Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New details on Final Fantasy XII Revenant Wings, Vaan is going to be the only protagonist
Prevailer
post Oct 26 2006, 05:54 PM
Post #1

Royal Member

Group: Members
From: Leipzig (Games Convention, Revolution 1989, ...^^'), Germany
Member No.: 95

Here are some more, new information on the upcoming Final Fantasy XII Revenant Wings for Nintendo DS:
http://ff12.gamigo.de/cms/news/neues/final...ffentlicht.html

And because its in german... here's a short comprehensive:
- Vaan is going to be the only protagonist, not like it was in FF XII, where he was only involved in the story of Ashe
- The logo wasn't designed by Amano, but Kamikokuryou
- You can fly an airship by the very beginning of the game
- The story goes deeper into Vaans relationship with Penelo
- Penelo becomes more feminin than in FF XII
- More light on charas that only made short appearance in FF XII

And the prologue from the press release:

An age when magic was commonplace and airships plied the skies... “Purvama, the floating lands. In the border-skies they wait. Untrodden, unknown.” So the legend went. And the children who heard it turned their eyes to the sky, and dreamed. There, above, an all but forgotten land—demesne of the winged ones. The Cache of Glabados is the key, throwing wide the doors of fading memory.

Does anybody know where to get the full press release? I only found this page, but I like to have the pdf.

Well, I hope its all clear, I'm not a native english speaker, sorry.

--------------------
PlanetFF12.de
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Larien
post Oct 28 2006, 11:08 PM
Post #2

MY HEART DRAWS A DREAM...
Group Icon

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 901

I like the idea of going deeper into Vaan and Penelo's relationship. They're cute together. smile.gif ...maybe a little too cute, what with the cartoon-y graphics of this game.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Ringo
post Oct 29 2006, 05:07 AM
Post #3

* POKE *

Member No.: 2467

^ Yeah I totally agree, they look somewhat too cute tongue.gif They must be targeting younger teenagers/kids^^?
and why is Vaan wearing exactly the same outfit?

This post has been edited by Ringo: Oct 29 2006, 06:41 AM
+Quote Post
*Sakura*
post Oct 29 2006, 07:23 PM
Post #4

woot!!!
Group Icon

Member No.: 1359

QUOTE(Ringo @ Oct 28 2006, 11:07 PM) *

^ Yeah I totally agree, they look somewhat too cute tongue.gif They must be targeting younger teenagers/kids^^?
and why is Vaan wearing exactly the same outfit?

Lol, that last sentence made me laugh. Anyways, this game seems fun but I am kind of cynical right now. I wished they would have stayed with Sony, even a game on PSP. I like the graphics, but to me they seem a little too childish. It could work, but Final Fantasy XII has such a mature storyline that I can't see it going from mature graphics to less mature ones. The sequel's graphics make it seem like its going to have a light hearted plot. It is still much to early to judge anything though.

--------------------
Proud Member of the Chocobo Family!

Married to Jhei_Em.

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Larien
post Oct 29 2006, 10:28 PM
Post #5

MY HEART DRAWS A DREAM...
Group Icon

Member No.: 901

QUOTE(*Sakura* @ Oct 29 2006, 11:23 AM) *

It could work, but Final Fantasy XII has such a mature storyline that I can't see it going from mature graphics to less mature ones. The sequel's graphics make it seem like its going to have a light hearted plot. It is still much to early to judge anything though.

Yeah, it does seem like they're almost making a laugh out of FFXII. :-/

--------------------
+Quote Post
S'laris
post Oct 30 2006, 02:05 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 2395

blink.gif While I've just now read about this...it's more money out of the bank for a Nintendo DS ><. (Depends on how the game is.)

Just as long as I don't have to buy a bloody xbox console system for FF in the future (in exception to FFXI). blink.gif
+Quote Post
Ringo
post Oct 31 2006, 11:22 AM
Post #7

* POKE *

QUOTE(Larien @ Oct 30 2006, 09:28 AM) *

It could work, but Final Fantasy XII has such a mature storyline that I can't see it going from mature graphics to less mature ones. The sequel's graphics make it seem like its going to have a light hearted plot. It is still much to early to judge anything though.

Yeah can you imagine Judges with that sort of cute looks? laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Ringo: Oct 31 2006, 11:22 AM
+Quote Post
*Sakura*
post Nov 1 2006, 02:46 AM
Post #8

woot!!!
Group Icon

QUOTE(Ringo @ Oct 31 2006, 05:22 AM) *

Lol, yeah I hope this game does not become the new Final Fantasy X-2. I like X-2 don't get me wrong, but the plot was too lighthearted for me. I hope that this does not happen to Revenant Wings.

--------------------

Married to Jhei_Em.

IPB Image
+Quote Post
OMGWTFitzBEN
post Nov 3 2006, 08:38 AM
Post #9

Ultimate Member

Member No.: 3190

Penelo becomes more feminin eh? Sounds sexy, and the game sounds like pwnage. Bah, too bad I sold my DS xD. I totally regret that now, so many awesome games are coming out for it now. I got it right when it came out, and all the games sucked, then all the good games came after I sold it and I was like T__T. But yeah, this game looks cool!
+Quote Post
Vameq-sama
post Nov 4 2006, 05:05 AM
Post #10

Ultimate Member

Member No.: 1460

ha i got it righ twhne it came out adn got Mario 64DS, then they both got stolen adn much later i got another blue one and now i got Animal Crosing and Mariokart and Advance Wars, and Mario&liugi and new super mario bros.
if i get this job, i'm gonna wanna get this, too provided it isn't some stupid crappy DS port, but i bet it will be gewd

--------------------
IPB Image
"Forget all that formal crap about coming at me one at a time! I'll take all you bitches on!!!! *charge*"
-Mugen of 'Samurai Champloo'
IPB Image
Clan Rank: Risk Breaker
+Quote Post
Turquoise Reed
post Nov 4 2006, 01:23 PM
Post #11

MidnightBlue
Group Icon

Member No.: 1674

QUOTE(*Sakura* @ Nov 1 2006, 10:46 AM) *
Lol, yeah I hope this game does not become the new Final Fantasy X-2. I like X-2 don't get me wrong, but the plot was too lighthearted for me. I hope that this does not happen to Revenant Wings.

Hm. Especially since 'Revenant Wings' sounds like such an epic title. But over the years I've grown to trust SE when it comes to Final Fantasy. I'm now extremely intrigued to find out what this new hybrid of a battle system will be like. If anything, I always love something new and refreshing.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
The hero
post Nov 5 2006, 03:23 PM
Post #12

Hey!

Member No.: 1604

The little cute graphics are like FF9!lol

--------------------
IPB Image Gracia Hosokawa, Magoichi Saika, Sun Ce, Sun Shang Xiang, Asuka Kazama, Jin Kazama, Sophitia, Yoshimitsu, Joan of Arc, Lightning are my favorite characters.
+Quote Post
Ringo
post Nov 6 2006, 11:38 AM
Post #13

* POKE *

QUOTE(*Sakura* @ Nov 1 2006, 01:46 PM) *

QUOTE(Ringo @ Oct 31 2006, 05:22 AM) *

hmm...judging from the graphics, I think it looks quite lighthearted tongue.gif I'll be surprised if it's a serious game like FFXII with those cute graphics ^^ But I guess some ppl will probably like it more tongue.gif
+Quote Post
Kaj
post Nov 6 2006, 01:44 PM
Post #14

Goodfella
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 1

This sequal really appeals to me. I am very interested in the game smile.gif I will most defo buy a DS for it biggrin.gif

/loves all ff9 looking games xD

--------------------
| Gotta love BG's BJ <3 <3 . v2.3 |
IPB Image
+Quote Post
N2Y
post Nov 6 2006, 03:00 PM
Post #15

Wiiii Love PS3... and Jessica Alba! And Penelope Cruz!
Group Icon

Member No.: 734

Im kinda scared it will ruin FF12... Matsuno is not involved in the game whatsoever and well... he kinda made FF12 to what it is...

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
*Sakura*
post Nov 7 2006, 01:31 AM
Post #16

woot!!!
Group Icon

QUOTE(new2ya @ Nov 6 2006, 09:00 AM) *

Im kinda scared it will ruin FF12... Matsuno is not involved in the game whatsoever and well... he kinda made FF12 to what it is...

I agree. But I am trying my best not to misjudge it. I really like the characters from Final Fantasy XII and I hope that they don't butcher their personalities. I am not to worried about Vaan's personality being butched, I think his characteristics will be safe. I am a little worried about what they will do to Penelo's personality.

--------------------

Married to Jhei_Em.

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Shalafai
post Nov 7 2006, 05:02 AM
Post #17

Royal Member

Member No.: 3121

QUOTE(*Sakura* @ Nov 6 2006, 05:31 PM) *

I agree. But I am trying my best not to misjudge it. I really like the characters from Final Fantasy XII and I hope that they don't butcher their personalities. I am not to worried about Vaan's personality being butched, I think his characteristics will be safe. I am a little worried about what they will do to Penelo's personality.

Agreed. I think she's feminine enough in FFXII and even though I like her new outfit it worries me a little.

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
Member of the Singles Family
“King me, baby ... it's oh-so fashionable.”
+Quote Post
Quasar
post Nov 8 2006, 06:02 AM
Post #18

Holy Member

Member No.: 2431

I wonder how the storyline is going to be like. Is it going to be a mystery storyline with drama or just a straight forward plot?

And by the way, I do believe this game is going to connect with FFT. Because I do believe there a Glabados something in FFT. And I doubt the game will ruin FFXII. Even if it is bad, the game has no connection to FFXII's plot. It has a few of the characters but it's just another tale in Ivalice just like Final Fantasy Tactics, Tactics Advance, and Vagrant Story.

--------------------
"They can be a great people, Kal-El, they wish to be... They only lack the light to show the way...For this reason, above all, they're capacity for good...I have sent them you....my only son." ~ Jor-El, Superman The Movie
+Quote Post
Angel Valentine
post Nov 8 2006, 07:44 AM
Post #19

Member No.: 3357

Eh......I may get it down the road at some point, but I can't say I'm excited about it. Vaan & Penelo don't annoy me or anything but, I don't think I care enough of about them to go and buy a game centered around them ^^;

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
*Sakura*
post Nov 8 2006, 08:43 PM
Post #20

woot!!!
Group Icon

QUOTE(Shalafai @ Nov 6 2006, 11:02 PM) *

QUOTE(*Sakura* @ Nov 6 2006, 05:31 PM) *

Agreed. I think she's feminine enough in FFXII and even though I like her new outfit it worries me a little.

Yeah, I like her new outfit too, but I don't want her to be there just so she can be eye candy. I don't want her going from mature and smart to playful and less mature like Yuna did. Jeez that bugged me. Anyways, is it just me or does the 'new' Penelo seem to look like she is blushing all the time.

--------------------

Married to Jhei_Em.

IPB Image
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th December 2018 - 04:11 AM

© Copyright 2003-2007 FFXII.Net - All Rights Reserved - Disclaimer
Final Fantasy XII, FFXII & FF12 are registered trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd.