Reply to this topicStart new topic
> !EmO!, 'EmO' Disscussion
Basch
post Sep 16 2006, 05:24 AM
Post #1

Royal Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 845

Hey! I havent been posting and reading all the things going on lately (one year actually) so im not sure if this has been disscussed before. My appologies in advance if it has.

So lately the EmO cluture has surfaced....its been out there well for years now, but just not recognised as much as now. I want to know the people of the Forums comments towards EmO's.

I personally don't mind the casual/musical EmO's, the "wanna be tough" EmO's kinda piss me off in the school, although they are rare and im not too sure if they are apart of the EmO culture or not, but they seem to hang around together sometimes and share the same clothing sense. Recently a person in my English class did a speech on EmO's and it wasn't a EmO bash or anything, it was quite imformative...but i seemed to laugh when the cutting yourself topic arrised.... I pose a question" Is it wrong to cut yourself....?" This all ties in with the EmO theme.
PS: EDIT: What do you thing of their EmO fringes?

So what are your thoughts people!!!

This post has been edited by Basch: Sep 16 2006, 05:48 AM

--------------------
"Insert Signature Here"

UNDER CONSTRUCTION
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Xiitharn
post Sep 16 2006, 06:29 AM
Post #2

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 1134

Emos are just people looking for attention.

That's how I look at it..

and I really don't give a shit about what people do to themselves..if they end up dead then it's their own stupid fault.

The end.

--------------------
QUOTE(Nick @ May 5 2007, 04:05 PM) *
go Roger yourself with a Tuba you flappy-headed Canuck - your humour is hideous and your gayness knows no bounds!
+Quote Post
*Garland*
post Sep 16 2006, 09:12 AM
Post #3

Banned
Group Icon

Member No.: 1655

^ Ha i agree. Most are just attention seeking whiny little freaks. Either that or a sheep that follows the latest fad. I hate most emo bands aswell >_>

I do love their hair though. Best hair out there, i'm growing mine long just for that purpouse.
Emooo hair <3

--------------------
<3 BG, Azzy & Steiny.
+Quote Post
Fox
post Sep 16 2006, 10:07 AM
Post #4

Ninja Fox - The Silent Menace
Group Icon

Member No.: 2280

THey're alright mostly. Sometimes they annoy me when they just go all out whacko depressed for no reason.

Still, I got nothing against em really. I hate Chavs though. At least Emos are hurting themselves, not other people.

--------------------
PSN: "corneliusfingers"
twitter: @corneliusfinger
Blog: Games Under the Knife
+Quote Post
Maiden of Rabanastre
post Sep 16 2006, 02:50 PM
Post #5

Ultimate Member

Member No.: 1898

QUOTE(Xiitharn @ Sep 16 2006, 02:29 AM) *

and I really don't give a shit about what people do to themselves..if they end up dead then it's their own stupid fault.

The end.

I couldn't agree with you more. Stop trying to blame your angsts on the world and get over your teenage-hormone-raging-punk-asses. Got it? There are far better ways to display your emotions. Cutting yourself while you bleed profusely and listening to depressing music isn't the right way to do it. Get counseling.
+Quote Post
N2Y
post Sep 16 2006, 03:16 PM
Post #6

Wiiii Love PS3... and Jessica Alba! And Penelope Cruz!
Group Icon

Member No.: 734

What are emo's anyways? O_o

Dont call me stupid, I just never hang out with "emo's". Not that I know of that is.

Are they the people that are into goth, listen to heavy metal, that kind of stuff? Cuz then its definetly not the kind of people I like, haha.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Maiden of Rabanastre
post Sep 16 2006, 03:49 PM
Post #7

Ultimate Member

Member No.: 1898

Heh. EmO's are people who are overly sensitive and act really depressed and angsty all the time. They're a kind of sub-goth, though they'd probably tell you different, and some of them cut their wrists to "ease their pains". I don't have anything against them personally, but they do get really annoying after a while, so therefore, they are easily disliked.

Here's a video that helps explain the whole Emo thing better than I can.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=moC-TXQJXTY

This post has been edited by Maiden of Rabanastre: Sep 19 2006, 09:35 PM
+Quote Post
Inhert
post Sep 16 2006, 03:57 PM
Post #8

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 804

Well I just find emo's annoying to be honest. They need a good kick up the arse xD.

Although they do provide entertaining YouTube videos.
+Quote Post
BohemianAndy
post Sep 16 2006, 04:10 PM
Post #9

Dentist brah
Group Icon

Member No.: 1071

OK...well.."emo" now encompasses an entire culture of fashion, music and attitude. I don't really like the music at all. The fashion is like some kind of styled-out punk look. What I dislike most of all is the depressed attitude. They choose to be depressed. And now others join in the culture, because its "trendy" to look depressed and to listen to whining/moaning music.

Because of this, there is also an "emo counter-culture", where people bash at them and the way they are happy.gif Its interesting how social constructs can influence the media, fashion, music, and society..

--------------------
<3 FT//GRG2//Sarah
+Quote Post
Aliko
post Sep 16 2006, 06:10 PM
Post #10

『!!!』
Group Icon

Member No.: 873

There aren't many emos at my school, so I don't know much about them or their "culture". One thing I know for sure, though, is that I wouldn't want to be friends with one since they probably wouldn't be much fun.

--------------------

+Glico+
[We love Wii!]
+Quote Post
L.J.
post Sep 16 2006, 06:19 PM
Post #11

?!?!
Group Icon

Member No.: 561

QUOTE(Xiitharn @ Sep 16 2006, 02:29 AM) *

The end.

Not really, it's just them, their style. It's not their fault that we so call regular people give them so much attention.

Get with it, this **** of hating emos is so stereotypical.

If you think they are looking for attention, you wouldn't talk about them or anything, just don't bother them. You would just leave them alone, for example, emos are getting attention due to topics like this.

Get my drift?

--------------------

L.
J.

+Quote Post
silentaura
post Sep 17 2006, 12:12 AM
Post #12

HISSATSU!
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2098

I concur with X. I somewhat disagree to the statement that emos are just people looking to have attention. You'll need some justifiable reasons to say that.

Well, for myself, Im not fond with the emos either, but I think if people chooses to enjoy listen to depressing music and dress the way they wanted. Just let them, they have my respect, but if your starting to have thoughts of slitting your own wrists, then I think you really need to get it checked.

Also, I find a person who mocks others for the way they dressed, and taste in music as a reference to a certain stereotype ignorant. Without really get to know them. I was not once but many times, being called as an emo, because the way I had my hair and I collect weapons such as knifes. But it's for decoration, not to hurt myself. But to be honest, Im not even familiar with the culture, nor the word 'emo'.

Maybe it's just me, but I think what really defines a person is their action/motive, not their appearance.

--------------------
IPB Image
Shameless advertisement - FFi Forum FAQ & Rules v2.3
+Quote Post
Lonedove
post Sep 17 2006, 12:25 AM
Post #13

L o s t L u n a t i c.
Group Icon

Member No.: 2164

I looked up the word. And I think its short for, emotional.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I would be lying if I said I didn't like their hair. But, that whole depressed attitude gets on my nerves. This "culture" is HUGE at my school. Let them become who they want to be just don't bother me with your thoughts filled with death and stupidity.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Swordsman
post Sep 17 2006, 12:27 AM
Post #14

Top Gun
Group Icon

Member No.: 2664

I personally wouldn't want to waste my time focussing on all the negative aspects of life because to me that's just a waste. Having said that, if "Emos" want to focus on pain and misery that's their choice. If they are going to slash their wrists, just because they have worked themselves up in a certain frame of mind, then I would feel that that is just stupid. It's not worth it.

As for Emo culture (ie, music, clothes, hair etc.), I have a few friends who are into that but are not "serious Emos". We kind of joke about it a lot which just goes to show how ridiculous we see it as.

I looked up the word. And I think its short for, emotional.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yeah, that's right.

This post has been edited by Swordsman: Sep 17 2006, 12:29 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
thermopyle
post Sep 17 2006, 12:49 AM
Post #15

bouncy bouncy

Member No.: 2212

I definitley love the emo-girl fashion. It's just hot.

The serious emos though are just plain annoying. Stop complaining and do something about it, jeez. And what they complain and b*tch about is usually something trivial too. And the girl pants...*shudders*
+Quote Post
Nick
post Sep 17 2006, 12:49 AM
Post #16

The Captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 646

We did a set-up joke in college once. Nearly got reported and suspended. My friend walked into English looking annoyed. I said to him in a loud and obvious voice (to draw the class' attention) "Why John you look annoyed, whats up?"
"Damn lawnmowers broken" he replied.
"Ah thats too bad" says I. "Know what you should do?"
"What?" He says.
"Play emo music on your lawn, then it'll cut itself!"

Heard that joke many many times since (he heard it from his work) but someone in the class reported us to senior tutors.

Personally i think they're sad and pathetic. And take themselves far too seriously. A month ago walking through the pub i saw a bunch of emo kids sat around looking at all the normal people disgustedly. Somewhat drunk, me and a mate Tom jumped on a table and shouted "Football season's started Emos!" They did not look happy! biggrin.gif

--------------------
The damnation of Faust. Man sells his soul to the devil. All ends in tears, these arrangements usually do.
Married to my MUCH LOVED Drunken Pirating Wench Michiko
+Quote Post
Xiitharn
post Sep 17 2006, 12:55 AM
Post #17

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1134

QUOTE(silentaura @ Sep 16 2006, 05:12 PM) *

I concur with X. I somewhat disagree to the statement that emos are just people looking to have attention. You'll need some justifiable reasons to say that.

People going around telling everyone that their life sucks and they want to die?

That's a good enough reason for me..

I guess this whole "people wanting attention" could be taken as they want someone to make a big deal about them, so they go around telling people how much life sucks etc etc so someone can pity them.

I don't know..I'm not a psycologist. *shrug*

I don't really care..just as long as they're not up in my face then I don't have a problem with it.

Their type of style (like Garland said, their hair) is great though. I guess being emotional helps you express yourself.

Scene kids are the best.

--------------------
QUOTE(Nick @ May 5 2007, 04:05 PM) *
go Roger yourself with a Tuba you flappy-headed Canuck - your humour is hideous and your gayness knows no bounds!
+Quote Post
Henry1245
post Sep 17 2006, 01:25 AM
Post #18

Ultimate Member

Member No.: 1858

QUOTE(thermopyle @ Sep 16 2006, 05:49 PM) *

I definitley love the emo-girl fashion. It's just hot.

The serious emos though are just plain annoying. Stop complaining and do something about it, jeez. And what they complain and b*tch about is usually something trivial too. And the girl pants...*shudders*

Mmm....Emo-girls fashion.......smile.gif I completely agree with you. *mind wanders*

"Emo" people do have an annoyingly negative view on life. Don't they get that there are bettr ways to express your feelings? *sigh* And the people who act like it because its "cool" are even more annoying.

--------------------
IPB Image
Black marked member of the chocobo family

IPB Image
+Quote Post
L.J.
post Sep 17 2006, 02:41 AM
Post #19

?!?!
Group Icon

Member No.: 561

Wait, hold up a second, where do people get this bull**** about emos slithing their wrist? ******* bs. That's just a myth in my opinion, very few emos do it, the majority of emos don't do that, people just take this whole "emos love sithing their wrist" to a whole new level. That's just ****** up.

As far as I know, emos might be depressed by their life, they listen to different music, dress all black, it's their own culture, there is nothing to hate about them. They are like us except in a whole different mindset.

Just let them be and let them live. Jesus people.

People going around telling everyone that their life sucks and they want to die?

Complete bs. Have you been around the emos even? Emos are the last people to actually just talk to random people about their lives, they won't just simply come up to you and bitch about their life. They will keep to themselves or post it in a blog. They are quiet people at most times. Lonely.

I guess this whole "people wanting attention" could be taken as they want someone to make a big deal about them, so they go around telling people how much life sucks etc etc so someone can pity them.

Actually emos aren't the one making a big deal, the emos culture are among the emos themsleves, they actually don't want the outside world as they call it wanting to know much about them at all.

It's more like, REGULAR PEOPLE LIKE US MAKING THE EMO CULTURE SUCH A BIG DEAL, IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD. BIG MISTAKE.

(Sorry ofr the capitalization, just trying to get that through people's head.)

If they are going to slash their wrists, just because they have worked themselves up in a certain frame of mind,

Very few emos do that. The really, really, really obssess one do it.

<Emo girls. Lol, my ex is an emo. They are actually hot, their hair is freaking lovely.

--------------------

L.
J.

+Quote Post
andrzej
post Sep 17 2006, 03:22 AM
Post #20

Big Boss
Group Icon

Member No.: 345

i think that emo is just an attentionwhore with black hair tongue.gif

but yes, the internet and jokes blow it out of poportion

however, i don't like how emo's done a turn for the worse

--------------------
last.fm
mgs4 has come and gone... oh how the time flies

♥SNAKE ARE YOU INFECTED WITH FOXDIE?
...BECAUSE I JUST FELT MY HEART STOP

NET WIKI! & NET-AE
+Quote Post

5 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th January 2018 - 10:31 AM

Copyright 2003-2007 FFXII.Net - All Rights Reserved - Disclaimer
Final Fantasy XII, FFXII & FF12 are registered trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd.