Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New details on Final Fantasy XII Revenant Wings, Vaan is going to be the only protagonist
Quasar
post Nov 8 2006, 09:30 PM
Post #21

Holy Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2431

I wonder if in this installment they're going to make Vaan into a Sinbad like character( no not the comedian).

--------------------
"They can be a great people, Kal-El, they wish to be... They only lack the light to show the way...For this reason, above all, they're capacity for good...I have sent them you....my only son." ~ Jor-El, Superman The Movie
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
*Sakura*
post Nov 8 2006, 10:40 PM
Post #22

woot!!!
Group Icon

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 1359

QUOTE(Quasar @ Nov 8 2006, 03:30 PM) *

I wonder if in this installment they're going to make Vaan into a Sinbad like character( no not the comedian).

Lol, the (not the comedian) note made me laugh.

I am not sure if he will be like Sinbad. He is a sky-pirate now isn't he? So I guess there will be alot of traveling and things of that sort. I like Vaan more then I thought I would so I won't mind him be the main character.

--------------------
Proud Member of the Chocobo Family!

Married to Jhei_Em.

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Ringo
post Nov 9 2006, 01:46 AM
Post #23

* POKE *

Member No.: 2467

QUOTE(*Sakura* @ Nov 9 2006, 07:43 AM) *

Yeah, I like her new outfit too, but I don't want her to be there just so she can be eye candy. I don't want her going from mature and smart to playful and less mature like Yuna did. Jeez that bugged me. Anyways, is it just me or does the 'new' Penelo seem to look like she is blushing all the time.

Errr......Yuna's personality in FFX-2 really did bugged me tongue.gif
I hope Penelo's not going to be like her at all!
Penelo blushing all the time? Maybe cuz she thinking about Vaan all the time biggrin.gif

QUOTE(*Sakura* @ Nov 9 2006, 09:40 AM) *

QUOTE(Quasar @ Nov 8 2006, 03:30 PM) *

Lol, the (not the comedian) note made me laugh.

I am not sure if he will be like Sinbad. He is a sky-pirate now isn't he? So I guess there will be alot of traveling and things of that sort. I like Vaan more then I thought I would so I won't mind him be the main character.

Sinbad~ hahah ~
+Quote Post
finalbahamut
post Nov 10 2006, 07:55 AM
Post #24

Member No.: 3364

I read some news in IGN saying that they'll focus more in summons this time which is good. Too bad though that Amano didn't draw the logo that's probably a big disadvantage in this game..

Summon beasts will apparently play a big role in the game. Toriyama expects Revenant Wings to have the most summon beasts of any Final Fantasy game ever. The summon beasts will be the key to battles, said Toriyama, and their use will be different from that of previous titles.
Source: IGN

--------------------
+Quote Post
linkfan57
post Nov 13 2006, 01:29 AM
Post #25

Member No.: 3555

I believe that this game will be a good hit for Nintendo, but the DS is a bit lacking in the graphics department.

I subscribe to Nintendo Power and i have been keeping up on FF.

What caught my attention at first was that FF III is gonna be remade for the DS.

I read the article and looked at the screen shots and they looked great. Although they said it would only look that way for the opening scene.

So I believe that Revenant Wings would be a bigger hit on the PSP....but hey, i could be wrong...
+Quote Post
finalbahamut
post Nov 16 2006, 01:42 PM
Post #26

Yup PSP has better graphics they should release it there also..

--------------------
+Quote Post
*Sakura*
post Nov 16 2006, 05:19 PM
Post #27

woot!!!
Group Icon

Member No.: 1359

I wish they would put it on PSP too. I wish they would have just stuck with the PlayStation2 though.

--------------------
Proud Member of the Chocobo Family!

Married to Jhei_Em.

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Ringo
post Nov 17 2006, 01:03 AM
Post #28

* POKE *

^ yeah PS2 would b so much better. Or even PS3 tongue.gif make it with beta graphic ^^ They might stil change their minds and start all over again ~ Like Resident Evil 4.
+Quote Post
Fox
post Nov 17 2006, 01:04 PM
Post #29

Ninja Fox - The Silent Menace
Group Icon

Member No.: 2280

Yeah thats a bit strange...to have the original exclusive on one console and the sequel exclusive to another. People with only the DS won't know the FFXII story and people with only a PS2 won;t be able to play RW.

--------------------
PSN: "corneliusfingers"
twitter: @corneliusfinger
Blog: Games Under the Knife
+Quote Post
finalbahamut
post Nov 17 2006, 03:20 PM
Post #30

QUOTE(Ringo @ Nov 17 2006, 01:03 AM) *

^ yeah PS2 would b so much better. Or even PS3 tongue.gif make it with beta graphic ^^ They might stil change their minds and start all over again ~ Like Resident Evil 4.

Yup they should just stick with Sony instead of trying other consoles..

--------------------
+Quote Post
Noelle
post Dec 16 2006, 10:53 PM
Post #31

Elite Member

Member No.: 4092

Maybe they thought it would be a good idea to go with the DS because the DS has the touch screen. Maybe, just a thought. They could be experimenting:)

I'm glad they are putting it on the DS because... I own one, and I don't own a PSP, hah.

I have to say, I'm excited about this game.

--------------------
IPB Image
--------------------
myspace add me<3
+Quote Post
Ethereal Blade
post Dec 16 2006, 11:19 PM
Post #32

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2570

QUOTE(Noelle @ Dec 16 2006, 04:53 PM) *

Maybe they thought it would be a good idea to go with the DS because the DS has the touch screen. Maybe, just a thought. They could be experimenting:)

I'm glad they are putting it on the DS because... I own one, and I don't own a PSP, hah.

I have to say, I'm excited about this game.

Well, it's probably on DS because it's super popular in Japan, but I have to agree with you in being glad that it's going to be on the DS because that's what I have too (I don't have a PSP). And I wasn't too enthusiastic about this game at first, but now it's starting to look very good to me. biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Kenith
post Dec 17 2006, 08:08 AM
Post #33

Member No.: 1781

QUOTE(Quasar @ Nov 8 2006, 04:30 PM) *

Hmm... I did think that Penelo was dressed like some one out of the late eighties... but then again we can only pray that the game won't come with a laugh track and the object is to score with the young landlord who is constantly angry with you....

This post has been edited by Kenith: Dec 17 2006, 08:08 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
aorin
post Dec 22 2006, 06:38 AM
Post #34

~ ♥ Double Trouble ♥ ~

Member No.: 2129

For now, I jus hope FFXII RW has a good FMV opening like FFIII DS with the old cast . I could use some eye-candy. biggrin.gif

Judging from what little info we have now, I don't think we can figure out the story yet; apart that it is an adventure story.

I hope SE don't introduce too much new characters. Rather they should expand the older cast as much as possible; instead of introducing new characters in which i couldn't care less about. (Unless I get to have a moogle in my cast ^____^) happy.gif

Lastly, looking at chibi judge would make me laugh. They use to look so menancing but not anymore. SE is butchering the image of the powerful judges. tongue.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Ringo
post Dec 24 2006, 05:21 AM
Post #35

* POKE *

QUOTE(aorin @ Dec 22 2006, 05:38 PM) *

I hope SE don't introduce too much new characters. Rather they should expand the older cast as much as possible; instead of introducing new characters in which i couldn't care less about. (Unless I get to have a moogle in my cast ^____^) happy.gif

Lastly, looking at chibi judge would make me laugh. They use to look so menancing but not anymore. SE is butchering the image of the powerful judges. tongue.gif

Yeah I hope they expand the older cast more too. The character relationships in FFXII is pretty vague (But I like the ending, I think it'll still work with no sequel. I hope this sequel won't spoil it).

Yeah I don't want them to introduce too much new characters too and hopefully that feathery dude isn't Rasler back from the dead (with a new look) to live happily ever after with Ashe tongue.gif

SE is butchering the image of the powerful judges. tongue.gif

haha that is so true laugh.gif

EDIT:
After seeing the new Jump Festa 2007 trailer from the official website, I think there are too many new characters sad.gif
and it seems that Basch and Ashe are not the main characters anymore. At least Balthier and Fran seems to be still....

This post has been edited by Ringo: Dec 26 2006, 03:19 AM
+Quote Post
Synthia
post Dec 26 2006, 11:41 PM
Post #36

Member No.: 4177

"I don't want her going from mature and smart to playful and less mature like Yuna did. Jeez that bugged me."

That was the only truly unforgivable sin committed by FFX-2. If they do to Panelo what they did to Yuna and Rikku I will personally bomb S-E HQ.
+Quote Post
Prevailer
post Dec 28 2006, 02:54 PM
Post #37

Royal Member

From: Leipzig (Games Convention, Revolution 1989, ...^^'), Germany
Member No.: 95

There was a quite big update on the official website this day:

characters: two new chara-sections, lluyd (the boy with the wings) and ba'gamnan. eight (!) slots are free.

world: the sky-kontinent is named Lemurés and the new race is named Aegyl.

system: something about the usage of the NDS touch pen...

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/ff12rw/

--------------------
PlanetFF12.de
+Quote Post
XManRCJ
post Dec 29 2006, 02:58 AM
Post #38

Member No.: 4879

Looks like from left to right its:
Balthier
Fran
Nono
and after that I'd assume Tomaj, Kytes, and whomever else we same in the trailer?

And this doesn't seem to have as many new characters as X-2 did, yet.....I don't get what everyone's complaining about.....

This post has been edited by XManRCJ: Dec 29 2006, 03:02 AM
+Quote Post
aorin
post Dec 29 2006, 10:25 AM
Post #39

~ ♥ Double Trouble ♥ ~

Member No.: 2129

Looks like from left to right its:
Balthier
Fran
Nono
and after that I'd assume Tomaj, Kytes, and whomever else we same in the trailer?

From left to right:
Vaan, Penelo, Llyud, Ba'gamnan, Balthier, Fran, Nono, Tomaj, Kytes, Filo, Ashe and Basch.

I wonder how long before they reveal all the characters? unknw.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Red Mage
post Dec 30 2006, 08:19 AM
Post #40

Member No.: 4948

QUOTE(Ringo @ Oct 31 2006, 06:22 AM) *

QUOTE(Larien @ Oct 30 2006, 09:28 AM) *

QUOTE(*Sakura* @ Oct 29 2006, 11:23 AM) *

It could work, but Final Fantasy XII has such a mature storyline that I can't see it going from mature graphics to less mature ones. The sequel's graphics make it seem like its going to have a light hearted plot. It is still much to early to judge anything though.

Yeah, it does seem like they're almost making a laugh out of FFXII. :-/

Yeah can you imagine Judges with that sort of cute looks? laugh.gif

IPB Image

Square-Enix makes one sequel to a Final Fantasy, and goes into a spiral of doing it more and more. Grrrreat. I'm sure I'll end up getting it eventually since I have a DS already, but I wouldn't have gone out of my way for this one. Hopefully it's not too bad.

--------------------
Signatures, bah!
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th July 2018 - 12:43 PM

© Copyright 2003-2007 FFXII.Net - All Rights Reserved - Disclaimer
Final Fantasy XII, FFXII & FF12 are registered trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd.