Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

81 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Official Playstation 3 Thread, Latest Release: Dark Sector
N2Y
post May 29 2006, 04:49 PM
Post #41

Wiiii Love PS3... and Jessica Alba! And Penelope Cruz!
Group Icon

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 734

Like X-Master said, getting a job is a PIECE of CAKE. Dont say its hard, Im 16 and I work at a supermarket 8 hours a week. Not hard, and still I get 150 euros a month.

How did I get the job? Eh, walk over to the super market, asked the guy if I could get a job and he said yes. That's all you go to do... wink.gif

Unless youre 18+, then you do got to try a bit harder, haha.

--------------------
IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Roland
post May 29 2006, 05:09 PM
Post #42

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 5

QUOTE(new2ya @ May 29 2006, 12:49 PM) *
Like X-Master said, getting a job is a PIECE of CAKE. Dont say its hard, Im 16 and I work at a supermarket 8 hours a week. Not hard, and still I get 150 euros a month.
Wow, 8 hours a week? You can't even afford a piece of cake if you want to save up for a PS3.

--------------------
IPB Image
Official Naruto community: Hokage's Room
+Quote Post
N2Y
post May 29 2006, 07:47 PM
Post #43

Group Icon

QUOTE(Roland @ May 29 2006, 05:09 PM) *

QUOTE(new2ya @ May 29 2006, 12:49 PM) *
Wow, 8 hours a week? You can't even afford a piece of cake if you want to save up for a PS3.

Hehe, I know, but at least I got money. You hear me complain? wink.gif
Maybe in the summer Ill work some extra and at least I could get a PS3 if I want to. But maybe its smarter to let it pass just to be sure I can get both a PSP and PS3 (I want both... wink.gif)

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Xcalibur
post May 30 2006, 12:28 PM
Post #44

Holy Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1809

Ok, I have a couple of questions then.

1) Will the GT game for the ps3 have damage modelling and online play?

2)The ps3 costs more than any other console and hence you would expect its specs and performance to better than the other 2 Yet I have heard people saying that "When you compare Gears of War to the best Ps3 games then there isn't much too choose and that its really up to the game developers and that is why some of The ps3 games look better than the 360 games and how games like Blue Dragon and Lost Oddesey will show how graphically capable the 360 is.
So In your opinion how much of an advantage does the ps3 has in graphics?
+Quote Post
BohemianAndy
post May 30 2006, 02:46 PM
Post #45

Dentist brah
Group Icon

Member No.: 1071

QUOTE(Xcalibur @ May 30 2006, 08:28 PM) *

2)The ps3 costs more than any other console and hence you would expect its specs and performance to better than the other 2 Yet I have heard people saying that "When you compare Gears of War to the best Ps3 games then there isn't much too choose and that its really up to the game developers and that is why some of The ps3 games look better than the 360 games and how games like Blue Dragon and Lost Oddesey will show how graphically capable the 360 is.

1) Yes there will be online play, however, I'm not sure about damage modelling

2) PS3 games are still in their primitive development, and have not reached the boundaries of the PS3's maximum graphical output...yet. Wait a couple of years, and you will see games that are FAR more impressive than MGS4 etc. Remember the beginning of the PS2, and games like DOA2 and Tekken Tag? And then graphically-more impressive games like MGS 3, Black etc came out a few years after. It takes developers TIME to discover the true potential of a consoles limits.

The PS3 will employ Blu-Ray technology, which is barely even on the market yet. In America, the cheapest Blu-Ray players (I've seen) cost at least $1000 by itself. The PS3 will include a state-of-the-art Cell processor, multi-player capability, online play, 1080p resolution HD support, the RSX graphics chip....and more. So, for people to say that the PS3 is unjustifiably costing more than other consoles is purely ignorant. In fact, Sony is losing out, from production costs VS profit. The price of the PS3 is quite generous, considering its next-gen constituents, and introductory market technology. If your so eager to see if the PS3 truly stands aside the XBOX 360, from solely judging Gears of War against PS3 games which aren't even released yet/still in development...well..you have some thinking to do. Wait 1-2 years, and you will see the possibilities. However, just to quell your curiosity of the PS3 VS XBOX 360 graphics-battle a little - many technology analysts have predicted numerous times that the PS3 will be graphically competitive with the XBOX 360, and will be only slightly more "powerful".

Later

This post has been edited by BohemianAndy: May 30 2006, 02:51 PM

--------------------
<3 FT//GRG2//Sarah
+Quote Post
Roland
post May 30 2006, 03:00 PM
Post #46

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(BohemianAndy @ May 30 2006, 10:46 AM) *
from solely judging Gears of War against PS3 games which aren't even released yet/still in development...well..you have some thinking to do.
You have to remember that Gears of War is also still in development.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
L.J.
post May 30 2006, 03:02 PM
Post #47

?!?!
Group Icon

Member No.: 561

QUOTE(Xcalibur @ May 30 2006, 08:28 AM) *

Yes and yes.

Gears of Wars, every Xbox fan will choose this game to compare it to the earliest builds of the Ps3 games, you know why? Its their best game and isn't it a compliment to Ps3 fans to have them doing that? Because they know that some of the very early builds of the Ps3 game matches the graphical capabilities of a game that has been under development for over 1 year or more.

I mean Gears of Wars was running under 15 frames per second, what the fuck? There were some games on the Ps3 that were early as hell and manage to run at 60fps constanst and the graphics were damn impressive as hell as well.

That says something.

How much of an advantage? Xbox360 and Ps3 3rd party games will be very indentical except for a few select 3rd party games.

Now, if you put the 1st party games in context, the Ps3 graphical outburst will outshine Xbox360's by quite some margin mainly because of the Cell and RSX. The RSX simply has more raw power then the Xbox360 chip and the processor in the Ps3 is better overall in all aspects.

--------------------

L.
J.

+Quote Post
Xcalibur
post May 30 2006, 08:15 PM
Post #48

Holy Member

Member No.: 1809

Next thing.

What is so Next gen about the ps3?
gen consoles, seeing how, I dont really see anything drastically different than what I play now. For a new generation of gaming to be established, I think a serious change is needed. Is it all because of marketing?

+Quote Post
N2Y
post May 30 2006, 08:42 PM
Post #49

Group Icon

Serious changes in PS3: graphics, power, memory, online, controller

If that is not next gen enough, you shouldnt have bought the PS2 either. It was just as revolutionary from the PS1 as the PS3 is from the PS2. wink.gif

Q: Some guy is saying that the games we saw running at E3 06 for the PS3 were actually running on an XBOX 360. Is this true?!

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Snake
post May 30 2006, 08:48 PM
Post #50

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 955

QUOTE(new2ya @ May 30 2006, 03:42 PM) *

Q: Some guy is saying that the games we saw running at E3 06 for the PS3 were actually running on an XBOX 360. Is this true?!

You are not the only person who has heard that.

It was leaked, and I caught wind of it right after E3.

I read something like: The games that we saw being played were actually run by the Xbox 360, since we seen the console (Xbox 360) running them in the background.

I wouldn't put it past Sony. But, yeah, you are not the only one who has heard that. They could have used the Xbox 360 for the games, and the final dev kits for the videos. Or, just probably the Xbox 360 for all of it.

You know, we really don't know what is being run behind closed curtains, until we get a leak like this one.
+Quote Post
N2Y
post May 30 2006, 08:55 PM
Post #51

Group Icon

But really... that kinda lowers Sony in a way. In fact, it is quite impossible, becuz they stated it was all running on dev kits... right?! xD

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Snake
post May 30 2006, 09:12 PM
Post #52

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 955

QUOTE(new2ya @ May 30 2006, 03:55 PM) *

But really... that kinda lowers Sony in a way. In fact, it is quite impossible, becuz they stated it was all running on dev kits... right?! xD

They also said that every video at E3 2005 was "real-time", but we still yet have seen the Killzone video this year.

So, it's not impossible. Sony can say that it is running on the actual Playstation 3, when it could be on the Final Dev Kits. We don't know. That's why we have to rely on leaks to get our information.

We won't really know how the games look, until we actually bye the console itself.

This post has been edited by kamari-ice: May 30 2006, 09:13 PM
+Quote Post
L.J.
post May 30 2006, 09:42 PM
Post #53

?!?!
Group Icon

Member No.: 561

QUOTE(new2ya @ May 30 2006, 04:42 PM) *

Serious changes in PS3: graphics, power, memory, online, controller

If that is not next gen enough, you shouldnt have bought the PS2 either. It was just as revolutionary from the PS1 as the PS3 is from the PS2. wink.gif

Yeah, you heard that probably for that game Assassins Creed which by the way was running on a PC. Nothing else.

All other games were using Ps3 developer kits. Nothing there to it.

--------------------

L.
J.

+Quote Post
Inhert
post May 31 2006, 02:40 PM
Post #54

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 804

At least we now know for sure that the PS3 will play second hand games... http://www.ps3portal.com/ps3/article/426.html

This post has been edited by Inhert: May 31 2006, 02:55 PM
+Quote Post
Fox
post May 31 2006, 02:54 PM
Post #55

Ninja Fox - The Silent Menace
Group Icon

Member No.: 2280

Motorstorm is ALMOST there though isn't it?

In fact, Motorstorm COULD have had the graphics we saw at E3...the reason it's a little difference is so you can actually play the game, rather than having mud block your view everytime you go over a puddle. They've also stopped the camera from shaking, so you can see where you're going.

Maybe less signals and things with the protagonists arm and things in Killzone, but things like the jet bike crash I think will still be in there at just as high quality.

--------------------
PSN: "corneliusfingers"
twitter: @corneliusfinger
Blog: Games Under the Knife
+Quote Post
xx-Kadaj-xx
post May 31 2006, 03:01 PM
Post #56

Ultimate Member

Member No.: 2191

The trailer for MOTORSTORM was amazing, but in a copy of OPS2 I have, it shows an in-game screen of it...and, well...it looks boring. The picture was pretty small though. I hope the final game is better.

And the Killzone trailer...do we know if that was actually in real-time...it sort of looked (in my opinion) too good to be an actual game.

In terms of graphics, I think the best game (an actual playable game) at the moment has to be Heavenly Sword.

This post has been edited by xx-Kadaj-xx: May 31 2006, 03:02 PM

--------------------
xx-xx--xx-xx--xx-xx--xx-xx--xx-xx--xx-xx--xx-xx--xx-xx--xx-xx--xx-xx
+Quote Post
Inhert
post May 31 2006, 03:04 PM
Post #57

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 804

Yeh, Motorstom still is impressive, but mud and buggies aint doing much for me at the moment. It all looks a bit slow (and yeh Ive seen the latest footage) and dull.
+Quote Post
Fox
post May 31 2006, 03:08 PM
Post #58

Group Icon

QUOTE(xx-Kadaj-xx @ May 31 2006, 04:01 PM) *

The trailer for MOTORSTORM was amazing, but in a copy of OPS2 I have, it shows an in-game screen of it...and, well...it looks boring. The picture was pretty small though. I hope the final game is better.

And the Killzone trailer...do we know if that was actually in real-time...it sort of looked (in my opinion) too good to be an actual game.

In terms of graphics, I think the best game (an actual playable game) at the moment has to be Heavenly Sword.

Killzone trailer was unlikely real time. I think they're holdingback showing it off again until it is as good as that trailer.

And I agree with Heavenly Sword...how stunning is that! I love the fights in the air, thats a nice feature.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Roland
post May 31 2006, 03:22 PM
Post #59

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Inhert @ May 31 2006, 10:40 AM) *

At least we now know for sure that the PS3 will play second hand games... http://www.ps3portal.com/ps3/article/426.html
How do you know for sure when even Sony doesn't? "We don't have any further knowledge about this topic - either officially or unofficially, to be frank."

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Fox
post May 31 2006, 03:31 PM
Post #60

Group Icon

Roland, I think that means they don't know any more about the speculation, rather than they don;t know if it'll play second hand games.

--------------------
+Quote Post

81 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th January 2018 - 10:50 AM

Copyright 2003-2007 FFXII.Net - All Rights Reserved - Disclaimer
Final Fantasy XII, FFXII & FF12 are registered trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd.