be in the games. It could turn out a total wreck.

So, with those things in mind, we have to say to ourselves, "We need the rumble feature!". Trust me, we do! And, I really don't care if Sony has to pay Immersion, if Microsoft can do it, so can Sony. Most people will feel post-pardum depression without the feature.

The people who say, "Well, I never felt the vibration anyways.", will be shocked when they feel nothing coming from the controller. All these years, we have experienced it, we will notice it not there. It will aggravate us much!-

That was a fucking waste of my time to read. Vibration missing does suck but Sony can always change its mind on that, its easy. Some 3rd party company can always make a controller that will include the vibration function in it for the Sony console. Though, you saying, the tilting feature suck and won't have a good value to games is just fucking redundant. Really, thanks for sharing.

You might bring up the games, and that would be directed to the price. I tell you, well there isn't many games that I am saying "Oh my GOD!" to. Yeah, there are some great games, but the games aren't really worth the 600 dollars. Even if the Playstation 3 has Linux, BD-Drive, Cell, and RSX (amongst other things), it is still a console.

Yeah, you didn't say "wow" for MGS4 or Lair, I bet you didn't even say it for Heavenly Sword, oh wait, not even Motorstorm? All these games are 50% complete and they are alredy competing with some of Xbox360's best games like Gears of Wars, actually some of the Ps3 games aren't even half-done, they are like quarter-done. Ps3 with all that is worth $600 whether you like it or not, yes it is a game console and that's why it still lets the user play all the great games.

I would say that 500 dollars is a good price point for the uber console. 600 dollars is just too vast of a number. I really think Sony is really testing the waters with that price point. They are seeing the reaction of gamers, and most likely they are seeing negative feedback.

Not really, its just the post-E3 effect everyone is having, now everyone is just getting use to it and planning how to get the $600 unlike you, still fucking bitching about it.

AND also, Sony has lied about this tilting thing. If they really had this idea first, then how come this idea wasn't shown at E3 2005. Nintendo showed the tilting controller first, and lets face it, Sony copied them. There's no way that Sony could have known about this tilting crap first.

Oh my fucking god, Microsoft had it first. Nintendo and Sony copied them. Get your fucking facts straight. Holy shit, its like someone could point out the facts and this kid just blindly past them.

I am a major Playstation fanboy too, but sometimes we have to get past the excitement, and look at the facts in black and white.

What facts? You bitching at Sony and their price. Dude, you plainly can't afford one, get a job.

88.4% of Famitsu's readership think the PS3's pricepoint is too high, while 10% believe that the price is just right. 73% believe that the Wii will be top dog this generation, with the PS3 trailing behind. Famitsu also collected the following data:

Famitsu readers' biggest news of E3
1. PlayStation 3's price and release date announcement
2. Final Fantasy XIII announcement
3. Nintendo's Wii price/release date no-show
4. Nintendo Wii title line-up announcement
5. Announcement of Super Smash Brothers X on Wii
6. Announcement of Nintendo Wii controller details
7. Announcement of Dragon Quest Sword, available at Wii launch
8. Nintendo Wii Zelda details/demo
9. Announcement of details concerning PlayStation 3
10. New games announced for Nintendo DS
11. New details on PlayStation3 controller
12. Display of Wii controllers at the Nintendo booth
13. Hideo Kojima's presentation at the Konami Digital Entertainment press conference
14. Announcement of Resident Evil games coming to Wii
15. 27 titles playable for Wii at the Nintendo booth
16. Compatibility of Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles between DS and Wii
17. Announcement of "WiiConnect24" online service for Wii
18. A Microsoft executive's comments that "PlayStation 3 is expensive"
19. Play reports of Zelda on Wii
20. Announcement of Monster Hunter 3 on PlayStation 3

Dragon Quest 9 announcement for the Ps3 at TGS will seal Sony's reign in Japan. Sorry buddy. Normally, all this poll and bullshit don't mean shit when it comes to what's going to happen for REAL.

I'm done with your bullshit.

About the PS3 price...

enjoy... LOL !

You didn't had to post that here, you could have made a new thread or post it in the other thead where this some other guy(forgot his name)posted the funny Sony video which was on Youtube.

Seriously, some people are just....

I think a price drop by $100 close to the release is very possible, but I'm not going to putting any money on it.

A price drop just simply won't happen before the launch.

Just to let everyone know, there is a fucking $500 RETARD PACK THAT SONY IS OFFERING!

You people that are complaining about the price forget about that pack?

This post has been edited by X-Master: May 28 2006, 11:56 PM

--------------------

L.
J.

+Quote Post
tanjavasi
post May 28 2006, 11:02 PM
Post #36

|| Lost Odyssey ||
Group Icon

Member No.: 980

QUOTE(X-Master @ May 28 2006, 03:56 PM) *
About the PS3 price...
enjoy... LOL !
You didn't had to post that here, you could have made a new thread or post it in the other thead where this some other guy(forgot his name)posted the funny Sony video which was on Youtube.

Seriously, some people are just....

I agree...it should have been posted in the already existing thread which a_vasi has started, link:
http://www.ffxii.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=6232

Having said that...thanks for posting that video AthrunZala; I thought it was hilarious laugh.gif

--------------------

IPB Image

My Gametrailers.com Videos Channel! | Xbox360 RPGs: LINK!

- - -
Currently playing: Mass Effect (Xbox360), Lost Planet (Xbox360) & The Bouncer (PS2)
+Quote Post
LoneWolf
post May 29 2006, 01:58 AM
Post #37

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 828

I worked out about a week ago how I'm going to afford the PS3. I could be getting it as early as January 07. biggrin.gif

The Wii's been majorly over hyped at E3. Sony's dull press conference practically made everyone ignore them, and the 360 was never going to do anything. TGS will turn everyone back, I can't wait. Dragon Quest 9 for PS3 would turn a lot of fans, an FF7 remake would turn more. I don't particularly want it, but if it was announced, the PS3 would instantly get all the hype. If the remake was announced at the start of November, the PS3 would carry the hype right through the consoles release. ^^

Wii graphics-

IPB Image

This post has been edited by LoneWolf: May 29 2006, 02:00 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
Signiture made by Charlie (different forum, 2002)
+Quote Post
Xcalibur
post May 29 2006, 02:46 AM
Post #38

Holy Member

Member No.: 1809

BTW Xmaster great Job with this thread!
+Quote Post
L.J.
post May 29 2006, 03:34 PM
Post #39

?!?!
Group Icon

QUOTE(Xcalibur @ May 28 2006, 10:46 PM) *

BTW Xmaster great Job with this thread!

Even though we are arguing about the Wii in the other thread, we are still cool. Thanks for the comment. You're cool.

This post has been edited by X-Master: May 29 2006, 03:42 PM

--------------------

L.
J.

+Quote Post
Xcalibur
post May 29 2006, 04:34 PM
Post #40

Holy Member

Member No.: 1809

Yea.I'm a really big sony fan as well. laugh.gif
I'm definitely gonna get the ps3.Its clearly the best console and even though the price may be a little high I have been saving up for a while so it won't make that much of a difference.It has all the games that I want so I'm getting it.
+Quote Post

81 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th January 2018 - 01:42 PM

© Copyright 2003-2007 FFXII.Net - All Rights Reserved - Disclaimer
Final Fantasy XII, FFXII & FF12 are registered trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd.