Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FFXII.Net Tutorials, Ask questions and/or post your own.
Snake
post Jul 21 2006, 08:22 AM
Post #21

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 955

QUOTE(-josh- @ Jul 21 2006, 02:52 AM) *

Ok thanks for the tips ^^ Anyway i had another go, with all your adivice! (spelling, LOL) anyway does anyone have a tut for enchaning stuff for like simple effect, and a nice grunge tut would be nice ^^ Im just asking biggrin.gif

NOOO what am i doing wrong T_T all my white brushing didnt come out!

Your welcome. biggrin.gif

Simple effect? What do you mean by that?

Grunge is pretty simple, you just get a grunge brush set from DeviantArt, and have at it. The more messier the better, but it also has to be noticeable, and not too over the top. Just search around the internet for grunge pictures. There's plenty out there, since grunge is a popular style in graphics. If you still do not get what grunge is, I will post a tutorial, or if I am lucky, someone will be nice enough to post their own.

Your graphic:

- Render ~ Good
- Text ~ Good
- Heart Design ~ Good
- Brushing ~ ZOMG!

Okay, with your brushing, you are leaving it looking like a block. Do you notice the rectangular shape it is making on the right? That is a big no no, in transparent signatures and graphics. If you can't help the fact that the brushing is forming a rectangular shape, then put the render in the middle, usually, that helps.

I notice the two white brushings that are coming out on the right. It doesn't look all that great. (Not being mean, sometimes tough love makes people learn). But, refer to my transparent signature I have made in my latest tutorial (excluding the font tutorial). Notice how the brushings surround the render, like an aura. It doesn't form a rectangular shape, or anything like that.

Keep on at it, though. Don't give up. You are getting it! Your graphic is halfway transparent. Just if you get it to look like a really good transparent signature, then you will have something great.

Also, don't be afraid to do brushings over the render, too. Hopefully, GIMP allows layers. I am not that picky about that, just yet. Focus on the other stuff, like the brushings in the back. Then, once you have that down pat, just start experimenting. Your a fast learner, though. Most people wouldn't have got as far as you did. biggrin.gif Good luck in your further attempts. I know you can do it. biggrin.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
-josh-
post Jul 21 2006, 01:09 PM
Post #22

Bleh
Group Icon

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 1975

^ thanks again ^^ , your not bieng mean at all. Here is another go, hopefully I won't need to use the edit button >.<

I'll have a go and grunge later. And by simple I mean kinda like Icons that are enchanced and like look cool! eh i tryed a filter but that didn't work too well ^^;

Thanks so much K-I , I think I did better on this one. Not to much brushing, hopefully it will be good.

IPB Image

Thanks for you help Sempai! ( <- new nick name from me!)

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Lady Sora
post Jul 22 2006, 03:00 PM
Post #23

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1677

THANK YOU KAMARIC ICE alot =)

And if I want to use a text that I download, the same thing I do?

Pardon my questions, plz bear 'em. XD

--------------------
IPB Image

IPB Image
+Quote Post
andrzej
post Jul 22 2006, 06:39 PM
Post #24

Big Boss
Group Icon

Member No.: 345

QUOTE(Lady Sora @ Jul 22 2006, 08:00 AM) *

THANK YOU KAMARIC ICE alot =)

And if I want to use a text that I download, the same thing I do?

Pardon my questions, plz bear 'em. XD
to install fonts you have to add them to Windows

so go to Start > Control Panel and then go to the Fonts folder.

then File > Install New Font

--------------------
last.fm
mgs4 has come and gone... oh how the time flies

♥SNAKE ARE YOU INFECTED WITH FOXDIE?
...BECAUSE I JUST FELT MY HEART STOP

NET WIKI! & NET-AE
+Quote Post
Xiitharn
post Jul 25 2006, 10:20 PM
Post #25

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1134

Thanks K-I. happy.gif

I was wondering if andrzej or Inhert would post a tutorial on one of their sigs; the ones I'm thinking are similar.. Inhert had a very snazzy signature of Yuna that looked very sparkly/misty..I hope you know the one I'm talking about?

EDIT: OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!

K-I, I hope you don't mind but I made to print out the transparency tutorial so I can refer to it, and when I pasted everything into Microsoft Word, your sig came out with a VERY nice white background!!!

Whyyyyyyy?!!!!!!!

If I posted it on another page that was a black or different colored background, would the image fit to it or just stay that blue? :S

SECOND EDIT: TRIED THE TUTORIAL, FUCKED UP ON SOME YELLOW BRUSHING, WHAT DO YOU GENIUSES THINK?! I used andrzej's saving instructions.

This post has been edited by Xiitharn: Jul 26 2006, 12:41 AM

--------------------
QUOTE(Nick @ May 5 2007, 04:05 PM) *
go Roger yourself with a Tuba you flappy-headed Canuck - your humour is hideous and your gayness knows no bounds!
+Quote Post
Snake
post Jul 26 2006, 03:38 AM
Post #26

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Xiitharn @ Jul 25 2006, 05:20 PM) *

Thanks K-I. happy.gif

I was wondering if andrzej or Inhert would post a tutorial on one of their sigs; the ones I'm thinking are similar.. Inhert had a very snazzy signature of Yuna that looked very sparkly/misty..I hope you know the one I'm talking about?

EDIT: OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!

K-I, I hope you don't mind but I made to print out the transparency tutorial so I can refer to it, and when I pasted everything into Microsoft Word, your sig came out with a VERY nice white background!!!

Whyyyyyyy?!!!!!!!

If I posted it on another page that was a black or different colored background, would the image fit to it or just stay that blue? :S

SECOND EDIT: TRIED THE TUTORIAL, FUCKED UP ON SOME YELLOW BRUSHING, WHAT DO YOU GENIUSES THINK?! I used andrzej's saving instructions.

One) Your welcome
Two) No, I don't mind at all. Actually, I think it's awesome that you printed it out (my work printed out.. never had that happen before... omg, that's so cool).

Two...continued: When you paste transparent images in MS Word, a color is subsituted for the blank space. I tried it, and the background came out black. shok.gif I wouldn't worry about that though, cause we are using the transparent sigs on the forums, and the forums only. MS Word is just... crud.

Three) Transparent, means transparent. You can use it on other forums, if you would like. smile.gif Just, MS Word doesn't agree with transparency, and it subsitutes it with a color. So, your current signature, can be used on other forums, as long as you saved it as a PSD file, use Ranniboy's way of saving, and find out what color the forum background was... so that you can save it as a GIF with the color code, like Ran explained.

RETRIEVING BACKGROUND COLORS
FOR Xiitharn
SOFTWARE USED internet browser, and Photoshop 7.0
HARDWARE USED computer, and PRT SCR button

Ever wondered what color the background to the forum is? You know it's a color, gray for example, but you don't know what type of gray. Well, you probably wouldn't figure out the name, but you can surely figure out the color code. smile.gif Follow these steps:

1) Go to the forum of your choice.
2) Scroll down until you can see a post: http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/1382/postzv1.jpg
3) Now hit PRT SCR on your keyboard. Usually, it's located at the top left hand corner, or the middle column rows, between the alpha keys and numeric keypad: http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/1174/mvc003fxb9.jpg
4) Open a new file in Photoshop - File>New (And, the amazing part about Photoshop, is the fact that it sets the width and height to the size of your monitor [i.e. 800x600, 1024x768... etc]). Then, Edit>Paste.. once you have the new document in Photoshop opened.: http://img488.imageshack.us/img488/2964/prtscrwo7.jpg
5) Then, get the color picker (or dropper, whatever you call it, but it's real name is the Eyedropper tool, located on the Toolbar: http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/149/tooldropperoi8.jpg ) and put it on the background, and click: http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/9171/eyedropperxn8.jpg
6) Now the pallette should have the color (The foreground color, should be the color of the forums. The foreground color, is the top square.): http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/262/foreje3.jpg
7) Now click on the foreground color square, and the color should show: http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/6229/colorcodeex5.jpg
8) And, then use that color code, for when you save, using andrzej's saving instructions. smile.gif

NOTE 1: If you save the transparent image in PNG format, depending on what type of PNG format you use, you can use it anywhere's, without getting the color code, and the background of the forum will show through.

NOTE 2: andrzej, has the proper color codes for this forum. This tutorial is only to retrieve color codes for the background of other forums.

NOTE 3: Ran, and Ranniboy, is andrzej. smile.gif

Four) Your new transparent sig is nice, really nice for the first time you ever tried it. I think you might be better than me, in the transparent signature section. Inhert will tell it like it is, though, no.. he's married to you, hevrae might tell you the truth, since he knows more about art than I do. smile.gif But, really, I think it's good. You will do better, though, as time goes by. smile.gif

@ -josh-: You're getting better. smile.gif Just work on the brushings in the background, and then, if you want, add some brushings in front of her. But, you are certainly getting better at it. smile.gif
+Quote Post
Xiitharn
post Jul 26 2006, 03:43 AM
Post #27

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

You are la genius.

I'd snog you on the spot if I wasn't engaged and dying to go to the piddly diddly department.

THNX.

--------------------
go Roger yourself with a Tuba you flappy-headed Canuck - your humour is hideous and your gayness knows no bounds!
+Quote Post
-josh-
post Jul 26 2006, 09:21 AM
Post #28

Bleh
Group Icon

I was wandering about a icon tut? I think it would be cool ^^

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
andrzej
post Jul 27 2006, 01:55 AM
Post #29

Big Boss
Group Icon

QUOTE(-josh- @ Jul 26 2006, 02:21 AM) *

I was wandering about a icon tut? I think it would be cool ^^
you mean like an avatar?

--------------------
last.fm

NET WIKI! & NET-AE
+Quote Post
-josh-
post Jul 27 2006, 11:04 AM
Post #30

Bleh
Group Icon

Yes.. kinda but an icon LOL Yes bascily

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Snake
post Jul 27 2006, 09:51 PM
Post #31

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(-josh- @ Jul 27 2006, 06:04 AM) *

Yes.. kinda but an icon LOL Yes bascily

Icon or Avatar? Which one do you want?

Ah, it doesn't matter, I will make tutorials on both. biggrin.gif

TUTORIAL (icon)
REQUESTED BY -josh-
SOFTWARE USED Photoshop 7.0

1) Open Photoshop
2) Go to (File>New)
3) Set the Height to 30, and the Width to 30. (Make sure both are labeled pixels, in the drop-down menu right beside to sizes).
4) Get the Zoom tool, and at the top of your Photoshop, click Fit On Screen. Your document should be zoomed in 1600%: http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/9289/zoomzf8.gif
5) Now, you can make anything you want, as an icon. The possibilities are endless; Smilies, Desktop Icons, etc.

Follow these steps to make a computer icon:

1) Make a small, yet big square with any gray color that you fancy. The square is going to be made with the Rectangle tool located on the Photoshop Toolbar. Icon on the right hand side, icon nine down. Here is the look of the square: http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/2574/computerframesr3.gif
2) Now make another square, a different color - possible choice ~ white, since that will be the screen. Make sure you put the screen, on a different layer.: http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/2909/screenlq4.gif
3) Now, it's time for the stand, tower, and other such things that come with a computer.
Stand: http://img56.imageshack.us/img56/2494/standjn4.png
Notice that I put it on a new layer, that is behind all the other layers. I made the stand with the line tool, located on the same button as the rectangle tool. I connected them, and made a triangle. Then, I filled the triangle that I formed, with the same color as the lines that formed the triangle. Layer 3 is the stand.
Tower: http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/9853/towerlx2.png
Layer 4 is the tower. I used the Rectangle Tool to form that. Layer 5 is one CD Drive, that I made with the Rectangle Tool also. It is of a different color, so it can stand out. Layer 5 Copy is another CD Drive, and also the button that turns the computer on.
Wire: http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/7721/wirerp5.png
I used the Pen Tool and Add Anchor Point to form the Wire. Now, with the Pen Tool still on, right click the line that is formed, and click Stroke Path. Before, though, make sure that you have a circular brush chosen.
Circle Brush: http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/8247/brushoa1.png
You can choose any size, but a medium sized brush is good, since it mimics a real wire. Real wires are not that thick, well, most of them anyways. I would choose Drop Shadows Brush Size 1 (I know I have 9 on the picture, but one works better). Drop Shadows Brushes are pre-installed in Photoshop. If you have another program, just choose a ciruclar brush that is size 1.
Stroked Path Wire: http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/3295/strokedwirewl6.png
4) Now, you can put a web page on the monitor if you want. I am going to use the FFXII.Net Forums page. Remember how to do this? Go to the page, and hit PRT SCR on your keyboard. Then, in Photoshop, open a document the size of you monitor (which it automatically sets it to, once you hit PRT SCR, which is awesome). Then, you set the size of the Width to 60 (Image>Image Size). Copy and paste that on top of the icon that you are making. It's a bit big, so you must lower the size, by scaling it smaller. You do this by (Edit>Transform>Scale)
Computer with Web Page: http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/5548/webtq2.png

Finished Product, using andrzej's way of saving:

IPB Image
+Quote Post
andrzej
post Jul 28 2006, 01:03 AM
Post #32

Big Boss
Group Icon

actually, computer icons are 32 by 32 px

and you have to save them as .ico not PNG

so you need the plugin for that format
http://www.telegraphics.com.au/sw/

--------------------
last.fm

NET WIKI! & NET-AE
+Quote Post
-josh-
post Jul 29 2006, 08:55 AM
Post #33

Bleh
Group Icon

Thanks K-I , I hope I' not asking to much XD I mght make some ff12 icons! .. maybe o_O

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Xiitharn
post Aug 2 2006, 05:07 PM
Post #34

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

I'm not sure if I mentioned this before or not but it'd be nice to see a tutorial for the type of sigs that Inhert makes - his current one with Paine. Those are beautiful.

--------------------
+Quote Post
hevrae
post Aug 2 2006, 07:12 PM
Post #35

Canela e Mazagăo
Group Icon

Member No.: 431

tongue.gif I wanna see one too >=D

--------------------
+Quote Post
Xiitharn
post Aug 3 2006, 12:24 AM
Post #36

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Well I made one out of the very unrestricted instructions that Inhert gave me over msn so...

IPB Image

Voila!

biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Airi
post Aug 3 2006, 02:26 AM
Post #37

s.u.r.v.i.v.e.

Group: Members
Member No.: 252

^^^ Very nice. But I think it would be best to rate in the siggys thread.

I'll be making a tut hopefully if I can make one.. haha!

--------------------

IPB Image
~*~Formly Known As XDarkDestinyX~*~
_/Myspace/\Livejournal\/Xanga\_
+Quote Post
-josh-
post Aug 8 2006, 10:48 AM
Post #38

Bleh
Group Icon

I tried it one last time!!!

I hope it works!

XD

IPB Image

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Snake
post Aug 15 2006, 06:09 PM
Post #39

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(-josh- @ Aug 8 2006, 05:48 AM) *

I tried it one last time!!!

I hope it works!

XD

IPB Image

No, that's not working.

You see, you have to be soft with your brushings, if you understand what I mean. smile.gif

The Anatomy of your Graphic:

IPB Image

See, the rectangular box that forms? That's all fine and dandy, if you are making a non-transparent signature. Even, though, my graphic abilities have been drained due to school coming up, and other stuff, I will try my best to show you the problems.

Problem 1) Did you put a Color Overlay on Vaan? If so, you shouldn't have done that. That makes him look awkward, and now he looks like he is blushing or something... big time. smile.gif

Problem 2) The whole top, and the top right form lines, which should never be in a transparent signature, unless there is a reason, and it looks good. In this case, it doesn't. So, stay away from making a rectangular shape.

Solving Problem 2) I see that you are probably working in a rectangular canvas, and putting all your stuff in it, and thinking it will look good. What you need to do is instead of making a 300X150 canvas, make a 500X500 canvas, so it would be much easier to see where the edges will end and such. Then, after that, you could crop the graphic, until it makes the size that you want. Though, this way, you have to be very cautious, and make sure that you are adding the brushes and such, just like you would with a smaller canvas. You can't fill the whole 500X500 canvas, but just enough so when you crop it, it looks good.

Example:

Brushings in a 500X500 canvas.

- Notice that I put a Paint Bucket filled white background in the back, to see where my brushings are going. smile.gif This is very helpful, and you can delete the white background, when you are finished with everything, to form a transparent signature.

Eraser of the brushings into a compact box.

- I used the selection tool, and formed the size that I wanted. But, oh noes! It's not a transparent box! Agh! But, this in turn, helps to see where there are lines being made.

Erasing more to form a non-box...lol.

- I deselected, and then, I could see where the lines were formed. See, it looks a lot better without the lines.

Cropped and got rid of white background.

- Once, I erased more to get rid of the lines, I cropped the image. When I did this, I made sure to stay somewhat away from the edges of the brushings and stuff, so that no more lines could be formed.

This is ugly, I know, but it is just to show:

IPB Image

----

But, besides the brushings, and the Color Overlay, I see nothing really wrong with it. The text is alright... although it does blend it too much into the background, since the brushes are about the same color. The placement of the text I like, though. The cutting of Vaan is a good job too, I see no parts of him where you cut him out wrong, which is a good thing.

Just keep working on it, I have belief that soon you can make something great. smile.gif

----

@Xiitharn: That is so good. I think Inhert deserves a Graphic Design award or something, for all the great things that he does. I am also proud that he allowed you into his secret realm a little.
+Quote Post
Xiitharn
post Aug 15 2006, 08:52 PM
Post #40

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

^ lol K-I, is it really that good? o_o

It's alot different compared to Inhert's.

--------------------
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th December 2018 - 03:02 AM

© Copyright 2003-2007 FFXII.Net - All Rights Reserved - Disclaimer
Final Fantasy XII, FFXII & FF12 are registered trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd.